What in hecks name

So it looks like Marvel copy-pasted Tau vehicles with minimal changes, thoughts on the future lawsuit?

Other urls found in this thread:

graphicpolicy.com/2016/04/28/is-that-tau-in-venom-space-knight-paging-gw-lawyers/
exhentai.org/g/762680/b69ac74276/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that 3d is fucking disgusting, was this comic made to sel with a ps2 launch title ?

This is old news, man. So I'll say the same dumb joke I did last time this was posted: Wouldn't be the first time the name "Space Knight" has been associated with lawsuits over image rights.

It's a pretty recent issue, I don't read much of Marvel but the quality is bad. There's more about it in this article: graphicpolicy.com/2016/04/28/is-that-tau-in-venom-space-knight-paging-gw-lawyers/

Yeah I found out about this now unfortunately, but man they didn't even try to cover it up. In one panel you can see the Tau symbol.

Two things surprised me about this when it came out
First, actually reads Venom SK
Second, Venom's back to being evil again

Oh dear. So they scaled up the main hull, but kept the drone and side door the same size, so now there's a huge hole in the side, and since it's an empty, single-sided model, you see the wall behind through it.

QUALITY

I don't read it personally, a friend pointed out this article to me
graphicpolicy.com/2016/04/28/is-that-tau-in-venom-space-knight-paging-gw-lawyers/

Yep
God Marvel went down the shitter

The artist changed in the next chapter so I guess something happened

I wouldn't be surprised if that same artist never came back again

Oh my god are you people still so thick as to think a standard sci-fi background reference is something people lawsuit over

please see

GW only sues people that can't bankrupt them like small distributors or their own consumer base. Chasing down Marvel will result in papa Disney drowning GW in lawyers and tying the case up in court until GW goes bankrupt and is forced to sell to Disney.

/co/ here

This is very tame compared to other marvel blunders.

Is he...is he making a face THROUGH the armor? Is that normal? Did he get some weird bioarmor or something?

Looks like some kinda magical DR. Strange scene.

You people dont know the half of it.

The comics are still around due to the movies making most of marvels money now

These are from DoW I assets.

Microsoft let Deadpool get away with the Battle Rifle and Halo 1 pistol from the Halo series

That looks like the battle rifle and the assault rife had an un holy abortion

It's definitely the battle rifle though. It's even got the little alternating triangles

Post the one where Hulk gets some kind of energy armor that makes him look like The World.

Oh thank god, its atleast Deadpool with the Halo kit. I was worried it might've been some shitty person.

ZA WARUDO

TOKI WO TOMARE

I doubt this is was intended to be a secret.

I'm pretty sure this is Marvel's way of showing GW onto its back, stepping on its neck, and says "go ahead and sue us, you pussy".

>OH YEAH
And now I'm mentally replacing the Kool Aid Man with the Hulk and it improves the commercials in literally every way.

>Implying Marvel is capable of experiencing love

Um...s-sauce...

Thats a super generic looking gun though. There's honestly not much to distinguish it from even modern guns. The tau tank is a totally different case, since they stole the entire damn design AND took the bloody t'au insigna which I think might be copyrigted

You know that GW stole those from Blade Runner Spinners right?

RIGHT?

If I tell you will you agree to an alliance with the Tau?

Never thought that I'd feel sorry for GW.

Uh...well...sure? Yeah, yeah I will! I never liked the Emperor anyway! Fuck him! For the greater good!

Y-yes.

Love/Hate Letter, Gue'vesa

Fucking lol
The fuck am I looking at?

exhentai.org/g/762680/b69ac74276/

Heh. I think what we have is a lazy illustrator. If he's not already a big name, then his career is in big trouble.

Disney can squash GW like a bug. OTOH GW has them dead to rights. So I smell a settlement. Some money will change hands, maybe an apology, and that's that.

When GW sues someone, it's usually small fry. They want to make an example of someone, maybe bankrupt them.

Like what they tried to do with Chapterhouse. That case illustrates the risks of doing this. The case backfired and set a judicial precedent that fucked up their whole IP strategy.

Too bad that page is the only good part of the doujin.

