/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Far Shores Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except KINMUNE and Pelinal please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Word_Wall
imperial-library.info/content/nords-lack-creation-myth
provincecyrodiil.project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1146
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sovngarde>Hall of Valor

Do we know anything about the afterlife of other races?

Did you just change the general rules about waifus and husbandos?

You know that the Hall of Valor is in Sovngarde, right?

It was Vehk and Vehk before that, and these two are robots, so it's a joke.

Something, something Argonians Hist, something, something Avatar.

I meant Sovngarde>Far Shores

I got a brainfart as I made my post

thanks sheogorath

Now paint a Guar

Stop the exploitation of Resdayn, join House Dagoth.

Do you milk drinkers know about motherfucking YSGRAMOR?

Ebony is the blood of lorkhan. Ysgramor cried ebony tears after the falmer raided Saarthal. Ysgramor is a shezarrine. His tears were used to forge Wuuthrad, which makes it a lorkhanic artifact. It's also enchanted by Ahzidal.

Look at his statue and how he holds Wuuthrad. You can also find his shield in his tomb, which looks hilariously oversized on the player character. The player can't use both his axe and his shield because the axe is two-handed and huge. Ysgramor's statue is life-size, and he was able to use both Wuuthrad and his shield.

According to ''Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus'', Ysgramor was nearly turned into an elf by Hermaeus Mora, who took the shape of a hare, but a fox (Shor) saves him, and warns him about elven trickery. This was in Atmora, before Ysgramor had met any elves at all. Shor destined him to go on elf killing sprees before he even knew what they were.

I wish we had more info on this guy, especially about his meetings with Hermaeus Mora.

I love the drawings in some of the books in TES games, wish it was more common.

>lore thread ESO edition

:)

He was a cool guy, a shame his axe is sitting in a chest...

where's that?

Oh, I see...

You know what's odd? Read up 'special flora of Tamriel'.

Some of the plants mentioned actually appear in other provinces. It's not too unusual to have plants appear in multiple provinces, but Ironwood Nut is supposed to appear in Skyrim but only does so in Oblivion.

I thought that Ironwood Nut is held by the LDB.

You thinks the rings in his armor number 500, one for every companion? Maybe even handcrafted by each of them for him to wear?

Was the ironwood in Oblivion even actually hard as iron or was it just reduced to generic tree with cool name?
As for why there isn't any ironwood in skyrim, maybe they cut it all down for weapons and armor, like icelanders did with their trees

What is the Eye of Magnus?

Mistranslation
Its actually the ball of Magnus
Magicka is his jizz

Makes sense, the 'staff' of Magnus stabilizes its power, i.e. relieves the stress of the full ball by jizzing some out.

Is there anything in TES that ISNT sexual?

And then members of the Psijic order whisk it away to their magical realm.

DEEPEST
LORE

Don't forget that Ancano wants to draw power from it and when he succeeds there's a huge explosion and there's nasty magicka all over Winterhold.

These magic anomalies do have a familiar shape.

ESO had some good concept art, too bad ZMO didn't follow through with it.

They never actually appeared in-game beyond the nuts. There were shrubs named ironwood in filenames, but they were probably unrelated. Real ironwood is fairly strong though, it makes good handles for things like axes and picks.

only in the same sense that there's '7000' steps up to High Hrothgar

OC?

Some interesting stuff to be found in the translations of word walls: uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Word_Wall

That's pretty comfy actually. Here's some of Skyrim's concept art, shame that imperial armor turned out to be generic roman.

What does scrib jerky taste like?

>Tundra cotton is used to make clothes
>No cotton farms anywhere in Skyrim
c'mon now

Iron shield concept art. The right one was used for the steel shield, the other two were left unused.

Quite a shame cause I really like the left one.

Unused map markers, some of the hold capitals we know as underwhelming would've had castles.

Skyrim has so much lost potential.

Hell, that would've been good for the Stormcloaks even, rather than just blue town guard armor.

I was wondering, where do Nords really originate from?

Were they really breathed onto the Throat of the World by Kyne? Did they descend from Nedes? Or from Atmorans? Or a combination of sorts?

