Which cool warrior cultures don't have a Space Marines Chapter ripping them off?

Which cool warrior cultures don't have a Space Marines Chapter ripping them off?

Cowboys and Aztecs/Incans/Mayans maybe. I know Veeky Forums did them.

It's ironic cause your image is done by Carcharodons/30k RG.

Tlingit?

Maori?

I think the only area where you might find something like that is most likely something indian or arabic.
Space Sharks are already Maori and Rainbow warriors kind of have been shoehorned into the aztec and incan thing recently.

I don't remember any chapter based on sikhs for example or moorish or saracen culture. If you go more tribal towards masaai you'd probably find some more inspirations as well.

Any kind of Slavic culture in general

The Ancient Hawaiians, the zulu and any african warrior cultures in general

Official chapters or are you also including homebrew?

Amazons

'Murica

>Aztecs/Incans/Mayans maybe.
Rainbow Warriors. Though they have pretty much no fluff beyond a name and apparent theme.

Haven't seen any Irish, Slavic, Byzantine, or Indian chapters.

That's not what they actually look like.

>Byzantine

Oh my god, how have we missed this guys

I know Veeky Forums's own Star Krakens (i.e. space vikings but not furries) had an elite unit called the Varangian Guard off the top of my head but they were a unit of foreign mercenaries and Byzantium itself is too cool to miss out on

Sikh?

I don't remember seeing any Spartan based chapters

>Irish
they existed but got squatted

In addition to Ultramarines being a hodge podge of Roman and Greeks influences you also got these guys among others.

>Though they have pretty much no fluff beyond a name and apparent theme.
They do have fluff.
They were wiped out my an order of Sororitas.

Damn now i just want to see the Space Marine version of a 6 shooter.
Would it be similar to the gun Hellboy has?

America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Some Maori, cowboy, Mountie/lumberjack, and Steve Irwin-esque space marines would be cool as shit

They had those in the abomination called Lovedagger.

Tuaregs, Zulus, Pashtuns, Kurds, Ottoman Turks, Scythians, Thracians, Inuits, Finns, Malays.

Fuckin' loads m8.

ISIS, the Goths, the Vandals, Babylonians, Rhodesia, Vietnam-era America

>tfw no finnish Spacemarines

I honestly don't like the aztec thing people want Rainbow Warriors to be. It doesn't feel right to me.

That, and Veeky Forums has a homebrew chapter like that already, iirc.

>America
America isn't a warrior culture dipshit. Unless you meant Native Americans, but only some tribes had warrior cultures, so you'd have to get more specific.

>Canada
Once again, Canada isn't a warrior culture.

>Australia
See what I said about America, expect change Native American to Aboriginal Australian.

>New Zealand
See above

>Some Maori

>Cowboy
Fair enough, but other people already suggested that before you.

>Mountie/Lumbebrjjack
...fuckin' really?

>Steve Irwin
Are you fucking serious, dude?

All in all, I rate 0/10.
YYou're a dumbass.

how hard would it be to kitbash a pyramid of naked eldar?

>isn't a warrior culture
If we aren't, then no one is... a progressive president used war metaphors to sell us a social safety net in the 60's. Guys who win big in our wars have to work hard NOT to be made chief executive for a few years.
>implying Petraus wasn't a political hatchet job

It's not as common it used to be, but we've still got a strong, living martial tradition.

WW2 Frenchmen

While they have a guard regiment, I don't believe there are any Cossack space

Also. Would love to see some west coast aboriginal inspirainspiration as well there gee dubs

>America
We're guard, not SM.

Rainbow warriors are a cheesy relic of the 80s. They're in the same vain of the band Rainbow. Not Aztecs

My homebrew Mexican Outlaw Chaos warband has those that I invented for them.

For +5pts/model, It's a 12" S5 AP- Pistol, High-Caliber, with "High Caliber" making your opponent re-roll successful Armor Saves against the weapon. Not really worth it against GEQ's (because the AP5 of a Bolt Pistol auto-negates their armor) but more than useful against Space Marines. Still, it's only a pistol.

Are there any asian-themed SM chapters? Aside from the white scars, that is.

>America isn't a warrior culture dipshit.
The American South absolutely had a Warrior Culture and Military Tradition pre-Civil War. Your family honor and social standing was highly dependent on having served at LEAST in the local militia, if not the US (And later CS) Armed Forces. Otherwise, you just weren't a man of honor. The massive social breakdown of the American South during Reconstruction (some of which was self-inflicted by the new generation of Southerners, though much was at the hands of Northern carpetbaggers and political groups) removed much of that warrior culture, but even today Southerners serve in the military at a disproportionately high rate second only to Native Americans because of it.

I remember Veeky Forums doing a western chapter about a year or so ago. It was based around having small "Ranger" squads who went around dealing with smaller scale wars and hunting down pirates and raiders. If I remember right their chapter master had a thing where he would give up his name when he took the position.

Emperor's Shadows.

Iron Hands successors.

That looks really nice. shame that there is barely any info or lore about them.

They were commissioned from Victoria Lamb for a WD article about custom chapters.
The chapter symbol is a Karate Kid joke apparently and that is all there really is to know.