>inb4 GW won't sue because they are afraid of Disney
The artist literally downloaded DoW assets, upscaled it while keeping the side size so it looks like a flyer, positioned it, took a screenshot and pasted it into the comic. He didn't even remove the copyrighted Tau symbols.
No matter how much money Disney would throw at the lawsuit, GW would win. This case is unwinable for Disney and the only thing they can gain from it is the rights to use a shitty and generic flyer.
If GW won't sue it will be for other reasons, not them being afraid Disney.

It makes sense if it's intended for the troops to shoot out of the bay sides, like a helicopter or VTOL.

That's not exactly a trace, or whatever you're making it out to be... Although it does look dumb.

He had some fancy Extremis armour for a while?

As points out, it's a generic gun. On top of that, visual references aren't exactly against the law. Although honestly the artist probably saved the gun in a folder labeled "GUNS" as opposed to making an intentional Halo nod.

There have also been plenty of things where people put things like The TARDIS or the Enterprise or something in scenes. What's really egregious (but I don't think it's at all illegal) is they seem to be literally using game models, and badly at that.

I don't even think that one is intentional. Put on Hulk like that, it looks like the same kind of "this isn't as cool as you think it is" armour design you'd expect from Marvel.

yeah but everything in/about deadpool is garbage so that's really no surprise

>Chasing down Marvel will result in papa Disney drowning GW in lawyers and tying the case up in court until GW goes bankrupt and is forced to sell to Disney.

Unless Disney really wanted to own GW then I doubt it, Disney would just settle out of court.

/co/ blasted your marvel apologist ass so bad you gotta go to other boards now?

god what happened to marvel

Honestly, I think people make too big a deal out of this stuff.
It's not even as bad as the time when a White Wolf artist literally just traced Dante with a shotgun instead of a sword.
Or, I mean, the OP thing

Comics are dead, they're only around for Disney to keep the movie rights secure. They don't give a shit about the quality.

To be fair, the Halo guns typically have their inspirations. If someone tried to sue, they can claim "It's a customized FAMAS or Walther P99" or something to weasel their way out.

You forgot necron and wave serpent.

*cape comics

This artist is just awful. Not even because of the obviously stolen assets, but just the simple quality of it.

You could tell me it's a fan comic from DeviantArt, and I would absolutely believe you.

>but man they didn't even try to cover it up. In one panel you can see the Tau symbol.
More likely, as with the case of MANY artist:

>Artist googled "Space Vehicles"
> "Oh those look cool" copy.
>The Tau symbol do look like just added tech decals. People not in the know would not know it's a copy-righted emblem.

Likely very unintentional.

>You could tell me it's a fan comic from DeviantArt, and I would absolutely believe you.
If you told me that, I'd say you insult DevantArt. Occasionally they turn some good stuff. A Fistful of Arrows is the best Halo comic I've read.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not someone that dismisses DeviantArt off-hand. There's some amazing art on there. But there's a lot of terrible stuff, too.

True enough. I heard someone say that DevantArt makes him feel ashamed, either because of some of the amazing art he'll never create anything close to, or the shittier aspects which make him ashamed to be human. I wish A Fistful of Arrows is canon. It's an odd day when Karen Traviss makes canon but this doesn't.

She's got her blind Fandalorian cult to guarantee she'll make sales.

It's sad. I like the old Star Wars E.U. but even I admit how shitty some parts are. We have great guys like Kyle but shit like those Mandalorians too.

There are definitely old parts about the EU that I miss, like everything KotOR, Soontir Fel, Pellaeon, the Fel Empire, etc. But I had to admit when the wipe was announced that about 70% of the EU is just terrible. I think it was a good decision.

that was actually published... Dear fuck my eyes hurt.

Considering how much I dislike the new stuff, I disagree. If I wanted to see plot points from the older works be shamelessly rehashed in the new movies & stuff, I'd be praising Batman vs Superman, current Dragon Ball, etc. The concept of Han Solo's kid gone evil altogether made me think of Jacen.

Regardless of how you feel about Kylo Ren, he's still way better of how Jacen was when he went Caedus. Legacy of the Force nearly killed my interest in the Star Wars EU.

The Revan novel was the final bullet, and genuinely one of the worst books I've ever read.

But now we don't have a sexy twin sister.

Jaina's one of those few things in the old EU I missed. I enjoyed her character.

I finally got around to reading this. THanks annon. Holy fuck this comic and it's extra information is my new favorite piece of cannon for halo. Yes, Canon.

Brian Bolland left 2000AD for this shit?