/comfy/ ByteBall Discussion

Any honest DAG hodlers here?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6l06su/iota_vs_byteball/
byteball.org/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1799665.0
hackernoon.com/why-i-find-iota-deeply-alarming-934f1908194b
reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6hln28/can_someone_tell_me_some_bad_things_about_iota/
medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367
reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/77zpf0/is_iota_massively_overvalued/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1965336.0
medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d
byteroll.com/witness
steemit.com/byteball/@vindyne8/byteball-another-q-and-a-with-dev-tonych
reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/69f7jn/in_your_own_words_how_is_a_byteball_transaction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why isn't Veeky Forums all over this? Airdrop in February, and it's a working IOTA. IOTA set the stage for ByteBall to take the thrown, since IOTA's next move is going to be shitting their pants on stage when they can't deliver in front of the world.

The dumb money is going to flock to this like a rock, and the smart money is preparing for that.

Plus it haz games in the wallet
#dungeon
#crazyrussianico
#kys

Holding since 0.33 btc

BB is entirely centralized. It isn't focused around a DAG same way IOTA and RaiBlocks are. Instead it uses a crippled witness system instead of reaching consensus between the user nodes.

Also the front page is centered about retarded gimmicks. This is a complete scamcoin.

The Byteball airdrops were fucking nice. Traded it all back into Bitcoin and it's worth thousands of dollars now. Unbelievable.

It's not well marketed though. I think it's only one developer. Lost in the seas of shitcoins.

>0.33

That was it's price at one point? I'm kinda new to it honestly, but love it (same enthusiasm I had for IOTA before discovering, shortly after, that is was total BS). Can't believe this thing isn't talked about, this is the solution to BTC's slow transactions, just fuck blockchain for that and use DAG/ByteBall.

Also, IOTA focused on M2M which was kind of retarded imo, I really enjoy the p2p focus of byteball, because that's a much more immediate and applicable problem to be solved.

Amateur hour: The coin

There's just so much wrong in what little things you had said, but let's start with this:

>scamcoin
And your only arguement for this is the witnesses? That's like saying BTC is centralized because miners.

You know IOTA is quite literally centralized, right? It's just a centralized server.

Just dropping this in: reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6l06su/iota_vs_byteball/

It's dropping the DAG term just to piggyback off the DAG boom. I'd much rather but my money into RaiBlocks if I were to bet for an IOTA competitor.

My argument is that it has no point calling itself DAG. Also lol at IOTA being centralized. I've said this like 3 times today already, but the coordinator can't mutate the ledger state, accept double spends or create new transactions. It also doesn't do the work, the work is done in a scalable manner. BB is centralized, IOTA is not.

Do you have any reasoning to back up those claims? This is one of the most solid projects out there, and the only solid DAG project that exist.

ByteBall is literally DAG though, so I don't know where you're getting this info from. Perhaps you're confusing DAG with """"TANGLE""""""".

IOTA is completely centralized and the COO won't ever be removed imo. I don't know where you're just tryna FUD or if you believe what you're saying

Now is the time you do something to prove your claims, mr shill

and nice "source" with reddit, that eragmus user is one of the dumbest fucks on there, and all his sources are also reddit threads or iota blog posts. I read that thread last night, anyhow

You didn't prove any of your claims (IOTA holders never do). But, for the first claim that ByteBall isn't DAG:
>byteball.org/
The whitepaper is right there, or you can browse around.
>bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1799665.0

I honestly don't have a clue where you got the idea it's not DAG, unless you think Tangle = DAG.

And as for the second claim, of IOTA not being centralized, and solid FUD in general:
>hackernoon.com/why-i-find-iota-deeply-alarming-934f1908194b
This addresses the centralization of the COO
>reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6hln28/can_someone_tell_me_some_bad_things_about_iota/
>medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367
>reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/77zpf0/is_iota_massively_overvalued/
>bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1965336.0

Plus the devs get BTFO on BTCtalk and throw temper tantrums on reddit.

Not shilling btw I odn't hol dof any either

Alright, nice that you did some actual source linking. Before I dive into that, care to explain how you think the witness system is less centralized than the coordinator?

It doesn't matter if Byteball is better or worse than IOTA. As long as it is the only other popular DAG, it will be pumped soon because of the IOTA pump.

There's just literally no arguement to make for IOTA being decentralized. All you have to do is read about the coordinator and it's apparent, plus ther'es plenty of articles, threads etc if you search "iota centralized coordinator" and you can read all day about it.

I didin't have many links on hand and there's many more available via a quick search.

And I'm still scratching my head wondering how you plan to justify byteball not being dag.

Her'es another good link but the real meat of it is in the comments where IOTA devs try to address it:

medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d

I bookmark just about anything useful, comes in handy. I'll get back to you on the witness systems, I remember reading about it last night (I didn't like the sound of it at first, but that turned around after reading). I g2g rn but I'll try to bump this before it dies.
I agree, but also think ByteBall is good LTH.

