Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z Special #1

>You are Son Peppa, the Tuffle-Saiyan hybrid daughter of two of Earth's Champions, Maple and Goku

>"Canon" has taken a radical shift from the series' norm, and you're part of that shift

>Dice mechanics will be used, same as before

>This is a short spinoff thing, but let's still try to have some fun, okay?

youtube.com/watch?v=e2y6JsFF-3Y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=65XmdImfVko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You skip along happily across the grassy field, chasing after Icarus with your brother and cousin. Your aunt and uncle both laugh in the distance as they watch you play. Can't quite hear them, but you're focused on catching that dragon. He's not gonna outrun you this time! You've been practicing!

The dragon sticks close to the ground, carefully staying juuuust out of reach of the three of you. Argh, so close! You and Gohan try to run faster and faster, almost there... Your cousin makes a leap into the air, jumping at Icarus... and missing the dragon, landing in front of him. Still, it surprises Icarus just enough to get him to stop, and you and Gohan tackle at him. You did it!

A little cheer comes from your aunt and uncle as you pat the dragon's head gently, it responding with soft cooing noises. "You got em to stop Izzy!" you state with a cheerful grin.

"Buh I wanna catch em..." she responds with a pout.

"Be nice with your cousins, Izumi." your aunt lectures, walking to you all. "All right kids, that's enough for now. Lunch time!"

>A. FOOD.
>B. Noooo, wanna play more!
>C. Something else?

>A. FOOD.
>C. We'll play with it.

>>A. FOOD.

>We'll play with it.

>A. FOOD.

You start to drool a little at the sound of that word. "FOOD." you shout enthusiastically, your brother shaking his head as he walks to your aunt.

Chi-chi picks you and Izzy up, smiling sweetly. "Remember to eat slowly, Peppa. It's not polite to make a mess."

Your uncle sighs. "Slowly or not I'm still billing my sister for all the food these two eat."

"Acer be nice." she lectures, frowning. "You agreed to it, didn't you?"

"Yeah, yeah..."

For lunch you, your brother, and your cousin have some rice balls with a side of triceratops steak, and while the temptation to try and make a something resembling Icarus' face by smashing rice together, a glare from your aunt causes you to keep the thought away. Instead you just keep stuffing your face like your brother.

By the time you've eaten your fill, you spot a few figures flying towards the castle your aunt and uncle call home. One's a plane, while another seems to be a redheaded woman. Part of you hopes that it's mom, back finally, but it's soon clear that she's too tall to be her. The plane lands with three figures stepping out. You and your brother smile wide as they see who the arrivals are.

You...

>A. Run to your friend Pantea!
>B. Run to Miss Chuu Lee!
>C. Stay put and try to eat juuuuust one more slice of triceratops steak
>D. Something else?

>B. Run to Miss Chuu Lee!

>C. Stay put and try to eat juuuuust one more slice of triceratops steak

>>B. Run to Miss Chuu Lee!
Even Peppa knows how short maple is

>>B. Run to Miss Chuu Lee!

In a surprisingly fluid motion you leap from the table and run to the redheaded woman, making something halfway between a cheer and a scream. "Miss Chuu Lee!"

As you almost tackle the woman, she quickly leans down and catches you. "Hah, hey Peppa. Nice to see you too."

Your aunt is quickly by your side, wiping the bits of rice off your face and hands as Gohan runs towards Pantea. "Peppa, sweetie, not polite to run off with food still on you."

"Sowwy..." you sigh out, lowering your head.

"Heh, well they're energetic as ever." Yamcha comments, his daughter and your brother talking.

"What brings you all here?" Acer asks, finishing his glass of lemonade.

"Mom and dad coming back?" Gohan questions.

The adults look at each other with unsure expressions, Chuu Lee patting you and your brother. "They'll be back before you know it. Actually it's about the Fountain of Youth, Bulma has an idea of sorts with it."

On cue, the purple haired woman goes on to explain some things you don't quite grasp. Something about a fruit and water, and another thing she got from Kami's. What you do get is that Chuu Lee is apparently going to see the Kaiju that are guarding that fountain, to get a cup of water from there. Seems Pantea and her parents are going there as well.

You and your brother look curiously at them, then give each The Look. Can't read minds like your mom, but you and Gohan seem to know what each other are thinking. You wanna go along too.

