Warhammer 40k General

Quick Day For 40k Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/RapierQuadMortar40k.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the Dead!

Second for fuck you faq

Fourth for WTT: Necron Decurion for SM Battle Company

So what sets are coming out later this year? I know it's more starter packs and some simplified sets but what exactly are they?

twenty-eighth for sisters or something idk

>Fourth
W R O N G
R
O
N
G

How would you fix Assault?

First for sensible Foot Tau and not being a dick.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, i'm very new, but can i run two separate broods of 1 for venom/zoanthropes so they can move independantly of each other?

I want to run 2 units of 10 -20 gaunts each with a venom and zoan to accompany them. Is this possible?

>an i run two separate broods of 1 for venom/zoanthropes so they can move independantly of each other?
Yes

>Is this possible?
They cannot join the unit but can stand close to each other to share the buffs

doing escalation campaign for imperial guards, and got to ask.
How good are hellhounds?

>GW releases the fellblade ultimus pattern with twinlinked heavy grav cannon and grav amp sponsons, grav cannon and grav amp instead of heavy bolter, twinlinked heavy grav cannon and grav amp instead of demolisher cannon and the new singularity grav cannon with S:D large blast vortex or heavy 8 ap2 graviton shots.

They'll take up more slots if you're using a non-unbound army list, but you can do it

Yes, assuming the minimum brood size is 1.

>can i run two separate broods of 1 for venom/zoanthropes so they can move independantly of each other?

Sure, as long as you have slots for the broods. I think the minimal size is one.

Not sure how they would with other critters.

> Twin-linked Heavy Grav Cannon and Grav-Amp sponsons
> Not Quad-Linked Grav-Cannons and Grav Amp Sponsons for salvo 6/10
Shit nigger, do you even forgeworld weapons?

welp I got rekt today by a nurgle daemon list, I've never had so many shit dice rolls as I saw today, two out of three psykers even died to perils

>Play orks
>Fuck your grav

>Fighting orks as SM
>He's laughing because my grav doesn't hurt him
>I have bolters too
>crying grots dot remembrancersketch

Why are some ebay sellers so retarded

Bought this remora drone, the seller decided that, in the interest of safely packaging the drone to stop damage, he would snap off the wings, guns and engines and wrap them in tissue

pic related, it was easily fixed with super glue as the snaps are clean but come on

Lad, care to take some measurements for me or a pic compared to a Recon Drone by any chance please? If you're the same dude I spoke to some days ago, I'd love the gesture and it'd make my job easier.

oh hey man, yeah its the same guy ill go find a measuring tape after im done eating dinner

It's funny because the SM player can just run over all your units with extreme prejudice and receive no damage from them, only manz have a chance and they would just die to grav.

idk, prank maybe?

Thanks a lot and enjoy! I mostly just want to know the width of the Disc, the length/width of the wings and the length of the burst cannon. I want to make this as accurate as possible.

What is the best faction for a really beginner? Should I choose just whatever looks good for me or are there armies especially easy to run for newfags?
I want to play budget HoR Kill team but I'm not sure which side should I pick. Tau seems to be my favourite for now if we talk about lore etc but Orks and Space Wolves are two times cheaper the cheapest way I have found for Tau is Fire Warriors pack for 110 bananas and Space Wolves pack for 60 bananas (10 minis)
The main problem is I don't know how many figures and which one I need to play

>ywn be a ghostly bathrobe with 4 arms

Choose whichever faction speaks to you the most. Really, that's it.

Are breachers totally useless now that they have to fire snap shots after getting out of a devilfish?

>30k quad-mortar becomes 40k thunderfire cannon
>30k grav-rapier becomes...

> Artist drawing tau with Prograde legs
> Totally fucking missing that tau have digitigrade legs like goats do.
Fucking get it right.

NERD

-You can assault out of reserves/deepstrike/infiltrations/scout moves etc, but you have a disorganized charge.
-If you fail your charge roll, you still move the larger number of the two dice you rolled, applying all modifiers (difficult terrain, etc).
-If you completely wipe a unit in close combat, not make them run, you may consolidate into another unit, they can overwatch you like a normal charge, but if you make it into base combat, your units count as being in close combat for the next turn, and you count as charging on the next turn's combat phase.

