/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Smug edition.

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

barabababa.deviantart.com/art/6-1000-573770076
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nero is great. I will love her like a waifu.

Mox is best waifu; anyone saying otherwise is lying.

Mox, I can't say no to the fluffy tail.

TIME FOR ROBUTS
POST ROBUTS AND ROBUT ACCESSORIES

Technically this cyoa is finished, but I was going to add a little lore and fluff to some parts later. Right now I just want your thoughts on the powers.

It's still shit.

Sadly, there aren't nearly enough smugdere girls put into CYOAs. Or, if there are, I'm bad at saving/searching for them.

Anyway, Mox is god-tier.

GAS THE WIZARDS MAGIC WAR NOW

Okay. Sorry about that. Care to explain why it is shit?

>Mox
Some pretty big pluses, though maybe a bit much for some people.
"Mature and motherly" seems a little at odds with "loves to play pranks and is a heavy sleeper," though it's not like it's not impossible.
Physical description besides the picture.
Kink tier: yes

>Nero
Pretty good pluses.
No personality. At least she's interested in who you are.
Kink tier: niche

>Chalice
Situation is more up in the air, depends on the person.
Some personality.
Kink tier: adorable

>Persis
Eehh?
>pure
>pure
>pure
Kink tier: ZZzzzz

Mox is the most fleshed out, Nero feels like a good idea that fell a little flat, Chalice is a bit better, Penis, Queen of the Orcs is a cardboard cutout.

I'm starting to think Beri isn't actually a slimegirl, but an advanced AI created solely for the purpose of pumping out high quality CYOAs for random people on the internet.

Lust/Patience is G.O.A.T

He's just being an ass, ignore him.

Stop sucking dick in public, it's fucking embarrassing.

Don't be silly. Robots can't into art. They need souls for that.

>implying some robots don't have souls

Why would a robot need a soul?

Why not both? nanomachine slimegirl.

Left a reply for you in other thread.

>That CYOA author he's praising isn't me!

>high quality

Persis a cute.

Can someone post Traveler?

People like you are the reason I never namefag, yes. I wish I could be anonymous everywhere.

Now kill yourself.

Updated build a bit.

>Lunestier

>Arcane Magic x3
>Summoning Magic x3
>Tactics x3
>Magic Refinement

>Valerie Bluewood
>Allyce Westhold
>Crale Edwards
>Tennie Northbreed
>Suzette Highking

>The Great Hunt (every year)
>Security
>Bodyguard

I was a orphan adopted by Lunestier groundskeeper. A teacher saw that I have strong innate magical skills. So I got accepted in the prestigious magical school.

Hopefully with my summoning magic and tactics I can basically become a general of my own magic army and I can use arcane magic to protect myself and support my army. After graduation my friends and I can go on quests to find treasures and lost knowledge and help protect peasants and kingdoms. After I become stronger, I can take over a old castle as base and start small Queendom of magical creatures summoned from the different planes. Then become a famous mercenary company and have my magic army help settle conflicts in exchange for extravagant gifts and titles.

Eventually have more titles than all those pompous spoiled students at school who wouldn't except me because I'm "poor" and "low class".

What's the interaction between Ki Magic and Blood Magic?

Why would humans need one?

There is no direct interaction between ki and any type of magic however they can be used in tandem.

One of my favorite builds desu

Sally is great. I will love her like a waifu.

Sure, but I don't have the link to the image version, and I'm sure as hell not gonna post that myself.

Because it's your ticket.

Can magical golems and people that have gone full machine use magic?

I'll remember that next time when i need to travel by train.

I don't suppose you still remember/have saved the sources used for pictures?

I'm specifically wondering where you got the picture you used for Sorte, I really liked the artstyle in that pic but google image search reveals nothing.

>One of my favorite builds

Thanks Boxy! Glad you like it! It's a fun cyoa.

Was late to the party so a build.
Power of the Body, Storms, Health, and Paths. Stone and Demon.

