It's happening, guys. Someone has let the tumblr crowd into 40k

It's happening, guys. Someone has let the tumblr crowd into 40k.

belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/on-maturity-40k-and-slaanesh.html

They are literally demanding Slaanesh be removed because "Thing is, a ‘god of pleasure’ sounds fine and all, but it’s actually a very difficult thing to pull off (no pun intended). In-universe, the Chaos gods are inherently corrupting, and when you mix that with ‘pleasure’ what happens is you get all kinds of Unfortunate Implications. If the god of pleasure is a corrupting power, then any pleasure is potentially corrupting. Sex becomes, by its nature, morally dangerous… which is only a short hop, skip and jump to things like slut-shaming, homophobia, transphobia… And that’s before we even get to ideas like drugs, which, again, is a very dangerous area to look at. Issues relating to addiction require huge nuance, because these are real-world issues that have real-world consequences."

In other words, they want Slaanesh to be removed from 40k, not because of boobies being bad for kids who want to buy the game, but because GW has the nerve to (gasp) portray a god of sexual deviance and drugs as being evil.

Just don't pay attention to them and don't give in to their demands and they'll fuck off. They never supported the hobby to begin with and they won't if Slaanesh were removed anyway. Once they realize they won't get their way and they can't sway anyone who matters they'll leave.

You honestly don't have much to worry about - GW doesn't even listen to their core fans - I doubt they'll listen to these retards.

I thought the drugs sex was just heavily enforced by us

Slannesh is the god of excess right? So not just drugs and sex but other things

slowpoke.jpeg

See you space gothic...

Do you make threads for every random blog post that disagrees with something like? Those things are a dime a dozen. This is nowhere the first time something of the kind has been written and every single time it's a thread of nothing but butthurt, shitposting and meaningless doomsaying over cheap clickbait that nobody will remember in a few days

>Just don't pay attention to them and don't give in to their demands and they'll fuck off. They never supported the hobby to begin with and they won't if Slaanesh were removed anyway. Once they realize they won't get their way and they can't sway anyone who matters they'll leave.

This is hopeless.

yeah his whole thing is taking everything to the next level

Noise marines and slaanesh daemons are already removed for GW online store.

It's BoLS at that. If anything that's the single greatest reason to discard this article out of hand.

n8 b8 m8

It's not like GW actually supported Slaanesh anyways

Plastic Keeper of Secrets and Fiends that actually come in packages of 6 when?

This will have absolutely no impact. Not because it was written by some literal who on a niche site and appeals to an audience that doesn't actually play the damn game, but because GW is completely immune to this kind of tactic. GW doesn't even listen to their own core player base, they have absolutely zero lines of communication to the public and rarely pay attention to what feedback does somehow manage to get through. They're already aware that a whole lot of people hate them and don't give the slightest shadow of a shit about it, this kind of public shaming is completely ineffective against them, if they even notice it in the first place. None of the typical SJW tactics work against GW, Twitter campaigns and rebloging won't do anything because GW doesn't care about that stuff and it isn't going to sway anyone that actually buys their product. I almost hope that some SJWs do decide to try and take on GW so I can watch their reaction when they fail miserably, it would be the one time where I would actually be on GWs side.

rumors GW will release some new Slaanesh later this year

>Which is why I think that maybe they’re ones that are perhaps not best explored through the medium of tabletop wargaming.
I don't think I've ever seen transphobia, and other whateverisms discussed or even brought up ever with Warhammer. Too preoccupied by not being eaten by a demon or putting some bullets into the fucking psyker's brain.

You mean a diamond dozen retard.

Impolite sage for shameless bait, and Veeky Forums is retarded enough to bite to that kind of shite.

OP please kill yourself, you are a waste of biomass. All posters bumping this waste of a thread should apply themselves as well.

I understood that meme :^)

I heard the same thing about a plastic Lord of Change and Tzeentch Daemonkin last year. With Slaanesh out of AoS, it looks like they have left the Prince of Darkness high and dry.

