Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Power Farming Edition
Causality ratio Sub-Edition
In the last bread the Assassins making an appearance in the game and causality ratios were asked, we continued the discussion on the League of Extraordinary Characters, an Australian basketball playing Word Bearer trumpeter made an appearance, the meme on why the Ultras are traitors was explained along with why can't there be loyalist Justaerian, an user told us about meeting an irl Leandros, jetbikes are expensive, we learned about bills and scythes, Mortarion was actually a farmer and much more Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-136
youtube.com/watch?v=1hxonfpfuTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn Ultramarines, stop trying to have more golden eagles than me REEEEEEEE!

If older artwork is anything to go by Custodes will get axes too.

There has been a huge misunderstanding here, cousin. Let me axe you a question. They're pretty stylish, legatinite?

I don't know if I should be sorry for my horrible attempt at a pun, or for making you ree more.

>Dude, come on, surely it's my turn to have the axe, and you have to fight with the piece of paper. How about we swap?
>No.

To follow up on the loyalist justaerin/deathshroud/wordbearers thing from last thread, come round, take a seat, and admit the 30k lorerape you've either committed or intend to commit. It's not like anyone in these threads will get triggered by your funky ideas, after all.
I plan to do a traitor death guard army because I like tough bastards that don't give up and poison. But I plan to paint them up as dusk raiders because I really like their colour scheme and am not a fan of the death guard one.
For added fun, I may add Mortarion to this force...
...and paint him in Dusk Raiders colours as well.

Ah the old days of 40k, where the Imperium and Chaos were nearly indistinguishable from one another

I want to see Morty in DR colors.

Loyalist Deathshrouds are an absolute no-no. They were Mortarion's closest dudes, I can't see any of them possibly straying from their Primarch.

If I ever do it, I'll post him here. Won't be anytime soon though (he wouldn't be the first thing I get for this army, and if/when I do get him I'll be taking my time with the mini).

I'll wait for ya. What do you plan on getting first?

Well, I want to do the army in Mk III, with lots of breachers. So currently waiting to see what's in the mystical sequel to BaC, as it'd be a bummer to buy a load of resin shortly before that armour mark appeared in cheaper plastic. If said box doesn't have plastic Mk III then no worries, I'll crack on with getting some resin breacher and Mk III heavy weapon squads together.

That sounds good to me. Just when is that squeal coming out anyway? Any probable dates from the rumors?

Sad Panda (who's incredibly reliable) has said Fall 2016, but nothing more specific.

Considering that we got BaC in November and leaked pics of sprues in August, we may be not too far off.

I just hope this mew one doesn't replace BaC, as I'd like for them both to be available by October for my birthday.

I would like to get into HH eventually (As my 4th army), i'm looking towards Alpha Legion
Mainly because i just bought 2 sets of those AL dice from FW and i've enjoyed almost all of their fluff. That and thanks to some user here, i now know how to paint them.

Any tips, links or ideas to educate me on what to by as a "core" force?
Thanks

Forgeworld only sells the Javelin attack speeder right? So if I wanted to use a regular Land Speeder I'd use the plastic 40k kit?

I had the same problem. Moving to another country with worse prices, so I had to cash in and buy BaC before moving, in order to not have to panic-buy it and lose money.

BaC is always a safe bet to start nowadays.

Here, have a step by step pic of AL paintings. Not mine though.

That's the exact pic that helped me make up my mind last week
God bless that user

Same here.

Pretty sure that user unwillingly sent several of us towards Alpharius' arms. Or was it Omegon's?

Why are SoH the only legion to not have legion specific wargear or upgrades?

There's the Cataphractii Primus that comes to my mind first.

Hail Hydra

Thats a relic though isn't it?

Don't they get banestrike rounds?

That's a whole lot of GUILLIMAN blue for the Alpha Legion there

That they do.

They do have banestrike which the Alpha Legion also have (and made) and can get it on heavy bolters.

That's, like, alphageometrical dude

Did Justaerin and all wear black when they were the Luna Wolves? I want them to contrast with the rest of my army.

