Warhammer 40k General

Everyone be WAACy Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Vindicare Assassins are ranged units!
>I7

This is just for garage games, but should I make any drastic changes?

>but should I make any drastic changes?

Yeah, you should stop using shitty programs and not even bothering to type the list out from the program to boot.

wow, so helpful.

It's almost as if I didn't want to take a picture of my hand-written one since it's in my native language!

Should I get a deff dread or some kanz?
Kanz seem expensive points wise and are only S7 WS2.

>hey, don't just post a lazy ass screenshot of your list
>WELL I COULD'VE POSTED A PHOTO BUT IT'S NOT IN ENGLISH

Really? Really, you dumb mud-slinging nigger? Type it out in English, with your keyboard, you dumb cunt.

Where is the captain going, in the command squad?
Is the command squad not going in a transport?

Australia, please go

You do realize that a screenshot takes up way less space than writing the whole fucking list out, right? Or are you just one of these "BATTLESCRIBE IS KILLING THE HOBBY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" retards?

Dude, quit being a dick. If you dont like the list then dont help. It's That easy

Command Squad has a Rhino, Captain will be joining them.

Who cares about space? We just want lists that are easy to read.

>A screenshot is hard to read
What the fuck?

Oh right.

Looks fine, I'm guessing the bikes are there to cap objectives and that's why they have no upgrades?

Yeah, they're mostly there to fill in the fast attack requirement of a Demi-Company.

And I just realized my Scion squads are 2 under of maximum strength... should I actually cut them down to 5 each and see if I can upgrade the bikes?

No, battle scribe is hard to read. The way it formats shit is infuriating.

If give the Sargent a combi-melta or power weapon just so they can help out if needs be but they're fine as they are.

Looks good.

>everyone be WAACy edition

YOU KILLED TEN GAURDSMEN FUUUUCK NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL YOU MORE GOODER REEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK YOU FUCK THIS GAME ITS SO UNBALANCED I BET YOU USE BATTLESCRIBE FUCK YOU

$70 a good deal for 10 New Karskin troops?
x7 Lasguns
X1 Grenade Launcher
X1 Heavy Flamer
X1 Sargent

Kasrkin*

how do you say that, kas-er-kin?

Good deal? No. Thats about what theyre going for though.

That's really what I meant, if that was the going rate.

>It's That easy

So is typing out your lists and not being a retard on Veeky Forums.

So it's just a matter of synergy then? I can't say I'm surprised.

Why is CSM such a shit dex, Veeky Forums?

So did we already discuss the Space Marine FAQ and i missed it?

what's the cheapest way to get into 30k?

I'll sum it up.

>DROP PODS REEEEE it is pretty retarded though

steal someone's army

Go to the 30k thread

BaC and recasts

So I just bought a copy of the rulebook, and nothing else. I have two 20-sided dice and a 6-sided die that has multiples of 4.

Is this enough to play, or do I need the big three volume set for $70 as well?

In the last thread yea, the main highlights:
>sallys don't get FNP from baleflamer
>no more superfriends
>LoS through droppods is determined by the physical state of the model
>ONE relic per model, only one(1)

The big set is just fluff and model showcase

>Rulebook
>Codex
>Tape Measure
>Templates
>20-30 d6
>Scatter dice

And you're ready to go

>Iron Hands Chapter Tactics affects vehicles but not Ultramarines Chapter Tactics
>Drop Pods are now even more hilarious broken since they function as LoS blockers or massive area denial tools
>GW's response to "what are the firing arcs for land speeder weapons" was "lol figure it out yourself"

>2 d20s and one misprint d6
What the fuck? Have you ever played a table top of any kind before, what an odd set of dice, do you not own any board games most of those have like 2 d6 in them

should I knock them out and rape them, or just steal their shit?

there are a laundry list of reasons, none of them good. but there is hope, dark angels got updated and didn't get shafted

Yea i just looked over it and well i was rather disappointed that all the rule interpretations seem to be kinda correct.
So does that one relic thing finally clarify that even if its not from the relic list in the beginning of the datasheet section that it still cant be taken with other relics?

That depends on the legion you want to play I suppose

You will need wahtever codex you decide to play as well as a fair more 6 six sided dice as well as a tape measure.

Once you actually buy models you will need snippers, a hobby knife, primer and paints.

>have you ever played a tabletop rpg before
No, WH40k will be my first if it arrives before Star Wars d20, which is the one I bought the d20s for .

Also I don't think the d6 is a misprint, as it has numbers and not dots. But that's just something I found in a thrift shop.

According to the FAQ you can still play out of print formations so Green Tide isn't dead yet!

>he's still legal

It says a model can only have one relic at a time

would the game be better if all formations were banned?

i know what lord of war i'll be using next game

Looking to start my first 40k army, a Nurgle CSM force with some sort of really cool demon engine.

Which of these troops are worth taking and how do you take them?

The cultist are great in that they are cheap and fill the troop slot but nothing else.

The Chaos Marines are alright, perhaps a bit expensive with transports and stuff. Probably grab at least one of these.

The Plague Marines sound cool and seem tough but are really expensive.

