Warhammer 40k General

Holy shit someone actually posted busty - edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nRjLv1L0WF8
games-workshop.com/en-US/Munitorum-Containers-Astra-Militarum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Let's start this general off with some bingo.. Free tile to come in the following post

I just finished this, first book I've read about Chaos. Really liked it, learned about siege warfare looking up some of the terms

Ending made me think of this song

youtube.com/watch?v=nRjLv1L0WF8

And the free tile is: BUSTY ROUGH RIDERS!

Read Priests of Mars if you want the rest of Hawkins story.

What was your last game like?

I played a 1000 point game against the Genecult with a Broodlord hunting pack against my Raven Guard/Inquisition. Unfortunately I lost, but it was still great fun.

So since I am finally getting around to building a Battle Company for my DA successors I was wondering about color schemes for the other 8 companies.

My Ravenwing and Deathwing are opposites but I have a have a third color that I use for both and was wondering if it was would be cool to do them all in White (the 3rd color) or some other random color.

As far as I can tell DW and RW don't wear Green besides some of their robes yet their Regular Dudes are all green.

>inb4 someone guesses the colour scheme

>tfw just realized that the Bolters mounted on the Box DLC can be used as pintle-mounted guns for my tenks. games-workshop.com/en-US/Munitorum-Containers-Astra-Militarum

Time to buy about three of them. At least.

And 4 Scions boxes.

And paints for the Scions and Box DLC.

It was a 250 point kill-team game against a Tau Player. He had 3 crisis suits, 1 broadside, and a single token fire-warrior named Mamoru, who was his team mascot.

I got tabled in 4 turns, without killing an single model.

I assumed he just died from cancer after being interrogated. Sometimes the implications are too grimdark

Give me their name, and I believe that I shall be able to correctly deduce their color scheme!

Is that series good? Book seems to have iffy reviews

Not him, but I myself love them, currently reading Priests of Mars.

Isn't that the first one?

SoB MSU Meltaspam vs Iron Hands Stormlance+Smashfucker/Librarius/Gravbiker deathstar. I lost, but nearly tabled him in the process. All he had left was Smashfucker himself and one tac marine hiding in a corner.

As a mechanicus novel? I loved it. As far as authors go, Grahamn Mchneil is a Sci-fi author first and foremost. He writes sci-fi'ish sci-fi. So it's very sciency, as a novel about an explorator fleet should be.

But it's also not terribly grimdark, and not all that exciting until nearly the end.

Also thought of this art. Any good iron warriors siege art?

Played a 1500 point game against Tyranids with my Grey Knights. It was a close game. He took double flyrants and a mawlock. I took 2 dreadknights and draigo. Ended up that he beat me 7-6 in victory points because I couldn't kill his flyrants with anything I had brought. In the end he had his 2 flyrants, I had draigo and 2 terminators. Next time I'll have my xiphon interceptor ready and hopefully it can kill at least one of them.

Jesus christ Tau players are faggots. How is that even a legal list? Not playing HoR?

This is all I got of iron warriors

stop with this DLC meme, its a fucking supplement

Version 8 is out now of the condensed rule sheet.

Also: still looking for that CSM Warbands PDF fandex thing. It was good shit, & I need it for a friend.

Yes.

I was playing Heralds of Ruin, and it was a completely legal list. He had one Crisis Shas'ui, 2 Crisis suits, and one broadside. So 1 leader, 1 core, and all 3 special slots.

Next time he pulls this kind of faggotry though, I should just counter it with my own faggotry team of 3 grav-centurions.

I can assist you.

The post was to get (You)'s. Congratulations on being the first retard to take the bait.

Ah Crisis HQ ok. Thats a bitch move though, cheesing kill team is as low as it gets.

Angels of Absolution have a bone white color scheme for their normal marines. They're like, Dark Angels with only half the autism. That's what I'm painting!

I like the cover of my copy more than that version of the cover

More IWs. I once thought I could crash threads with my Iron Warrior folder, but I was wrong.
Taufags are low as they come. News at a 11.
I like that style too.

