Monster Girls

I had an idea for a character backstory.

A village of monster girls (harpies and lamias mainly) find a ship wrecked on the coast of their island, and recover a single survivor, a young girl. The girl gets adopted by a family and brought up as a daughter but as she gets older she starts to feel like she doesn't fit in, so eventually when she comes of age she sets off on a quest to become a monster girl, even though her family love her enough as-is.

What sort of methods are there to become a monster girl, though? If it's easy she would have done it already.

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/d/thread/6515223/#6515223
lomion.de/cmm/yugoarca.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, if it's the Monstergirl Encyclopedia universe, she just needs to make out with a monstergirl to get infected with her Mamono mana so that she becomes a Demi-Succubus, and then have sex with a human man, completing her transformation.

Doing so would most likely cause her to regard the man who deflowered her as her husband, which is an unbreakable bond between man and monstergirl, so she needs to pick her man wisely!

If it's a D&D universe, go and find a wizard, preferably of sufficient power to make the polymorph happen and be good and permanent.

And if you plan on doing this shit with other players, keep your magical realm in your pants, K?

Just don't, for the sake of everyone involved.
Monster girls are always part of a fetish. This is accepted wisdom.
If it weren't fetishy, it would be monster people.
If you were perfectly aware of this, and there's no reason you shouldn't, you should be honest enough to ask "How do I be That Guy?" in the OP.

Really, I would just not specify a specif gender, and just call them monstrous humanoids. The second you specify a specific gender, it becomes magical realm, but few bat an eye at regular orcs, trolls, minotaurs, and the like. As soon as it becomes apparent that the species consists of two genders, it seems more regular and less made up simply for sexual adventure.
A village populated entirely by cute, buxom snake women? Raises suspicion.
A village full of yuan-ti, of all shapes, genders, and sizes? Nothing out of the ordinary.

Wouldn't they just zero in on the female character and see fetish regardless?

Not unless it's done creepily. A main character being a woman isn't fetishistic per se; the problem is that all the autists on this board stick their hand down their pants at the first sign of anything that lacks a Y chromosome.

Post cute monster girls you want as pets.

First of all, it seems to me that's there's a very strange moral to this story.
>focus on appearance
>mistrusting your loved ones
>changing your body through unnatural means
>purely dual ethic system
Which disturbs me more than the monstergirl aspect. Bit it's your story, you do whatever you want with it.

That aside, you have many ways to do it.
>curses
It may be getting bitten by a werewolf or local equivalent, finding a magical pond ala ranma, or getting a god angered (hazardous method, though).

>wish or polymorph
Similar, except it's a reward. Find a fae, powerful wizard, magic-lamp or wish granting crystal.
Easier to find that the previous way, but the quest requires more effort to be completed, since it's a trade.
There may also be some organisations that transform their members in a high-magic setting (churches wanting to be closer to their god, gladiatorial warriors wanting more power, settlers in a dangerous region, high class prostitutes for perverted clients, royal guard needing to stay on to of their game, artisans needing some perks, and so on... You can draw some inspiration from biotech in cyberpunk settings)

>reclaiming your heritage
Some settings have humans as degenerated ubermensch, and some can draw power from their ancestors. She'd just have to get in contact with her inner monstergirl. In game terms it would be like the Dragon Disciple prestige class from DnD.

>hurr durr everything is fetish/magical realm/that guy

>mistrusting your loved ones
>purely dual ethic system

Since those things weren't mentioned in the OP at all, I assume you're projecting your own issues here.

Yeah I dunno where those came from.

Thats extraordinarily bad for snakes. You don't just pull the molting skin off a snake. That shit not only hurts like a motherfucker its almost entirely likely its still attached at certain areas and will hinder new scale growth by promoting scar tissue. You give them a nice big branch or in cases of lamia a nice log with the bark still on and let them do it themselves since they can immediately tell and react to when shits not quite ready. You don't just go and rip skin off someone with a fucking smile you monster.

