Dragonball Quest #23

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>Information on the MC

pastebin.com/26cbDMzF

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

21st World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=nhScFOYNEoM

inb4rock

"Goku, please!" Bulma begs. "Just give up!"

"F-fine," you hear Goku say in defeat.

"That's better," Jackie tells him. "Don't feel bad, my boy. I used this technique on your grandfather once, and he didn't last this long."

The old man narrows his eyes. "Now, say it!"

"I-I GIVE UP!" Goku shouts.

Jackie stops the attack, letting your friend fall to the ground, where he lies still. You see the old man sigh, and the announcer addresses the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, after a spectacular battle, Goku has been defeated!" he tells them. "That means Jackie Chun will face off against Tofoo in the finals!"

>A. Step into the ring

>B. Run to check on your friend

>C. Something else

>>A. Step into the ring
>>B. Run to check on your friend
"Goku! Are you okay?"

Poor dude was really givin' er. It's hard to think of a way he could have countered that move.

>>A. Step into the ring
>>B. Run to check on your friend

We'll need to reverse the neutron flow of Roshi's thunder shock surprise and send it right back at him if we want a chance.

You enter the ring, rushing over to your fallen friend and kneeling at his side.

"Goku! Are you okay?" you ask in worry.

Krillin kneels at Goku's other side, sweating as he looks at the damage Jackie managed to do to the monkey-tailed warrior.

Goku's face is contorted in pain, and you notice some rather nasty looking bruises. His eyes are clenched shut, and he lets out a groan that sounds way too weak to be coming from someone so strong.

You have never seen Goku get seriously hurt in a fight before. But now, you know Jackie Chun was telling the truth. Had your friend not given up, that attack would have killed him.

"Goku!" Krillin shouts. "Say something!"

"Goku will live," Jackie Chun assures the two of you. "His resilience is something remarkable. Had anyone else taken that attack for that long, they would not have survived."

"Ladies and gentlemen, the tournament physicians are on their way!" the announcer assures the crowd. "Little Goku will be looked after by the finest doctors available! Have no fear!"

Two temple monks arrive with a stretcher, and with some help from you and Krillin, carry Goku to get looked at.

You turn toward Jackie, who looks completely relaxed. With all the tricks he has up his sleeve, you can hardly blame him. Goku fought with everything he had, yet this old man doesn't even seem tired yet.

This will not be an easy fight to win.

"You know, you can give up now if you want,"Jackie tells you. "There's no shame in backing down from a fight you can't win."

>A. Tell him you can't; you owe him a few good hits for Goku

>B. Tell him that you are going to win

>C. Tell him you didn't come all the way here to give up

>D. Say nothing

>E. Something else

>>C. Tell him you didn't come all the way here to give up

Vengeance doesn't suit us. Let's play the cool guy never give up route for this one.

Even if we lose, we can't give up. We'll do our best, to our absolute limit. Just like Goku.

and say something along the lines of "I have to push myself beyond my limits, and that can't happen if I give up now!"

"Master Roshi would tell me to not give up now, and Goku would tell me to fight anyway!" Strike a (fighting) pose and play the stamina game.

He just fought, and he's older. So Tofoo's stamina could outlast Chun's.

You tell him that you didn't come all the way here just to give up, and that you need to overcome your limits, something you won't be able to do if you just give up now.

A smile appears on the old man's face, and he chuckles to himself, but doesn't say a word.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's going to be hard to top a match like that!" the announcer tells the crowd. "But we may just have the battle to do it waiting to begin. On this stage stand two of the strongest fighters in the world, each ready to fight for the title of World Champion of Martial Arts!"

The crowd roars with applause, and you can hear both Bulma and Oolong cheering for you above the others.

Krillin remains ringside, looking nervous but urging you to do your best.

"Before we begin the match, let's talk to our two competitors," the announcer says, approaching you. "Tofoo, first I want to congratulate you for making it this far. I'm wondering, do you have any comment on your strategy going into this final match?"

>A. You're gonna attack with everything you have

>B. You're gonna try to outlast him

>C. It's a secret

>D. You're gonna wing it

>E. Something else

>>C. It's a secret

>E. Something else
"I'm going to punch him in the schnozz!"