>In other words, they want Slaanesh to be removed from 40k, not because of boobies being bad for kids who want to buy the game, but because GW has the nerve to (gasp) portray a god of sexual deviance and drugs as being evil.

That's the point of Chaos though; anything they do is evil because they always take it too far. you could literally ahve the chaos god of collecting pewter figurines of dogs and it'd end up with some dog-studded fucker working millions to death in the tin mines to create a fifty metre high pewter dog.

Obsession man.

This. Twitter shaming will not affect GW in the slightest, part of me isn't sure GW even knows the Internet exists.

GW doesn't even listen to their fans, or nore importantly their customers, what makes these fools think they can change anything.

This sentiment was started around the time of Gamergate when Anita Sarkeesian, et al dropped into GW headquarters as 'consultants.' Kirby probably signed off on it, but based Rountree will tell them to suck a fuck.

[spolier]Sparkle?[/spolier]

Ha-Ha!
Everyone look at this guy! He fucked up!

Fucking iPhones, man.

Nice trips.

Satan, pls.

Nothing is happening. We don't need to react every single time tumblr demonstrates a total lack of understanding of a subject.

These people have very little imagination if they think Slaanesh's realm stops at transgender people and drug use.

Don't they realize that Slanny-poo is a canon tranny god?
Don't they realize that he's the god of Excess and not just pleasure?

This is probably one of the easier communities for tumblr to infect. A lot of the resident neckbeards grovel at the feet of their revered Sarkesian.

I think Slaanesh is too entrenched in the canon to remove.
You'd have to edit codex:Eldar, dark Eldar, CSM, Daemons, SM, Harlequins.

Plus all the Horus Heresy stuff. It would just be too hard I think.

A tumblrites grasp of anything is ALWAYS inversely proportional to their common sense.

>inversely proportional to their common sense

So, they're omniscient?

Did I say inversely? I meant directly.

Meh, pointless. Its not like SJWs will gain any kind of relevance in wargaming anytime soon.

GW will just ignore that like they did with everything else.

>something must be removed because idiots might think the portrayed case to be the only case rather than one of the possibilities.

What would be the loss if degenerates were shamed as the degenerate they are anyway?

>slut-shaming, homophobia, transphobia…

No degeneracy is good. Lets all embrace degeneracy.

Luckily, this is largely an American thing, so the britbongs over at GW aren't going to give a shit. It's one of their last saving graces.

The term "slut-shaming" disgusts me incredibly..

It literally translates to "Women can do no wrong"

Degenerates that are not happy that the God of Degeneracy is an evil force in 40K.

The West is basically pre-fall Eldar at this point.

To me it translates to
"scatter gun breeding strategy."

>Slaanesh is only about sex
>Chaos doesn't corrupt other good things like art, knowledge or music if they are practiced in excess
>implying 40k black and black morality isn't utterly alien to us and doesn't only serve to show how fucked future humanity is in all regards
I am a degenerate and I'm disgusted.

>strategy
That implies higher thinking and long term plans.

This is literally finding something to yell at so you can pat yourself on the back and not feel your first negative emotion in years again.

Wow your a cynical one.

I like it.

would nep that nep in the nep

No I'm actually pretty much an optimist.

It's just people mang, we do like pretending that theres a big enemy out to get us. Its the starter of most conflicts so why not this one?

This article is 3 days old and it didn't kick up a storm, this is the first I'm hearing about it.

Believe me, I dread the day that these fucks really come for Warhammer but the community just isn't gonna allow it. Look at the authors suggestion.

"I'm not saying squat Slaanesh, just make them much less important and replace them with a new god for the non-existent transgender and female Warhammer playerbase"

You can't just pretend to like Warhammer like you can with RPGs and video games because it actually requires spending a lot of time and money and they aren't gonna do that just to show how "progressive" they are.