Warmachine/Hordes General: Lock & Load Edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

no pithy title insulting soles, im disappointed OP

should've been '#designspace edition' using the nerfbat pic

the next one should do that considering the m3 rules will be live by then haha

Are Mercs getting a battlebox this time around, or should I just be sad?

They get multiple battle boxes!

You just have to buy the parts separately and there is no discount.

no real battlebox don't be sad though mercs got gud

Protectorate Army - 24 / 75 (+29) points

(Vindictus 1) Vice Scrutator Vindictus [+29]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- Knights Exemplar Officer [3]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- Knights Exemplar Officer [3]

Not sure where to go from here. Any help?

jacks, choir, a vassal

Get wrekt cry babies

ooh that one's even better than the other one

Sadness

That's good. Not going to lie, I'm not sure who's good, but I definitely want Fiona at least. What is a good starting group for her? I've heard the Comadore is good with her

I want to get into warmahordes but I'm currently split between starting with khador and trollbloods. which faction would you recommend and why?

What about them got so good? aside from the nomad being an 11 point heavy with a POW 18 2" reach

Supposedly feora3 and madrak3 spotted at LnL

pick the one with the visual aesthetics you like the best. you have to enjoy looking at the things you build, put on the table, and paint.

every faction has good models. there is no "starter faction."

Khador got really good for mk3 if that means anything to you.

Thing with khador always was, they had the biggest, stompiest looking things. instead of light jacks they basically had steampunk space marines. trouble was, they sucked pretty hard. now they don't.

is sevvy dead or no

honestly those make the most sense as new 3s.

along with caine, skarre, vayl, sorscha

How do I go about sticking the most Mountain Kings into a list?

We haven't heard anything about Sev. I doubt Feora is hierarch though, since Kreoss is super pissed at her and PP's said that there's an internal schism in the Protectorate as of 3e.

Pick a caster and a point level for your list. Then fill it with Mountain Kings.

Oh sure. I just figured it'd be hard to have an internal schism if Sevvy was still alive. I wouldn't think anyone would take his place yet, but if anyone, it wouldn't be Feora.

Don't

So one MK, one GK and one Sea King

and then you're well over points, gg, DQ loss

Heh, sure, but what jacks? I dunno what you take instead of just two Reckoners in every list.

Least nerfed faction. Many PC reductions are good. Tends to have played combined arms in MK2 (pre-colossal) so should transition well.

Bit hard to say. She's always liked units because she's upkeep based. A good solo target for Telgesh Mark and a Roth's Mercy unit where her big "buys" in MK2.

Battlegroup wise? X2 Mariner may work out. It was almost good before but now with Power Up it's more efficient. Galleon should still be good with her too.

>least nerfed
>cygnar exists
wat

Hes good. Vayl has no reason to exsist

I guess the argument is that Vayl3 has more reason to be than Thagrosh3 at the moment.

"Kreoss has a horse? I deserve a horse too! Malakus, get me a horse!"

I have no experience with her but you pretty much can't go wrong with a nomad now

contracts removed, dwarf jacks especially improved, lots of minor buffs when most factions got nerfed

Komrade. Play Kaador.

*i actually misread the initial post and jumped the gun a bit. I thought he was asking how the sevys were and how vayl was in mkiii

trollblood models look kinda crusty so im probably gonna get the khador battlebox and go from there

vayl has no reason to exist, what?

You won't regret Khador I don't think.

Kozlov (new battlebox caster is really cool). Going from there you can't really go wrong with an Irusk (if you like troops a lot), a Sorscha (assassinatey) or a Butcher (super-solo)

The Guardian is the new sauce now. MAT 7, 2" P+S18 spear, an open fist, and an arc node when you need it.

Yea I definitely think I'm going to run a more infantry based list

you're certainly paying for the arc node even if you don't use it. even if you want to arc buffs how often is the guardian going to be in position to do that effectively

had this discussion with anons a couple days ago, I still think it should be post-dragonfather twins3. have everblight send them to zu as punishment for what they did or something

Irusk1, Irusk2, Butcher1, and Vlad1 want to say hi :)

for jacks you cannot go wrong with Behemoth, Grolar/Kodiak, a Juggernaut, a Spriggan, and Ruin. (not all in the same list of course)

Not happening. They're THE newest Legion casters.

