SLANEESH PLAYER HERE AGAIN

SLANEESH PLAYER HERE AGAIN

Okay you guys. That guy got back to me finally. I figured I should post this since there was a lot of talk about the guy cheating last time.

He says "I was using a stormlance battle company as a part of a space marine Gladius strike force."

So whats the verdict anons?

For those of you who werent in the thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your friend was cheating. Cheating in points, cheating in game mechanics, and probably cheating in any way possible.

We didnt need a second thread about this. Learn the rules so you can call him on his bullshit. Because if what you said was true, your friend is a tremendous faggot.

Can I at least get an explanation? Don't get me wrong, I am learning the rules, but there's a lot of rules user.

well... most of the others are right... the Stormlance Battle Demi-company DOES allow you to disembark from a rhino, shoot, then run/reembark if you end your run within 2" of the vehicle access point. Source: Angels of Death pg.58

but I don't know how he was getting cheaper rhinos. There's literally nothing for that except the free transports from a full space marine battle company. and at 500 points there is NO WAY he could be running that. What chapter tactics was he running?

So what, the problem is that its part of a gladius strike force? Im reading the 1d4chan page on space marines right now but Ive never played anything but chaos so I dont know how they play.

He said White Scars.

Hokay... here we go.
doing some math
did he have a captain or chaplain?

I think so. He definitely had an HQ, but I don't know if it was a chaplain or captain. I rememberec his HQ was in a rhino most of the time.

90 points base captain or chaplain, no upgrades
70 points base tactical squad (5) no upgrades
45 points base landspeeder squadron (1) no upgrades
130 points Devestator Squad (5) with 4x missile launcher

The stormlance requires you to take transports for all infantry units in the formation so
140 4x rhino

that's 615 points son

you may want to remind him that the stormlance is a formation in its own right and thus does not follow the rules for the gladius strike force. Not even the White Scars specific one.

and.. I'm sorry user. If he honestly didn't know, that's one thing. But if he's been playing for a while? Cheater

I should rephrase, the white scar specific detachment doesn't give the gladius rules, and requires taking an auxiliary choice from its detachment rules to be valid anyway.

Also user, there is no shame in asking for help. Ignore the haters. This hobby has enough issues without us sperging on new players asking questions.

Thanks user. So wait, White Scars can't use a gladius strike force at all?

they can, but not with a stormlance. the stormlance is from angels of death and does not say it can replace the normal demi-company from the space marine codex. There is a white scars specific detachment in angels of death that is LIKE the gladius, but for white scars.

I asked him if he was sure he could use stormlance to replace a normal demi-company. His response :

:Yes, the Gladius strike force calls for a Demi- battle company and the stormlance, pinion, and hunting party were released as supplements for a few of the founding chapters."

Don't get me wrong you guys, I don't want to get this guy for cheating or anything, he's a nice guy. I'm sure he just doesn't know if anything.

He's wrong, and the point costs don't add up anyways. He's cheating, whether intentional or not.

Out of the 4 posters in this thread, you are easily the angriest. Calm down, you're sperging out overy cheating. Who hurt you user?

friendly user again:
even if he could, the gladius only gives free transports after taking two demi-companies. he also would have to take an auxiliary choice from the gladius list which he clearly hasn't done. He is, in fact, cheating.

Well fuck. I'm talking to him about it now. Through texting mind you, so I'm not face to face or anything. Godamn anons how does it say "you were cheating" without being an asshole?

"I'm not sure if you realize this but..." FACTS

and see how he responds.

Good luck man, calling people out is always uncomfortable.

He's checking the rules anons. He really didn't know. Tempted to emote out of joy, but this is Veeky Forums and I'll be crucified anonymously.

I'm happy for you man.

"You may take up to 2 Demi-Companies. If so, any unit that is able to purchase a Rhino, Razorback or Drop Pod, may do so without any additional cost."

Wow guys, that is vague. It makes it sound like "if you can take 2 demi-companies then you are able to take transports at no cost." I can see how he got confused.

It's only vague it you scratch out 'if so'. Taking 2 demi-companies is a requirement for free transports.

user... he's lying.

Okay. That shattered my spirit. Please tell me it says something else in the other edition or something.

I'd also direct your attention to the skulls... EVEN IF he could take a stormlance which I still haven't seen supported, EVEN IF he got free transports, he STILL has to take one auxiliary unit to gain the Gladius benefits.

sorry user. send him the .jpg as proof. that hasn't been updated/changed since it was printed.

Which book specifically is that so I'll know what to call it?

Space Marine Codex: Pg 112. I included it for that purpose.

What are you babbling about? What in that statement evokes a perception of anger?

Well I hope you're proud user.

With how stern it is andifficult poe's law it's very easy to get anger out of your statement.

ehh, only in the sense that I run marines (among many others) and I hate to see new players taken advantage of. More importantly you'll know what to look out for in the future.

>poe's law
What does that have to do with anything.

The Space Marine player made several errors. He was wrong, and an illegal list is cheating, regardless of intent or malice.

Poe's law means that no matter what you say, if you type it stern enough it will be taken as if you were angry.

Speaking of people who are wrong...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Whatever nigga you know what I meant.

"Without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism."

May not be exact to this scenario but poe's law can be applied to all Internet discussion through only text. Not it's doesn't have to be extremism and sarcasm. Sure it may not be specific, but I don't know any other law that states what specifically I was talking about and it was a much easier way to get the point across that I might think you were mad.

See, you could've just posted "u mad" and saved us all the trouble of getting to the bottom of your shitpost.

I would only do that if I wanted to be an asshole, which I don'the. Thanks for calling my post shit posting though fampai.

>opened with "u mad"
>accusation of autism
>armchair psychology
Your apparent sincerity just makes the shitpost all the more pathetic.

Ok

Thanks for the update,OP. Did you decide if you'd add any Emperor's Children CSM to your force?

Ehi, OP.
I wanted to let you know that I just ended my local tournament of this years, and went in the top half of the chart with a mono-slaanesh army.

I could have been much higher if I didn't make some stupid mistakes in the beginning.

There is hope with Slaanesh.
Praise the Dark Prince!

Don't reference things that are meant to represent specific situations when that specific situation isn't what you're referring to. It just makes you look like a complete idiot.

Not that other user, but I really feel the need to tell you that ending with "Ok" like that doesn't look give-no-fucks casual, no matter how much you wish it did. It looks exactly like what it is: desperate damage control from an user who's run out of arguments..

I was thinking about adding some noise marines mainly.

OK

Ok.

>tells people to calm down randomly
>even at the most innocuous of posts, just because they disagree
>doesn't want to be an asshole

Too late. Calm down, I know you're getting mad just reading this.