Tundra civ ep.65 - Standing on the Edge

Welcome everyone, new and old players alike! This is Tundra civ, a civ thread series in a fictional, non-fantasy setting where you play as the rulers of the White Republic, a nation in a world similar to our own.
Check out the pastebin for story, technologies, stats etc (updating it right now)
pastebin.com/t7gWa2pa
And an archive of previous threads if you want to skim through some of them.
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.tg/subject/Civ/username/Civ bulgar/page/1/
Previously on Tundra civ:
The nations of the Occidental Axis continue their war against the Organisation and its metal armies. The Spirelords have taken the God-Emperor of the Kaichou hostage and have retreated to the Eye of Sand. The combined Axis forces have rushed to stop whatever it is the enemy is doing and now we stand at the edge of a massive complex, from which we are detecting enormous energy readings.
What lies within that complex?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93B6Q13wfwM&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=46MALEk-7cE
youtube.com/watch?v=AniH_l_ViTE
youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
youtube.com/watch?v=ZN278LV4Xrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

General Malhus, along with the elite 1st Army is standing at the edge of the Complex, having broken through the automatons' defence lines.
He personally commands 80 000 of our best men, with 700 tanks, 1400 combat vehicles and 300 helicopters.
What orders will we give the General?
A.Pull back for now and rejoin the rest of the forces - his position is vulnerable and is at risk of getting cut off
B.Hold his position until further reinforcements arrive
C.Enter the complex

Current military equipment is roughly at late Vietnam War-levels against an advanced enemy that uses robot armies

i'm here
>C.Enter the complex
Malhus is a trusted general, he'll surely bring favorable results.
and 700 tanks isn't a small force

>C.Enter the complex

Rolled 20 (1d100)

General Malhus is ordered to advance into enemy grounds.

A huge complex of metal stands, spanning far ahead - large walls rise out of the sand, massive towers with fixed defence systems. Outside the complex - a massive army of automatons, tanks, gunships, walkers. We detect at least one large object in flight - a heavily armed doomship!
The enemy's strongest forces are protecting whatever lies inside the complex, whatever's emmitting these frequencies - some kind of superweapon, most likely.
The enemy forces Malhus sees appear overwhelming in firepower and likely at least equal in numbers.
A.Order the advance! More of our forces will follow
B.Wait for reinforcements before attacking
C.Deploy tactical nuclear warheads(smaller yields, developed by the Kaichou for such situations)

>C.Deploy tactical nuclear warheads(smaller yields, developed by the Kaichou for such situations)
situational options are best, using a nuke as breaching charge is likely to bring good results.

C.Deploy tactical nuclear warheads(smaller yields, developed by the Kaichou for such situations)

Nuclear launch detected.
Give me one roll.

Rolled 97 (1d100)

holy shit

Rolled 39 (1d100)

Amazing success!
The Emperor's nuclear weaponry is far more advanced than our own, it appears - delivery system, accuracy, control, EMP - it is perfected for tactical use against automaton forces like this.
The entire enemy army has been wiped out or disabled!
The way is now clear for the 1st army to advance.

Forward scouts have discovered a major structure in the center of the complex - the energy readings seem to be coming from within or underneath it.
It is a spire-fortress. Pipelines, railways, roads connect to it. Automated turrets and guards protect it - the last enemy line of defence?
They will be simple enough to deal with, but what about the fortress?
A.Destroy it from afar
B.Secure the grounds around it and await reinforcements
C.Assault it with as many troops as we can
D.Send our best men in

A.

>C.Assault it with as many troops as we can

a bit slow today isnt

Well, got something to do in the meanwhile
TRUMP RALLY
youtube.com/watch?v=93B6Q13wfwM&feature=youtu.be

>D.Send our best men in
i'm gonna go sleep.
Everyone have nice time.

>D.Send our best men in

D Send our best men
I'm here I just had a 4 hour session of muai thai with a renown world champion.

