Warhammer 40k General

Going Super Scion Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/on-maturity-40k-and-slaanesh.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So those of you have face or play IG often enough - How will you be dealing with the surge of scions?

Their article hints that they will be able to bring troops back. Any further leak for the formations?

Their orders can make them potent additions on the field.

Will Space Marines be bringing these for any reason?

How would you pimp a tech priest's snow mobile out?

While I like Scion fluff they don't feel like they have enough teeth to actually be a threat to anything (when run pure and free from allies) that brings tanks and/or pieplates. Getting a unit back (likely on a roll meaning it's not a sure thing) isn't a horrible way to keep them in the fight.

Plus new units are worth kill points so that helps balance things a bit.

I'm perfectly happy to lose 1 warrior and change the 2 Stalkers for 2 Nightscythes
Does mean i only start with the 1 blob on the board though

how will i deal with it? things will get LOUD!!!

+++ Blood Angels (1288pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (BA Baal Strike Force) (1288pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

Relics and Detachment-rules [Codex: Blood Angels]

Sanguinary Discipline

+ HQ (360pts) +

Captain (135pts) [Artificer Armour (20pts), Hand Flamer (10pts), Lightning claw (15pts), Warlord]

Captain (135pts) [Artificer Armour (20pts), Combi-Plasma (10pts), Power weapon (15pts)]

Librarian (90pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Psyker (ML2) (25pts)]

+ Elites (470pts) +

Death Company Squad (115pts) [Bolt Pistol, 4x Bolter, 4x Chainsword, 5x Death Company Marine (100pts), Power Weapon (15pts)]

Furioso Dreadnought (130pts) [Magna-grapple]
····Power Fists (5pts) [Frag cannon (5pts), Heavy flamer]

Terminator Squad (225pts) [Assault Cannon (replaces Storm Bolter) (20pts), Chainfist (replaces Power fist) (5pts), 4x Terminators (160pts)]
····Sergeant (40pts) [Power Sword]

+ Troops (380pts) +

Tactical Squad (185pts) [Flamer (5pts), Heavy flamer (10pts), 9x Tactical Marine (126pts)]
····Tactical Sergeant (44pts) [Power weapon (15pts), Storm bolter (5pts), Veteran Sergeant (10pts)]

Tactical Squad (195pts) [Plasma cannon (15pts), Plasma gun (15pts), 9x Tactical Marine (126pts)]
····Tactical Sergeant (39pts) [Chainsword, Plasma Pistol (15pts), Veteran Sergeant (10pts)]

+ Fast Attack (78pts) +

Bike Squad (78pts) [Plasma gun (15pts), 2x Space Marine Biker (42pts)]
····Biker Sergeant (21pts) [Chainsword]

What do I fix? I'm going to be playing against Nurgle CSM and Chaos Daemons.

Daily reminder that Slaanesh is disgusting, immature and offensive, not just with it's childish portrayal with nudity, but with it's blatant misogyny and GW would do themselves a great service by removing Slaanesh from the game.

But first make a public apology for selling a 6 breasted Keeper of Secrets on Forge World.

>1288pts
Why the world's most random number?

Khorne, without Slaanesh how would we have Noise Marines? If we replaced Slaanesh with a spider god we could still have Noise Marines with spider bass I guess.
How is it the world's most random number?

Questions for the new thread:
Do you use Terminators in your list?
How do you justify the rather high point costs for those 1W models?

It looks fine for a 1288pt game.

I dunno, ask BoLS. Since they've decided to go "fuck it, clickbait bullshit is better for profits".

yes
they look cool

Or, and this is just me spitballing ideas, anyone who wants modern SJW ethics in a game where the main theme is war and how horrible life in that setting is, should take an eviscerator to the face.

Sincerly,

A trans person

>How is it the world's most random number?
Because it isn't an even number, the closest point level usually played to it would be 1250, the next step is usually 1500.

>"But I am one 38 points over"
That could be a whole transport for your opponent who built their list with the usual limitations in mind.

You can always agree to play at 1300 for anyone cares or even 1288 as long as both players agree.

what's the difference between jump, and jetpack infantry? I'm reading the rules and there doesn't seem to be a distinction between the two

>As with jump units, "Jet Pack" is not a classification in and of itself. Instead, you'll find it occurs in addition to another - Jet pack infantry for example. If no such distinction is made in a unit entry, treat the model as Jet Pack infantry

So what does that classify scourges as? Jump pack, or Jet pack?

