EDH/Commander general

Flavortown edition

>Old thread
>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

edhrec.com/commander/Ezuri, Renegade Leader/#creature
deckstats.net/deck-10299123-8d81a712fd2ba9060ed287c67599eb9b.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is a 13 year old girl dressed as a gay pirate?

Why aren't you?

OP's edition has me wondering about a Guy Fieri deck. All I can think of is Greed and Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger. I don't even know who the general would be.

He Who Hungers, duh.

Silly user, that's a 13-year old boy dressed as a gay pirate.

Jesus that's a terrible card

But then you lose green and all its hunger/feed cards

Is it, though?

In that case, The Gitrog Monster.

It's not THAT bad, it's obviously spirit tribal only but in spirit tribal it's a mind slash stapled to an okay body with soul shift as well

Stuff a bunch of Devour cards in there

So, Gitrog Monster as the Commander. Put in Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger, He Who Hungers, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger.

Greed, as many things with Devour as you can, Devour Flesh, Feast of the Unicorn, Faceless Devourer, etc.

>mfw i have a pirate deck that smashes the shit out of people

Does Mycoloth work better in mimeoplasm reanimator or new ezuri aggro and dorks?

Devour with a tribal subtheme.

Have someone 'alter' all your token makers with a sharpie. Your Thallids no longer make Saprolings, they make Nacholings. You don't get a Spider token from Penumbra Spider, you get a Slider token. You don't get Elf tokens, you get E.L.F.udge tokens. You don't get Wurm tokens, you get Gummi Wurm tokens.

Ehh, I'd say newzuri I guess

The card is kinda slow but newzuri speeds it up so that's cool

I can see why you'd want to copy it with mimeo and that also speeds it up using mimeo's counters, but the result is just a decent number of tokens during upkeeps, and I think thats strong but not necessarily better than avenger of zendikar or other token making creatures

Have you posted it here? I've seen a Pirate deck in these threads that was a fucking masterstroke in terms of flavor

Hot soup
Brindle Boar
Protean Hulk

Don't forget to wash it down with Bottle Gnomes.

I think Ezuri. Say you only devour one thing, and that leaves you with just Ezuri and no experience counters on turn... 4.

Next upkeep, you get two Saprolings, which gives you two counters, and then Ezuri can put two counters onto your Mycoloth. Next turn it makes four Saprolings, which gives you four Experience counters, and then Ezuri can put six counters on your Mycoloth. Then next upkeep it makes 10, etc, etc.

Nourishing Shoal

Food Chain, Feed the Clan, Feed the Pack, Cruel Feeding, Feeding Frenzy, GUILTFEEDER, Urge to Feed, Spike Feeder, Time to Feed

I feel where you are coming from, but say you have Mycoloth and a random creature in your graveyard, you play mimeoplasm as a 4/4 (assuming no creatures to devour) and you get however many counters automatic, then you put that many saproling into play right at your next upkeep

Newzuri grows it faster but mimeoplasm gets you that value quicker, which is kind of the difference between newzuri and mimeoplasm in general, newzuri is kinda durdly and mimeoplasm is splashy

Why not both?

have not posted any of my decks here but it is flavorful as fuck

pirates
stealing shit
sea monsters
anything with a pirate theme to it

Original question asker. I only have 1 mycoloth and don't feel like buying another. Already have Avenger in Ezuri as well, but I run alot of sac outlets in ezuri too so I'll need to give this some thought.

Tru

Yes. Yes it is.

What are the best Elves to run in mono-green Ezuri?

Kinda new.

edhrec.com/commander/Ezuri, Renegade Leader/#creature

Priest of Titania and Elvish Archdruid enable insane mana ramp.

Consume the Meek.

Elvish Archdruid, Priest of Titania, Joraga Treespeaker, Elvish Champion. I personally run B/G elves using Rhys and Nath. Shaman of the Pack can be spicy

Thanks senpai.

deckstats.net/deck-10299123-8d81a712fd2ba9060ed287c67599eb9b.html

I need help figuring out 5 more things to cut.
Man, EDH deck building gets hard once you get down to needing to cut those last few cards to make the 99.

