Bad cards played in Modern Thread, go!

Bad cards played in Modern Thread, go!

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-eldrazi-blink/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kills guys, draws cards, wins game when youre ahead as control. bad?
kills everything and is basically only countered by boros charm and manlands. I'm only sad to have this card if my opponent has no creatures. bad?

Nahiri's +2 is a neg 1, the -2 is good but Gideon Jura does the same thing plus much more, and the -8 is hard to pull off and not worth it. Verdict is too color intensive, Wrath of God is better in every way.

Every one other than Lightning Bolt, Goblin Guide, Lili of the Veil, Snapcaster Mage, Griselbrand, Emrakul and fetchlands.

Goyf isn't good? Thanks for telling me, I was about to go trade for a playset!

It's actually very underwhelming compared to other Modern-legal cards that see play in Legacy.
Yes, it's the most powerful green 2-drop ever, but BUG decks win off Deathrite Shaman/TNN way more often than out of Goyf, Knight of the Reliquary/Batterskull Germ token win more in Maverick and Abzan variants, and RUG Delver is the worst Delver nowadays.

Goyf's price tag survives on fame rather than performance, he's MTG Tony Romo, an extremely expensive "staple" in a deck that doesn't win.

Tarmo is the single most efficient beater in the game. It's price is so high only because every deck that plays green is instantly better with it (except a few outliers like legacy elves and RGtron). It demands an answer almost immediately, which is why you don't really see goyfs stick around for long

You mean True-Name Nemesis?
Yes, he's the best beater in the game.

Goyf gets beaten by Reassembling Skeleton, Rogue Faery tokens and Monk tokens in midrange matches or is too slow to beat the aggro/combo deck at the other side of the table.
It ironically only shines when facing other Goyf decks.

In Modern he is wortht he price because Zoo is a contender and Jund really is the best midrange deck. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him get knocked down a tier if a token-making engine less dangerous than Bitterblossom shows up someday.
In the end he really doesn't do anything on his own.

Jund does win. It's just that Dark Confidant is the real star of Modern Jund, not Goyf.

I was just shitposting in response to OP's shitpost, he obviously got meme'd on by Jeskai control deck at FNM

Better=/=efficient. A two mana 3/4 is more efficient then any 3 mana beater. And this is a modern thread so if you want to talk legacy, I'll see you in that thread (where TNN is one of the best creatures in the format and goyf is a wasted turn). The amount of pressure a turn 2 goyf presents in modern is a very real thing whether or not you think so.

I pulled her from an intro pack booster, shes now my waifu for my R/W Theros Deck

Why did you suddenly jump to legacy when this thread is about modern?

I believe the original intent of the post that brought out the Goyf internet deffense force was that Modern itself is people playing bad cards.

>not worth it
>Emrakul
>not worth it
Veeky Forums really is bad at magic.

The situation of Nahiri -8'ing and geting Emrakul out is so easy to disrupt when you are actually prepared for the deck

It's a shitty win condition and it's why Nahiri is on the downward slope

Played in Legacy as well.

She's a bit like JtMS. When she hits the ground, everything becomes about her. While the player who dropped her only has to deal with increased card quality, his opponent has to expand resources to deal with her. Against a deck full of removal and counterspells.

But whatever I'm not going to convince you, and even if I did, I don't expect to be told.

She's a madness enabler too, which people missed. Even if you're not trying to drop a creature with her, you can still draw cards and play your madness stuff. So yeah, Veeky Forums is bad at Magic.

I really wish there was some way to break this card in modern. It's not that great in the format though.

Paradox Haze? That's a potential start towards breaking it.

I mean, its good in legacy DnT because it breaks the symmetry of your ports and wastes. I don't really think modern has cards that do that. I could be wrong though.

I dunno about you guys but I'm having a blast with her in standard

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-eldrazi-blink/

>brutal expulsion

Sounds like you lost one too many times to UWR Control, m80s :^)

The real reason why the Modern format started is because people who hoarded 50+ copies of Goyf got pissed when it got power creeped out of Legacy and rotated from Extended. The creation of Modern was WoTC's way of appeasing those pieces of shit.

>The situation of dumping your whole hard and Cranial Plating for lethal is so easy to disrupt when you are actually prepared for the deck
>It's a shitty win condition and it's why Affinity is on the downward slope

Fixed.

Ahh, the old dies to removal argument.

Is Legacy Miracles bad because the Countertop lock dies to Abrupt Decay?

Is Modern Jund bad because it dies to Path to Exiles?

LOL

>Stompy play green and don't play tarmo
>Infect plays green and don't play tarmo
>Abzan CoCo don't play tarmo
>GW Hatebears don't play tarmo
The price of tarmo is just by name. and in modern the only deckss that play tarmo are GBx Midrange and any janky tier 3 deck that thinks tarmo make a deck tier 1. now i don't say tarmo is not good.

>Harbinger
Of what, Veeky Forums?

>infect
>hatebears
These decks do not need or want Tarmogoyf. The others, I don't know well enough to say.

We'll find out in Eldritch Moon

Exactly. that proves that not every green deck needs tarmo. and the one that fucking needs them are only 2: Jund and Junk.