You fall in love with a beautiful girl (or boy)

>you fall in love with a beautiful girl (or boy)
>get married to them
>after a while they reveal their deepest secret
>they're actually a demon who took the form of [your character's species] and ended up liking it better than being evil
>but their true form is still demonic

Would you smite them?

By smite do you mean like, with my dick?

Why the fuck didn't detect evil tell me anything?

Because you are not the crusading paladin, or the all powerful wizard, you merely play one in a tabletop game.

Why are paladins consistently the worst and laziest players?

Maybe it was using some form of really powerful glamour to cover up it's true nature?

Come to think of it, is it even possible for a demonic entity to change alignments? If so is it still demonic after it changes?

Detect Evil already told me they were up to no good, now I know what species they are. I continue to wait, playing the long game until I catch them in the act.

No this doesn't mean I don't enjoy fucking them. Just that I hope I can screw their true motives out of their black little soul.

Well, as long as they didn't use to be male before. They're not evil now and it's not going to change anything about the relationship, so why does my penis care?

I'm a Kobold Gunslinger, I fell in love. What they actually are doesn't matter. Do they still like breakfast in bed? Does their nose still scrunch up just a little bit when they don't like something? That matters.

>Detect Evil

Literally the worst shit to come out of DnD. All it does is kill roleplaying. Before my group unanimously decided to never play anything named "Dungeons & Dragons" again, we house ruled out all the Detect Alignments spells, along with any form of Wish.

>>you fall in love
Stopped reading right there.

Depends on how bagin' their daemon form is.

If it's like Xana tier futa god, then I'm in.
If it's some spookster spikey abomination, no thanks.

Half demon kids must be pretty strong, right? She'll give birth to Dante or something. You can't pass that up. Who gives a shit about alignments.

my character would still be oblivious to her since my orc only love his beloved axe

What if the axe is the demon?

Angelskin Vest

Nah, love tenderly and then violently until my bed breaks.

If you smite someone who gave up evil for a peaceful life you're the shittiest paladin ever.

So they prefer living a happy married life over being an evil demon? Shit, works for me. Lawful Good Dickings and all that.

Nah man. My last rogue knows what it's like to live a hard life at first and then be tempted over by the calm0 peaceful life of good. If anything he loves her even more now with her demonic spiky bits.

Plus the tale of the legendary Rogue so skilled he snuck his demon wife past the gods so they could spend eternity together will make a great stort

Depends. The official setting for this campaign is the godawful realms, where Orcs are aligned as Monster Stupid, so he would recognize it as "Gruumsh signal to keep warring for no reason. RAGE."

But it's all k if you fanboy over an edgy dark elf :^)

Good thing the Detect Good & Evil doesn't actually tell you if there's something good or evil anymore, RAW, it only detects if there are creatures of certain type around, including the almost always True Neutral Elementals.

>we house ruled

Because they think spamming Detect Evil counts as Roleplaying.

Well, my character is currently a tiefling, so it'd be a matter of wondering why. It's hardly a big difference after all.

>smite Y/N?

Why? They're clearly not good.

I think I might try this

>be GMing
>have gay player, good RPer, plays Cleric of Talos, still needs me to spoonfeed him when it comes to making character sheets after a month and a half of playing
>constantly nags me about giving him a gay lover
>asks if litterally every character we meet is gay or not
>for minor NPCs I roll a d20, 17 or higher means yes, they're homo
>he never gets th 17+
>continues to bitch and accuse me of cheating and being homophobic

Thanks for the idea, OP.

wee, tiefling children
Well, I will watch out for demonic behaviourr and keep some stuff to control the hellish temperament if she shows it. By the way, what kind of demon is she, and what setting are we talkin' about? That are important things in this question

Have you given the other players girlfriends? If so I could understand. If not, tell him to stop being a annoying shit, because the game isn't about husbando/waifu

Honestly, that guy sounds like a horrible player. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Have you tried telling him to stop whining and trying to turn the game into his gay romcom?

>evil only Tieflings
It's hard to tell which is worse.

