>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Sunny_Emmerich
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No sanctuary mode. Your starting point in jump is choked by hunters, tanks, spitters, and smokers. What do.

Quasimodo please

I integrated wands of universal fire into my motorcycle before I made it into an altform for a reason user

Burninate them.

Let's Dance.

Ok, we've gone over the numbers, and making Heartless and Nobodies backgrounds helps a bit.

Heartless will be bumped to 500.

Nobody will be bumped to 600.

Heart Breaker moves from Nobody to General perks, which better reflects that it's a trait many bad guys share rather than just Nobodies.

Absent Silhouette and Facade are being changed to discounts.

These changes put their prices at (or very close to) parity with the benefits they gain. Although they do get a few less discounts on perks and items compared to other backgrounds we feel this is balanced out by their personal access to their customization sections.

The price of extra Hearts (currency) for the supplements is up in the air. We don't know how much to charge per Heart or per number of Hearts. Given it is meant to let Heartless do things like be a centaur or centipede Heartless, and give custom Nobodies a few weapons and shape of their own we think the option to buy more Hearts should exist, but if it proves too problematic then the starting number can be the be all and end all.

This doesn't address all criticism, but right now we are focusing on the primary point of contention. If we missed something else please see if it gets fixed during the next WiP, and if not bring it up then.

Thank you for all your help.

If I can totally dominate a setting even when picking fights with strongest things, I feel like Gary Stu. Even if my victories are due to accumulated knowledge of setting and jumper powers.

Anyone has that problem at times?

>Anyone has that problem at times?
No, because fighting is a means to an end and not an end in itself.

Sounds good to me.

All the customization sections do is change your body's look. It's purely aesthetic, it doesn't justify giving htem less discounts.

Not since picking up Toggle from Young Justice and going to Symbiote.

Of course, not everyone is okay with effectively putting their 'real' self on autopilot and going around thinking they're only capable of the powers you left on with Toggle. The fact you can take back over in an emergency is the only reason I'm ok with doing it.

Certainly allows for more 'level appropriate' fun.

Fighting is just a side hobby at this point. It's much more fun to pull strings, run schemes, and gamble it all. There's a reason why super villains look like they're having so much fun.

All the time. I like to overcome it with the free balance bangle from monster hunter. Locks all supernatural powers you didn't acquire in your jump, lowers physical abilities to the apex of your current species, and can be deactivated with a code word for emergencies.

Exploration is my goal, not combat.

Well, I sometimes just feel a bit like Saitama. I want a challenge. Because that challenge keeps me motivated and somewhat directed.

Without it, I do various odd stuff, seeking to fill the hole of emptiness in my life.

While it can be science or such, it is most likely not that great morally or ethically. Flesh scaping for example, a planet of flesh, I cultivate.

Or lewd stuff.

Dear God, I am Rick waba duba dub dub

I dunno. I guess my fears of unstoppable characters and high empathy pre all jumps might hit me with some guilt sometimes. And I can't totally abandon those feelings in fear of just abandoning who I originally was

Space isn't that big of an issue. Grab all the miniaturization perks (RWBY, Undertale, SimAnt, Worm) and you can pretty easily shrink things down.

Could also hit up NGE and grab Hybrid and Non-euclidean for some really weird form-folding, although I don't know enough about NGE to say for sure if you could actually alter your angel-form in a manner similar to upgrading a cyborg body.

>Not since picking up Toggle from Young Justice and going to Symbiote.
Limit Mode from Kid Radd is worth grabbing for this. You turn off 90% of your perks for a year, but you get a large training boost for the duration. It turns off if you would be killed and gives you a small recovery boost as well, but I mostly just keep Toggle available and toggle Limit Mode off if I'm in danger.

much like my alcohol intake, this isn't a problem to me, it's my goal.

Still need a Spidermeme jump.

If that's the pervading opinion we certainly can look at adding a few more perks for them to get discounts on in order to give them parity there as well. We do have some perks we cut in previous attempts at balance, we could look at bringing some of them back possibly.

For the time being, do you think the changes at least make them not 'unfair' compared to the other choices in the jump (discounts not withstanding)?

Point at *burp* at him!
Point *belch* point at him and laugh!

Power limiters are a great thing.

I just worry, because being unbeatable makes it feel like I am just doing an asspull in that universe. As if my powers were bullshit, with only my morals or such stopping me from exerting it, or desire to make battles longer.

It makes me feel like Superman.
God, I hate Superman

I was against making them backgrounds so I won't be happy with that part of the solution period. Thus I'd rather focus on the parts that are subject to actual debate and have a chance to change.

