Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Beastman edition

Link to last thread: (I don't have it)

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/tgwhfb
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone have a warhammer fantasy discussion skype group I could join?

>no general tor hours

Then why didn't you make it, nigga?

>Have over a dozen boxes of 40K and Fantasy stuff right next to my desk
>No motivation to put any of it together, let alone paint it

I just don't know why I do this anymore.

Because I woke up like an hour ago.

Does the thread needs to stay up 24/24h?

Because you're too stubborn to admit your love for the game is gone?

Yes.

I know you guys aren't going to like this, but I need some help here. I need to decide whether to expand my Chaos for 40k, start a new Fantasy army for 9th age, or to just say FUCK OFF gw and play another game(Already dipped my toe in X-Wing and Firestorm)

OGRE KINGDOMS
G
R
E

K
I
N
G
D
O
M
S

Does anyone here magnetize their Chaos Warriors? Just starting to get into T9A and I don't really know how I want to kit them out. Was planning on magnetizing them unless there are some builds that are just pointless?

Why do you say Ogres?

Why would anyone like those stupid fat savages?

Depends what kinda person you are and what you like about stuff?

X-wing seems fine with okay models and alright rules; but I would never get into it because I fucking detest starwars and anyone that fanboys over it.
If you like starwars then go for it.

I personally would start a new Fantasy Army because I love everything about Fantasy, and there's always the chance that they can turn AoS around some day.

I don't care much for 40k but if you expand your chaos army using daemons then you can just use those for Fantasy as well.

It depends on what you enjoy more and what's your local scene is about.

A fantasy army needs some time to get on track and if you have doubts from the start it could all be moot, expanding a 40k army could be not so gratifying if your meta makes you play always the same army at the same points.

This is not a bad idea: Few models, comfy to convert, theme and paint, cool at all sizes.

First for spankable elf rumps!

Guy from earlier here, right now I am in a 40k league with some serious power gamers. And my current army is Renegades and Heretics which range about 200 models(In a game of 40k 2k points..). When I look at fantasy all I can think about is how dead it feels. Like I have 4 fantasy armies, and none of them feel right any more. About 99% of fantasy players I know play Kings of War, which I really despise. Meanwhile it looks like X-wing is a lot more popular? I always see posts about it on Facebook of people looking for games. Firestorm is really fun, and fits that large scale combat I have been craving. Also as a long time 40k chaos player I am tired of waiting for their new update(Which will never come).

It's the race most fitting this board in terms of similarity

It all depends on your area man.

I've never even heard of Kings of War or X-Wing outside of Veeky Forums.
I see people play fantasy all the time.
That's just the way it is in my town.

If you can't find anyone to play fantasy with you in your city then don't play fantasy.
Or do.
I personally collect 3 fantasy armies even though I only play one because the backstory and the lore means a lot to me.

In my area only fantasy players are my friends, about 6 of us. And it is not exactly growing. Also 40k is just cancer now. Guess I will go for X-Wing/Firestorm(As the crowd for that is certainly big here too).

>In my area only fantasy players are my friends, about 6 of us. And it is not exactly growing. Also 40k is just cancer now. Guess I will go for X-Wing/Firestorm(As the crowd for that is certainly big here too).
Have you tried growing it?
Roleplaying as a whole was almost dead in my city until a local librarian started "dungeons and dragons" nights for the kids and now roleplaying is huge here.

Have you reached out looking for any other fantasy players or naw?

I don't see a way to grow it, AoS hit our area really hard. No one goes within a mile of anything fantasy related pretty much. Only seen things bought for 40k conversions. I wish it was still popular but it isn't like how it was years ago.

do we have an art booru?

>Also as a long time 40k chaos player I am tired of waiting for their new update(Which will never come).

Tzeentch/Thousand Sons are supposed to get some stuff over the next twelve months or so, granted not all of the Tzeentch stuff will be for 40k.

There is also confirmation that GW is working on plastic Magnus, Angron, Mortarion, and Fulgrim Daemon Primarchs that can be used in either 40k or Horus Heresy. Which kind of plays into the rumors that the current setting in 40k is going to advance into the 13th Black Crusade.

Pinterest and google in general are good enough pools of pics; actually the fantasy booru was my first idea before doing the AoS one, problems are: Whfb has less consistently high quality scans/pics and a way more dispersed sources, while for AoS I could pinpoint all pieces and rip them in a few hours.

I could do the same with the other project though: Rip the pics from rulebooks and armybooks in order, but I think it would still feel quite incomplete and inconsistent in quality.

would it be good if I also uploaded 9th age art? What about good fanart?
would "hall of artdolf" be a nice name?
Fartasy doesn't quite have a good ring to it

I don't know, the shitflinging and creativity both lead me to associate Veeky Forums more with goblins or skaven.

Aww man why did the last thread die, there was so much interesting fluff and new unit discussion, and minimal shit posting.