I probably will next session. If he keeps whining, I either kick him or give him an unspeakably evil demon boyfriend. That could make for a fun sidequest.

>Deus DEFINITELY Vult

Demon not a Trebuchet
How evil? Eats puppies alive in front of children because it arouses him, or are you gonna keep it subtle and insidious until the player is attached and emotionally invested?

Well, there goes the Incubus then.

>Demon not a Trebuchet
That's not mutually exclusive and you know it!

>[x] Deus Vult
>[ ] Deus Not Vult

No. She'smy wife and if she's beautiful then it would be on the inside and out. As long as she's good to our offspring and raises strong beautiful children then I don't care. A loving demon wife is good too.

They took the form of [your species] though, so unless you're a trebuchet as well in which case Deus most definitely Vult and I apologise for my mistake.

It probably isn't evil

>Killing your waifu
You don't deserve a waifu desu

Amen brother

>you have an intense feeling that brings you satisfaction
>after a while, you realize your feeling is shallow and goes against your ideals
Would you pursue your ideals stalwartly or discard them in favor of fleeting feelings?
Shall you fight for things that don't concern you personally, or shall you abandon them in favor of personal pleasure?

More subtle. I can give semi-obvious hints at it becaue, frankly, he's not that bright. The other players will likely figure it out but he will probably be blinded by "muh husbando" to notice.

>>you fall in love with a beautiful girl

am I unable to confess, and then get gifted her phone number?

My hopes, desires and wishes will not stand between me and justice.

It could still be evil, just a lazy benign evil that doesn't want to deal with the consequences of committing evil acts.

>The one fucking time I decide to play an angel character...
Regardless of character or , the objectively best answer is
>Give zero fucks, produce and raise half-demon kids with knowledge of their ancestry but a sensible outlook on life.
We aren't raising any angsty loners in our house, no sirree.

Would smite a milfubus with my dick and make a lot of tieflings with her.

Why do you faggots think that bitching about a class doesn't count as dodging the fucking question?

See, I was just going to say that you have a shit DM. But if 'nuke it on sight' is the only way your group is able to deal with questions of morality...seriously, fucking kill yourselves.

Anyone who would need to ask that question in the first place is a class a retard, and not everyone is fond of catering to those.

Well, if they aren't evil anymore why would I? Shouldn't I get some brownie points for reforming them?

Because they're only in the game to kill their party members and live out imaginary Veeky Forums memes.

So if you had a child with them in their disguised form, would the kid still be half-fiend?

>Being a paladin
>Not being a nondescript "hero"
>Not boning hot, benevolent demons

>it's an anime thread

So then it's a vastly higher quality thread than usually occurs on this board.

Stop playing D&D. Stop playing paladins. Stop being such a cuckold.

>The redeemed half-succubus is a paladin

Yuusha is some kind of extremely overpowered magus, but he did say that the Spirit of Light, the primary god of the world, talked to him pretty frequently (I imagine it was more like harem antics).

Why is she redeemed? Did she do something wrong? I thought the point was that she would grow up normally.

Can she/it have children?
If yes, then fuck her until she forgets she was a demon, have a nice family.

>Yuusha is some kind of extremely overpowered magus
He's a high-level AD&D ranger.

Man, why can't it ever be an angel, or a nature spirit, or what have you. I always get the demons.

Because demons are sexy and angels are not. And if you ask me, that's how it should be. Demons should represent the temptation of sin, the attractive option of getting your urges instantly gratified without any care of what happens afterward. On the other hand, angels should represent the difficult path of virtue, one you have to sweat and bleed for but will confer a delayed but much more valuable benefit.

A succubus' main appeal is pumping and dumping, an angel's appeal is trying to make your marriage work out in spite of your differences.

Why do my choices have to be between Literally Satan and an embodiment of purest pure purity, where are the neutral spirits?

In Japan.

Mortal women or jinris.

What do you want, some kind of pure slut?

Can't be worse than the borderline yandere girl who nearly killed me. Sure what ever, no problem.