This is why I'll say, I don't see why you need to add more perks. Why not just switch Absent Silhouette and Facade to being free again?

I honestly have no idea what this means..

And that entertains me.

Where should I go to become covered in eyeballs?

You know where to get them all up insider you.
All jammed up in there.
Like, damn, you seen some shit.
You know where to look.
You fucking know.

Marvel? Grab self-biokinesis, have fun staring at people.

Also, hit up the various eye jumps and grab as many as you can. Any Fate jump, Naruto, Mushoku Tensei (especially Mushoku Tensei, for Jumper Empress of Jumper Eyes), etc

Go to the Zootopia jump, choose an aye-aye as your animal.

That doesn't help give them discount parity, and in fact is a step backwards into needing to do *something* to balance them again, whether that's raising the price even more (which I at least would rather not do), or making the drawbacks really bad.

Thanks for being honest. Is there anything else in the jump you think needs to be looked at? Anything you liked about it?

Shoggoth.

Not really, no because

1. That implies fighting is the only worthwhile goal

2. That beating said strongest things won't have terribly destructive repercussions for the world

3. That I'm too unintelligent to come up with a more creative solution to the problem using said setting knowledge and powers, assuming I don't have an in-character reason to resort to violence anyway

4. And that it's impossible to avoid being maneuvered into a position where one can't use all of that leverage for one reason or another because of external circumstances.

Really, these days I just apply the mindset I used to tackle things with higher raw powers back in the day to the non-Jumper characters, to try and figure out how they could throw a sucker punch at ASA.

Hang up a non-smoking/spitting/tanking/hunting sign.

1. Cue "Kung fu fighting" by Carl Douglas
2. Get down to business

Besides perks I get from the jump I tend to use Toggle on most of my powers to make things interesting.

Lord of the Rings jump would have lasted a day tops if I had just grabbed the ring, used supersonic flight to Mordor and chucked it into Mt. Doom.

Instead I walked with everybody and kept asking "Gandalf, why are the Eagles assholes and always wait till the last minute to do anything useful?"

A discount is basically half off. Two discounts is equal to a freebie. I'm not sure how a free perk to make up for less discounts doesn't help with parity.

I gave those opinions last thread.

DUAL HISSING ACTION

How are you doing today?

> Kingdom Hearts drops
> KH HD 2.8 2016 420blaze it announced
> KH 3 announcement in winter

oh it's French laughing, I don't think I did anything funny.

Would plasmids and prototype powers work as a MGR cyborg?

I mostly want more vectors for my Lunatic Red Eyes and Cognitohazardous.

If you took the post-jump "cyborg body becomes pseudorganic" option, probably.

I'd say it would be better to even out the races some by giving the other races their own perks. A lot of the trouble is that comparatively the other two options are terrible compared to Nobody and Heartless, giving them at least a standard line would let you keep the Nobodies and Heartless relatively intact. Just messing around with pricing some simply leads to further headaches down the line.

Oh, mind you, I can think of better solutions.

But I do have some warrior's pride, ASArott.

But when left to my own devices for too long, unless I had a goal at that point, things would get weird.

Like, "hang-gliding in a crotchless Uncle Sam costume into a stadium full of redheads and men who look like my father" kind of weird

Except more

That seems like the most work intensive solution yet, given the other races have nothing so far so they'd need to come up with over a 1000cps worth of stuff at least for them.

That's a fair point. I guess I wasn't looking at it like that.

Would people rather them get a bit more freebies but less discounts, or less... Ok that is a bit of a silly thing to ask. What does everyone think is more balanced? Getting more freebies but less other things with Discounts, or...

You know what I'm asking.

Feeling a lot better, thank you.

I suppose we could give Humans and Funny animals a perk or two. The thing to remember is that they are free, so they probably shouldn't get too much unless we did turn them into entire racial trees, which is basically at the point of having two backgrounds...

What do people think about giving them a little perk or two to help balance things out?

Man this post is all over the place. Brainstorming folks.

...hmmm, is Left 4 Dead different enough from a normal zombie apocalypse to get it's own jump?

I don't think giving the other races a perk or two will balance it out at all unless you give them a lot of stuff. It still doesn't fix the problem of getting all the stuff from an origin and a race, if not making it worse by being able to take two for free.

I'd say so, though I'm biased in that I really want a L4D jump

I was thinking of it as a method of balance alongside the current changes.

I agree that giving them an entire tree and letting people have racial and background trees and discounts just makes things more complicated.

My suggestion wasn't to reduce the amount of discounts overall, just switch those two mentioned discounts to free.