Blitzkriegers, Njordgales, rangers, paratroopers - the finest in our army will be sent in - including Skyfather Company - the men who were able to capture an enemy doomship some time ago.
Give me two rolls now - one for our men, one for the enemy

Nice, I started training kyokushin again this week - the current world champion trains in my dojo.

Rolled 22 (1d100)

Nice, hope you like your dojo

Rolled 80 (1d100)

Hope we all don't die

Rolled 98 (1d100)

you fucking asshole

Hey it my first roll of the night

get out or stop rolling

The earth began to shake. Our men inside were fighting against the guards when it started.
We've lost 53 of the 470 men we sent in so far.
We're now getting massive readings from underground - increasing with every moment. Something is coming!
A.Get everyone to cover
B.Withdraw the men from the spire-fortress and get to cover
C.Stand our ground and be ready for whatever comes
D.Other idea

A.

>A.Get everyone to cover

A.Get everyone to cover

A
Look like I'm just in time

A massive automaton is approaching the general's position. It is flying a white flag - symbol of negotiation and non-aggression - and hasn't opened fire yet.
A radio message is being broadcast on open frquencies.
"We shall speak with you - you have this one and only chance to learn - lower your guns, our messenger is approaching"
A.Let it approach(taking the appropriate security measures)
B.Blow that thing up!

>A.Let it approach(taking the appropriate security measures)

Ayy Lmao

>A.Let it approach(taking the appropriate security measures)

Reluctantly accept.

The automaton stops at a certain distance. A device shines and a moving, autonomous projection is spawned - a hologram.
"You, soldiers of the White Republic, you will spread our message to the rest of the world.
You have this chance of surrendering and you will be spared. You have fought hard, but you have reached your limit - your feeble weapons can not match the power of what we are about to unleash."

Reports are coming in that Kotoima was attacked by Spirelord forces and the Imperial Palace was once again the target - it is now occupied by automatons as kaichou troops struggle to recapture the grounds.

"This world will bow down to us and accept our rule now - the consequences of resistance will be fatal."
"Our technology is beyond your comprehensions and if you would cast away the shackles of nations, races, tribes and join us you may partake in the labors of a better world that is to come - the world that was meant to be of this planet when we first came here. This is our only warning and offer - within the next hour we expect to recieve the unconditional surrender of your governments."

The message has been broadcast to radio and television across the world by the Spirelords.

How shall the government in Centerhold answer this? Be creative

Flip it the bird

The White Republic will never give in, better Dead than Red

blow it up=have our industry massively produce explosives. With great sacrifices must we win.

Our responce will be to
A.Request further negotiations
B.Surrender
C.Insult them
D.Open fire
E.Insult them and open fire
F.Other idea

C.

We got to know more before we kill them, but at the same time if we choose A the message is being broadcast to everyone, so the Spirelords will try to sweeten their words

So that why I'm going for
>E.Insult them and open fire
if that doesn't get enough vote then I'm alright with going with
C. Insult them

>E

>C.Insult them

"why? Why should we? Why should we bow down to a bunch of tyrants thinking themselves all powerful world builders just beacause they have some "doom ships".

We won't surrender coward.

I know we aren't going to win.

It's victory or death

so let's dance this dance of death

And see if you will die too."

E.Insult them and open fire

What should our insult be?
A.Something short and simple(I've got a 5-word idea)
B.Something more complex (Suggest something)

A.Something short and simple(I've got a 5-word idea)
Let's see your idea.

>A.Something short and simple(I've got a 5-word idea)

A. I want to see your idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=46MALEk-7cE

General Juggar Malhus took off his helmet and coat - it's pretty hot out here. He took a few seconds to smoke his cigar first before taking his pistol out and pointing it at the huge machine about 50 meters ahead.
"Blow it out your ass."
He pulled the trigger and his forces opened fire.
Roll twice for us and twice for the enemy

Rolled 44, 77, 29, 57 = 207 (4d100)

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Good old Duke Nukem

Rolled 84 (1d100)

user you only roll one die just to let you know

Roll one die, user

Sorry for posting the same thing twice it wasn't showing up for me.