Depends are the willing to get baptized into the Catholic Church. If not I'll go get an exorcist or something.

>tfw demon waifu gets baptized redeemed, and now I'm married to a risen angel waifu.

Rude.

>angels aren't sexy
>implying you would want to go with the Law alignment versus Neutral succubus

The fuck is wrong with you??

5e removed detect alignment.

Now it's "detect demons" or "detect undead".

A demon that isn't evil is an angelic being.

Do we get to fuck in demon form?

You're right. I'm a crusading paladin who smites ethnics off table and a crusading paladin who smites this gay anime shit on table

>Come to think of it, is it even possible for a demonic entity to change alignments? If so is it still demonic after it changes?
Yes and no.
They can change their alignment, but it doesn't erase the aura they have from being demonic.

For example, Fall-from-Grace is a LG Succubus with Priest levels. She channels positive energy, as evidenced by her use of cure spells, but she doesn't worship a deity, instead drawing her power from her intense devotion to the Sensate worldview. Under detect alignment she would ping as Lawful, Chaotic, Good, and Evil.

This has actually already hallened in our current campaign to my character who hates the undead. Turns out that her one-sided lady-love is actually a ghost possessing a prostitute. The possession's failing and now I have to decide if and how I want to get her a new body to possess in order to maybe, finally, earn her love.

I play clerics, not paladins. Don't need to smite evil the second I see it.

My character is an AI which finds sexual fulfillment in a number of air warfare scenarios, such as SEAD or dogfghting.

This premise doesn't work, because this person isn't the act of destroying enemy runways.

So? Falling in love with a demon isn't the worst thing my characters have done and most of them won't really care as long as the demon doesn't cause much harm.

>mfw

My qt3.14 husbando isn't evil and as such I have no reason to bring the wrath of the Lords upon him. :3 We're gonna snuggle in front of the bonfire instead!

deppends on the setting, but more than likely no.

This question has been asked so many times, why would you smite a non-evil creature just because of his or her race? What form of justice is that?

all Tanari (and succubi, in 5e) are butt puckering, reality warping evil. you don't need to be a paladin to know something's wrong.

now if we're using "depends on the setting" weeb yokai demon, well that's a different story.

Wait for him to play a cleric or paladin
Give him a gay lover
Excommunicate him :^)

Don't you even dare talk in this tone about my waifu.

/pol/ymorphed form of justice

Fey are lolranom waifus.

>Would you smite them?
Probably not.
But first things first.
I read the manual.

Even under D&D's own arbitrary rules, how does that even work?
"I'm stoic and pure and channel my sluttiness and passion to heal with divine power". I haven't played Planescape, but isn't "intense devotion to the Sensate worldview" (which considering Succubus, I assume means sex drugs, rock&roll) completely at odds with Lawful Good? How do you ping as four disparate alignments? And is that "would" in your opinion, or "does" in the game?

Why does your penis care if they did? That seems a pretty arbitrary sticking point, considering you're not even the same species, or from the same plane of existence. I mean, I would think bestiality panic would be higher on the concerns than trans panic. Their real form probably doesn't even have a gender or sex or genitals. And in that case all you have to worry about is if they infected you in some strange attempt to breed, because for their species sexual reproduction means mutually infecting each other, standing on a cliffside, and then exploding into a billion spores.

Otherwise known as Unaligned.

>A Lo reference on Veeky Forums
Oh shit

Alternately it depends on the setting because a lot of people think the D&D "Always Specific Alignment" concept is dumb.

Veeky Forums has written and codified BDSM as a lawful good activity, with commoners practicing it and a holy text that defines it in lawful good manners and promotes obedience, submission, and dominance and rulership major factors.

So, no, those aren't particularly difficult to reconcile in comparison. Taoist priests were neither celibate nor did they practice abstinence from alcohol or drugs - they used them responsibly. Hell, Buddhists monks got drunk on occasion too. And of course the priestesses of certain goddesses were prostitutes and healers as well as using drugs and poisonous fumes to instill ecstatic visions, so this isn't even somethign that is out of the realm of the real world.