No.

Dammit i hope ordinary force staves are decent on librarians because i wanted to give mine both Guilimans staff and Fury of Baal and i thought it was fair game cause it wasn't in the list that said they can only have 1 of these.

eldar are still OP and the game is still unbalanced oldman

Wait, the 6 sides are multiples of 4? Or it has multiple 4s on it?
I'll trade you if it's the former, I need something to fill the void of the d6 with a smaller d6 in it that I couldn't convince a guy to sell me

Don't forget Apothecaries get grav guns now.

Does this mean that Codex: Daemonhunters is still legal to use? Does this mean that Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3.5 Edition) is still legal for all non-Black Legion legions?

Holy shit do they really?

That's fucking hilarious.

Those aren't out of print formations.

It depends on how assaulty you want your libys
Staves aren't bad at +2s ap4 especially with endurance and iron arm, shit can add up quick mate

>Is it possible for an Apothecary to carry Special/Melee weapons by being upgraded as a Veteran and THEN upgrading to Apothecary?

>Yes.

I think this also means they get storm shields.

You'd be better off explaining they have A5 on the charge than by going with I7. You'd expect Assassins to be quick.

wtf? I hate warhammer now

looks like im a /rebel/ now

Deff dread for sure, but if you are it might be a better idea to put a bit more money down and get the start collecting box. Just find a third party retailer in your country that will do it for 20% off first.

Jumping off of this, is there any way to get even more FNP? Could you push it to 3up invuln and 3up FNP with Iron Hands, Apothecary, and something else?

>LoS through droppods is determined by the physical state of the model
Oh, fuck that FAQ then

This was always a thing. The rule specifically says "Gives the model a Narthicthlum for x points". It never says 'replace'.

Oh goodie, BA are even shittier than usual now you can't stack Angelic Visage, Angelic Wings and Vitas Vitae.

Dark Angels essentially got the Space Marine dex with Dark Angel goodies. And an interesting point about that - outside of the ravenwing, the dark angel specific units aren't all that awesome. One can also argue that the Lion's Blade strike force is a more restrictive and thus weaker version of the Gladius. Where am I going with this? Well, citing the Dark Angels as being updated and not being shafted is not a terribly accurate representation of CSM's odds.

>This was always a thing
The rule says, "one Veteran may be upgraded to an Apothecary, taking a narthecium." He gets a special statline and everything. The implication of that was that he was no longer a Veteran per se, because why not just say "one veteran may take a narthecium" instead?

so Veeky Forums me and a few friends are getting into warhammer and i kinda wanna start out by doing a set of narrative battles but the problem is we have 3 space marine players (A BA player, A Ravengaurd player, and a GK player) our other players are orks, necrons and eldar. I was wondering if their is any way to make this workout that the space marines would have them fighting each other?

So the Narthecium works like the Standard, then? You can have it AND Veteran weapons?

At first I was /Pro40k/ but after reading what Elavion Dremorill has to say on YouTube Comment section I am a /X-Winger/ now.

Also

>HUR DUR PRICING POLICY

Do people just repeat what they've read from elsewhere? I'd hate to introduce them to the world of metal historical miniatures... Their minds would melt at the prices. Almost as if hobbies are expensive or shit.

>2000
>£15 for Tactical Box

>2016
>£25 for Tactical box

>£15 from 2000 in 2016 is £22.50
>Same amount of models both periods
>Except 2016 Tacticals have more options and customizations

It makes me cry. But, the solution is always to buy from recasters then moan that GW has to raise the price, cause, I mean, if they halve the price, they'll totally get over double the sales, right?

Yep. I overheard some guys talking about how the old models were better and that they should have bought them when they played back then in the "glory days" pronouncing it "kask-rin", was pretty funny.

Oh right. I was thinking about every other thing, like Apothecary in Paladin squad.

Cultists are the best choice because they're cheap. 2 minimum squads of them is a safe bet.

If you take a Lord with Mark of Nurgle, you can take Plague Marines as a troops choice.

A Daemon Engine? I would've suggested the Heldrake, but the recent flyer supplement made it near useless.
Idk what to suggest to you man, they're all so bad. Just play the one you like most.

I play CSM with Cultist troops, 2 squads of Plague Marines in Rhinos, sometimes with a Decimator. My HQ is a Sorcerer named Bufu the Winless because he has never won a game. He wounds or kills himself with perils so much its uncanny. Have fun.

Just start collecting another army now. It's inevitable.

but they're not the worse marine book now, that's the big thing. i'd rather be in 2nd over 4th

The new FAQ allows you to model a drop pod with all but one door shut, blocking LoS and having the unit inside deploy 6" from the tip of the single open door.

That's the case for GK's, I believe. It says you can upgrade one of the models to have a Narthecium. That means it can carry Force Falcions as well, or whatever.

Did he erect a small shrine to 'based god Diaz' as he said so?

BA are the worse codex in the game.

t. GT results from an unknown source based on unknown variables

i meant dark angels sorry

I know, I'm just saying BA are the worst codex in the game because you're now 2nd.