Unless what you meant to ask was "Would it be better to switch Absent Silhouette and Facade to free, giving them less discounts but more freebies and creating something like parity by considering those freebies to be equivalent to two discounts?"

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, looks like I'm not at my most coherent today.

With these changes they're a few hundred short. If they get those as freebies again... It might actually even out? I've got to look at the numbers again.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

You just want a chocolate helicopter item.

Okay, I'm not looking for judgement, just a simple Yes or No

Can you romance Giant Naked Rei?
Can you go a step further?

You should be able to, as GNR seems to retain the feelings Rei did. Remember, she offered to Shinji to decide on Instrumentality. Lilith would have no reason to do that.

Yes.

Yes, but it would be extremely painful.

Where can I get phasing Powers ala kitty pryde?

Good.

Now, can someone remind me what's the age of Sunny Emmerich in MGR?

I like her outfit, honestly

Only if you're a Drop-In. Otherwise it's incest.

She's a big girl

For you.

Below the age of majority.

>Implying that's ever a problem.

So I just finished Young Justice and I have to know...
Who here tried to steal the Warworld?

She's 14, legal in Germany.

Though user frankly, you're a jumper you don't have to give a fuck no matter what anyone says.

>Sunny

she's like 14 which is not even Japan legal.

metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Sunny_Emmerich

Legal on a federal level. It gets more complicated down from there.

Age of consent in Japan is 13.

And I would wait till she's adult who can decide on her own.

Doesn't stop me from being friends with her though

Does it turn into a giant robot?

She's 14? Could have sworn she was 11... Huh

She lives in America, user. And being friends with a child while you wait for them to become an adult is called grooming, and it's classic pedophile behavior.

Okay, if they get them as freebies they pay 700 (effectively) for 1100 freebies. If they get them as discounts they pay 700 for 700. I think the difference might be a bit much there. This is why we were suggesting these changes.

Please chime in if you want one way or the other.

I didn't steal it but mother box absorbed it, so now they has it as a alt-form
I know there's federal minimums and there's prefectural statutes none of which are below 16, so you are in fact wrong
thank you.

He's got two years to go in most states. Aint that big a deal. It's a fictional character.

She is in MGS4. By MGR she's older.

No, but it's filled with an endless supply of robot drones.

Not thinking as in full on equal to Heartless and Nobodies, but a quick line for each would mean there's less of a power gap between the options. Though yeah, might be a bit much to ask. Mostly raising the point to make sure it's considered as a possibility instead of everyone fixating on nerfing the two options that do have perks currently.
Funny Animal could get some stuff based around being a Disney character, not familiar enough with the series to go much beyond that though.

>thank you.
I want you to fuck off with trying to act like a moral guardian when you fuck piles of cancerous sludge and try and rape the laws of physics and kill people's waifu's for personal gain.

"It's not that big a deal, officer, honest!"

Yeah man, those fictional internet multiversal cosmic thought police are gonna get user for having dirty thoughts about a videogame character.

Only if I have sexual thoughts about her at that point.

I can still befriend her. A shape shifting monstrosity who can be any age is a good friend to a genius inventor girl prodigy.

Honestly, I didn't mean to Sex her. I was just curious about her age since I wasn't sure if MGR was in 2018 or later.

I am quite busy with doing other stuff, but Sunny has Bladewolf, I like that dog. Gonna throw him a bone.

Mind you, now I have a reason Raiden wants me dead. Misunderstanding my relationship with Sunny, while all I want is Raiden's cyborg dickins

Can you two not?

Can you knot a knot?

Total up the other backgrounds to see how much they get for what they pay.

Nah, man, it's the homocidal cyborg ninja uncle you have to watch out for. The police will never even find you.

I thought she was born in 2007 and MGR happens in 2018?

>You're going to have to be much more specific.
It would be hard when you've done it multiple times, like you trying to kill a royal tree to use her as a mosaic.

Urethral sounding should be done sparingly, but yes.
Yes you can.
Remember to use a lot of lube.

Ignore him Bancho

Don't reply to yourself bro.

Huh. You're right. And yet I'm fairly certain her being 14 is her official age. Is Sunny a time traveler? Because I honestly wouldn't put that past Metal Gear.

I am not bancho

We have. The others are pretty much fine, and it's against that that I was comparing the amount of discounts the Heartless and Nobodies get.

At this point I *think* we're probably going to go with the proposed changes. I know that this won't please everyone, but I don't think it's possible to find a solution that actually would do that.

Honestly if she has the mental capacity to be an aerospace engineer she has the mental capacity to consent.

I am Spartacus.

That's not how it works and you know it.