You just have to decide how they reconcile them, and if you can't, then don't go there yourself.

This actually happened to one of my old characters, except she was a drow instead (and one of his old flames at that).
He took it really well, especially because they had been close lovers when she was a drow.
And then they both became fiends after they were killed and offered a deal in exchange for the protection of their children.
It's really complicated.

Lo's fucking awesome.

Hey, Veeky Forums. Go torrent a film called Lo, right now, and watch it. It's practically a stage play and it's fucking fantastic. Man summons demon. Man talks to demon. Shit goes down.

>try to find a way to become immortal and live with him/her forever, if demons are immortals

otherwise

>I don't care that you're a demon: I love you anyway and I want to stay with you until the end of my life and then some!

Veeky Forums writing and codifying something as being Lawful Good doesn't mean shit to me. That's also kind of... not really how BDSM works, unless you ONLY go with the obvious trappings. BDSM isn't about "obedience, submission, and dominance and rulership". It's about power exchange, trust, and mutually fulfilling (sexual) urges. Saying it's actually about submission and/or dominance ignores that the submissive is the one with the power.

Not only that, but a "Sensate" lifestyle is literally experiencing as much sensation as you can. Lawful is about keeping orderly. Good is about selflessness. Seeking out all forms of pleasure is at least a little selfish, and being orderly and stoic prevents many forms of pleasure.

A "Sensate lifestyle" is going to be Neutral or Chaotic.

Temple prostitutes weren't even necessarily, like, freaks in bed or anything, and real world religions don't have D&D alignment, so that's not really relevant. "Having sex" wasn't even why I pointed out how unfitting that is. Shelyn in Pathfinder is also Neutral Good, for instance.

Like, "Lawful Good Priests can't have sex" isn't the issue. "Lawful Good Priests aren't going to be out partying and living it up" is the issue. I'm not even saying Lawful Good can't have fun, just that the kind of fun of a "Sensate lifestyle" is not going to be drinking in moderation and sex only with partners who can prove they're STI free while still using a condom and birth control.

>I haven't played Planescape, but isn't "intense devotion to the Sensate worldview" (which considering Succubus, I assume means sex drugs, rock&roll)
Sensates believe that new experiences change people, they help them grow stronger and discover themselves. Considering that this is DnD we're talking about, in a meta sense they're not wrong.

They are not hedonists; the sensations they seek are not necessarily pleasurable, nor do they take pleasure from pain. They only want to learn. In fact, many aspiring Sensates are taken to a great feast hall on Ysgard and told they may eat their fill and lie with the other patrons. Those that do, and don't look back are left there forever.

Sensates are by and large Lawful Neutral. They tend to go about their education in a cautious and orderly way, likely because most of them come from the wealthier population of Sigil's Clerk's Ward. Fall-from-Grace's job before joining you was actually to teach young women how to be proper Sensates at the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts.

Grace qualifies as Lawful Good because her interpretation of the Sensate creed places emphasis on how experiences can shape people for the better, ultimately making the world a better place. She's a also a healer who gives her healing freely to people in need instead of charging money for it. Finally, she argues with Vhailor (LN Mercykiller, different party member) over the role that mercy plays in justice, claiming that unless tempered by mercy, a quest for justice accomplishes nothing but mindless retribution.

Also, you have realize as well that Fall-from-Grace is not the way she is purely by choice, but because she was mindbroken by eons of slavery in Baator. Thus in a certain way she sees herself as fallen, not redeemed - hence the choice of name, and the vow of chastity.

>How do you ping as four disparate alignments?
Demons have the chaotic and evil subtypes, meaning that even if they manage to change alignment they're still MADE of chaos and evil, and continue to ping as them.

Being a succubus paladin kind of sucks, because both holy and unholy things are harmful to you (in addition to anarchic and axiomatic ones).

>softly Crying
>Deus vult

Eh I think the definition of a pally is to strick sure there is a line but a party member who rips people off gambleming just deserves a judging stare and a motherly lecture later on