You tell the announcer that your strategy is a secret.

"Do you hear that, folks?" he asks the crowd. "It seems Tofoo has a secret plan up his sleeve! Keep an eye out for it during the match!"

He walks over to Jackie, asking the old man about strategy, but Chun seems to be asleep.

"Well, just like any great fighter, so relaxed..." the announcer says nervously. "Alright, folks, let's begin the match!"

Jackie's eyes snap open, and he rushes toward you with blinding speed!

>A. Meet his charge (75)

>B. Defend and wait for the opportunity to stike back (65)

>C. Bear Shout

>D. Try to evade him (90)

>E. Attempt the After-Image Technique (80)

>F. Something else

>>C. It's a secret

Save Bear Shout for when we can really capitalize on it.

>>B. Defend and wait for the opportunity to stike back (65)

Defense idea, rather using wolf fang fist for attack what if we build up ki into limbs when Chun strikes at that exact moment to repel him for a defensive measure?

ROLL

Rolled 46 (1d100)

Rolled 83 (1d100)

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>1d20

Thank you.

Rolled 58 (1d100)

So is this normal Roshi or the secret power level Roshi that's in Ress. of F that was secretl his power level the entire time?

You quickly go on the defensive as Jackie rushes to you, parrying his first punch, catching the second, and blocking a knee strike with your palm.

He pushes against you, attempting to drive you back, but you manage to keep yourself standing firm, though not without considerable effort.

"You've got a solid defense," he tells you. "But planting yourself on the ground won't help you against me!"

He spins and throws a kick at your face, but you duck beneath it. As he lands, he aims a palm-strike at your face, but you back-flip to avoid it and gain distance.

As you land, he comes at you with a jump kick, throwing a second kick as you duck beneath the first. You dive beneath the second kick, then spring off the ground as Chun lands, kicking him in the back and sending him sliding away.

He looks over his shoulder, turning to face you. Your attack doesn't seem to have harmed him, but he does look somewhat impressed.

"It seems you've taken some lessons from Goku and Krillin's fighting styles," he observes. "But let's see how much you've learned from watching me!"

He breaks into a rapid charge, moving with even greater speed.

>A. Meet his charge with a leaping kick to the face

>B. Get ready to defend again

>C. Get ready to defend, but keep an eye out in case this is a trick

>D. Attempt the After-Image technique (80)

>E. Something else

>>D. Attempt the After-Image technique (80)

>D.
Don't we have those bear claw things too?

>E. Something else
Attempt Ki Kicking (Generic name so we don't fight SINCE NONE OF THAT MATTERS)

>>D. Attempt the After-Image technique (80)

No

ROLL

Rolled 26 (1d100)

Rolled 64 (1d100)

Rolled 20 (1d100)

Rolled 3 (1d100)

You attempt to use the After-Image technique, trying to leave some of your energy behind to create an illusion while you move away swiftly.

You do manage to move extremely fast, but aren't able to perform the move.

The Jackie that was attacking you fades away, and another one appears in front of you as you dash across the ring.

>A. Attack it

>B. It's a trap, locate the real Jackie and attack!

>C. Try again (75)

>D. Something else

>>B. It's a trap, locate the real Jackie and attack!

This is a joke right

>>B. It's a trap, locate the real Jackie and attack!
Of course. The real answer is to bounce graviton particle beams off the main deflector dish.

You aren't going to fall for this trick.

Suspecting that Jackie is using the Double After-image technique, you rush right the fake and look around for Jackie.

Movement to the side catches your eye, and you jump up, managing to catch Jackie in the face and knock him to the ground.

"It seems Jackie Chun has attempted his Double After-image technique!" the announcer explains to the crowd. "But it also seems that pulling the wool over Tofoo's eyes is not easy! So far, Jackie has not managed to land a single hit on his opponent!"

Jackie picks himself up, eyes narrowing as he gives the spot where you struck him a quick rub.

"You have a lot of power behind your attacks," he comments. "And you seem to learn from mistakes made by others. But raw strength won't beat me, and you'll have plenty of time to make other mistakes."

He drops into a defensive stance, waiting for you to make the next move.