Anyways new topic, how would you like it if the beastmen were simply spawn of chaos like griffins and pegasi, but didn't automarically align with one of the big 4? I like the idea of beastmen being true natural chaotic rather than chaotic evil. Leaving room for "good" (as far as "good" goes in Warhammer) beastmen types who can trade with/ally with/be manipulated by races like the empire and wood elves. This way beastmen would be just like humans in that many of them can align with the chaos gods, while others choose to worship other, more "benign" gods or nature spirits. Makes a much more interesting story than being born into misery and being forced to be the lowest of chaos servants whether they like it or not, and constantly taking it out on humans and elves.

Alternatively, I'd like if beastmen stayed the same but had their own God(s) in the same way the skaven do, complete with greater daemons and everything

oh u

Gay.

I like beastmen as the born slaves, spit on and disregarded by their masters. So strong in body yet so weak in mind and social standing.

The female Beastmen were apparently "good".

As for not worshiping the Chaos gods, considering they owe their entire existence to them, I'd argue it doesn't make much sense to not worship them. I mean I suppose I could Beastmen who were once human possibly not worshiping them, but I'm not sure if they ever broke down how many Beastmen are born as such and how many are humans or animals twisted into becoming Beastmen.

Did they ever confirm that Beastmen outside of the Old World or the Northern Wastes worship Chaos?

I like the way 9th goes about this. They seem to have detached beasts from the chaos/dark gods completly. No marks. Beasts are a thing of their own - a force of nature- and not just the least popular branch of chaos.

Depends if you consider the tiger headed beings and the monkey men of Ind and cathay true beastmen. The southern beastmen are mostly half daemons, or at least resemble daemons since there aren't too many animals down there. Penguinmen sadly not confirmed.
Creatures like demigryphs, griffons and pegasi are all spawn of chaos and yet are stable enough to be tamed by the "good" races, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have at least some of the beastmen be in the same boat. They may be spawn of chaos, but it doesn't mean they have to actively worship the big 4 around headstones. Even a more Norscans approach would be better, where the beastmen just accept the chaos gods as a part of life or see them as natural forces. Then again, I wish they would make chaos true chaos or Shiwed them as more multifaceted rather than all evil, all the time.

I like that beastmen are the neglected sons of chaos, I don't know how to integrate chaotic neutrals and true neutrals without damaging the image of the chaotic evil though.

There's not even a real reason to have true neutrals not worship chaos (as a more vague and general force rather than the actual evil aspects of the pantheon), perhaps their symbol could be the eight rays of the stars curving to form a circle

I picked up Warhammer in 2001 certainly 2002 just in time for the current Beastman models. I was already playing Beastmen though but I Hated that they were Chaos. It was the Redwall books that attracted me to them.

The idea of that is funny to me now and if I remake them they'll be Khornate.

So, how are you all taking the fact that warhammer fantasy is finally free from GW's hands and is now a full videogame brand?

Will it attract more people to the lore? Will warhammer finally become mainstream?

>Then again, I wish they would make chaos true chaos or Shiwed them as more multifaceted rather than all evil, all the time.

They're like that because 40k and Fantasy are grim settings. Chaos in a way is a universal slap in the faces for various races being so terrible.

Are the Imperial units supposed to be that mediocre like they are in TWW? Are they prefer quantity over quality? Besides the artillery of course.

'oomies are squishy

>implying chaos is a form of universal balance
Chaos apologist go and stay go

Yes, humans are frail and weak by many standards compared to the other races.

empire rulebooks state that the empire isn't the best at anything, they're just mediocre/good at pretty much everything. Their diversity and ingenuity makes up for lack of natural prowess.

everyone who will get into warhammer fantasy either knows 40k or inevitably will, making it look secondary in comparison, especially with the whole end times shit; I don't hold too much hope for GW giving the IP for other GOOD videogames.

Total war alone is godly, still, but without input from GW, warhammer as a videogame brand will be a bit stale considering GW will not allow further additions to expand it.

where are you located?
Maybe threads like this could be used also for players to find opponents

Is Nurgle the weakest Chaos God?

No, slanny is.
Nurgles strength goes up and down though.

khorne
tzeentch
nurgle
slaanesh*

*his power waxes and wanes

Why they made Slaanesh the weakest? Lust and sex is powerful.

Guys I have the possibility to pick up a sealed box of the old Dark Elf Warriors for about 23$ including shipping.

Is it worth it?
I don't know how much it would normally go for.

ded thread
ded game
ded hope

Very lively shitposters still.

Worms can keep the carcass twitching long after it expired.

The truth has been spoken.

>everything is dead
time for skeletons war

>People respond to bait instantly
>Nobody ever responds when I ask about trading on bartertown
>Nobody ever responds when I ask about steam/skype groups for WHFB
>then people complain about the thread being dead

Yet I keep talking.
I must be autistic senpaitachi.

Oh, yeah. Anyone else feels that in Total Warhammer the Vampire Counts are OP? I'm raping everyone including chaos.

I don't know about Skype groups but there is a Steam group, it was the first post.

also /twg/

steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

I ain't playing as em, but my friend reports they're completely OP.

answering to bait is easier than organizing for things people may not care about since most here have their own hobbistic reality to stay in.

general threads run on banter, news and cheap homemade content or ideas.
the banter usually gets killed whenever someone mentions the end times, the news are not relevant to whfb without keeping an open mind and the homemade content despite fun is not cared about enough by anyone else who didn't directly partecipate in it.