Besides that, maybe overhaul the WS system into something like this?

Battlewagons
Green tide
Mek guns
Tankbustas

>ribbed for her pleasure

Technically they're unguligrade since they have hooves.

Wings are 2" long, 1.1" wide at base, 0.7" ish at tip
Guns are 2.25" long, 0.3" ish wide
Disk is 1.5" diameter
top engines are 1" long starting at the disk, the underside engine sticks out 0.5" at the back

will post another image in a second

where exactly did you find this bit of info?

Charge is 6"+d6"
jump units get 12"+d6" assault range
Overwatch is one shot for rapid fire weapons, half shots for assault weapons (rounded down) regular number of shots for heavy weapons, and salvo weapons

>that feel when you need 5 more years to pilot a riptide

i love it, time to put the boots to those ws3 chumps

>heavy weapons are easier to bring around to overwatch than assault weapons
what?
I was with you for a bit, but there you just lost me.

>that feel when you're race is short lived and only live 20 years

I was going by ammo count. You've presumably fired your weapons so you're low on ammo or your reloading while a bunch of guys run screaming at you. Heavy weapons have a lot of ammo so there's no need.
Or something. It just means that static heavy weapons squads can defend themselves a bit easier

underside shot

I thought it was 40 years.

I'm pretty new to 40k and wanted to start a Nurgle hybrid army with the daemons and the chaos marines, and if the CSM codex was updated from the 6th edition. If they weren't, are they still able to be played? Google didn't help me at all for either question and I'm at a loss.

Hey, spoiler that shit. You can't just post a model's underside like that.

Slut drones

>Battlewagons
Dies to grav
>Green tide
Two words thunderfire cannons
>Mek guns
Dies to grav
>Tankbustas
Might die to the volume of gravor the LoSblocking drop pods and the marines disembarking from it or once again thunderfire cannons

absolutely filthy m8

I love remora drones

The codex says anything above 40 is very old. Which is why Vampire Space Pope and I Don't Know What Chaos Really Is Sight don't die.

Most of them won't live long enough.

got 2 more coming from forgeworld, as im t'au spet colour scheme im not sure if i should repaint this one, or leave it as the queen drone who gets fighter ace (even though fighter ace is utter shit for remoras, 3-6 give you shit you already have)

Yeah, CSM codex is usable.

Wait. Let me back up.

CSM codex is legal to use in games. That's better.

>>mfw I can give my fists captain the primarchs Wrath and use Bolter drill.

Chainsword, Bolt pistol, and Bolter badass normal captain is gooooo

40 seems to be a good innings for humans too desu

Lad, these are fantastic and you're extra fantastic! Thanks a million, I've written everything down.

Sides sacrificed for the Greater Good

>> MFW this sets a precedent for Raptors giving Primarch's Wrath Rending.
Kek, even more upgrades. It still makes me chuckle to this day that everyone I ever meet insists on making the weird as shit interpretation of Lias Issodon's gun that he gets 4 shots with special ammo+rending, instead of only 1 shot.

>LoSblocking drop pods
How long before SM players begin converting their drop pods to resemble old forgeworld style?

tell me if you need any other measurements or back/front pictures

Those things looked so fucking dopey

> Mek guns dying to grav
Nigger, what the fuck are you on about? Mek Gunz have 5 crew members that have no armour save at all. You literally cannot wound them, because you need to roll a - on your d6. And since they have toughness 7 from the gun, they can just laugh at your bolters by sitting in cover.

Alright awesome, thank you man

Then I use the vortex profile enjoy your D.

You gave me precise measurements for pretty much every part, though might as well just ask how thick is the actual drone body by any chance? And when you say 0.7" and 1.1" you mean out of ten or the 8ths of the inch? So 1.1" would be 1 1/8ths Inch?

So I will stay with Tau nad SW. So now I need to find what stuff is obligatory for me and buy strictly these things

When and how does one use thunderfire cannons?

CSM is mid-tier user. You should check evidence on GT results.

Why not buy the Start Collecting box?