>A. Use the After-Image technique and attack from behind (75)

>B. Attack head on

>C. Bear Shout

>D. Kamehameha

>E. Wolf Fang Fist

>F. Something else

>F. Something else
Attempt Thunder Shock Surprise

>>A. Use the After-Image technique and attack from behind (75)

How big are the tiles in the WMAT right now and would we be able to lift one of the them up easily?

>E

>E. Wolf Fang Fist

Or could cause one to shatter under his feet and sort of catapult him out of the ring? Without a tail or a pair of wings he'll kamehameha back and then can hit him with a Bear Shout or a Kamehameha of our own.

Taking a moment to think, you decide to bust out Yamcha's attack.

You break into a sprint toward Jackie, who remains completely still as you approach. You ready your hands for claw-strikes, and hear the howl of a wolf as you reach your foe.

"WOLF FANG FIST!"

Your claw-strike passes through an After-image. But, you expected this, and quickly locate the second Jackie, rushing him only for the same thing to happen.

Movement over your shoulder catches your attention, and you spin, throwing another claw-strike, only for Chun to catch your wrist.

You attempt to continue the technique with one hand, but Jackie moves with amazing speed and either blocks or parries every strike you make.

Frustrated, you jump up and try to kick Chun in the gut, but he blocks with his knee before spinning and throwing you high into the air, sending you out of balance.

"It looks like this is the end, folks!" the announcer calls. "Unless Tofoo can fly, it doesn't seem there's any way for him to keep himself from touching the ground!"

Shows what he knows.

>A. Fire a Kamehameha at the ground to launch yourself back into the ring

>B. Fire a Kamehameha in the air to propel yourself right back at Chun so you can land a powerful attack!

>C. Something else

>>B. Fire a Kamehameha in the air to propel yourself right back at Chun so you can land a powerful attack!

>C. Something else
Time to attempt feet kamehameha and fly at Chun like a fucking rocket ship.

>B. Fire a Kamehameha in the air to propel yourself right back at Chun so you can land a powerful attack!

I like them odds!

You think you do, but you don't.

>A.

>>B. Fire a Kamehameha in the air to propel yourself right back at Chun so you can land a powerful attack!

It's time to try something crazy.

You have no idea if this will work, but if it does, it just might be what you need to win this match. So, it's worth a try.

In the ring below, Jackie Chun is already celebrating his victory. He poses for the crowd and cheers for himself. He thinks the match is already over.

Perfect.

You cup your hands at your side, and feel a familiar warmth spread through your body, a warmth that you direct to the palms of your hands.

"Ka....me....ha....me...."

You thrust your hands skyward, allowing your energy to explode from your body.

"HAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

A blue beam of light erupts from your palms, rocketing you down toward your unaware adversary. You gain more momentum constantly, and he doesn't even see you coming.

Some members of the audience do, however, and vocalize their surprise, causing Jackie to take notice.

He turns around just in time for your feet to slam into his face, knocking him onto his back and sending him sliding to the edge of the ring, where he goes still.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I saw it myself, and I still don't believe it!" the announcer shouts. "Tofoo has used the Kamehameha Wave to propel himself into Jackie Chun! And I daresay this attack has done the trick, as it seems Jackie may be down for the count! I'll begin the countdown now! One! Two!"

>A. Approach Jackie and knock him from the ring

>B. Stay where you are, it could be a trap

>>B. Stay where you are, it could be a trap

Som is kill

You remain where you are, wary of some kind of trick from the wily old martial artist.

"Three! Four! Five!" the announcer continues.

You notice your opponent begin to twitch.

"Six! Seven!"

Jackie hops back up, bringing his hands up to the spot where you struck him in the face. The crowd applauds, and the announcer expresses his surprise.

Jackie lowers his hands, and you see that you left some marks.

"Your skill with the Kamehameha Wave is impressive," the compliments, walking closer to the center of the ring. "But I'm a true master of the technique. Watch and learn."

He cups his hands at his side.

>A. Answer with your own Kamehameha

>B. Jump out of the way

>C. Move out of the way

>D. Something else

>D. Something else

Jump away and fire a Bear Shout from the side.

>C. Move out of the way

>After-Image Kamehameha

Even make it look like it hit us.

Whatever we do, we should tell him 'MASTER ROSHI IS THE ONLY TRUE MASTER!'