Yes

Tell me why I should like Night Lords, in fluff and tabtetop.

Read ADB's Night Lord Trilogy - you'll love them or hate them
Curze is effectively /pol/, so see above

Snarky Atheists and Criminals is basically what the NL are in 40k

>recommending ADB
>ever

Wow, that sure is a lot of eagles, and the best painted models I've ever seen. You could say they are...perfect.
kek

wing helmets

Isn't he one of the better ones?

>muh daddy issues
>muh strong womyn protagonists

No.

Apart from that, his writing is bloody perfect for 40k though.
It is properly Epic, awe-inspiring.
Compared to the bland descriptive style of Abnett, he's miles above.

I like Abnett's storytelling, but holy shit does he go overboard describing his characters' outfits.

How bad could it be? I've read a little of Ravenor and Eisenhorn before but I can't remember it all.

graham mcneil is the worst
>random women inserted just for the sake of grrrl power
>random brown 'people' even though they dont exist in 40k
>everybody has sandnigger names
>homosexual writing style 'his whole body was pulsating' type shit
absolute garbage tier

The only instance I actually remember specifically, and is the one that made me start looking for it more, is in Eisenhorn when they're in a hotel room or something getting ready to try and blend in with the mutant subculture in a hive world (or something like that, it's been a long time since I've read it) and he tells you the colors and materials and some details of Eisenhorn's shirt, pants, coat, and even his shoes maybe. There's a couple instances in Legion, too.

I finished another HH book.

I've read:
>Fulgrim
>The First Heretic
>A Thousand Sons
>Know no Fear (didn't finish it, i got bored)
>Angel Exterminatus
>Betrayer
>Various short stories

What to read next?
I like Emperor's Children and Word Bearers mostly, and in general the point of view of traitors.

That pulsating bit fits with Slaaneshis, user. That's all I'm saying.
>Abnett hasn't finished the other series yet because he is writing a story that involves the Emperor
>he's taking too much time writing everything the Emperor has worn in his nearly 50,000 year life

Vengeful Spirit is probably worth a read.

The First Heretic.

Try Horus Rising, user.

>but holy shit does he go overboard describing his characters' outfits.
>he doesn't like Thonius

Seriously, what does he have against the Emperor?

I would've loved Talon of Horus if it wasn't for that.

Some people say he's taking his daddy issues out on Emps, some might say he's too much of a Chaosfag, but some people say it's both. Me? I think he needs several cans of pic related.

I need Beaversor.

>>some nutcase was with us in her house
>>nutcase died for some reason but screamed as something high pitched screamed with him
>>body disappeared
>>found out what killed him as it popped out of a doll
>>some kind of black worm with a tongue sticking out
Alright, either you dreamed of SCP-136 or you were visited by the Screaming Man of the Old Night. You will find useful STC fragments, but only if you remove your eyes, ears, fingers and tongue and say "Silence".
scp-wiki.net/scp-136

I said Beaversor

The Screaming Man's the one that made people shoot fire and lightening out of their eyes right?

Ye. It was the first time the Bell of Lost Souls tolled.

I really enjoyed most of the Isstvan trilogy, the battle for the Choral City and then the aftermath of the bombing being my favourite parts. Would recommend

I wrote Squad Broken as a shitty prank when my buddy was getting into 40k.

Glad to see it's still around.

Well thanks for creating that eyesore if you actually did it.

You're more than welcome. I dont approve of whoever wrote the sequel. It was perfect as is and they fucked up a few times fluff wise.

>complains about someone making a fluff mistake
>claims to be the author of an Ork rape story

EC are underpowered

I made this list on a whim, the thought of this many rending fear-causing attacks sounded fun.

Help me trim the points cost down to 1,000, and see where I could improve the list.

Imperialis Militia/Warp Cults CAD.