As far as I know, the whole shouting aspect of Nords is not present in Atmorans (correct me if I'm wrong though), and Atmorans might've been giants if we use Ysgramor's statue, axe and shield for reference.

I guess, but I really liked how Adam Adamowicz made imperial armor that fit the region. Legionnaires in Skyrim aren't foreign invaders, they're locally recruited soldiers. You combine dragon symbolism (the helmet) with nordic furs.

Would've been nice if the stormcloaks actually looked like a rebellion, having mismatched pieces of armour with a blue sash or something, instead of everyone having uniforms.

>didnt follow through

Of all the things to hate in that game the visual design isnt the thing as far as im concerned.

Pictured: recent Cyrodiil/Black Marsh border mini zone.

I've not gotten any of the DLC or to end game, I've just been pretty disappointed with what I've seen for the provinces so far being Highrock, Hammerfell, Morrowind, and the border of Blackmarsh and Morrowind. compared to some of these pictures. However that screenshot does look rather nice.

pretty sure thats not an ESO concept since its quite obviously Seyda Neen.

Personally i realy like the way stonefalls is done in ESO but i can agree with Hammerfell and High Rock save for Rivenspire which has a nice Alpine vibe to it.

The Zones from the provinces we havent been too: well youll gonna be disappointed one way or another. Auridon doesnt have insect wings and Black Marsh didnt have thousands of different kinds of argonians.

Its these places that were never truly meant to be visited.

However i feel that with the DLCs recently theyve gotten better.

Full disclosure i actually play the damn thing.

inb4 shill, but then again this isnt /v/

Gold Coast looks pretty much the same as it does in Oblivion just that they actually made it look mediteranean which as far as im concerned is an improvement over the way Oblivion made everything in Cyrod NotBritain

They also have fleshed out Minotaurs and made it clear that they are the offspring of Perrif and Morihaus (or Belharza more sepcifically) rather than "Remnants from when TES was a DnD campaign"

Hews bane was small but it was befitting for the thieves guild.
Personally i would have prefered them to be less Arabian about it but lets face it: No american company will ever base anything off of actual sub saharan culture.

Wrothgar imo was the best out of the bunch so far.
They actually included some bits from PGE1 including the "Shaggy centipedal herdbeast" pic related and went full out with the Trinimac thing.
They had some orcs worship trinimac and actually had a civil war between people thinking Trinimac is seperate from Malacath and those that remain faithfull to the daedric prince.

In general it looked like Mongolian Swizerland and i got no problem with that.

>pretty sure thats not an ESO concept since its quite obviously Seyda Neen.
I reverse searched it, and it came up as oblivion concept art, however that is obviously not the case either. It looks like the same art style as the other pictures, so I'm under the assumption it's for ESO, however you could be right.

Why did ESO bomb anyway? The single player games are so popular, did the curse of Warcraft strike again?

The single-player games are popular because mods and power fantasy.

It had a bad launch and a paid subscription. Now people don't want to play it because they've heard too many bad things about it. It's not bad, it's just an MMO before an Elder Scrolls game, and people expected it to be tes 6 skrim online.

Did it bomb?

Its hard to tell with MMos these days becuse MMOs in general are stagnating.

I feel like there are quite a few people playing it for the single player content in the DLCs and for the PvP.

Obviously there is no big raiding scene or anything like that.

Anyone else hoping Bethesda uses the dragonbreak excuse for the next title? I want some screwy timelines damn it

They're a bunch of jews and acted as such, with the worst model I've ever seen; 60 bucks for the base game, Imperial Edition garbage, subscription and cash shop, I was amongst the haters and enjoyed every bit of bad news we got about it.

It seems their jew side is showing again, so we'll see what happens.

most of /tgesg/ don't think so, but I see it as the best way to explain the Civil War dichotomy.

or do what happened to the oblivion crisis in skyrim; don't mention that shit

1) They were "created" on Tamriel, the Wandering Ehlnofey who followed Shor during the War of Manifest Metaphors. Depending on the myth this is because they were breathed to life by Kyne at the Throat. After the war (Convention) those who left for Atmora would return to become the Nords and those that stayed were the Nedes. Either way, the Nords have no creation myth.

2) Like the Ra'Gada the Atmorans could be remnants from another kalpa, the Return and the 500 being their Warrior Wave. Either way, the Nords have no creation myth.