Only when I need to soften my normal lists.

Biggest that comes to mind (other than XENOS HERESY) is that Jetpack has an assault move.

>UNIT TYPE: Jump Infantry
>"so guys, are they jump or jet?"

user. Pls user.

>what's the difference between jump, and jetpack infantry? I'm reading the rules and there doesn't seem to be a distinction between the two

The rules show the difference between them, maybe you just dont understand the game well?

but
>If no such distinction is made in a unit entry, treat the model as Jet Pack infantry

This is what confuses me

Ok GW Facebook team, that's actually not half bad.

Man, I want to make a Flamer themed IG army, but I feel like my current IG color scheme wouldn't feel right for it.

in layman's terms

jump- 12" move
jet: 6" move, 2D6" assault-phase move

>what does that classify scourges as?
Jump infantry. You can read, right?

>trans person

Now you've done it, despite you saying something I agree with, your mental state must be taken into consideration and thus I must dismiss whatever you said as a symptom of the severe delusion and mental illness you're suffering.

t. A normal person

But seriously, BoLS should just be nuked, they're just clickbait for nerds atm

Whats your favorite 40k image?

They did some really neat stuff. They did a "What chapter are you" picture and it was pretty funny.

Do you mean official or what? If it can be any, then stuff I can't show on a blueboard.

Apart from that, yangzhey's stuff is great, sameface, but still neat.

Officially? Rocks to face.

Only reason I quantified it that way was basically to go "as someone who should be on the side of the crazy SJW crowd, even I think they're fucking nuts."

And agreed, BoLS is just the Gawker of traditional gaming at this point.

Kek.
Any of the Emperor vs Horus, Big E himself, or anything of Papa Sang.

Both confer Deep Strike. Both allow you to ignore terrain in the movement phase if you do not begin or end the move on it. Both ignore vertical distance when moving.

Jump packs let you move farther in Movement OR reroll charge range and get Hammer of Wrath.

Jetpacks let you move 2d6 in Assault (also ignoring terrain as in Movement) and confer Relentless. You can choose to move on foot in the movement phase to avoid terrain issues, but the assault move is always made with thrusters.

Why do the orks have such cute ears? :3

It's saying if a unit is just listed as "JetPack," assume it's Jetpack Infantry. Learn to reading comprehend.

Rate My List

+++ Bleeder (1500pts) +++

++ Militarum Tempestus: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [4x Tempestus Scion w/ Meltagun]
Tempestor Prime [Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol]

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [4x Tempestus Scion w/ Meltagun]
Tempestor Prime [Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol]

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [9x Tempestus Scion]
Tempestor [Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol]

Militarum Tempestus Scions [9x Tempestus Scion]
Tempestor [Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol]

+ Fast Attack +

Taurox Prime [Twin-linked Autocannon, Twin-linked Taurox Gatling Cannon]

Taurox Prime [Twin-linked Autocannon, Twin-linked Taurox Gatling Cannon]

++ Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ (No Category) +

Chapter Tactics [Ultramarines]

Show FW models * [1. HQ, 2. Elites, 3. Fast Attack, 4. Heavy Support]

+ HQ +

Sergeant Telion

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [9x Boltgun, 9x Scouts]
Scout Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Scout Squad [9x Boltgun, 9x Scouts]
Scout Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Scout Squad [4x Scouts, 4x Sniper Rifle]
Scout Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Sniper Rifle]

+ Fast Attack +

Stormhawk Interceptor [Icarus Stormcannon, Skyhammer Missile Launcher]

Stormhawk Interceptor [Icarus Stormcannon, Skyhammer Missile Launcher]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missle Launcher, Twin-linked Anvilus Pattern Autocannon Battery, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

+++ Sistas 1000 (947pts) +++

Ministorum Priest (45pts) [Power Maul (15pts), Storm Bolter (5pts)]

+ HQ (100pts) +

Uriah Jacobus, Protector of the Faith (100pts)

+ Troops (298pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (149pts) [4x Battle Sister (48pts), Battle Sister with Flamer (17pts), Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer (22pts), Sororitas Rhino (40pts)]
Sister Superior (22pts) [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer (10pts)]