Maybe it's a masochist lamia.

>Saya
>cute

I read that wonderful piece of ogre. You no fooling me, user.

It opens them to disease and painfully slow death.

She's undeniably cute. Your crude 3rd dimensional sensory organs just can't recognize that fact.

Hardcore masochist.

Well, snake can't really communicate. Lamia presumably can, so she can instruct her caretaker whether to pull or not or whatever.

It's also kind of gross.

Yeah....

>that one doujin about the alternate universe where humans shed skin and the protagonist puts on his big sister's skin and turns into her somehow

Was that the one where everybody metamorphizes throughout their life instead of growing up normally?

That was a non-h manga, this was a proper ero-doujin.

I also remember another one where a guy finds a lifeless skin in his room, puts it on and masturbates only for it to come to life and consume him.

Huh, haven't read that one. Any names?

Sorry, no idea. Just endless exhentai surfing. I have a fetish for skintight costumes and they naturally would turn up in the searches.

Skinsuits are a top-tier fetish, but really rare to find new content

If a barber can safely go over your face with a razor, then the equivalent job here should be more than able to tell when shit's best left where it is. And it's not like the lamia can't provide any input either if need be.

>tfw your fetish is so complex and obscure and also kinda softcore you have to find vaguely similar images and make it up yourself

I once did a writeup on /d/ explaining it in detail, a lot of people posted and someone even said they might draw art only to disappear completely, very depressing

>complex
>obscure
>softcore

It's really complicated and kind of lame.

desustorage.org/d/thread/6515223/#6515223

Sorry if it's boring. Someone even said it wasn't even a fetish.

Oh I remember that thread. It's a Genos fetish.

Yep, that was me.

If I could draw I'd draw nothing else, seriously.

wow, that's kind of silly
also a cute

>If I could draw
never too late to start

Oh my god user, thank you. Any other shit like this you got? Really motivational and gets over that 'I don't know what the fuck to do' hump

Maybe specifically Photoshop and Bamboo tips to ease the process of drawing. Currently it is incredibly irritating trying to draw, even with Lazy Nezumi Pro.

Why would an otherwise normal girl want to become a mindless sex crazed fantasy for horny neckbeards?

Considering her monster family seem to care about her, maybe they're not sex-fiends in OP's universe.

>tips to ease the process of drawing.

There is no such thing. It's called stop being such a bitch and do it.

Why even use the term "monster-girl"?

It denotes a particular all female group of part animal part succubus beings

Why not call them monsters and be done with it?

fuck

That looks fantastic, thank you for posting it.

>Why not call them monsters and be done with it?
Well, "monsters" and "monster-people" (or whatever word you use) have very different connotations.

That's stereotyping!

those knees on the last image are fucked up

>starts to feel like she doesn't fit in even though her family love her enough as-is.
>harpies and lamias (which is apparently problematic enough that the girl wants to change. I don't think you'd have that kind of issue if there was a ton of minority monstergirls species).
It may be misinterpretation or bad communication on my part, though; english isn't my first language.

"dual ethic system" doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the first place, and I don't think it means what you're trying to say.
Let's just leave it at 'I don't understand what you mean by this, could you explain?'

The first one is a tragic flaw, and is OK for the purpose of the story. It also sadly happens a lot in real life.

I think he's saying that she's left out because society has two races in it and she fits neither.

what a nerd

Shit, didn't even saw it.
ethNic with a n, not ethic.
two ethnic groups.

The premises aren't unrealistic at all, I simply find the fact that you use them for a "I'm gonna change my body to fit in more in society" story very unusual.
It makes sense from a sociologic standpoint, but most rpgs, cartoons, or other stories generally don't go that way, instead professing inner beauty, tolerance and acceptance of the self.
It's not the kind of lesson I see in the medias, and is not particularly empowering (altering self to fit).

It's not a bad thing (on the contratry, there's value in originality), simply unusual.