Nah, it wasn't actually bait. I've been meaning to build up my IG force, and the 4 Scions boxes will let me use them as an army if I ever feel like it. More tanks is also good too.

'Course, I'm going to convert them into Cultists though. My friends let me use 30k rules, which means that I can have a sweet list involving massive hordes of fear causing 6+ FnP melee using infantry with WS 4 and 3 attacks base.

And I've always called them Box DLC.

Looking kinda Warmachine there.

Explain?

It's terribly annoying too, since he can just ID entire teams to death with more heavy weapons than any other faction can bring.

My kill-teams group plays with a homebrew that we call "Eternal Crusade" rules, whereby if a model is reduced to 0 wounds, you just set the model on its side, and another team member can use his shooting to instead pick up a teammate if he's in base contact. At the end of your turn, any model on it's side has to make a toughness save or be removed from the table. And if you're killed by instant death, you don't even set him over, because instant death obviously means instantly dead.

It makes games last roughly 45 minutes in our experience, and makes for more tacticool, teamworky gameplay

Literally first google result for "warmachine artwork"

That's Ferrix isn't it?

Hello Johnny, this is Jenny, over. Confirming order to kill them all, copy.

Same artist.
That's the filename I got when I downloaded it.

I'm pretty sure that image predates the warmachine cover by a few years.

Could be the same artist, though. I wouldn't doubt that.

I've actually liked some of the models Warmachine has done. Sure, a lot of it is overdesigned, but I have a attraction to them for some reason.

Why are there both Iron Hands and Iron Warriors

Why are there both Luna Wolves and Space Wolves.

Why are there both Dark Angels and Blood Angels?

Didn't the Emperor have like a mascot registration service or some shit?

I doubt that's Honsou. In the cover of the book they used that art for he's just a marine. Ferrix is always in Terminator armor

Hey look it's Angron!

what the fuck else are you gonna call a legion of space marines who cut their hands off and have robutt hands?

Ah shit Forrix not Ferrix. Something I was doing had the name Ferrix

Angels of Vindication

I wrote my own which I guess means twice the autism.

>Why are there both Iron Hands and Iron Warriors
Ferrus was found first, and Perty probably didn't know until later.
>Why are there both Luna Wolves and Space Wolves.
Moon Wolves got their names from attacking the moon.
>Didn't the Emperor have like a mascot registration service or some shit?
The legion named themselves.
Funny.

Writefag here. I've been mulling a story idea over in my head to tie into the whole Oath-Broken style CSM and wanted to write about some renegades who follow that whole "loot everything, even the bodies for supplies" mentality. Being the inspired sort I am in terms of gow the story reads I wanted to start with creating a loyalist chapter but I'm a little stuck on what to name my crusading fleet of Marines.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to pick a name that doesn't suck?

Why do people like warmachine again? It looks like a Caricaturized bastardization of 40k.

>Raven Guard
>Death Guard
>Thousand Sons
>Emperor's Children/Sons of Horus

What do they do? Any theme or style they draw from heavily?

It's for those annoying douches who are too much of a jock for warhammer fantasy but too much of a nerd for just sticking to football.

Because they originally weren't called that, user.

Originally, the Raven Guard, for example, were called the Dustwalkers. Corax then renamed them. As did every single chapter rename or get renamed. Luna Wolves became Sons of Horus after Ullanor.

The Emperor had much more original names when they formed, but they either earned the new names or were given them based on shit they did. Besides, the Emperor couldn't give a toss. He had a galaxy to conquer, not autistically change names to be super kewl, leave that shit to The Lion and Dorn.

It's OK, eventually once you reach enough autism it cancels out and youre a normal person again right? That's what I'm going for.

I like the little checker board scheme.
I hate the dreamscope sometimes.

Somehow, that's not an actual chapter. Good job.

Either Black with a Red trim, or Blue with some other color. Possibly Green or Black.

Hipsters and so you get threads like this to feel better bout yourself.

Crusading fleet who specializes in lighting strikes to the enemy's command chain usually through use of Assault Marines and Drop Pods.

Basically cut off the head and rip out the heat and before destroying the body.