While that makes narrative sense, Twins2 are too new for them to get yet another mechanics upgrade. That would be kinda bullshit frankly (and they didn't even fix the massive issues with eTwins when they had the chance, sigh). Losing the athanc means there's less good reason for Thags3. Due to that I'd say, give us Vayl3. Preferably with Refuge ;)

Kinda funny; Vayl hasn't done anything to justify Vayl3, but then that was exactly the case for Vayl2 anyway.

Please tell me how much the Sea King costs

Zuu announcement when?

compare price points with other gargs. it's not going to be less than 36 points. with 30 WJP you're over. learn to do 2nd grade math

watch it be fucking kallus

keynote is 9pm pst I've heard

Sometime after 9 PM PST.

OK, but how much does it cost? Can you tell me that shitlord?

You can't

He does have something going on plotwise.

Is all this on the wiki? I have a really hard time keeping up with all the new lore they put out. Basically I'm stuck in time with whatever they put in the official Primer and Forces of... books.
I wanna get caught up. How best to do that?

Also, I've been thinking of starting a collection for a new army. I currently play Menoth, and I was thinking of doing Convergence next. I know nothing about them, I've never played a game against them, but I fucking love the way they look.
On the other hand, would it be silly to collect a new Warmachine army when I could instead start a Hordes army.

What do you guys think? Sacrifice my love of aesthetics for a different shtick and new words for the already existing rules? Or should I just jump right into my Necron-Borg army?

>Kallus2
L:arge base
Centaur looking

>Madrak3
Madrak the Protector
Has a shield and spears

>Feora3
Feora the Conquering Flame
Mounted

Source on Kallus?

Before, her big unit was Boomhowler because of Roths Mercy, which doesn't look like it has changed. Her feat still makes Assassins basically untouchable.

I mean, the only thing that looks to have changed are Cultists, since her Cultists are actually useful this time around. Just not sure what to use. My instinct is like Press Gangers, and you can use one of p/eAlexia to take advantage of the sacrifices.

What's special about the Nomad this time around?

I want to make a purchase, but idk what I should grab.

I'm cool with Kallus.

the exact point cost doesnt matter you fucking moron. you can't afford 3 gangs in a list, no matter how you slice it

>Kallus2

MOTHERFUCKER

The Nomad is an 11-point POW 18, 2" reach, ARM 18 heavy, with a shield, is the point.

There's not really a good collection of fluff, and in some ways it's getting harder to keep up now that Skull Island eXpeditions (SIX) is putting out now novels/novellas more frequently.

hell i wish they would put out a mk1/mk2 fluff compendium with all the stories from all the rule books. people would eat that shit up.

You remove cultists from play, they don't leave tokens for Alexia.

is Kallus2 confirmed or are you just conjecturing user

So how does Skorne crack armour in Mk3? I feel like I shouldn't need to ask this, but our shit just feels bad now. Take this Nomad that you meme loving fucks are talking about. I need a 14 point Gladiator with 5-7 point Beast Handler support for that P+S, which doesn't have reach, and has less armour. I used to feel comfortable in my faction's ability to crack armour, but now it seems like every jack running faction makes fucking roadkill out of me.

Are... Are you retarded? Of course the exact point cost matters. Reread what you just posted and, I don't know, rethink your life or something

Can't argue with that. Damn.

Ah shit. Oh well. I've always wanted to run Alexia and Fiona together, but I guess they kind of hinder each other now.

No.

Makus' fluff references him as being Hierarch and it's set during MK3's time.

It's almost exactly the same, and tbf armor skew isn't as common and it doesn't seem as hard to crack infantry as it used to (In general, there are specific examples that are hard)

The Gladiator with handlers is good, find some way to toss Fury for the usual shenanigans as well. Remember that all titans have a 1" reach now, so their threat ranges have gone up in general.