The Atmoran's could shout, or at least references to the thu'um appear in songs of the Return.

Yeah, they were probably giant.

>the Nords have no creation myth.
But what does it mean? That they dont bother remembering? That they were never actually "created"?
Or is it "creation myth" as in the creation of the world?

imperial-library.info/content/nords-lack-creation-myth

That text is the reason I ask because he just rambles about "our tales and gods made us and they were before but they not here now and drunk" and it just makes me more confused

Okay, basically,

>kalpas
>Everyone is right

It's about them and the creation of the world, because those are the same thing.

well then
Thats a roundabout way to tell basically what everyone and their mum knows

>...but that's so obvious as to offend your own navel, which is to say, wasting the time of even wasting time

So I'm just starting a game set in High Rock roughly 15 years after the events of Skyrim. (No one knows really how much time passed because I'm saying a Dragon Break happened when Alduin was defeated)

I'm trying to create a sandbox for my players with only a vague main quest for them to follow that involves various competing factions wanting to kick the Thalmor out of High Rock, specifically the Direnni Tower.

I'm using UESRPG and my three players (Breton spellsword, Nord knight, and Altmer nightblade) rolled up Star Cursed signs and I'm thinking I can use that as a prophecy angle. Maybe no simply confined to the main story in High Rock because we all intend to go to different provinces.

I'm thinking in the future I'll have them go to Summerset or Thras and the Thalmor or the Sload will be the ultimate enemies. I've been thinking of using KINMUNE ("leading" the Thalmor) as the ultimate background villain but that's not a for sure thing.

>KINMUNE ("leading" the Thalmor)
That's cool. It's suggested first that she went to go check out Tiber's Cyrod, then it was implied she was actually what's her name, the Altmer princess from ESO. Then something else? Kinmune's worn a lot of minds.

That's what I'm going to do, She might even have the mind imprint of Hjalti Early-Beard or Zurin Arctus stored in that robobrain somewhere? The way I've arraigned it in my head is that in the aftermath of the fall of the Second Dominion Queen Aryenn/KINMUNE "became" unwillingly the Stone for the Crystal Tower (there were others before her I guess?). During the Oblivion Crisis the Tower was knocked down which freed her. She promptly took over the nascent Thalmor organization and has been running it from the background ever since. (this probably doesn't fully make sense or sounds stupid, which is why I'm unsure I will use it)

BBEG KINMUNE's motivations have been hard for me to figure out. Does she want to go forward to return to her timeline's 9th era? Maybe she just wants to go back into space to mine rocks? I suppose if she's insane then there's probably no point in trying to figure out motive.

Her motivation is not fresh in my mind outside of the original story.

Her goals must align with the Thalmor if she's leading them, that goal being the dissolution of the Mundus. Maybe a nascent mind imprinted on her is assuming direct control of the apparatus, if you catch my drift.

Otherwise, she might be better off as a "secret weapon" of the Thalmor, one that probably backfires.

Well that's because timeskip.

A yes, the secret weapon angle occurred to me too. The text KINMUNE says she wants to become more than just a puppet. Perhaps that's what the Thalmor have been using her as this whole time. Like a great magical supercomputer that can calculate almost any outcome for them. But she is powerful and her influence runs deep, and despite being a puppet now she will one day be the one controlling the strings.
I think traveling to Aetherius and kicking Alduin's ass is a reasonable cause for a Dragon Break.

Why can't I equip a magical item from the quickslot menu in Morrowind?

>KINMUNE, shoot Talos from heaven.
>I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

What do we know about differences between Colovian and Nibenese culture?

Post Cyrodiil related art btw, I haven't got any.

>implying Ysgramor isn't a near completely mythical figure whose deeds were mostly fabricated or accumulated from tales of other Nordic heroes by Harald Hand-Free and his Archmagus Gauldur and recorded in history thusly with the birth of the Nordic written language (also attributed to Ysgramor) so that Harald could claim lineage and therefore build up the acclaim and grandeur necessary to justify his conquest and rulership of all Nords.

Have you considered the possibility that you're just retarded?