Battle Sister Squad (149pts) [4x Battle Sister (48pts), Battle Sister with Flamer (17pts), Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer (22pts), Sororitas Rhino (40pts)]
Sister Superior (22pts) [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer (10pts)]

+ Fast Attack (414pts) +

Dominion Squad (207pts) [4x Dominion (52pts), 4x Dominion with Meltagun (92pts), Sororitas Rhino (40pts)]
Dominion Superior (23pts) [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta (10pts)]

Dominion Squad (207pts) [4x Dominion (52pts), 4x Dominion with Meltagun (92pts), Sororitas Rhino (40pts)]
Dominion Superior (23pts) [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta (10pts)]

Going for a mobile and small 1000 points list. Facing mainly Necrons, Imperial Fist, Imperial Guard, Eldar and Nids.

On the plus side everyone is pretty much old school players so most of the armies are rather for "fun" than fully broken stuff.

Only fools with literally no understanding of how Slaanesh works would believe this bait.

Seriously, does it just get you off to make people mad on the internet?

I understood that bit, it's just that the wording confused me as to what counts as jet pack and jump pack. mostly because of this line

>If no such distinction is made in a unit entry, treat the model as Jet Pack infantry

Now that I read it it's becoming more clear

I like some of the old SM artwork even if it isnt as detailed as what is printed these days.

I know user, I was messing about. I assume you're MtF. I'm just getting annoyed with BoLS as they think they have a monopoly and they just write clickbait and then defend it as a 'opinion piece', which is what newspapers, magazines and websites do, to avoid biased accusations.

The entire article is basically

>waah it's not mature!
>my Japanese anime is way more mature!

That is literally it. I shit you not.

Can someone make a List Building thread to contain all this bullshit.

Should read as
>If it's listed as "Jet Pack" without an actual unit type, assume it's "Jet Pack Infantry."

It was a joke user, based on this

belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/on-maturity-40k-and-slaanesh.html

The whole point is BoLS is suppose to be for 40k fans, yet they write shit like this.

this is one of my favorites

same way i justify any expensive unit; they have a nice paint job and i don't expect them to do much anyway

list threads don't live long or get much done. not like we have anything but old business to talk about anyway

That's it. Dark Angels, Flesh Tearers and Imperial Fists ones are great.

Chaos one is always great due to one reason

>I Am Alpharius
>Sure you are...

They did another one as well, about applying to Prospero's University.

What you mean like those personality tests? I'd be down to one of those as I've yet to really find a chapter I like

Alright, now it makes much more sense. Thanks

They clearly have someone with a sense of humor on the team and it's great.

>Left hand is the hand of Chaos

;_; Being a leftie is suffering....

thats what the general is supposed to be for, asshat.

Everything else is shitposting.

It's already been posted. See Not detailed, but fun enough for a facebook picture.

Yeah. Do you have the Prospero University picture?

>left hand is the hand of Chaos
Interesting. The nuns from that one American Dad episode was right!
Needs more Ork speak.
Don't worry, user. I'll get the fish.

It's just a list of everything I own, ignore the points if you can. If not I'll try to cut it down to 750 or 1,000.

>this is one of my favorites
That is my favorite comic type one as well. Someday I will buy a Fourth Darkshroud to attempt this conversion.

Yo.

I don't have the Prospero U picture...yet. Give me a few minutes.

Nevermind. Based user got there first.

>avatar of spite

my bet is everyone gets hatred loyalists within 6" of the chaos lord

i got a lot of fun images

thats something real nuns still do.

Thanks anons. Always makes me smile.

Oh you.
Did not know that.
You're welcome.

Yeah. Some nuns still believe that shit, as for smacking it with a fish, I dunno.

Thankfully, I can just about write with my righthand and everything else that involves righthand (painting, scissors, etc) I can do with my right hand.

This is fun, for me.

Pretty much what I think too, or something equally pointless. Something to do with the proximity of the HQ or Helbrute at least.

Yeah, there is still a lot of religious hang up on the lefthand being "of the devil".

Well now I'm laughing. But why a fish?

a pure scion list is a lot like playing against a hyper-optimized mechanized guard list in 5th ed, but those MSU melta squads are in fast transports with carapace armor, AP3 base, and has scion orders, which are quite good indeed.

the scion is a very capable model, and their list, while barebones, contains nothing that distracts from what they do best - get to somewhere quickly and shit firepower all over the enemy. their formations, while not gamebreaking, also significantly enhance each model's performance, with the ground assault formation being quite good indeed.

they are surprisingly capable on their own, and allies - particularly inquisitorial allies, make their list quite good indeed. Don't let the lack of options fool you, the Scion list is deceivingly adaptable and works quite well on its own or as allies.

