Favorite Games You Don't Play

What games do you really like but never seem to be able to get anyone else to play with you? I have at least $400 worth of Glorantha books but I have only played about 3 games of it.

I'll play with you, user

I would love to, but another part of the problem for me is the fact that now I don't really have time to play any games, and I definitely can't play any games over the web due to my soon to be spotty-at-best internet.

Nechronica. Zombie lolis is a hard sell for a lot of normalfags.

Fucking warhammer fantasy and KoW.
and i live in Toronto!!!

Glorantha sounds cool, but it's really a mess with five shitty ideas for every really good one.

I'd still play it just to see how fast can I become mythbender and force universe to erase me from history. (which I assume is why people play Glorantha in the first place)

Toronto's a big place. Have you tried TAG and ARRG?

Talislanta. Such a great world. Nobody's interested.

>"It's as if H. P. Lovecraft had written Alice in Wonderland, with Hans Christian Andersen and William S. Burroughs as technical advisors."

That does sound kinda cool.

All the books are free in nice, official PDF format on www.talislanta.com, mate!

Start with the Chronicles of Talislanta, it's a funny travelogue that showcases all the weird and fun parts of the world.

I own over 100 sourcebooks for DnD 3.5.

Group wants to play Pathfinder.

Kill me.

You should be killed for wanting to play either jk do what you like

I can never seem to get people interested in Numenera. They're always like "but D&D is better, it's the same thing but with less sci-fi elements and more dragons and dwarves and elves. All Numenera has is the weird magic items that you can only have two of at a time..."

People will always settle for more regurgitated crap than something new, though

Maybe they own over 100 books for Pathfinder?

>tell them PF 2.0 is coming

There aren't near as many PF books as 3.5 books.

I love 3.5 cause it's my baby first system and I love it so much. Also we never power gamed it so my only complaint with the game wa feat taxes and high AC being shit.

What's so good about numenera anyway? I've read part of the rules but not enough to see why to play it. What's the selling point?

>playing 3.5
>playing Pathfinder

I play other games as well, including GURPS and savage worlds among others. I like 3.5 for no good reason . I've played the other editors and still like 3.5 most. Sorry senpai.

Tenra Bansho Zero, Legends of the Wulin ... that's it, really.

Burning Wheel. Not just for me, but it's pretty much the epitome of this. You'll find a ton of people who say it's the best-designed RPG they've seen... not so many people who actually play it.

For me, Stars Without Number/Spears of the Dawn. Can't get my group to go with the whole OSR thing.

>There aren't near as many PF books as 3.5 books.
ORLY?

Mage the Ascension
Trail of Cthulhu
Continuum
Burning Wheel
Numenera

All my groups ever want to play is D&D...

Twilight Imperium
Chaos in the Old World
Kemet
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
Mysterium

Group only ever wants to play Cards Against Humanity or Settlers of Catan...

I was in a Numenera game for awhile. I wasn't a fan. It's definitely different, but the system is just...weird. I dunno, it's hard to explain. Not the worst system I've played but it was definitely the strangest.

Shadowrun....Just shadowrun

Sorry, was at work.

The first thing is the setting. The game is made by none other than Monte Cook, the man who destroyed D&D with 3rd edition. While he's a mediocre have designer, he's a great worldbuilder. The setting tells you that this is the ninth time earth has been reset, so to speak. There have been nice previous major civilizations to control the earth, each spanning tens of thousands of years. This one is in the medieval point of its development, save the fact that there are ruins of eight other worlds buried beneath the earth (and some not so buried). Between massive technological advancement over the past millennia, and being visited and inhabited by several alien races, earth has a lot of technology just lying around. Except most people don't know how to use it (at least not necessarily for its intended purpose).

This brings us to the second point, the mechanics. The fragments of technology unearthed by the people of the ninth world are called numenera, and mechanically they function like one-use magic items. It might be a disc that makes your weapon vibrate intensely (increasing damage) or a remote control drone with a camera to spy with, or really anything you want. There's a huge section of them in the book but it encourages you to make your own. The game has three "classes," a fighter, a mage, and a skill guy, but these only give basic abilities. The real meat of the customization comes from your descriptor (smart, agile, handsome) and your focus (fuses flesh with steel, commands beasts, rides the lightning) which give you much more specific abilities. Foci are limited to one per group, so no two players can have the same one. DMing is also easy, since the DM never needs to roll dice. Everything (traps, monster attacks and toughness, etc) has a level, and that level gives a difficulty. Players roll d20 and try to beat a difficulty number.

Cont.

Yes, fuck yes I love Talislanta,

Besides that The One Ring, Shadowrun, Ars Magica and Wild Talents

I do not know why it is so hard to people to play Degenesis rebirth. System is quite simple (from perspective of first system learned being Shadowrun 5th), Setting is amazing and you can do so many things with the setting.

I bet it is the moment they ask to see PDF and see tits from the fluff book and write it off based on that.

There's no fiddly modifiers, player skill just raises or lowers the difficulty level, therefore lowering the difficulty number. For example, a monster's level may be 3, so players need to roll a nine to hit it. It might attack as level four, though, so they'd need to roll a 12 to dodge it.

This is a little off-putting, but it gets simpler as you use it. It makes GMing a breeze because designing a monster is as easy as describing it and giving it a level. You can add other stuff like status attacks, and since everything is dictated by a level, encounters are easy to design, mechanically. This means more time and effort devoted to the story and characters within it.
Advancement is similar to Legend of the Five Rings, if you're familiar. Players spend experience on various things and once they've spent a certain amount, they gain a new their, of which there are six. They get to pick from a menu of abilities based on their class, and then their Focus levels up, as well, gaining new or stronger abilities. Experience isn't (necessarily) awarded for combat, instead for exploration and DOING things.

is right, it's definitely odd, but me and a couple of my players enjoy it immensely. It's just hard to convince other people out of their comfort zone, I guess.

UESRPG.
For being such a popular videogame series, it's hard to find an Elder Scrolls game, specially something that isn't D&D.

There are a whole bunch of them, but the first to come to mind is True20, which seems to me like the only d20-derevative that isn't shit

>being perpetually butthurt

Exalted. I had one really good game and then I've never ended up in another game.

Deadlands (classic). Westerns are dead, Western RPGs go in the gutter with them. Damn shame too, really fun setting and lore

Thanks user (guy who requested here) I'll have to try playing

New Gods of Mankind. I just want to be a God and lead my people but all my friends seem uninterested.