I think that some combined arms is going to happen, too, with the general buffs to the ranged game that Skorne's getting between their slingers, the buffs to artillery, and other things, but for the most part the big, strong beasts are going to crack just as well as they do now, even if Jacks are more reliable than they used to be.

What caster do you guys think can run 2+ rhinodons best in Mark 3? I used to love running a pack of them with Morghoul, he looks like he'll still be strong with them.

Makus?

Think he meant Malekus, which no WM/H player seems able to spell correctly.

>but for the most part the big, strong beasts are going to crack just as well as they do now
The Bronzeback has lots a point of fury and its animus is FAR weaker, and Molik Karn has been nerfed into the ground so hard it's unreal. None of the Makedas look good yet you need one for Sidestep. No Savagery means charging in for any real threat range, which means forcing on top of him losing a point of fury. The two best Skorne heavies for cracking armour just ate nerfs I don't wanna hear your SHIT son. The Bronzeback and Karn are also WAY more expensive than the Nomad and that Khador one with retarded armour and P+S. The Juggernaut was it? Both of those heavies cost fuck all points.

maybe consider how inferences work and why you're apparently unable to do them. unless it's 35 points, no caster can fit all 3. and even if it's 35, only 1 caster can do it. this isn't rocket science. there aren't cheaper gangs than 35

Concept art at LnL - probably gonna be shown during keynote

The fuck? Where was he referenced being Hierarch? I thought he was supposed to be feora's second in command?

okay, so if it is god damn kallus what are we thinking the athanc got shoved into this time?

Makeda3 got stronger than she was previously and wasn't a bad caster to start with. She'll be fine in mk3.

Malekus' fluff references Severius still as Hierarch, he means.

What's it matter? It transforms the body into Kallus regardless of what it was before. This change would be due to other things.

I was thinking humanoid = humanoid kallus, non-humanoid = centaurish kallus

ahhh got it.

maybe Savvy just can't exert as much control given the protectorate is doing shit all over the place these days. and even he expressed concern about Feora's status and the Flameguard all teh way back to mk1.

Anyone else having trouble with warroom? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but having it throw null reference exceptions day 1 is pretty bad for a release.

That's why he sent Vinny to deal with her and pretty much cucked her out of the colossals.

Feora's a lot like Ceresi from ASoI&F/Game of Thrones. She's not as smart as she thinks she is. Pretty much every major attempt she's pulled has been screwed over by Severius in some way.

Kreoss told her to piss off home like a disobedient child at the end of Blood of Kings.

Thoughts on this?

new rules aren't actually accessible til after the keynote.

Dark Guidance doesn't benefit the banshees.

Fair enough. Any idea when that is?
Speaking as a developer, it's still pretty bad to release a product that crashes like this though. Tinkerhouse seem to be pretty amateurish

9 PM pacific tonight

Why not?

Exemplar Knights lost bond of BROTHERHOOD to accommodate the fucking SJWs that wanted a female exemplar.

Yeah, shame, as Madagascar is a pretty good caster.

3 Fury > 3 Focus. Even with power up rule existing. Discuss.

it's crashing because it can't access the content it wants to access and freaks out. that's not necessarily an inherent flaw. the content is not supposed to be release before the :official" release moment

that aside while i feel like war room for mk2 provided incredible value to me, it's clearly a very poorly written app. memory hog, battery hog, freezes...it's still better than cards for me, but it's designed very badly.

this is unfortunately a common theme with PP's electronics media partners (see also WM Tactics).

it clearly says melee attack rolls. gunfighter just lets you use a ranged attack while engaged at 0.5" range, but it's still a ranged attack, not a melee attack.

>not sure if joke, or redpill conspiracy autist

trick question, both options are jokes.

Leave it to the tumblrfag to ruin the joke.

well played user

Poor Horgle, I don't think there is any reason to ever field him again now that Pyre and Slag Animi are rng self

Vlad3 +27
-Ruin -17
-Rager -11
Markov -7
Fenris -9
Drakhun x2 -18
Uhlans -20
Uhlans -20

sis question: is this too many horses