The possibilities are endless, for modifying both yourself and others. Achieve actual immortality, get rid of or alter that which you find unpleasant, change to keep things fresh, and mold the world to your will. When you master the body the mastery over the mind will soon follow. Evolve beyond what nature entailed. It's a do it all button that requires thought and experimentation, but there's plenty of time. Never succumb to any ailment, or harm while channeling the power of nature and determining the best course of action for any action...which will help with the biological experiments.

name one of his recent cyoas that haven't been.

Magic is linked to the ability to process mana (which requires either a soul or mana base) and the ability to chant. These can be achieved in golems and metal men by something that's a kin to programming sub routines or "chants" into them.

I do actually but I'm on mobile right now give me like 10min and I'll get it for you

Do patron deities do anything or are they just vague inspirations?

I just threw a cropped version of that into google and got this. barabababa.deviantart.com/art/6-1000-573770076

Vague interpretations atm because I was too lazy to make a pantheon (though I'm like 92% sure I will later after a do the billion other things I said I would)

Found it artist name is baraba baba

St. Flares
Martial CombatX2
Ranged Combat
First Aid
Physical Training
Maneuvers
Survival
Monster HuntingX3

Valerie Bluewood
Eloise Avery
Sorte
Kaerulaus
Kit

The Great Hunt
Fund Raising
Research Proposal
Blind Date

I rolled a 1 and a 3 for Bind Date, so I guess that gives me Mecherath

The basic idea is to make my friends a team of monster hunting badasses.
Myself, Kae, and Valerie would be the frontliners, with Sorte providing ranged backup, Kit providing magic backup and Eloise there to keep us all from dying afterwards.

I imagine the research proposal would be supporting some brilliant idea of Eloise's. Probably we will have to protect her from her obsessive former playmate

The blind date would ideally be a chance to network Mecherath seems very well connected, so I'd do my best to befriend her. Ideally she'd help us set up monster hunting jobs after graduation.

God help us with the fundraiser though, I have no good ideas for that.

>Odesium

> Summoning x 3
> Mage Armor x 3
> Enchancement x 3
> Tactics x 1

>Bathsheba
>Znanje
>Jiel
>Nashwa
>??????

>Research Proposal x 5
>Battle Royal x 1
>Bodyguard x 1

Through Science and Magic combined, I shall craft mage armor for my summoned creatures to inhabit creating

MECHA SUMMONS.

Unless Box Wine tells me otherwise.

Here's my Gundam pilot build

>Odesium

>Mage Armor 2
Giant Robots are the tits. But I'm also building an ironman-like suit.
>Arcane Magic 2
Has pretty good synergy with Mage Armor and let's me shoot lasers among other things.
>Ki Attunement 2
Can't call myself a mecha pilot without hot-blood. Plus more lasers and helps against the feedback.
>Martial Combat 1
Gotta be able to wield my robot's fuck-huge sword.
>Tactics 1
>Enhancement 2
Gotta protect myself from all that feedback. Even moreso cause I'll be inside the mech.

>Tarkun Ironstout
Nearly indestructible mech sounds good to me. Her combat experience is also invaluable
>Jiel
Transportation for me, my friends and my giant robot. Seems wasteful to fly around in it all the time.
>Chandara
She promises adventure
>Liene
>Luvyna

>Battle Royal x2
>The Great Hunt x3
>Research Proposal

I mean this is the exact reason I left shit vague so you could come up with this kinda cool shit

You two should team up

box
boxbox
it's probably thusday somewhere
update when?

>it's probably thusday somewhere
But it's wedesday here senpai

Greed/Patience all the way. I figure Greed can get you most of the other powers given enough time, just makes sense.

>That feel when Box Wine likes your build

Airship that turns into giant mecha-summon is a go then. Smug Lunestiers not allowed. Non smug is cool though

It's Thursday for a large part of the world now.

Why do fags like Lunestiers?

>Name: Alex Sharpe
Born a mere peasant, Alex showed a remarkable magical talent along with a ruthlessness and drive for success which drew him to Lunestier. The scars of growing up poor run deep and continue to stick with Alex through his schooling.