-Tainted Flesh, 35
-Feral Warriors, 35

HQ
-Force Commander, 50
+Power Armor, +10
+Digital Lasers, +5
+Bolt Pistol, +2
+Power Sword, +10
+Extra Attack, 25
Total, 102

Troops
-Inducted Levy Squadx2, 40 (80)
+Discipline Collars, 10 (20)
+Vexilla, 10 (20)
+Extra Attack, 25 (50)
+Auxilia Pistols, Free
Total, 85 (170)

-Imperialis Militia Grenadier Squadx2, 65 (130)
+Eight additional Grenadiers, 40 (80)
+Additional Grenadier wih Flamerx2, 20 (40)
+Vexilla, 10 (20)
+Auxilia Pistols, Free
+Extra Attack, 25 (50)
Total, 135 (270)

Heavy Support
-Battle Tank Squadron (2 tanks), 280
+2x Leman Russ Exterminators, free
+2x Hull Lascannon, 10 (20)
+2x Heavy Bolter Sponsons, 20 (40)
+2x Pintle Heavy Stubber, 5 (10)
Total, 350

-Battle Tank Squadron (2 tanks), 280
+2x Leman Russ Vanquishers, 15 (30)
+2x Hull Lascannon, 10 (20)
+2x Heavy Bolter Sponsons, 20 (40)
+2x Pintle Heavy Stubber, 5 (10)
Total, 380

-Complete Total, 1222 points.

EAGLES!

achilles need to be able to take phosphex if you take a siege breaker

i want to run 12 quad mortars with phosphex and 9 achilles with phosphex

You can only take one Achilles per Land Raider squadron, though. But you can outflank them if an Explorator Proteus is in the squad :^).

>You can only take one Achilles per Land Raider squadron, though
bah fucking gay.

fuck achilles then. give me more medusas godammit

The older fluff when an ork reached a level of maturity it would find a way back to it's home planet to do "sum'ting." I'm not sure if that's how the spelt it, close enough, who cares. Orks had an established sex drive.

Squad broken did use some creative licensing but squad broken 2 had a fucking space marine using a plasma rifle. What the fuck is that shit. That's not in their arsenal and neither do they make a "pulsing" sound.

Ran some numbers, let's see if they're helpful
>The Medusa may be the better source of regular AP2 phosphex, but if what you care about is killing regular marines while leaving behind flaming dangerous terrain, then Phosphex Quad launchers are your best option, ruining ~1.5 times the terrain covered by Medusae, while being ~2.8 times more points efficient in doing so, its MEQ killing capabilities comparable to Scorpius Whirlwinds (shorter range, less mobility and wounds on a 3+, but more reliable, leaves obstacles for infantry in its wake and you can bring more dakka for the same price).
Furthermore, you can take phosphex cluster bombs on the "I hope they don't spit at me" Lightning fast attack choice (and you can bring three of them as a single LoW, but that'd be like giving away 3VP)

The issue I have with giving the medusa phosphex is you lose the S10 AP2 shot. The quad-mortar can still fire other types of rounds if you give it phosphex.

Then bring the Ordo Reductor's Medusae, which get extra options and come with both regular and phosphex shells base, at a cheaper price than the Legion's, because fuck them. It's not like the Magos Reductor doesn't have his uses, so the tax would be about a single unit of Thallax. Dunno, it's a tempting option.

yeah the medusa should be able to choose which shell its shooting.

also typhons need phosphex :^)

Any one got any advice for building World Eaters and/or killing Guilliman

Bringing a Typhon gives you a chem bombardment though.

typhons should shoot typhons... that are covered in phosphex.

if you charge girlyman and his deathstar with angron and your deathstar, girlyman will die, especially if you are running berzerker assault or have a chaplain. the one question is how you plan on canopnening his transport and getting your deathstar into his

Lots and lots of dudes. My 3000pt list has 43 power armored bodies, 8 terminator bodies, and Angron. I;m not sure how fluffy Dreadnoughts are to World Eaters, but I like them too. I always field a Leviathan. I figure they're unstable and crazy enough to be right up our alley. Dreadclaws are great, Kharybdis if you want to use giant squads, and of course the Spartan. We have a great survivability RoW in the Crimson Path, and Berzerker Assault is pretty good, too. You might want a Sicaran Venator or some Laser Destroyer Vindicators because there's not a whole lot of antitank otherwise (my anti-armor is my Contemptor-Mortis and my Leviathan).