Chi-chi isn't so sure.

>A. Give her the most adorable, pathetic look you can
>B. Plead in the cutesiest voice you can
>C. Pout and see if she changes her mind
>D. Something else?

>>B. Plead in the cutesiest voice you can

>D. Flirt with Chuu Lee she'll have our back

>G. et the fuck out of here

>A. Give her the most adorable, pathetic look you can
>B. Plead in the cutesiest voice you can

>C. Pout and see if she changes her mind

or

>D. Don leather jacket and sunglasses, picking at our teeth with a fork, giving Chi-chi an "Eeeeeeehhh?"

>>B. Plead in the cutesiest voice you can

>Not a bancho jacket and styling our hair into a pompadour

That works too!

You look at your aunt with the most adorable, sweetest expression you can and, with the cutesiest voice you can manage, plead with her, "Go with her? Pweeeeeeease?"

Chi-chi's lip trembles a bit, forcing her to look at Chuu Lee and silently request help on this one. Her husband comes up with a better solution. "Well, let's all just go with them. Have a little vacation." He tilts his head and winks at you and Gohan, flashing a thumb's up.

"I guess..." she relents. You and Gohan cheer.

Entering into the plane with everyone, you hear the adults converse about some kind of fruit that Chuu Lee apparently won. Your uncle is curious as to why she hasn't eaten it yet, but she tells him she didn't feel like it was "right." You're not sure why, maybe it smelled bad? Like that durian you and Gohan tried to eat one time. She mentions that she tried to give it to Hercule, but he didn't want it, felt like she earned it. So strange they're talking about a fruit like it's so important.

Upon arriving at the place holding the Fountain, an island area with some caves, you walk around on the beach, dragging your tail through the sand to draw something with it, your brother still talking with Pantea. You can smell that you're not the only visitors here, and gleefully smile as you notice Hercule and Videl leave the cave. They talk with the adults for a while, Videl coming over to the rest of the kids with you.

"Hi Peppa! Hi Gohan! Hi Izzy! How are you guys?"

"Gooood!" you all respond in unison. You and Gohan play with the kids, putting your tails together to make a makeshift jump rope for Izzy as Videl and Pantea hold the two of you up.

Soon Chuu Lee says she's heading into the cave, Hercule telling her that Gamera's on duty today, but Godzilla's there as well.

>A. Turtle friend to all children! Go in with Chuu Lee
>B. Stay on the beach and play
>C. Talk with one of the other kids (about?)
>D. Something else?

>>A. Turtle friend to all children! Go in with Chuu Lee

>B. Stay on the beach and play
>Try to hitch a ride on Gamera and surf him

>>A. Turtle friend to all children! Go in with Chuu Lee

When can we sing to power him up fully?

You start matching in along with Chuu Lee, Gohan and Izzy following behind you. Videl bombards her with questions as Pantea laughs and walks with. The other adults stay outside to chat, and after some walking, you spot Gamera exercising, while Godzilla does... a little dance, watching something on the TV in there. You and the rest of the kids giggle at it, the monster turning and grunting in a manner that somehow sounds embarrassed. Gamera just grunts at him dismissively, turning to Chuu Lee.

She takes a fighting stance. "Yeah yeah, I know. Gotta get through you first."

Gamera looks at you all first, and places up one of his claws, asking for her to pause. He quickly heads over and gets a Capsule out, tossing it to the ground and turning it into a neat little bed, letting you and the rest of the kids on it so you can watch better. You all neatly put your shoes in a little cubby Gamera provides by the side of the bed and hop on. With that set up, he bows apologetically and readies himself.

Videl sits down with her eyes glued to the scene as the redheaded woman's aura flares up around her. "I bet it's gonna take her twenty seconds to win!"

"I bet it's gonna be longer than that." Pantea states, hands on her chin as she lays down, legs kicking in the air. "Maaaaaybe thirty."

You sway your tail back and forth as you watch, Gamera putting up a good defense while Chuu Lee moves like the wind around him. He's strong, able to take a solid hit, but Chuu Lee is just too fast for him. The scuffle ends with a powerful kick that sends him crashing into the wall. Gamera bows to her after getting back up, letting out a chuckle of a roar upon seeing you kids cheer for her.