We have a Mechanicum dude who powergames in our 40k/Kill Team group. He got ostracized for like a year from our 1850 games. I think he's got 2 games since last summer.
We just started a HoR campaign a few weeks ago. Fluff heavy, everyone built + painted new stuff except him. He showed up with the cheesiest list he could, and in his first game he was instantly called out for going 30 points over.

Waac fags just cant help themselves. I cant stand the fat fuck, and I ridiculed his horrible painting skills, fatness, etc. - until he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I dont like him.

Why the Iron fists of course... Wait a minute.

the cost of maintaining these vehicles is too damn high.jpg

I like it because the rules are better. Both games are fun though in different ways. I'm also thinking of getting into Kings of War if I can find people who play.

Oh shit thats hilarious. Based Grishnak.

Still better than Black Templars and White Templars. And...wait for it...RED Templars!

It poaches disgruntled GW customers, and ultra-jaded tabletop guys.

It was used for robots.

How posable are knights? I always see them in the same stance every time. Could you have them kneeling or leaping forward or w/e?

isn't me. I am guessing it is someones meme because I spent a few months reposting old pics of my army. Also wrote a bunch of fluff for them too.

The color scheme was chosen long ago. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Requires heavy cutting and cable extensions.

user, there is a warband called Gladiator Group 138, and a chapter named The Nameless. Don't make fun of the Templars.

Yeah but you'll have to do some cutting on the legs. The knee joints are the only part that will require moderate modeling skills.

everything is poseable, except for the legs

converting the legs isn't impossible, there's more than a few guides online

have you ever seen someone playing a model with evidence of it being hotglued previously?

The hands have some surprise bits of articulation, as does the hips. The legs will require cutting however.

Nice.

>dotamajor
>reddit

Your insults are all invalid, kiddo.

At least I play an army painted.

>DA are Chaos Memes
*yawns*

I inspect all my opponent's miniatures with a blacklight before my games.

So I am getting some metal models in that I need to strip. I have a sandblaster I use for blasting rifles at work. Could I use that instead of chemicals for stripping? Or is that too harsh for these models?

My White Scars friend uses hot glue for "dynamically" posed Landspeeders and Bikers.

They look cool and angels and doing wheelies but he did say he burnt his fingers a bunch doing it.

ask slaanesh.com

Shit man I just want to watch you do it but no that is a god awful idea. You will obliterate anything that resembles details.

user, you missed the point. Hot gluing is something you do to slaanesh models.

Why do some weapons have tubes extending to the armor? Extra power source?

i like to think its like the wiimote but connected to your back

Miniatures are soft tin and pewter. They aren't hardened steel like weapons. Miniatures bend with a simple push of a finger. Weapons withstand the extreme heat of a forge or explosion.

I mean its really fucking fine sand and I use it all the time on metal with finely sketched etching, but I have never tried it on pewter. Just seeing if anyone else has done it.

Usually this is only on Terminator armor and weapons, or the heaviest power armor weapons like Thunder Hammers. It's because the large weapon requires more power than a small integrated power supply would generate.

Power cables.

>muh innocence

Quick! Tell us your OCDONUTSTEEL Chapter names!

>Space Marines
Sanguinary Angels

>Adepta Sororitas
Order of the Flaming Rose
Order of the Golden Lily For my magical realm fantasies, not that the one above isn't

>Ad Mech
Hephaestax Prime

I did lots of fluff for them in my head, but it's autism mode already, plus Veeky Forums has regular said that it's 'for faggots' to make up their own fluff and nobody gives a shit, both when you game and on here.

Guess you are right. Doesn't hurt to ask before I go and fuck up royally on some $50 models.

>feeble claws
>they're supposed to be able to rip through terminator armour like butter
>AP5
accurate

>Sanguinary Angels

Really nigger? Do you have an Ultramarine successor named Azure Astartes too?

That guy's work is awful, and a perfect example of why CSM fandexes fail.

> Space Marines
Godslayers. A whole chapter of space marines that goes into battle with centurion suits. Including the dreadnoughts and captains. They specialize in hunting down titans, usually with extreme number of casualties.