>ethNic
>two ethnic groups.

Okay, now I understand what you're saying, but still don't understand the objection.

Their little island isn't the most cosmopolitan place in the world. So? Unless it's a trade hub or has some other reason to draw in multiple groups, most places are like that.

>she starts to feel like she doesn't fit in, so eventually when she comes of age she sets off on a quest to become a monster girl, even though her family love her enough as-is.

I don't like it.

I could see a girl wanting to build an ornithopter so she could fly with her sisters, or just decorating herself in scales, but the way you describe it she wants to sacrifice her legs to look more like her family, and that's an unhealthy amount of self-loathing.

Combined with the rest, it gives me an impression of "I can be a harpy or a lamia, everything else is worthless".
I'd be more enthusiastic if she had a reason to change besides self-loathing.

But as I said before, it's your story; I've got no objections, only curiosity.

It's a pretty safe guess that the guy who started a thread with a picture of a naked anime lamia and asking how to write a story about a girl who wants to become a monster girl is fueled by his magical realm

It should be board policy to jerk off before you post

I... I genuinely do not know what parts are what in this picture...

Wow this thread is surprisingly non-lewd for what it is.

Maybe tweak the story so in that through her adventures on the mainland she continues to mature and comes to accept the fact that she's different from her parents and forms her own identity. Perhaps not as strong, but the fact that she has four usable limbs makes her unique. The story follows in her multiple failed and various ways to try and turn herself into a monster, eventually coming to understand that she's herself. Maybe she gets a husbando in this process too, I dunno.

Aside from the awkward monstergirl aspect of this I could see it working as a acceptance/coming of age story

Have a birb.

I never noticed how disgustingly long her left leg is.

>dat filename

Screw her hair, how does she get that bra on?

Maybe the first problem solves the second?

Okay. Next question. How does she fly or balance with such an oversize and underbalanced weight as a human head on a bird body. There's a reason bird heads are small.

I imagine she'd be like a chicken or a turkey. She can fly, but not very well and not long distances.

Again. The issue is she won't be able to fly at all. Look at the chicken and turkey's head to body ratio. Now look at how bulbous her head is compartively. I'm not even sure how she can even stand upright let alone on one leg. In all honesty if she had to walk she's be dragging her head on the ground as her legs pushed her forward.

she also has glasses and so would be fucked if not for human technology. Just a huge fuckup as an animal and/or human

I blame science gone mad. We tried to make the perfect monster-girl for you. But we screwed up, we screwed up big time.

Oh sure, first it was the cat girls and the snake girls. It was fine at first, but we had to go further, we had to try harder. Then there were bunny girls and cow girls. But it just wasn't enough was it? We tried to make oni girls and dragon girls and girls with tentacles and girls made out of oozes!

We went too far dammit! We tried to play god with our fetishes and now look at where we are! It's a madhouse I tell you, a MADHOUSE!

Honestly we could have solved this with liberal applications of shotguns in all instances of failure.

So I've been thinking of a monstergirl campaign -- in that prior campaigns I've ran were basically monsterboy ones.

The current idea isn't so much an erotic setting but more of a light, cartoony setting. There'd be a lot of traps, hazards, and stuff like that, and most monsters that the PCs actually "kill" are going to be summons, animated objects, skeletons, elementals (spirits summoned into inanimate matter to mobilize it), etc.

The monstergirls themselves are probably going to be more impish than outright destructive, and typically surrender when they think winning is improbable.

So my question is, what are all the monstergirls Veeky Forums can think of? What comes to mind are drow, driders, dryads, nymphs, vampires, succubi, yuki-onna & frostwind viragos, metallic dragons (they can change form), mariliths, various half demons and celestials... any other ideas?

Just read monstergirl encyclopedia.

>The second you specify a specific gender, it becomes magical realm,

man do you not know what magical realm means? It means sexual content the PCs cannot help but interact with.

Minotaurs and medusas in 2e were both mono gender.