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Rolled 13 (1d100)

>132 (Us) vs 25 (Them) 5x more
This was great roll, Malus is the badass that will save our planet.

132vs25
The walker is down! It certainly had a menacing appearance, but it appears to have been what the chinks call a "Paper tiger".
We've got reports from elsewhere of enemy forces falling back - the Axis armies are advancing rapidly.
The EM readings from underground are intensifying now. Their main source is coming from several hundred meters underneath, about 1 kilometer ahead.

A.Hold positions, wait and see, reinforcements are on the way
B.Find whatever the source of these frequencies is
C.Call in nuclear strikes on the source coordinates

>B.Find whatever the source of these frequencies is

>B.Find whatever the source of these frequencies is

Orders are to advance on the Source!
Give me one(1) 1d100 roll.

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Rolled 32 (1d100)

The earth continues to rumble - the source is going upwards
"Get down!" Someone shouted
Wasn't much need for that - the earth opened up, but not in an earthquake kind of way - massive underground hangar doors revealed themselves, sliding aside to allow something to leave.
That something appears to be a doomship - but its size and weaponry is far beyond any flying fortress we've seen so far. It could carry several of those, given its huge proportions.
This is no simple flying fortress - it is a ship, designed to traverse the depths of space! No open entrances or glass windows are to be found. It boasts railguns, hangar bays, laser cannons and missile silos. It appears to be equipped with both conventional engines and the antigraviton propulsers the doomships employ.
This spaceship is gaining altitude, ignoring the forces on the ground
A.Take it down
B.Attempt to board it
C.Wait and see
D.Other

>its a fucking spaceship

PANIC

>A.Take it down
>B.Attempt to board it
I think we should aim that the engines and fire everything we got on it, to created a opening for our men to board it.

Also prepared nukes to be dropped if we're not able to stop it. Our men know the price they have to paid if we don't stop this here and now.

B.

>A.Take it down

Board it
We shall use it to conquer the stars

We'll attempt to board and if not - disable the ship.
This vessel has firepower and sturdiness beyond anything we've ever encountered before - expect a tough fight!
Roll two for us and two for them
And start rolling out the music

Rolled 56 (1d100)

Here we go

Some music
youtube.com/watch?v=AniH_l_ViTE
And other anons roll since I'm only going to roll once per turn.

Rolled 100 (1d100)

My God(s)

Rolled 10 (1d100)

holy jeus

>100
Galenus you mad man! You did it, good thing I didn't roll again

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Here my roll

156 vs 63
Reinforcements have arrived, just in time!
Coordinating with Kaichou HQ, Malhus launches several EMP missile strikes on the spaceship- successfuly disabling its barriers and shields. A tactical nuke hits the massive vessel, rocking it to its side.
Our jets are engaging the enemy's light air support. Attack helicopters are rushing forward as transports are carrying the Skyfather Company, led by Malhus, and a whole host of Axis troops that are preparing to board the ship through a newly created breech in its portside hull.

Aboard helicopters prayers are made. The ship's defences haven't all been disabled and many of our flyers will go down in flames before reaching the enemy, but such is the way of this war.
youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
Roll 2v2 for boarding action!

Rolled 93 (1d100)

Malhus got this

Rolled 7 (1d100)

Rolled 47 (1d100)

god dam it Galenus

>7
At least with my 93 it make it a even 100, let's just hope the next rolls are below 100

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Don't hate me

if the roll higher then 53 then we lose

100vs104
Roughly half the choppers went down on their way, but what we've landed inside the ship are 60 men of the Skyfather Company and another 800 capable paratroopers, rangers, njordgales and blitzkriegers.
We've established a perimeter at the LZ - General Malhus now needs to give his orders
A.Go for the engines and stabilizers
B.Go for the weapons systems
C.Go for the command deck

>A.Go for the engines and stabilizers

A.Go for the engines and stabilizers

A. Ground the ship.

"We need to target the engines first boys. Let's get to it!"
2 rolls for both sides and a side of music for hyp

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Rolled 42, 90 = 132 (2d100)

hopeing to roll low