Ah okay, disregard my personal attack then.

>Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

>O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.

>You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

>So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

I love history

But why?

Because crazy middle ages religious bs?

What kind of Crusader squads are optimal at this moment in time? Still the 5 lads with heavy/special and the 8/8 land raider hikers?

It's an old Catholic tradition. In fact, the very word "sinster" comes from the latin "Sinistra," which meant "Left."

Thanks for informing me.

>quite good indeed

kek

But solid assessment

Left Hand Corps War.

Back in the fatherland, they beat my Opa whenever he used his left hand to write. They actually made him ambidextrous because they eventually resorted to tying his left arm behind his back during class.

Judas also poured wine into Jesus' cup with his left hand

Hey, there's other important stuff to do here. Like repost images everyone has already seen and could easily find if they weren't too retarded to use google. Or ask questions that even the most cursory attempt at looking at the rules would solve.

they don't smack your hand with a fish, they smack it with a yardstick, a 3 foot long ruler. Shits just straight up abuse.

I do love me some Sanguinius

assuming the rulebook were indexed, had a table of contents or its page numbers were listed.

i typed that twice god damn i'm a fucking dork

but I'm glad you got something out of it

old superstition "might makes right, left makes slight". people say bless you when you sneeze because it was believed your soul would leak out if you didn't get blessed, it was also used to spread religion when the church was starting up.

i suppose there's also how it's harder to be left handed since society is 90% right so forcing kids to be right handed or ambidextrous would be helpful

Dunno. It's from an episode of American Dad, I remember that, but in real life, I believe there was multiple reasons for the forced hand change.

Firstly, suspicion of left handed people, be it cultural or religious, which made nuns change it, either for the child's sake or for their own twisted belief.

Secondly, many teachers (not just nuns) were of the belief that left handedness was a disadvantage in a world of primrarly right handed people, it certainly was the case in the 20's on wards, where pens were ink based and would be smudged by a left handed person, even in the 90's onwards, a hot day as a left handed person would make the quick dry ink smudge as well.

So, for the fish? Probably for amusement or perhaps a personal experience the writers had. But the persecution did happen, but not everywhere.

>All this effort put into guiding people to the right warband/legion
>can't even simulate half of them on the TT

How are you taking 3 HQs?

So i'm building my first army and ill probably be playing a 750 point casual game against at least 1 necron player,1 space marine or CSM player, and possibly one or two other unknown players. That's about all the info i have for what i'm up against and i don't know what type of game we'll be playing but let me know what you think of this list/how to finish it.

>flyrant - TL devourer, lashwhip and bone sword, adrenal glands, regen, wings
>warrior x3 - rending claws, lash and sword x2, devourer, venom cannon, deathspitter, adrenal glands x3,
>gargoyles x30 - stock

That's 625 points and all the models i currently have. What should i invest in to finish this and should i not use as many gargoyles and instead use gaunts/genestealers? I know i need one more unit of troops but i also want some malanthropes/venomthropes, heavy support, and possibly some harpies/crones. Not all in this list obviously, but eventually.

So, what should i invest in/how retarded is this list?

Any and all help/input appreciated.

It's just a list of everything I have.

It's cool user, I never took it as an attack anyway.

Yeah, there is another edit of the picture, less detailed, but neat enough.

As I thought, just a bit of 'humour' American Dad decided to do with it.

> Scions lists are quite adaptable and can shit firepower on everything
I will have you know that scions are complete shit that pay too much for pointless gear. They also suffer quite heavily from being a whole army of MSU deep strikers, and as such are incredibly vulnerable to reserve fuckery.

There used to be a Scions player at my FLGS, up until I stomped him so hard with my marines that he quit. They will always come on the board piecemeal, and struggle to deal with MEQ thanks to the wonders of Strength 3.

Scions are a trap. If you really want deep striking melta-spam, the best and infinitely cheaper option would be to take Inquisition allies with Arvus Lighter transports.

Have you built the warriors already? You're probably spending too many points on them. Pick one job you want them to do, and outfit them to do that.

You'll need some gaunts to get a 2nd troops choice anyway.