I think gleam of battle is a good cut, not the worst card ever but it's your most overcosted and durdly anthem effect

Fight or flight is kinda cool and I've never seen it before, but it also seems like it's a little underwhelming and you can probably cut it

Chandra the firebrand seems like one of the worse Chandra's, although I can see how it would be sweet with all your extra combat sorceries

Radiate seems like a very situational card that might be clogging up your hand when you'd rather just be spending your mana on other things

Patron of the Akki is kinda in a similar position to gleam of battle where it's one of your more expensive anthems and could be a potential cut

Who's the commander, or can you post the list.

Look at the OP you dingus

user there is 1 legendary Pirate in the entire game and it's in the OP

Eater of days, eaten by spiders, polukranos - world eater, eater of hope, eater of the dead, fat ass (from unhinged)

I must have went blind temporarily to have missed that. Anyone got a list though.

Skeleton ship is 110% pirate

Skeleton subtype tho

Marshdrinker Giant

Shame you can't blink him in Golgari colors

is there actually some place where you can get cards with altered art like this that is the same quality as normal cards?

I'm honestly a big proponent of picking a general that suits the tribe, rather than a general that necessarily is of that tribal type.

Like I consider Abzan to be the best color combination for Tribal Knights, so I wouldn't force myself into Jund or Monowhite if I was running Knight Tribal just to get a Knight for a general.

Same way if I wanted to do like Samurai, I'd prefer it to be Boros rather than monocolor.

Why would Abzan be best for Knights instead of Mardu?
I had a deck that was tribal Knights, but I used Tariel as the general. Worked real well too, since Tariel would distract people's removal from the actual threats I had - like my Knights themselves.

>In a new town
>Decide to go to commander night
>Bring my Derevi Bird Tribal
>Group has Xenagos, Oloro, and Kemba
>As soon as Xenagos sees my commander he rolls his eyes and tells the group "Here it comes" to the whole table
>I explain to him it is tribal not control/stax/prison whatever the fuck he was thinking
>"Sure thing bud"
>The entire game he "suggests" to the other players that they should target all my resources be for my deck goes off
>play cards like wing mate roc and Xenagos player says, "see here it comes"
>Game finally end with Xenagos going infinite with sprout swarm and Craterhoofs
>Kemba comments that was a close game

Help me.

This is a nice variation on a pasta dish I like

>"Hey, bud, we're all here to have fun, so lay off a little. If you want, you can look through my deck after the game to confirm it's not Derevi.dec"
I hate asses (no not the creature type) as much as anyone, but the only way to defeat them is to be either cordial or sickly sweet, any kind of negative reaction only spurns them on more.

You deserve it for building something stupid like bird tribal

There are a lot of GW Knights I like. I'll admit, Red Knights are classic, but there are a fair share of both and green has a lot more "tribal matters" cards.

sucks to suck at politics. But seriously you should consider a different general if you don't want hate. No one goes to fight club with a gun and says "no seriously guys, it's just for pistol whips"

I think I know you. The guys at our local shop still talk about your bird legacy decks and I got into a conversation with you about how Derevi is perfect for bird tribal, if only she wasn't so good.

Bird tribal is only decent in Legacy you dummy. How do you expect to throw out Soulcatcher's Aerie within a few turns in EDH?

I want to build Newzuri elf tribal. The synergy between him and Joraga Warcaller was enough to sway me. Never done elfball before, though. Any spicy tech I should keep an eye out for?

Kangee is best bird wizard tribal husbando

Bird wizard ultra combo

Don't forget this little guy.

r8 h8 masterb8

>first EDH night in forever this weekend
>build a deck on Tappout and order it last week
>cards got here today
>Commander nowhere to be found

Turns out when you do a mass entry from Tappedout onto TCGPlayer, it doesn't actually fucking add the fucking commander to the fucking cart.

I'm so god damn mad right now and I have no one but myself to blame. Holy shit.

Use a proxy and let em know you'll have your commander next time you guys play.