It's a sad world, I don't even know why I come here anymore, bu they told me I was supposed to stay here forever.

The old elven kits aren't that good in my opinion, why invest in those rather than the newer ones?

Not a huge fan of the solid molded bodies, I like to have more modular models like the older GW ones did.

These threads only seem to be for two kinds of people: Fluffautists battling it out and shitposters.
No minis posted, no lists posted, no strategies discussed. It's a bit said 2bh.

>These threads only seem to be for two kinds of people: Fluffautists battling it out and shitposters

You forgot art bumpers.

The setting is the best part of Warhammer Fantasy, the game was bad for at least two editions.

Well, there are people that are in it for the fluff, others for modeling/painting and even others for the game part itself.

Personally I haven't given a fuck about the setting in 10 years or so. I know the basics and just want to built, paint and play. I just skip fluff discussions and consequently 95% of Veeky Forums warhamms threads.

I know, right?

Lets discuss some classic and merry WHFB subjects.

Be'lakor and Archaon

Let's.

Topic: Which linedev self-inserts as these Mary Sues?

Slaanesh is just the youngest and is still gaining power since he thrives on excess. the other chaos gods fear that one day slaanesh will surpass them in power since even their excess fuels her.

Fun fact, khorne is tsundere for slaanesh, this is canon and has been mentioned in a few of the rulebooks. There's a hilarious story where she gives the other gods chalices to gain their favor. Tzeentch and nurgle are cool with it since it fans their ego. Khorne smashes his in disgust, but immediately sets to collecting all the pieces and putting them back together before smashing it all over again. He has done this countless times

What's a linedev?>Slaanesh is just the youngest and is still gaining power since he thrives on excess. the other chaos gods fear that one day slaanesh will surpass them in power since even their excess fuels her.

This what drove Tzeentch and Khorne to help Tyrion and Malerion kidnap Slaanesh.

I'm practicing drawing just so i can make warhammer battle scenes. I'll be good one day.

started a new mordheim campaign. gonna add some wolves to my wood elf warband this week. who /mordheim/ here?

What else does your group play?

yo I gotchu
and to save you some time here's the deal: play shadow warriors or 20 skaven with slings or youre doing it wrong

I've got a scanner and a lot of books. Which in particular need to be higher quality?

??

FLuff discussions and speculation are the only interesting conversions. The last thread had a lot of this. otherwise these threads are dead as fuck. I'm convinced there are only about 3-4 other fluffautists like myself who keep these threads alive, along with the guy that insists his 6th edition low fantasy version of warhammer is the only canon one

Well yeah, which is why I wanted a skype group to discuss fluff; I'm head-over-heels with the setting and books.

so i got the old Guardians of the Deepwood from the lgs at a disount

Are dryads any good in 9th? I remember them not being very good in 8th but im thinking of ways to use them
maybe i'll have a lvl2 life or lvl4 life treeboi and hope i dont run into any flamethrowers

Asrai a cute

>Are dryads any good in 9th?

They appear to be pretty much unchanged compared to 8th so I guess they'd be good. Not sure if I'd run larger blocks instead of smaller support units preferably with the skirmish upgrade. Blocks don't really seem to suit the elf game play, every model past the first 10 will be more expensive, also only the first row get's fulll attacks.

If you run larger units I'd consider a wizard with lore of the wild for the +1 strength +1 toghness buff. Should be pretty nasty on them.

t. someone not playing welves

I'd include at least one smallish unit in my core.

how the fuck do you deal with a doomwheel if your faction doesnt have cannons

Charge it first? It breaks easily from combat res, doesn't it?

OP doesn't have the linl to the last thread.

There it is.

WHY DID THEY REPLACE THEM!?

That neutrality is something I may do in my own setting, but I am not totally sure about integrating that idea back into WFB/WFRP.

Git yourself some Veterancy upgrades. Humans are squishy,but with enough experience and training they can be amazing. Hell, TWWH can display that better than the tabletop in a lot of ways.

(Also on a total war note, Karl Franz on Deathclaw with a fireball ring is crazy fun.)

One of the few good things written by Matt Ward.

nah I care more about the lore and campaign story we got going

>Despising based KoW.
Wew. I can see not liking it, but despising?

what are some of the other gangs you'll be facing?

A skaven gollum to help the PCs briefly, good idea or bad idea?

Cool

Tarpit it with a bigass unit of shit it will take ages to kill. Have like four ranks and a banner.

I'm not too sure, I would need to start checking on the pdf and making folders of images before giving an useful answer.

The only thing I'm sure is that we've got triumph and treachery and storm of magic fluff sections (and relative images) missing on top of one of the pages for slaanesh realm in the daemons armybook.

But these would be more requests for the sake if the pdf completeness than the collection of images.

got my Ungrim a fireball ring off of greenie scum, kinda funny seeing him off people with his axe, turn a 180 to shoot out a fireball and then just resume business as usual

Where can I read that?

I am going to miss that ring when I restart things!