Kingdom Death: Monster

Ain't seen one of these in awhile. Our gaming group has been playing with print out cards and bootleg rule books. After buying the sun stalker Xpac, I couldn't deal with playing a nigger rigged version so I bit the bullet and bought one online.

So many questions!

1) Is it even worth magnetizing shit? I hear it makes the models look like tarded action figures, but it would be cool to be able to switch out weapons.

2) How many of you have dared to paint anything?

3) Should I definitely get card sleeves?

4) What home-brew rules have you made? I see a lot of tweaking for Plague events and Survival of the fittest online.

5)Why aren't there regular KD threads? Is everyone too busy playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
pastebin.com/TTyca2Vs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone lick their Sunstalker's Pee pee?

1) I magnetized a few, its alright. I don't care tok much to keep doing it.

2) I did, will post later. its not good. pls forgive when I post.

3) Probably.

4) We add murder and plague later on and also we kind of roleplay our characters. In the first fight since no on knew how to speak we mimed. not a houserule but surprisingly fun.

5) I think there's just not much to talk about, I wish there were more threads.

Nope.

Also has anyone heard or seen any of the male pin ups? or ANY new models?

>1) Is it even worth magnetizing shit? I hear it makes the models look like tarded action figures, but it would be cool to be able to switch out weapons.
It takes a ton kf time, you need to line up magnets gor particularly tiny parts to get enough force to get them to adhere, and it doesn't look quite as good as a pi ished product. As you said, though, it does allow for real-time gear representation, which is really cool on paper.

>2) How many of you have dared to paint anything?
I've been trying. Happy with flower knight and white lion, but the dbk, phoenix, and spidicules have me stumped. I am resigned to the fact that I will never be happy with how I paint the butcher, as the sculpt is my least favorite.

>3) Should I definitely get card sleeves?
It will cost you, and you won't have room for everything in the original insert, but it keeps the cards pretty. Given how often you sort them or shuffle them, it's a good investment.

>4) What home-brew rules have you made? I see a lot of tweaking for Plague events and Survival of the fittest online.
Phoenix aging someone out of existence doesn't archive all their gear. We rule it as they age to dust, and their stuff falls to the ground around where they once stood. Losing 9 pieces of really good gear is absolutely gut-wrenching. Call us babies, but it doesn't seem to ckme up often enough to ve that big of an issue.

>5)Why aren't there regular KD threads? Is everyone too busy playing?
Niche product. People mostly talk about hype for new products from KD. At this point, the few people that have the game and post here have pretty much exhausted much of what they have to say, so there aren't many threads anymore. If we get new expansion news, such as Lantern Festival, or the ringtail fox expansion, expect to see more regular threads for a while.

Have
>Dragon King
>Lion God
>Gorm

What two or three expansions should we get next? I am thinking one Nemesis and one Quarry, so probably Slenderman and then either Spidicules or Sunstalker. But all the Knights look so cool too. Any suggestions on which expansion is the best that we don't already have?

Man, slender man is the coolest shit. Love the lore, the model and the idea he can poof in the middle of battle and shrek your ass.

Makes me curious why his and the other xpacs AI cards were never put online like their rulebooks were

Flower knight is really enjoyable as a fight, and the cello and bow are worth trying to make.

Overall, though, dung beetle knight has excellent rewards, pretty good gear, great tactics cards, and you can tell Poots poured his love into that expansion.

Lion knight is a nemesis fight on a set time schedule every 2 years. He doesn't give much in the way of victory rewards, but with some luck you can get neat fighting art, or hybrid armor sets out of his side stuff. Also, he is a special showdown, so he doesn't eat up a lantern year hunt slot.

No idea on spidicules. Going to try it this weekend, I hope. Gear looks pretty good, and the fight looks neat. Lots of swarming, hit and run, and trying to kill it fast before you get carpeted by spiderlings.

I reaaally like Manhunter.

Here's a fresh link to the MEGA folder.
mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

>1) Is it even worth magnetizing shit? I hear it makes the models look like tarded action figures, but it would be cool to be able to switch out weapons.
On anything with a 3x3 base or larger, pinning/magnetizing is practically a must for transportation.

>2) How many of you have dared to paint anything?
I don't intend to ruin the models with my inexperienced painting skills. They actually do look nice unpainted still, and details very readable in combination of the plastic's color and reflective level.

>3) Should I definitely get card sleeves?
Depends on how often you play. Vibrant Lantern has sleeve suggestions for all sized materials, big and small.

>4) What home-brew rules have you made? I see a lot of tweaking for Plague events and Survival of the fittest online.
Slowly working on an enchanted walking stone sarcophagus for one of my player's survivors named Tankred. (he's endured a lot during that campaign)

>5)Why aren't there regular KD threads? Is everyone too busy playing?
There simply isn't much to talk about at this point that demands frequent threads, such as generals. When someone wants to talk, they'll make a thread and are bound to get replies to it.

There's a large difference between taking rough photos of the rule books and scanning every card. I personally am not in a situation where I can set up my scanner, and I don't even have most of the expansion anyway. (Dragon King sold out way before I had a chance to afford it. I cry every time)

Lion God is the worst expansion, sorry you wasted money on it.

All the Knights are good, and DBK is basically required purchase for anyone considering getting expansions. Flower and DBK are both Quarries, while Lion Knight is a Nemesis(kinda).

If you get Manhunter and FlowerKnight, you get the tools to make the hilarious Acanthus Angel build.

Have the monster hunt event cards ever been scanned?

They seem to be the only thing that cannot be found in the folders. All the expansions seem to be present even just not the event cards for any of the monsters.