This, really its personal preference, inpersonally like to own the cards i play with but there is at least 2 guys at my lgs who play with most cards written on an island in pen its kinda sad one even keeps his pen proxies in a trade binder to keep them safe as if they were the real thing

What's some spicy tech for Eldrazi-based Rakdos?

Gut Shot?

can't head down to your LGS to pick up a copy?

Shit like earthquake and rolling earthquake etc that damages each player

To the user asking about storage/travel. The KMC 1000 card box is pretty nice, solid and fits sleeved cards. They are about $15 on amazon. If you do order one make sure you select the vendor hyaK since they are in the US (assuming you are in NA) and it wont take 30 days to travel across the Pacific.

Bulwark
Diseased Vermin
Indulgent tormentor
Karplusan Minotaur
Magus of the Mirror
PALACE SIEGE
SIN PRODDER
Subversion

no local stores?

sorry, Also Arc Blade

Depends on the commander, i have about 4 lgs i frequent and none of them have ever opened commander product to have singles for sale and they only buylist standard or modern staples

Sneak attack, Feldon, Anger, instant speed reanimation.
The eldrazi shuffle effect is a triggered ability and not a replacement effect, and can therefore be responded to.

Soul Conduit counts as life loss if a player's life total goes down as a result of the ability

Possibly. The commander is M13 Odric

I don't really go to LGSes though so I don't know what's around me

Not that user, but I would get that but thankfully, amiami informed me it cannot hold character guard sleeved cards which I had.

im sorry user i cant post a list, i want my deck to be secret because i know a lot of edh players from my lgs go on here but what i can tell you is i run all the pirates and its all about flavor and not optimisation

go to edhrec for an idea

What's some double secret spicy tech for Godo?

>Just got 100 bucks for my birthday
>Mind Seize is coming in the mail next week
What are some good budget cards for a Nekusar deck?

Blue sun's zenith.

I recommend to have a elixir of immortality.

>le i killed you by making you draw your entire deck

kys

I built a teysa combo deck. I took it to my LFS edh day, and I won both games, one vs prosh, karador and the other had brogo. One was a turn 4 infinite. How come she isn't considered a t1 commander with the rest of those. I guess I can see the lack of blue from the esper commanders, but not all the t1 commanders are blue. She's definitely been stronger than my meren deck I took apart which was considered t2

My deck is so secret i wont even share it anonymous over the interwebs

But I want to be a soulless bastard whose wincon is making people draw cards until they die.

Add some protection for nekusar. A dude in my playgroup runs le funny wheels.dec with no protection or backup plan. I steal his commander literally every game we play. He's gotten so salty that he just won't play with me anymore.

>le i killed you by making your life total drop to zero

Christians 1
Athiests 0

I think the best possible commanders would be:
Prossh
Thromok
He Who Hungers
Gitrog Monster
Atogatog

What's the flavor of Gitrog? I get him mechanically but the flavor of a fat ramping frog escapes me

Not every card has to have flavor, some cards are just cards that fit the setting they're from. Goddamn.

Amphibian tribal

>H.P Lovecraft setting
>giant frog
>not fish-man hybrid cephlapod worshipers

That is clearly Prince the magic card

Look at the fucking cards nigga
Westvale Cult Leader has a fucking fish face

>a frog is a fish
Cool biology story bro

Basically free creatures right here

Look at these posts friendo

Nobody knows.

Every Rakdos deck plays out the exact same way. They put together a game plan of enablers and fatties, and then when they sit down and draw their 7, they realize their deck doesn't work.

You play your turn 3 lobber crew, and hope it lives. You play rakdos on turn 4 and hope he lives. Then, finally, on turn 5, you get to make a play. Meanwhile, the other decks are playing efficiently costed cards on their turns because their decks aren't half composed of pingers and the other half fatties.

Godspeed user. A friend of mine gave me a personal challenge to make a Rakdos deck that isn't garbage assuming a roughly 70% meta, and I've tried three separate builds so far. If the tech exists, you won't find it posted here.

is correct, Rakdos is inherently inconsistent. If you don't draw the correct combination of damage spells and fatties the deck just doesn't work

B-but Black is king of tutoring