There are HUGE differences. The Nibenese have a hindu vibe, very religious, lots of colorful costumes, spicy food, big on scholarship. The Colovians are more like feudal Europeans, with smaller settlements, more of a "frontier" vibe, and more earthy folkish religious practises.

Colovia is rugged and has stupid hats. Nibenay is superior and full of high class civilized merchant folks.

d-delete this

You could say the same about everyone from Tiber to Reman, but at least the Nords won't deny it.

>Nordic Fur & Turd Helmet

It's like a paste.
Well, actually no, it is a paste.

Thread about Nibenese fashions
provincecyrodiil.project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1146

For what reason? It's there on its spot, but when I tap "8", nothing happens.

All those dropped links.

Colovians are descended from Cyro-Nordic sea raiders who eventually settled to form their own nations. They idolize strength and martial prowess and therefore traditionally make up the bulk of Cyrodiils legions. They also tend to romanticize Nordic culture, viewing Skyrim as sort of the heart of human civilization, and therefore take up many Nordic practices including some of their religious traditions, especially the idea of Nordic hero-worship. They seem to be much more devoutly connected to their traditional pantheons than their Nibenese cousins, with this, and their fondness of independence, shielding them from the spread of the Alessian Order in the early first era. This also resulted in the foundation of their confederacy (the Colovian Estates) which lead to the more traditionally isolated Colovian cultures forming their own common Colovian identity.
The Nibenese are a Cyro-Nordic culture that grew out of the Nordic Empire's occupation of Nibenay in the early first era. Through trade, the region eventually grew to become so economically and culturally self-sufficient that they merely fell out of the hands of the Nords and became their own sovereign people. With the growth of the Alessian Order, religious laws forbidding certain forms of domestication saw to the growth of a promising merchant class which came to dominate the region. This and magical practices inherited from the Ayleids lead to the creation of the Nibenese mercantile-Magocracies which traditionally govern the region. The Nibenese people have prospered so much that they have become what many people see as the cultural heart of Cyrodiil. Above all the Nibenese uphold intellectualism as their greatest strength and many dedicate themselves to philosophical and theological pursuits. While this has lead to the development of myriad of varying religious cults and sects in which has become a staple of Nibenese culture, they do not view themselves as being particularly devout people.

Equal if not more importance should be placed on the Alessian revolution of the Nedic tribes in addition to early Nordic influence when charting Nibenese history.

It's hard to really type out everything when Veeky Forums gives you 2000 character limit
But basically, the Colovians are of a more traditionally Nedic stock but like to think of themselves as Nords, while the Nibenese have a lot of Nordic blood in them but like to think of themselves as the last upholders of Nedic culture.
Both groups are actually quite separate from the original Cyrodiilic Nedes. Neither of the groups were even a thing until the Nords became another factor in Cyrodiil (which was during the Alessian Slave Revolt).
The Colovians themselves had actually displaced a lot of the indigenous Nedes when they settled in the West.

You still need to cast the enchantment, it's no different than putting spells in there.

Yeah, that's true. From the perspective of the modern Nibenese, even if the birth of the Empire was Pelinal and Morihaus in White-Gold their genealogy still has its subtleties.

What mod

I know, but it doesn't get displayed, the spell I had slotted is still there, it's like if I didn't pressed the key to slot it.

Do it and the Dragon Break will immediately transform from an interesting subtly introduced concept into complete asspull that will remove the impact of every decision you make in future games.

>future games.
well you cant keep using it every time, but in case of skyrim it makes sense, slapping Alduin and preventing him from ending a kalpa could send some serious ripples through reality

Like others have said, you beat a literal aspect of Aka in Aetherius, and that is something that I would honestly be surprised to not see a Dragon Break from. I don't want them to become a regular thing, but it makes total sense for it to occur during the events of Skyrim.

Nah.

They've used a dragon break to wrap up the multiple endings of a game once: the time it was created. Anything else would do what the poster above said.

Not really, there was no "don't kill aldiun option" so the dragon break wouldn't fit.

Maybe something for the civil war, but I doubt it.

I imagine like any poultry based jerky.

Do you have an answer or you're just retarded?

>insult them that will get them to help
I wasn't the guy who called you retarded. I think I figured out why it's not working for you, but if you're going to be rude I'm just going to keep it to myself.