The random ones from the table in the corebook have some interesting things so I'd like to take a look at the rest.

Core game>Standard sized cards>Monster>Hunt>Lion/Antelope/Phoenix

Monster decks for the expansions haven't been scanned. See

My gf has been working on painting and making terrain.

Barbie and baby head terrain.

Tall Grass

We've been tweaking some rules and making some of the innovations better. She also made a new settlement paper that lists a lot more shit.

I'm running a People of the Stars campaign with literally every event and nemesis except Hand and Kingsman, all expansions.

My players have complained that there's too much going on. I told them to harden the fuck up, because we have a god to kill.

My only regret is puexhaling Lion God- he will be showing up so late, and from the book has so little content, that I doubt I'll be able to convince the group to fight him more than once.

On top of that, he's my least favorite model, and that includes the Butcher with his oddly curved cleavers boring stance.

There's no reason to beat the Lion God more than once, and no more than level1. Plate and Statue just aren't worth the trouble, and the tats are generally crap for how much you have to risk to get them.

Evasion is too valuable to sacrifice, while strength has many means to be upgraded. By the time you can down a Lion God, you might not even be using much fur gear or even pounce.

The game needs some more play testing. Multiple hit weapons are always beaten by zanbatos and dragon slayers

Chainsaws sometimes are more useful, and there are times when you need to rapidly dig through the HL deck.

LaughingSuperdenseLocation.jpeg

I lost one dragonslayer to that. Never again will I try and cheese Devastate.

The other advantage is that resource generation and survivor buffs key off of hit locations, so the more you flip he better your chances for more resources in less time.

If you play with Gorm and the Flower Knight, you can stack luck bonuses like a madman.

I'm in the process of getting sleeves for my cards, but should I sleeve settlement events?

Should I instead get a postercard book to store them in and treat it like a roll chart? (rolling with a d3and d10 for 1-30?)

Apparently it's hard to find a one-per-page postcard album that's also in portrait format, so the next best thing seems to be one-per-page 4"x6" photo albums. I'll use the excess space to put in page numbers, starting with 0. (occupied by The First Day, and any rolls of 0-0 will just be a reroll.)

I really dig this antelope and the terrain.

Any painted models?

bump

In case anyone was wondering the amounts of cards that needed sleeves, here's a list for you. Pastebinned because Veeky Forums hates indention formatting.

pastebin.com/TTyca2Vs

Anyone know of some plastic skulls about the size of the Gorm's head?

Fuck this game seems so cool, too bad it's so damn expensive

It's about the price of three or four people to start getting into Warhammer.

I just wish some of the expansions were priced better. Manhunter is one small model that comes with three heads and three guns for survivors on the sprue; its sprue is smaller than half-size. (about the size of two pinup sprues) It only comes with a measly 5 gear cards(all unique), in general has among the least play cards, and has no accessories otherwise.

No reason for it to have been $60 when the other $60 expansions had so much more content. (including weight)

I still sort of regret not getting a manhunter when I had the chance. Though I'm only really missing out on part of the acanthus Doctor build, which only ever works on one survivor anyway.

Maybe they'll have some restocks when new expansions go up.

A board gamer isn't really in the same market mentality as a wargamer, let alone a 40k abuse victim. This game being incredibly expensive so far has only really served to drive the elitism up, the criticism down and make everyone who owns it feel lonely in their ability to find others who own it and talk about it.

I've played on TTS and KD:M was pretty good (I gave it a 7 on bgg). It wasn't mind-blowing by any account and certainly isn't worth the price point. In fact, I was completely blown away at first and then it slowly dawned on me how untested this game was and how the designers had zero (not "little", not "a bit") grasp of probability. So the lack of proper mathing really brought it down from a 10. Obviously if you pay that much, you can easily tweak the game to keep the feelings of helplessness but not have laughably unintentional probabilities like 1/100 to do something mundane. But it takes a lot of time to overhaul so many tables and cards.

I split it three ways when it was 300, I still think it was worth it.

>has only really served to drive the elitism up, the criticism down and make everyone who owns it feel lonely in their ability to find others who own it and talk about it.

Cool projecting, but sorry for your situation. If you actually frequent these threads, you'll see that the game receives plenty of criticism and most people are pretty damned chill about the game. Most people realize that this game didn't get as much playtesting as it should have, Poots even has admitted such before. That's why the FAQ page is so large and why he's working on an update to the rules. The elitism you see are a vocal minority or sometimes people just trolling a thread. (as with most hobbies)

>A board gamer isn't really in the same market mentality as a wargamer, let alone a 40k abuse victim.

The models for this game were the biggest draw, and why it sold to begin with; that's why warhammer is comparable. If you want a more marketed comparison, we can use D&D, since KDM is more of a TTRPG than a boardgame. $150 for the three basic books, $16 for each random boosterpack of 4 models, $60 per bossmonster model, about $15 for each set of RPG dice... You're at over $300 if you get essential books, 12 models, a bbeg, and 4 sets of RPG dice.

Luxury hobbies are expensive. KDM only seems expensive because of kneejerk initial reactions to it's full-package pricetag. (For which, when compared to either wargames or TTRPGs, it's still a superior deal cost-to-contents)

Considering the amount of "stuff" you get in the box, its less insane than you'd think. Though I would still believe Poots priced himself out of the market. But considering the amount of cards of varying sizes and minis its less crazy at retail. (scalper price is beyond insane though)

>Cool projecting
Would only apply to people who own the game. And all I've ever seen from these threads were pre-release when people sucked its dick relentlessly and bitched at anyone giving any criticism.