I'm not sure if you're just Autistic or a dumbass

Three-Kingdoms Chinese? No Captain Guan Yu or Chapter Master Lu Bu?

australian outback frontiersmen/bushrangers

>used many historical references and subtly incorporated them into the chapter's iconography

>subtly

Wait are these guys actually canon? I thought they were a fan made chapter

>subtly
GW is a company that consistently tries to reinvent the superlative.
Not really that surprising that plastering kanji all over the minis is subtle by their standards.

Janissaries: children whose ancestry deems them as worthy in the eyes of the Ecclesiarchy are inducted into a specially fanatic chapter which almost goes as "forbidden to arm men, but not women... neither supermen".

Sikhmarines with chain kattars and force chakrams.

Ultramar rips Rome; being a Carthage fan, I once fluffed a rip off of them.

That's both true actually.
if you see here I mentioned GW needed the models for WD originally, but they resurfaced in the how to paint books later.
To some extend every custom scheme that ever showed up in WD or at a Golden Demon or was submitted to one of their contests is in some from 'official' since GW tends to put a footnote everywhere that you are transferring your rights to them, so they don't get sued if the print Games Day coverage in WD or use a golden demon winner for the showcases in their codex books like they used to.

>If we aren't, then no one is...
Ladies and gentlemen: 'murricah.

KING ONI AWAKENS

Sikh use Kirpan, not Kattars

Maccabian Janissaries are a Guard regiment

My bad. Kshatriya then?

Didn't know that.

Tribal Slavs.

Not very many sadly.

Warhammer 40k is pretty terrible when it comes to cultural appropriation.

How about Israelis
Let the shitstorm commence

Carcharadons rip off Maori.

>cheesy

FUCK YOU

Aren't Imperial Fags Byzantine? They sure look it like from the 30k art I've seen.

>Irish
Storm Wardens are Scottish... how close is that to Irish?

>cheesy relic

I bet you also hate Orks you filthy degenerate.

The french got the Sororitas, and minor inclusions in the guard.

I love orks and rainbow marines, man. Actually, all factions except chaos

Rainbow Marines have unique scheme and a name that isn't generic as fuck. I'd play them if they had more stuff written about them

White Scars

>fingols

Nope, a reference to the Greenpeace ship that got sunk around the time WH40K:RT came out.

this one is bretty good

>Storm Wardens are Scottish... how close is that to Irish?
Depends on whether you're asking the Irish and Scottish or anyone else in the world.

In hindsight, the fact that one gets killed by a SoB in RT is hilarious.

Mate, don't make me kill you.

I don't see a difference. But I would like to know the difference.

Explain please?

Not him, but to put it stereotypically, the Scottish hate everyone (including the Scottish), while the Irish only hate the English and Protestants/Catholics depending on North/South.

They started out as a custom chapter by the great Victoria Lamb IIRC. They ended up in WD, and have had casual appearances in a few painting guides since.

Go away, GW. I'm not doing your homework for you.

Gurkhas?

How do you figure they have nothing to do with aztecs when that nigga has a jaguar pelt and war club

>sun
heh

You do NOT mess with Sister Sin.

>Ancient Hawaiians
They're related to the Maori - Polynesians, basically. Good point with the others.

Minotaurs?

I think the Dark Angels' Native American connection was neat, but that was a long time ago.

What on earth would Canadian space marines be like?

Spanish Tercios/Conquistadors

Because that's an edit someone made. An unofficial edit, user.

Crimson Fists.

>my an
Is this suposed to be a stealth pun or some shit?

Because that's a very obvious edit?
They were only shown in rouge trader as a legion, and then never mentioned again, leading some to speculate that they're one of the lost legions.
But other than that, zero info. No apparent theme or characters.

Antebellum South would probably work better as a theme for an Imperial knight house than a Space Marine chapter.

polite and sexually frustrated

He clearly read the OP totally wrong
I understand new Zealand, they had a warrior culture but Australian aborigines are anything but

>australian outback frontiersmen/bushrangers

>not fucking warriors

The Rainbow Warriors name came from the Greenpeace ship, ostensibly as a reference to the same native american legend the ship was named after.

... Except it turns out the 'legend' was made up by some evangelist applying stereotypical indian imagery to his interpretation of the book of revelations- the natives didn't fall for it, but Greenpeace did.

Frankly I understand GW trying to distance themselves from the name. BL mentioned them though.

You'd be building them based on their WW2 reputation, I guess?

Utter psychopaths.

First time I heard of the Rainbow Warriors chapter, I wondered why GW would name it after the Hawaii sports teams.

iirc they were named after some environmental activists that tried to board an oil tanker or something like that.

I feel like Canada is already represented well enough by pretending it's Cadia.

Mohawk and/or Iroquois marines could be neat though.

Go home, russia! You're drunk!

Hi GW! Having problems doing a simple google search for your next marines dex?

>Mohawk and/or Iroquois marines could be neat though.

For some reason I have a lot of trouble finding actual information on Mohawk and Iroquois war culture / legends...

Really? The Iroquois Confederacy was at war with the Wabanaki Confederacy for like a hundred years over a party that got out of hand, nevermind all the wars and mercenary contracts they had with the French and English.

Even the Iroquois/Wabanaki declaration of war was interesting: they're both sarcastic assholes when speaking formally so it went something like "We will part ways now, and if I should miss the sight of your face I will come and visit you, and you are welcome to do the same"

Raven Guard would fit, or an RG successor.
Good call, user.

Where can I find more information to this nature?

Smell like maple syrup. Wrestle bears. Fell trees with one blow. That sorta shit.