He opens up a pathway for you all, Chuu Lee heading in, Videl following her.

>A. Go down with them, ask Chuu Lee about her training and stuff
>B. Stay with Godzilla and Gamera, maybe nap on the bed a little
>C. Something else?

>>A. Go down with them, ask Chuu Lee about her training and stuff

Gamera is adorable.

>>B. Stay with Godzilla and Gamera, maybe nap on the bed a little

>B. Stay with Godzilla and Gamera, maybe nap on the bed a little

You hop off, get your shoes back on, and march alone behind Videl and Chuu Lee with Gohan and Pantea. Before you get to the doorway, you turn back and smell something strange outside the cave. It's... unnerving. Godzilla and Gamera seem to notice too, as the turtle monster hurries you along with the rest of the kids while the Monster King lets out a defensive grumble.

You shrug it off and catch up, listening to Videl almost dance around Chuu Lee as she talks with her. "I finally did it, I used the Kaio-ken! Wanna see?"

The redheaded woman laughs softly. "Maybe when we're not in a cave, Videl. But nice job, bet Hercule's proud of you."

"Dad said that I could train with you some more if you were okay with it, can I? Please?"

"Sure, sure." she giggles, patting the girl's hair.

"Videl you're silly." Izzy says with a giggle.

"What you been up to, Chuu Lee? Trainin hard?" you question, Gohan still talking with Pantea.

"Gotta be. Your mom's probably gonna be surprised with what she sees when she comes back." she tells you with a confident smirk. "I bet she wants me to try and surpass her and your dad. It'll give them a reason to keep improving themselves."

"I wanna get stronger too!" you state with a wide grin.

"And I know you will, Peppa. You and Gohan will make mom and dad proud some day." When you reach the Fountain, Chuu Lee brings out a Capsule and fills it with some of the water. With the mission accomplished, she heads back up with you all... but there's an odd sense of tension as you reach the doorway. Chuu Lee pushes it open, spotting Godzilla and Gamera both standing defensively still. And... there's that smell again. Chuu Lee picks up on the fact that something's wrong immediately. "...kids, stay close to me."

>A. Do as she asks
>B. Run outside, you're worried about your aunt and uncle
>C. Something else?

>>A. Do as she asks

>C. Did someone poot?

>A. Do as she asks

>A. Do as she asks
We're a good girl

>B. Run outside, you're worried about your aunt and uncle

Supporting.

>A. Do as she asks
>C. Draw our practice Powerpole(we still have that right?)

do it

You tilt your head, sniffing the air. "...did someone pooted?"

Izzy finds that absolutely hysterical while Gohan just rolls his eyes. Chuu Lee tries her hardest not to smile, staying focused on the situation. You move closer to her as she starts to slowly walk outside. You see all the adults... standing still.

youtube.com/watch?v=65XmdImfVko

Izzy runs over to her mom and dad, but stops suddenly. You grip at Chuu Lee's pantlegs as Chi-chi slowly turns her face. Her eyes are... menacing. She raises her hand as if to strike her daughter, Chuu Lee quickly bolting to Izzy's rescue. You feel dread creep down your spine, all the way to the tip of your tail. All the other adults look at your group with hate-filled eyes, sinister smiles appearing on their faces.

Chuu Lee grits her teeth. "We're getting out of here."

"B-but mama! Papa!" Izzy protests.

Gohan doesn't, though. "NIMBUS!" he calls, bringing the could to you all, grabbing you and jumping up on it, Videl and Pantea rising up as well.

With Izumi still in her arms, Chuu Lee lets out a blast of Ki, pushing everyone back but not doing any damage to them. She flies up as Izzy starts to cry in her arms.

"Well, aren't you the perceptive one?" a man's voice asks Chuu Lee in the sky. a purple man with pointed ears and a small dragon on his shoulder. He... smells like the skunk lady.

"What did you do to them, Aza?!" Chuu Lee demands.

"I've done nothing to them. Directly." he answers with a sinister smirk. "But a certain group of Makyans have managed to unleash the Black Water Mist. Curious that none of you are affected." He stares at your brother's hat. "...no matter. You have what I want."

>A. Hit him with your magic stick!
>B. Ask why skunk man is looking at your brother
>C. Ask skunk man to fix them
>D. Something else?