The good thing about this is that it sets precedent for other codices to do the same for their character upgrades buying unit upgrades. Although the only one I can think of that's of interest (well, not just the units character taking a special/heavy weapon) is tankbusta nobz wielding tankhammers.

BA are worse than CSM. Cultists and Zombies are better than Scouts for saving points on your troop taxes, and Chaos has access to superior psykers and tons of Daemon and FMC support.

I can't think of anything BA does better than DA, SW, or vanilla that's actually desirable in a competitive setting. Death Company? Melee stuff? Fast, non-Battle Company Rhinos? Not good enough.

Stealing an entire painted army is already rape, so to do it again couldn't possibly cause more harm.

if it makes you feel better battle brother those fast vindicators are still cool and i still hold a bit of fear for mephiston

>>£15 for Tactical Box

This never happened. Not at MSRP.

CSM Sucks, choose another army. Also, avoid Blood Angels, Dark Eldar, Orks, Sisters, Astra Millitarum (Imperial Guard) and Grey Knights

At least BA Libbys can roll on the AoD tables I think

CSM psykers are worse than shit because not only do they get the 6th edition Librarian power selection they also have to gen at least one power from a discipline that is filled with nothing but shit unless you're Slaanesh and they lose psychic focus.

SM can actually summon far better than CSM through Conclave. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let them roll on both tables? And why did they defend this in the FAQ?

Yes it did. It certainly wasn't more than £15. I have a box of them somewhere in my attic/loft.

I mean the top one in this picture.

That paint scheme is so ugly.

I honestly hate all of the old stuff, and I grew up seeing it due to my older brother and his friends copying it.

Fast Vindicators are neat and all, but when Vanilla and DA can squadron them up for ULTRA SHOT mode, it's less of a thing to cheer about.

Mephy isn't a threat to anybody. He's a T5 guy with 2+. He has no Invul save and he doesn't have Eternal Warrior. A single Demolisher Cannon will crump him. Lysander will krump him. Eldar and Tau will laugh as they dakka him.

If he had ++ and EW, then he'd be scary, but he's essentially a +1S +1T ML2 Librarian and the +1S is useless as he's got a S10 power.

When I can take a ML2 Librarian on a Bike + Stormshield + Gallan's Staff for LESS than Mephy and have better survivability, then something is wrong :*(

I copied it too as I was a retarded who just bought models for fun rather than playing and it wasn't until I copied my friend in getting CSM that I realised how the game worked

I bought a Leman Russ and then realised I couldn't use it for CSM, so I ripped the turret off and stuck it on my CSM Rhino and said it was a Predator

It's true.

>marine tripping on acid on a jetbike
>cheerful lord of change
>keeper giving viewer that sexy look

They can use AoD, yes. All Space Marine Librarians can. The only one who can't is Loth.

The best option is probably making a ML2 Lib Dread and rolling for Electroshield (only got a 1/6 chance to get it thou) and getting Quickening. A Ven. Dread with 3++ is neat. Shame SW Vens get that default in front arc AND counts as an additional combat weapon so +1A. BA Lib Dreads don't get +1A that way.

Another neat idea is getting a Biker Librarian with Storm Shield and going for Warpmetal to make the Lib Dread 14/13/11 or whatever. It's also useful on Death Company to make them T5.

DON'T YOU DARE SHIT ON B-B-B-ASED DIAZ!!!!

FUCK OFF GW S-S-S-HILL!

Yeah mephiston is wank, last time I played against my mates BA I got my warboss in combat with him, challenged him and instant killed him after my painboy patched the boss up from the stab mephy got in.

The conversation after went "Wait seriously?" "Yeah man, he doesn't have an invulnerable save" then I tried to figure out a way to keep him on the table, but even after I argued that he surely has EW and my friend relented it turned out I'd done 3 wounds to him anyway.

The Sadness that leaks out of me while reading this is insurmountable. But i liked em for their fluff before i heard of how bad their rules were so i guess im stuck with the worst codex of a set of Overpowered codexes isn't that bad right? Right?

You'll get your mega-Vindicators soon enough. Anyone not a retarded asshole would let you squadron your vehicles like the other astartes codexes can anyways.

Mephiston needs an invuln, but he doesn't really need/deserve EW when other codexes more reliant on multi-wound models don't get widepsread access to it.

I don't think Librarians can take Storm Shields.

I personally believe due to the fluff of him surviving a gene curse and being one of the strongest psykers that he deserves eternal warrior. I mean he manages to fuck up a building so much that he collapsed it upon himself and survives 4 days under it while raging hard and then still manages to get up and fuck up a ton of orks and continues to walk on he deserves some thing that says that he can be not splatted by ID right away.

Just checked; Librarians only get Storm Shields while in Terminator Armor.

So my best friend calls me up and tells me he's ordering his new army. I expected it to be Khorne Daemons since he had said he was looking into Daemons.

Nope.

He's planning to flood the table with Daemonettes. He's going for a pure Slaanesh Daemon army (1500 points worth).

So now I need my second army. What could I play that could give some fair and fun matches against his Daemonette swarm?

>one of the strongest psykers
>ml2