How do you make secure passwords?

how do you make secure passwords?
how are you supposed to remember 23489724fhwecsdbj928rwdhe?

Other urls found in this thread:

verofox.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diceware
ideone.com/yls99m
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

They'll get it with a keylogger anyway.

download a password app and you can store them on there, or physically write it down... or store them in your notes and just encrypt the passwords on a encryption app, that way when you need the password you can just de-encrypt and its nice and secure, I like to hide mine in binary ;)

What if my app gets hacked or keylogged?
Also, sounds like a pain in the ass to decrypt passwords for everything all the time

repetition.

i remember a 81 character fully random IOTA seed by heart kek.

i just do this
strings /dev/urandom | grep -o '[[:alnum:]]' | head -n 18 | tr -d '\n' > ~/.passwords/site_username

My password is my last name backwards with 2000 after it. I use it for everything and have since the year 2000. Never been compromised once.

You're more safer with "password" as your password and have 2FA with an auth app (not SMS) than just a long and complicated password.

I just use a case-sensitive line from a poem. It'll pass the monkey test. A bot will never randomly brute force a line from Shakespeare if it took 100 years running.

I take a simple password with a special character and number and then add the first and last letter of the thing I am logging into incremented, that way I effectively use the same password everywhere, but it can't be used anywhere else if compromised.

notepad -> winrar password -> google drive

so you type in 81 cases everytime you log into something?

wat

I have the same for everything too but now I want to step up my game a bit

still annoying to check an app every time you want to log into something

Edward Snowden suggested making a long, specific sentence your password, something like

Who was really the king of England in the year 1400?

That has upper case and lower case letters, numbers, and a symbol at the end, and its very long. These types of passwords are very, very hard to crack. Snowden knows his shit.

I have about 8-10 passwords that are easy to remember but difficult for a brute force or dictionary attack to defeat and just rotate through them, reusing a few

>taking password advice from Veeky Forums
every single post in here has been wrong so far
just do a google search for best password practice in 2017
I can't even look at this thread right now. So sad and hopeless. We're not gonna make it.

verofox.com

You don't. You invest in killing all passwords.

thanks
read up and that actually makes a lot of sense

very interesting but for the time being we still need some passwords

You really don't.

easy
pick a favourite song
pick a random line from that favourite song
now for that one line alternate certain letters with capitals and some letters with its equivelant to numbers

so for instance

"i hurt myself today to see if i still feel"

1Hur7Mys3lf70d4y7oS331f1S71llF33l

or mix it up
its up to you

+

you could mix it up by adding few extras random characters

@__#1Hur7Mys3lf70d4y7oS331f1S71llF33l@__###

etc etc..
hope this helps

Just use this method
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diceware

fucking repetition.
Next question

Just make a 10 - 20 word mnemonic. Something like my very eager mother just served us nine pickles. That's the order of the planets, but just use random words.

Everybody in this thread is literally retarded.

If you're not willing to make a reality, then you need to install a password manager with a random key generator, like KeePass. Do not attempt to generate your own password using any of these retarded options.

But ideally, asymmetric key cryptography like VeroFox will replace passwords entirely.

Try TrueCrypt fagit

falling for the password meme

Shit nigger that's what I wanted to post

This comic is disingenuous and doesn't account for unencrypted communications, password reuse, or stupid people who don't securely remember their passwords.

Xkcd is shit and has always been shit. Password are shit and have always been shit.

>TrueCrypt
that shits outdated and vunerable faggot, use Veracrypt.

>Tr0ub4dor&3
>password reuse

nigger what?

Reusing that same passwords on multiple sites. People remember 2-3 passwords and then reuse them for 30 different servers.

write your own encryption algorithm

ideone.com/yls99m

1337 |-|4X0R

brb just taking random words from my steam games or something

use 4 -6 uncommon dictionary words and use subtle alteration in them example :
f4ggot Veeky Forums ehtereal fagotness

This is the only correct answer in this thread.

Read about entropy and how it relates to information (eg a password)

It's definitely not even remotely correct. Please stop parroting xkcd stupidity.

Use asymmetric key cryptography to sign login messages, or use a password manager encrypted with a durable randomly generated passphrase.

This is a really fucking good idea. Probably going to put a couple grand in.

This password would be cracked in seconds

You dumb shit.

That's not how 2FA works. That's not how any of it works.

Except BitFinex, but considering how often they are targeted your going to have a bad time if you don't use 2FA every time you log on. (plus the 24 hour IP locking and email notifications)

you're one dense motherfucker, you know that?