>Doing this decades before Goku thought of it

I'm reconsidering my vote.

I vote for double dub trips.

So D.

Too late.

As long as the technique is successful I'm fine with it.

Would Bear Shouting have been more effective? I kinda wanted to leave that as our last resort.

Man I can't wait til Tofoo meets Arale

"Ka...me....." Jackie Chun begins.

You have another crazy idea, and cup your hands at your side. "Ka...."

"Ha....me...." Jackie continues, a blue orb of light appearing in his hands.

"Me...ha...." you continue, looking increasingly nervous by the second.

"HAAAAAAAA!!!" Jackie shouts, thrusting his hands toward you and unleashing his blast.

"Me...." you say, eyes going wide as the blast strikes you.

Or, appears to strike you.

Jackie's eyes go wide in shock as his blast passes through an afterimage, heading right for the crowd.

"Everybody, duck!" the announcer warns the people.

Jackie moves his hands, and manages to curve the blast skyward, avoiding disaster.

You appear behind him, and thrust your hands toward his back.

"HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

Your blast hits him full-force, and he's not able to do anything to defend himself. He lets out a cry of mixed pain and surprise, being thrown across the ring by the explosion your blast creates, and landing on his face.

"Once again, Tofoo has managed a surprise attack with devastating power!" the announcer shouts. "It seems Jackie will be hard pressed to outmaneuver this cunning little fighter!"

"That's the way, kid!" Oolong shouts.

"You go, Tofoo!" Bulma cheers.

Jackie picks himself back up, looking at you long and hard. You can tell by his expression that he's beginning to take you a lot more seriously.

He walks toward you, and you notice his cheeks turning red. He lets out a hiccup, and suddenly begins to stagger. He manages to stop from falling over, but staggers to the lift, hiccuping again and letting out a groan.

"What's this?" the announcer asks. "Either Tofoo's latest attack has knocked a screw loose, or Jackie Chun has been taking too many swigs from the old flask between matches."

Jackie claps his hands and spins, nearly falling over.

>A. Rush in and attack

>B. Wait and see what's going on

>C. Defend

>D. Something else

As I've said before, the Bear Shout is weaker than the Kamehameha

>D. Something else
Copy his movements

>C. Defend

Deadlock

Defend and copy?

Drunken Defense!

>C. Defend

ROLL

Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>A. Rush in and attack

Rolled 29 (1d100)

I DON'T WANT NO TROUBLE!

Rolled 59 (1d100)

You decide to defend by copying his movements, and are actually able to do so quite well.

It doesn't take long to discover that he's fighting by moving and acting in unpredictable ways, and that by doing the same, you can keep yourself from being hit.

The two of you stagger and spin around the ring, stumbling toward each other and throwing hits that miss because the other wobbles out of the way. This trend continues for a few minutes until you both seem to realize this isn't going to amount to anything any time soon.

The two of you stand in the center of the ring once again, facing each other and readying for the next bout.

Jackie raises his hands, narrowing his eyes.

>A. Attack before he can do whatever he's planning

>B. Stand your ground and focus on him, be ready to deal with whatever attack he throws at you

>C. Bear shout

>D. Something else

>C

>D. Something else
Lift one of the tournaments tiles, make it seem like we are rushing him with it and smash it a few feet away from him so the momentum of transfers to the pieces and while he is distracted blocking the shards, attack him from the side.

If he wants to kick it up a notch, then lets!
>Drunken Wolf Fist + After Image!

>>C. Bear shout

>C. Bear shout

You stay right where you are, but prepare for an attack, letting the warm feeling spread through your body. This time, however, you direct it upward to your mouth.

"You're so sleepy...." Jackie tells you, waving his hands. "You're such a sleepy boy...."

Your body feels heavy, and your eyes feel droopy.

But, you still have enough time to open your mouth and unleash your blast. A beam of light flies from your gullet, striking Jackie full-force and once more knocking him down.

But, your eyes and body are so heavy, and you begin to slump forward.

>A. Fight it! (70)

>B. You don't think Jackie's getting up from that, sleep. You're so sleepy....

>A. Fight it! (70)

>A. Fight it! (70)

>>A. Fight it! (70)

>A. Fight it! (70)