>School: Lunestier
The student body here is sometimes atrocious, but no one can argue with the school itself. For up and coming mages and diplomats, there is no superior choice. The idea of a place so removed from the daily struggles of poverty such as Lunestier is mind blowing to Alex. Having seen the classism and air of superiority surrounding most students, Alex takes care to keep knowledge of his origins under wraps away from the school harpies.

>Classes:
Arcane Magic (3) Can never go wrong with the classics. This is the field which made Alex fall in love with magic.
Elemental Magic (5) with specialization in fire and water/ice magic. This will be the back up magic, used only when Arcane isn't enough to get the job done.
Diplomacy (7) Words are powerful, best to keep them in your arsenal.
Magic Refinement (9) Running out of mana during a battle is humiliating, as well as dangerous.
Dueling (10) Even a mage needs to know how to handle themselves in a physical confrontation.

In combat Alex uses his magic mix to keep his opponents guessing. He greatly prefers one on one confrontations, because it's much easier to keep track of a single foe. Outside of fighting Alex tries to use his words as his best weapon, ending fights before they have a chance to begin.

>Companions:
Mecherath. Having information and connections on your side is invaluable for keeping ahead of the Lunestier sharks. Making friends with the school informant is going to be a great boon.
Bathsheba. The tank of the group, brings resilience and strength. Also creates a long term ally by helping to protect her from the AI nerds.

cont.

thanks guys

Chandara. Every party needs a good rogue, and Chandara fits the bill perfectly. Aside from that Alex thinks she is cute.
Farhat. Without a good support, even the strongest of teams will crumble. Besides, its always a good thing to have friends with friends.
Yung Tashi. A good swordsman who also keeps tabs on school gambling, very useful.

>Events:
>Year 1: Party Planner, Fund Raising
This will be a year for Alex to establish an understanding of the various schools through Party Planner, along with building some capital reserves with Fund Raising. This money will support Alex and his adventures in the coming years.

>Year 2: Research Proposal (Condensed Crystallized Arcane bombs)
Portable magic grenades, usable by anyone and everyone. Who doesn't want to see crystal fragmentation grenades? Or the equivalent of a magical flashbang?

>Year 3: The Great Hunt, Bodyguard
Building connections is half the reason people go to Lunestier. Developing a relationship with Cynthia Highking could create a very valuable ally later on. The Great Hunt is an opportunity not just to enjoy some good old fashioned adventuring but also to test the skills and relationships Alex has been developing for the past few years.

>Year 4: Party Planner, Battle Royal (4v4)
Building relationships along with some good old fashioned team fighting.

>Year 5: Battle Royal (1v1),
The final hurrah. Alex doesn't expect to win (though that would be fantastic). This event is entirely about personal satisfaction.

Alex has sought only one thing in his life: escape. Growing up poor has imbued him with a inferiority complex, one which Lunestier only worsens. But throughout it all, he is determined to rise above his origins and make something of himself. He hopes that Lunestier can be the launching pad for a successful future. But distinguishing himself for the elite of society is no easy task, and Alex still has a long way to go before his aspirations can be realized.

Hey Box, nondivine healanon here, still really curious and confused about how the ki/arcane/blood works and which is doing what.
I want to know if I can sacrifice the arcane out of the three for other things and still come out a better healer than a divine, but because I don't actually know what arcane does to boost healing, or why all three of them combined as so astronomically better than divine, I don't want to risk it. Could you give insight?
I apologize for the pestering.

Not for the cool parts though

Wait, where do I start on the line?

Will people on Earth know how to use dragon's blood? Can the quartz crystal be broken and blow up? Are the trapped spirits in the magical items unhappy about it?

Greed + Kindness

I can heal people in exchange for cash, as well as ask for something like a single day of people's lifespan to facilitate trades. Let women trade breast size. Buy some libido and penis size off a Catholic priest. Let trans people swap sex. I can grab myself some IQ, happiness, charisma, and so much more. People will be more than willing to trade with me since I have things that can't be bought anywhere else.

1d4chan.org/wiki/conduit
Educate thineself.