>>A. Hit him with your magic stick!

>"Skunk!"
>A. Hit him with your magic stick!

Ah fuck yeah, tuffle kids quest.

We can still get to the crown before Piccolo goes autistic on Mt. Boom right? I feel like that one little post in the ask was the worst thing Kato has ever written.

user.

Supporting

It's more canon the more you cry.

Are you kidding? That ending was one of the funniest things Kato's ever done.

Rolled 19, 8, 14, 16, 14 = 71 (5d20)

Okay, roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 17.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Roll all ones to kill the kids off

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

I hope my roll doesn't make him play "Kick the baby"

Rolled 4 (1d20)

LIAM IF YOU FUCK ME OVER IM HAVING GOAT SOUP!

Well, could have done worse.

Writing...

You grab the stick your mother got for you and ready yourself to thwack the man. He's planning something bad, and he's looking at your brother while doing it. "Skunk!" you shout, almost catching him off-guard. But he quickly brings up his guard, stopping your strike with his finger.

"How rowdy you are, little Peppa. I'm not sure your mother would approve." he says in a clear lie. A sinister grin creeps across his face. "But this changes little. Hand over the Dragon Ball, please."

Chuu Lee raises an eyebrow, looking to Gohan on the Nimbus, then smirking at Aza. "So that's where its been all this time. Should have figured."

Aza laughs. "But of course. And... you still haven't eaten the fruit, too, have you? You're not significantly stronger than you were in the Tournament." You try again to strike Aza with the stick. "Peppa, please, the grown-ups are trying to have a conversat-"

"PHANTOM SHOTGUN!" Chuu Lee roars, slamming her fist into Aza's gut and letting out a powerful burst of Ki, a gust of wind seemingly added to it, and sending Aza flying. Setting Izzy on the Nimbus with you and Gohan, she sighs, looking around. "He's going to be back soon... and whatever this Black Water Mist is, it's affecting more than just your parents." she comments. She pats Izzy gently and gets you all close together. "...kids, we'll all be okay. I promise. But you all have to do exactly as I say, okay? No trying to hit the bad guys on your own, they're strong and dangerous."

>A. Okay...
>B. But what if you're in trouble?
>C. Something else?

>C. Make the bad-guy clouds blow away to... Tubbyteller land, they never share their pancakes with me.

>C. Something else?
>"Then me and Gohan will hit them together!"

>A. Okay...

>A. Okay...

"But what if you're in trouble?" you question innocently. "Then... me and Gohan hit them together, right?"

Gohan crosses his arms and thinks. "But we might get in trouble..."

You frown. "But we gotta help!"

Chuu Lee sighs out softly. "I... I won't be."

"But what if you are?" you ask again.

"P-Peppa, really, I'll be fine. Promise." she tries to assure you.

"But-"

"Tell you what, if I'm in trouble, I'll ask for your help." she compromises. "But you still have to listen to me. All of you. Okay?"

"Okaaaaay..." you all let out.

The redheaded woman looks around again. "...Pantea, Videl, think you can head to Capsule Corp. together? There's no strong folks over there right now, but keep low just in case and grab the Dragon Radar. Peppa, Gohan, Izumi, we're going back to your Castle. But first... Gohan, I need to see your hat."

Your brother reluctantly hands it over, and Chuu Lee removes the ball from the top. "I promise I'll get you a new one, but right now, we need a distraction." Gohan pouts, but doesn't protest. You try to hand over your hat, but she tells you to keep it. A purple figure starts flying towards you in the distance, less thrilled than before. "Hey Aza, you want the Dragon Ball?" She points up in the sky, towards a daytime crescent moon. "It's all yours! Go get it!"

The figure stops as she throws the ball as hard as she can towards the moon, letting you all escape as he looks on in confusion, trying to chase after it before it leaves the atmosphere. Pantea and Videl break off from you all as you reach the castle. You spot people all over... look up at you angrily. You gulp, but stay still, the redheaded woman jetting down and carefully avoiding them all.

"Peppa, is Icarus gonna be okay?" Izumi asks, noticing that the dragon isn't around.

Gohan nods with reassurance, and you...

>A. Nod as well, of course he is!
>B. Aren't sure...
>C. Call for him to make sure
>D. Something else?