Those two Exterminators are a clusterfuck. Are you trying to kill light vehicles and infantry with autocannons? Tanks with the lascannon? Light infantry with the bolters and stubbers? Choose one and roll with it and you'll save a bunch of points. Ditch the lascannon and stubber for multi-lasers, remove sponsons. Remove infantry/rhinos and AAA in a pinch

The Vanquishers are perhaps even worse. For what possible reason would you want 50pts of anti-infantry for a tank that's exclusively designed to hunt tanks? Ditch everything except the lascannon.

If you're planning on using the Grenadiers for melee, consider giving them augmented weapons to give them a slight boost when they don't rend. Throw in some medics for better FNP and more bodies.

>3000 points
>40 MEQ and 8 TEQ
>lots and lots of dudes

Never understood why 30k lists are so infantry light. My 1500 40k army has this amount of infantry.

Which is funny because 30k is oriented towards loads of big squads due to the cheaper pricing.

It just so happens that loads of people also choose to go Pride of the Legion, which means they can fill out absurd numbers of points with a handful of models (and less $$$$$).

that is fairly infantry light 2bh

my WE list has about the same amount of infantry except like 30 of the power armor guys are veterans with poweraxes

best primarch levitating through, cry more ultrababy infidels

Eh, I made the list on a whim. Will change immediately!

>Lorgar
>Talks about crying
His Monarchia theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1hxonfpfuTY

I've kinda puzzled over it myself and come to the conclusion it's because the other stuff I take it pretty expensive. 340 pts for a Spartan to transport the guys, 260 for a Kharybdis, 305 for the Leviathan, and of course Angron at 400.

>tfw your two favourite legions are Word Bearers and Ultramarines

I-I just want to build Space Rome while being really pushy about worshipping the God-Emperor.

>It just so happens that loads of people also choose to go Pride of the Legion

Eh, I go for a Pride of the Legion and have 4x Vet squads+Seekers at 1850ish-pts. Its that people rely on deathstars units and large vehicles and those add up quick, in that user's list Angron's deathball is probably close to 1.2kpts on its own.

He might be the best primarch but his legion is full of faggots.

yeah the vehicles are eating up your points

my list is angron, praetor, surlak, 26x furious charge veterans with power axes and meltabombs in 3 dreadclaws, 10x terminators with powerfists and 5x chainfists who deepstrike because i run orbital assault. 20x assault marines. all of the sergeants have artificer and powerfists

im hoping they fix the point cost of assault marines so i can run 2 units of them 15x man strong instead of 2 10x man units.

its about the only way ive figured to make orbital assault work for WE

In the sausage fest of 40k, having strong female characters is bad? I bet you were one of those MRA guys who hated Fury Road.

>strong
>female
kek

Would it have turned out better if the emperor was a woman?

I think it would have. Women are wiser and more considerate and tend not to fuck up relations with their children as badly as men do.
Also, sons are less willing to raise their hand against their mother than against their father.

Wave and ignore.

>Woman Emprah
>Still a GIANT
HNNNGGGG
>Women are wiser and more considerate and tend not to fuck up relations with their children as badly as men do.
Both can fuck up in their own way. Having wimpy-ass children due to overprotecting them still counts as fucking them up.
>Also, sons are less willing to raise their hand against their mother than against their father.
I guess this one is true. I've seen fathers-sons at but a finger of killing each other. It's a sad thing to behold.
Now imagine how I felt when I read about Horus brutalizing Emps and the latter obliterating him in turn.

Most of the lists I've seen are infantry-heavy because of the price of buying vehicles.

But if you want an effective army with tanks, you're better off bringing lots of tanks. Bring just a couple and they'll get blown up in short order.

I require lewds of Femperor for "Research".

That is all.