>When
When you field them
>How
Shoot enemy units

eighths of an inch

roughly 6/8" from the bottom to the top of the disk, 7/8" from the bottom to the top of the engines at the back

Against blobs. You will mulch T3, so Guard and Gaunts.

forgot image

Probably a waste of a Vortex.

welp, i took a guess at phone rotation and i lost

>not going full epic style
Who needs terrain when you can have globes?

Don't use thunderfire cannons, use these.
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/RapierQuadMortar40k.pdf

Centurion.

Also, 40k has both quad mortars and thunderfire cannons.

Oh you.

Use Quad Mortars instead. The meta has shifted away from TFC obliterating soft hordes and armies have moved to more elite armies with harder statlines. We don't see Conscripts, IG allies, and Scouts anymore, it's all Decurion Necrons, Jetbikes, Bikes, Tacticals hidden in Rhinos, etc. You need Quad Mortar's increased strength.

If your enemy still fields a decent amount of fleshy units, just put the TFC in your backfield in a ruin, use the techmarine to walk around smacking buildings to improve them, and lob the appropriate shell at anything soft in range.

>You literally cannot wound them, because you need to roll a - on your d6.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the grav weapon rules.

Sorcerer, Be'lakor, a handful of Cultists, and a superheavy + Daemon Allies managed to scrape the rare occasional win.

CSM is still bottom of the barrel but most people aren't aware that a skilled enough player with one highly specific build can still win. It's because 99% of you faggots don't take Cultists and Sorcerers anyway. Of course your shitty cult marine build and vanilla CSM are going to lose.

>those pods
Emperor, what were they thinking?

Since Grots have a 6+ save, they can be wounded by Grav.

It's just harder than it would be for things like Terminators.

Also, I believe the Gun itself has a 3+ save, but that hardly matters as you can just take the shots on the Grots or any characters in the Gun Crew.

Great to know, thank you so much mate. I have everything I need. I can't wait to get started, but first I need to file off all the fucking mould lines!

>Playing against WAACfags
Then I'd play daemons and deepstrike you and suddenly youre dead

Don't post about armies you don't play.

So I'm new, and building an Eldar army. Got about 500pts so far, was wondering what to buy next. I don't have much anti-tank, so maybe a Fire Prism? I mean yeah, I could put lances on the Vypers, but it's a lot of points on something that explodes if someone farts loudly. Wraithguard seem too slow to be practical, ditto Fire Dragons if I need something dead turn 1/2 at latest. Here's what I have so far:

Aesahaettr, Farseer

6 Scorps

5 Dire Avengers

10 Guardians with plat

3 Vypers

Is anti tank a priority, or do I need more chaff? Meta so far is 2 'Nid players, a Dark Angels guy and a Templars guy (1 Nid player is a QT). Do I have enough models on the field to soak up dmg? Not fussed about WAACing, it's a friendly group and I'm playing for fluff.

technically it's already got a 40k-scale sculpt

unfortunately no closed version

I'm not sure - SC box seems to be too big for my needs. I don't want to run huge army, just want to give this game a try in budget way so in the worst-case scenario I will end with few neat minis on my shelf.
Anons in other thread recommended this kill team thing for me and I really don't want to buy anything that is not necessary for playing it. If SC is what I need to run this format - sure, I will consider it and probably buy it but If it's not must-have then I have to look for something different

Oh me! I'm enjoying this new meme. It's only a problem when people take it seriously.

It's a joke desu.

Who is the best CSM HQ?

be'lakor

Does that go for ?

Because Grav specifically states it always wounds on a 6+

>Potato pick is first image I could find of Grav.

Be'lakor due to LOLVISBILITY. He also has some mega neat special rules if I remember correctly PLUS his model is sexy as fuck. It once won the best sculpt award in like 2008 or some shit.

>Then I'd play daemons and deepstrike you and suddenly youre dead
Then I deploy my warlord with only d and stomp your guys, gg no re.

Probably something along the lines of "shit we really like the idea of drop pods from rogue trooper but we can't straight up rip off their design as well, can we? Let's try and make something unique!", and then they did, and then they went back and took the design off rogue trooper as well.

>watching Oblivion
>Cruise's gun is literally Tau Pulse Rifle.