So much to choose from. Here's what I went with.

Odesium

Martial Combat
Ranged Combat
Physical Training
Maneuvers
Stealth 3
Explosives 3

Duxix
Farhat
Crale Edwards
Tash
Liene

Ideally sneaking into places and blowing them up with a well rounded background to fall back on. Duxix is a pal and a good tactician, Farhat because support is a force multiplier and music's fun, Edwards for DEUS VULT, Tash because I'd need to bond with someone over a love of explosives, and Liene because spellblades are neat. Maybe a bit combat heavy?

Battle Royal every year, spam explosives til victory is achieved. Maybe Duxix would have a better plan.

Fund Raising because bombs are expensive. Host historical reenactments using explosives instead of actors. Think of the untapped market!

Research Proposal because you can always build a better bomb.

Party Planner because explosive fireworks are always a hit. Will there be a repeat performance?

It should work out unless demons are bombproof. Pic related.

can you make friends with students that are from a different school than you?

Ej Har

Maneuvers x3
Stealth x3
Assassin x2
Physical Training x1
Bardic Arts (Dancing) x1

Malyvin
Farhat
Hana
Evergreen
Nashwa

Sports x3
Battle of the Arts x2
Fund Raising x3

Maya is a warm, bubbly, and frequently tomboyish girl with a habit of adopting baby animals and sneaking out of her dorm at night to dance with the local gypsies. Naturally, at Ej Har, she's not popular with her classmates or her teachers. Chided by peers and mentors alike that she's "Missing the point of the Institute" because of her selfless behavior and cheery personality, she never the less takes all her lessens to heart. A practiced thief and assassin, Maya could slip into any vault or palace unnoticed. Very rarely though would the spoils of such an escaped got to herself though, as she prefers to give what little spending money she steals to charity.

So arcane is just kinda a replacement for non blood magic users. And it's better because game design logic. Since you have to invest in 2-3 classes instead of one it just kinda makes sense. However this is kinda based off an honor system between the cyoa and the player that assumes you go slightly less combat foucesed in your blood magic pursuits.

I hope this help I'm sorry if I've been less then helpful or overall present real life has been kinda bleh these last few days and this ain't a blog so I won't bore you with the details of my life.

Anyways I'll try to be more present and helpful and yeah and stuff

Could someone max out Ki and Blood Magic, and just end up with a close to infinite amount of replenishing blood to cast spells with?

Hey Box WIne quick question in the grand tournament. Would there be any penalties if you killed another student while you were fighting? Like let's say an Uzuza or st flares student killed a bitchy lunester student. Would they get arrested or expelled? Or would it be seen as ok because they were in a fight?

In the next update you will be able to

Even though there already is one, if I made a RWBY CYOA would anyone care?

If it was better than the other one, good job.

If it was worse, you shouldn't have bothered.

It's your time, make what you will of it.

Yes, especially if you create some companions.

Kinda it's not completely unlimited because I'm a very strong believer of player vulnerability but I'm an equally strong believer of reflecting player effort against the world. In others words the more you put it the more you get out of it.

It's really hard to balence the two so I hope this answer suffices because game design principles are hard to describe and I've also started drinking

Sorry for contributing to the bleh, best-Box. You've been doing a real good job at providing feedback, which is more than I can say for many, so good on you. isn't me btw, but I think we've attracted some interest with this conversation.

Here's what I'm intending so you know what I'm looking for.
The planned build I have going so far is guaranteed to have Ki Attunement 3 and Physical Training 3, and I would like to know what combination of Arcane and Blood Magic with this setup still yields a greater healing output than divine. I'm all about brute regenerators, combat oriented or not, but hate having to go through the whole holy servitude thing for heal power. Is it possible to equal or outpace Divine Arts in healing potential with Ki Attunement 3, and then 3-4 points in some specific combination Blood and Arcane? Or will I have to sacrifice some points Physical Training to do so?