>B. Aren't sure...

>Dragons are real tuff!

Animals are pretty smart about this type of thing. They'll flee at the first sign of trouble.

Can we attempt to sense icarus' ki?

Icarus doesn't wear a key!

Then how does he get into his car?

He can fly, he doesn't need a car! And to get in the house, knocking usually works!

What you should be asking is how he even starts the thing. Ignition!

He doesn't use the car to drive, he uses it to pick up dragon babes.

Duh.

>There's something about you
>It's hard to explain
>There's something about you, you...
>blue dragon thing

So is Icarus a baby dragon?

Does he ever get bigger? I felt like that was never made clear.

He would have. But he kept getting killed

"Dragons are real tuff! And he's smart, Icarus is okay." you tell your cousin with a bright smile, nodding along with your brother. After some time, Chuu Lee returns with... a ball!

She hands it to Gohan with a smile. "There. Told you I'd get you a new one."

Your brother quickly attaches it to his hat, laughing happily. You all take off again, this time heading far away, to your own home. It's so quiet, but... there's a familiar scent there. Chuu Lee knocks, and you're delighted to find Piccolo in your home.

"That was quick. Lucky that none of you got infected, or else I'd have to do all of this by myself." the green man comments, opening the door. Once inside, Piccolo has you and the rest of the kids sit on the couch while he talks with Chuu Lee. "If we're going to pull this off, we need to know where they have the Dragon Balls. Your stunt with the fake one might fool Aza for a moment, but he'll come looking once he figures it out. I can sense the presence of beings on the Lookout, but there are more gathered at a couple other places."

"Yeah, Pantea and Videl should be back with the Radar soon." Chuu Lee responds, arms crossed. "...just what is all this, Piccolo?"

(cont.)

"Makyans. Here with support from Towa. And they're stronger than before, far stronger. The Makyo Star is drawing closer."

The three of you listen intently as they continue, only breaking your focus on them when Videl and Pantea show up. "We got it! The camels hid it in the atrium somehow."

"...for the life of me I still am not sure how they do most of the things they do." Piccolo adds, shaking his head as he takes the radar. He looks it over and seems to hatch a proper plan. "Let's see... you're the stronger of us, Chuu Lee. You should be our frontal assault. I'll come up with a way to free Kami and Sanzo."

She nods in agreement, but from the look on her face it's clear to you she's not sure if it's the best course of action. "They'll notice me no matter what if I go for the Dragon Balls, and unless I have some backup actually getting them all will be hard to do, even as strong as I am."

Piccolo looks over all of you kids. "...and then there's the matter of them. It'll be dangerous to leave them alone. Hrmn. Perhaps they can help after all..."

The redheaded woman wants to protest, but can't really justify saying no. "Agh... then, let's let them decide. Kids, do you want to stick with me, help Piccolo, or try to stay safe with... um... Eighter, or something?"

>A. Stick with you!
>B. Piccolo!
>C. I wanna visit uncle Eighter
>D. Something else?

>B. Piccolo-san!

>B. Piccolo!

>B. Piccolo!
>But let's play with eighter after!

>B. Piccolo

>C. I heard some weird sounds coming from Suno's room the last time we visited her place. Does she have a beehive in her room?

>A star? Like the sun? Wouldn't that be bad if it got close to us?

The name is rather misleading. Also if we know if has people on it and it's own Kami I think people would be a bit hesitant to blow it all up.

Unless its okay to genocide a mostly all evil race?

Pfft doooon't

Well if it's us or them... you can't really blame anything but there own folly.

*their
Dammit all

I don't want to get into an argument for one big moral quandary. If we blow it up, it happens but...I dunno. Some good Makyans to hang out with would be neat. They would be the bad guys on an evil world right?

Well besides Emperor Pilaf (Oh god, guys Pialf is getting a power boost, we should go check that shit out!)

>Why won't she share any of her honey with us?

If they were that at odds with the evil ones there's a fair chance they would have left already. AnywaysAnyways, this is a recap and blowing it up already is a thing if I remember correctly.

Reminds me of that one human woman in Oscar's trashland from Sesame Street (the dimension connected to his trash can)

Dear god I'm having violent flash backs to that movie.

>AnywaysAnyways
Damn you phone I swear