You're just way too sensitive.

I'm more thinking of critters that're already in D&D.

man The Munsters was a great fucking show.

I am currently playing in a "Moescape" (Animefied Planescape). The races highlighted in that game work well for turning into monster girls. You turn the jackal-faced arcanaloth into crafty, smug foxgirls for example.

>lomion.de/cmm/yugoarca.php

Plzno.

Then just go through the various monster manuals.

>with liberal applications of shotguns in all instances of failure.
You just know someone's going to take this as "
Arm all monstergirls with shotguns" and then where will we be?

Just a reminder that there are countless instances of Japan in the multiverse due to the Japanese pantheon. This is canon.

Nice. Incidentally, yugoloths are probably the first example of a monstergirl version that is drastically less fetishy than the original.

In a horror movie or an awesome fantasy action movie.

But only if the monstergirls have bikinis. can't arm them with shotguns if they don't wear bikinis.

So you guys think she's some sort of failed experiment to make a monster girl?

Sounds kinda funny.

>geek girl wants to be a harpy, goes to some dodgy genetics clinic in neo-thailand
>wakes up as too-literal harpy
>ohwell.jpg

And then since she's more than 80% bird she gets reclassified as a pet and sold so the protagonist, who reluctantly has to help her raise money for a new body.

It should be your policy to mellow the fuck out before posting, user.

Twist: she's an actual "harpy" as in she harps on you 24/7 like a jewish wife.

This sounds like the beginning of a great manga or a shadowrun game.

I don't care if it was the GM's magical realm, i'd still play it.

>"user, I need to go to the toilet, open the door already!"
>"user remember to mix the birdseed in with the dinner correctly, I have to eat both."
>"jesus user, hold the spoon steady, I can't-mmph!"
>"user can you get my pills? my neck's feeling stiff again."
>"w-what you mean you don't like my singing? I'm a bird now I have to sing!"
>"hey user did you bring me more books? Remember, they need to be paperback or less than 200 pages so I can hold them properly. And no shitty romance novels!"
>"why haven't you cleaned out my cage?! This is why you never got a girlfriend, idiot, you're such a forgetful loser!"
>"wait, what's that? Is that a... hey! Get that ballgag away from me! user! Aaanmmph!"
>"mmmph! mmmmmggh!"
> "mmm! mmmhh! mmmghaaa- haa, haa, okay, okay, I'm sorry... I won't insult you any more. Please...don't do that again..."
>"you...heh, you can be pretty tough huh? Maybe I misjudged you after all."
>"woah, you may have gone up in my eyes but don't offer me a cracker, racist."

Yeah....we'll just move that wing clipping and detaloning up the schedule as much as possible....if someone asks the bdsm mask is a falconry hood.

I, on the other hand, GM this game.

This is what an ultroloth looks like in my game.

What's the story/sauce on this? It looks a lot like a scene from one of the stories from the (now dead) smut thread.

I just found it on danbooru.

It's all an empty skin.
right to left: Top of abdomen, top of torax, empty center of thorax with legs attached.

>from the (now dead) smut thread
Yeah, what happened to those?
I don't frequent Veeky Forums but everytime I browsed it I always saw one up.

Shitposters spammed it and in it.

The Board Fun Police got them banned by spamming false threads.

In order to get rid of smut threads on Veeky Forums. Worked not at all, just got rid of more creative types and writefags. they tried to do thesame thing with quests. Didn't work out so well for them when they came into /qst/ and gloated about it.

>There'd be a lot of traps

...Most of the Monstergirl Encyclopedia has entries based on critters already in the D&D Mythos. But yeah, barring that, just make qt versions of what said.

Getting biten by a werewolf/vampire/zombie...

I wonder if a lamia could become a vampire or a werewolf?

I doubt that, also, the question, was a "normal" human, who wants to be a monstergirl...

Yeah but now I'm curious.

Like, imagine a wolfsnake.

fluffier, stronger, angrier