>Choosing anything but Ej Har
Seriously it's almost like you want a bunch of moral fags telling you how to live your wizard escape fantasy

Requesting be the waifu cyoas

Hey Box Wine sorry, and I'm sorry if you already answered this question I don't want to bug you, but could you answer my question. If a student gets killed in the Grand Tournament how big of a deal would it be? Like would the rest of the tournament get cancelled, would they proceed with it anyway. If it was an accident would the student be punished. If the two students in the ring were going to try and kill each other would the match be stopped? Like is it considered more like a duel where people can die, or more of a friendly competition where you aren't suppose to go all out?

For summoning magic is it like a stand or are you actually calling on a sentient other wordly being to fight with you?

St Flares is still my favorite school.

Adventure, HOOOOOOO

some stands are sentient and independant, which is a terrible thing to comprehend, considering the stand is just supposed to be a physical representation of your spirit.

Looks like pretty heroic monster hunting build, all swords and bows and no magic. Smart to include some first aid and survival in their to.

Stealthy bomber?! Probably good for assassinations and for blowing holes in forts and things. You guys could probably make bunch of money as mercenaries.

Nice! Friendly dancer with a Robin Hood streak who graduates form the dark arts school is unique and awesome. Would you only assassinate bad guys?

So is that the case here? Like is it based on mental fortitude and the stronger your will the less sentience your stand has?

You're summoning beings from other planes of reality.

Some sentient stands are amazing though, so I don't mind.

mission fucking accomplished

oh fuck I dunno
art and flavor seem to suggest calling upon outside help rather than creating it from yourself, if that means anything.

hell naw, that shit is terrifying

So if they're technically their own beings can they resist me? Do I have to keep up friendly relations and make sure not to piss them off so they continue to fight with me?

>mission fucking accomplished
What have you done?

Out of curiosity, what combination of classes would let me do something like using telekinesis on my weapons? Pic related.

Have you tried reading the summoning magic description, I can't help but feel it should answer your questions.

It's a reference to one of the sentient stands.

Fuck me I forgot the pic. Here it is.

It explicitly states that the power of the summon depends on the trust between it and you, so it must have some intelligence. You have to form a contract, so I don't see why it couldn't tell you to bugger off if you don't treat it well. Even if you can keep forcing it to fight for you, it won't be as effective if you were friends with it.

There would definitely be an investigation but it's understandable that accidents can happen.

There's only ever been 4 deaths in the history of the event 1 happened during the great hunt the another due to an allergic reaction

So the difference between divine arts and magic blood key (or mbk) method of healing lies in a few key points.

1. Mbk has a higher overall healing potential in a pure numbers sense. This is due to the pure utility of blood magic combined with the regen of ki. Arcane magic can work as an energy source to jumpstart the healing process in others to a staggering in unreal rate, however this is one of the the top 5 hardest things to do with arcane magic and was first accomplished only 30 years ago so it's very hard to find a competent teacher

2. Mbk is much more of a hard science then divine arts is. You need to have an understanding of how the body actually works to a certain degree to make this work at its peak capacity. This is not an issue for divine.

3. Divine arts is the only way to perform true resurrection (as opposed to necromancy or something of the like) on someone, this technique is very difficult though.

So it depends heavily on the circumstances surrounding the incident. While student death will always be a big deal it's an expected risk. Matches will be stopped if things are deemed to dangerous and yet again depending on the circumstances a remake may take place.

Stand is a jojo thing right? I've never seen the series so I can't really comment on the similarities between the two. Many summons do have sentience and make their own decisions in a fight but the terms of their contract is absolute

Adventuring with your waifu is priceless.

>I have things that can't be bought anywhere else.
While this is a good build, there was one element I wanted to put in with the rest of the lore that might slightly weaken it. But now I am not so sure. Did you want to hear it?

Are there submissive spirits that fall in love with me when if I'm strict and order them around. And can my spirit waifu work 24/7 to keep me from harm like how Star Platinum would catch bullets without being ordered?

I would assassinate your snatch with my dick.

I really need an answer to this one

I want to make an experimental build I thought of but I'm tired and want to go to bed. Will you be in the threads tomorrow to tell me if my build would actually be a able to work?