Ok, it looks like it really is a DAG and the reddit thread was FUD, so that's great too.

I was initially worried about the 12 witnesses because I thought it was another "trusted setup" scam where the devs can collude and flip shit over night, but:

Basic and technical explanation:
>byteroll.com/witness

Cntrl+f witness to find relevant stuff
>steemit.com/byteball/@vindyne8/byteball-another-q-and-a-with-dev-tonych

Laymen speak, analogies, etc
>reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/69f7jn/in_your_own_words_how_is_a_byteball_transaction/

I don't see there being an arguement for centralization here any moreso than I would for a blockchain being centralized due to miners (or a PoS due to whales).

Yeah, lots of FUD (on both sides). Byteball is great, I first heard about when this guy on btctalk was BTFO'ing the devs and saying ByteBall is the only honest dag tech.

It's a cool project, user friendly wallet, working and decentralized DAG that scales just like IOTA intended to.. Hugely undervalued imo, I hope one day I pay for my coffee using my digital balls

Personally I vowed to stay away from IOTA when that asshole come-from-beyond was talking about building a revolutionary microchip built specifically for IOTA. I was thinking, "with whose money asshole", this isn't 1978 where a guy like Woz can build a CPU in his garage, you need billions in R&D and factories to do that crap now.

You're right, I quickly skimmed some of your resources so far and it's seeming more and more sound, sorry about the initial reaction. This might have a shot at challenging IOTA, as well as XRB, as time passes and the initial hype dies down.

Still gotta say I dislike the site being focused on all the pointless gimmicks even though it looks good. Leaves a shady aftertaste in the mouth, when the project itself looks actually maybe pretty good.

Exactly, and the IOTA devs are dumb enough to require all hardware be trinary or some shit. Just unbelievable, it's going to crash hard sooner or later.

One of the most devastating things to me in terms of not touching IOTA was that the devs invented their own crypto algo and closed sourced it. That breaks the absolute number 1 rule of cryptography, and after that happened I refused to put any money in it, too sketchy when there's real projects out there with crypto professionals. There's many more reasons highlighted in the links I've posted too, great reads.

another issue is that IOTA devs and holders can't dispute the fud they just ban hammer. That's a big no no.

Sorry about my hostility too, a lot of IOTA fanboys are just fanatical about their pipe dreams and refuse too listen to criticisms, when in reality any investor should be able to refute any and all fud.

>gimmicks
Why did you feel the site was gimmicky? Do you mean because of the p2p betting? If so I kind of understand, but that's a live demonstration of working smart contracts being deployed (like ETH's stupid cat frenzy as of late), and more games more fun more normies more adoption more money.

Byteball has a large focus on user friendliness, which is a big for mass adoption imo. The team also sucks balls at marketing which is fine for me so it stays cheap for awhile.

And I'm not saying to buy now, there's an airdrop in February and it's been leaking since the last one, so I'm wating for the trend reversal to buy in as hype builds for the airdrop

Yeah, I mean exactly the betting. It would have been just fine but I wouldn't list betting, chats and bots among the few first points.

> That breaks the absolute number 1 rule of cryptography
Yeah, and actually they did break the general no 1 rule when they wrote their own crypto, then they played it off as intentional which was dumb as hell.

I'll have to review the resources you posted more thoroughly tomorrow, but I think you actually just convinced me about BB being a very sound invest after all.

What's your opinion about RaiBlocks, btw? Another interesting DAG project, although crappy marketing and small. I don't think the devs should be at war with each other like they are now.

I haven't looked at all into RaiBlocks, I've been meaning to. Just heard about it last night after going balls deep in ByteBall research. I imagine anything DAG related will get some huge price pumps soon though.

Whoops, getting tired. I basically re-typed the thing you said about breaking rule #1 of crypto

Tbh BB is doing a lot better currently on the market, but XRB does have a smart man behind it

>I imagine anything DAG related will get some huge price pumps soon though.
Yeah, that's for sure. As long as some of the projects proves their worth, we can finally say bye bye to blockchains, which would be great.

>buh bye memechains
I think blockchains will still have a lot use just for securely transmitting data when time is of less importance (someone more knowledgable than me can probably think of many use cases for blockchain over DAG), but for p2p transactions like buying coffee, I doubt it will be better than DAG tech, but we're still in the infant stages of both, so we'll see.

DDDAAAGGG

I don't disagree, but indeed since most cryptos are about P2P transactions blockchains just don't seem work for them too well as per the current situation, unless we see some big developments there.

My RXB wallet has been synchronizing since yesterday so I'm not gonna shill you on it further, it's got its own issues so I think you'll be better off doing your own research than listening to my limited knowledge

>RXB
XRB. Shit I'm off to bed. Thanks for the thread anyway!

Use raiwallet.com