Pokemon Quest #148

Mindpoking and Bikini's Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You dealt with the fallout of your vigilante action, you pampered Aria and have her on medicine (she can't train while recovering), and Clair has hopped into your head to check out Dark Kat.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Fel (Butterfree)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Aria (Meloetta)

Not In Party:
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Devon (Houndoom)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Vlad (Crobat)
Leviathan (Gyarados)

Lewdest and most Gobble.

Butts time

Clair moves forward to hug Dark Kat. Right before she closes the distance, you pull her back.

Dark Kat grabs her arm and sinks in her nails. “Ow fucking goddamnit shit fuck!”

You grab Dark Kat’s hand and pull it off, then shove her away. She stays where you pushed her. “Are you okay?”

Clair steps back, pressing her temples with her fingers. There’s a long silence before she answers. “Remember a long time ago I tried to explain how psychics work? When we first start out, we can’t filter emotions, so the first thing we learn to turn on that filter. It’s easy. It becomes a reflex and before you know it you can’t go back. You flip the switch and break off the lever. So I don’t feel emotions when I’m in someone’s head. Except when I drink. That’s why I only drink when we’re...y’know.”

You nod. You can tease her later.

“And it’s an all or nothing thing. I can see memories, but not how you feel about them. It’s almost always obvious, but sometimes you can get a bad reading. People remember being dumped fondly, or winning the lottery with frustration. People are weird. It’s like watching a movie without the musical cues and you can’t see the actor’s face. Anyway, when she did that, I couldn’t filter it. She’s just a big ball of anger and disappointment.”

Dark Kat says nothing.

“But I thought there was something else. Let’s do that again.” Clair gives you a look. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m concerned for you, but at the same time, this is really fascinating.”

Dark Kat snarls. “Bad idea. I won’t hold back.”

Clair flips her hair. “I’m ready. I can handle it.”

>Let’s just talk
>Let Clair do her thing
>Let’s end this session for today
>Something else

>>Let Clair do her thing

I trust clair.

Sup gobble?

>Let Clair do her thing
Clair knows best.

[Working my butt off all week. You?]

>>Let Clair do her thing

>Let's just talk
"Is it that on some level the core of why 'she's' doing this is intended to protect me? Because I already got that part. We were even talking about her 'rejoining' me or whatever until... certain recent events."

>"If you're sure. I'm not the one getting dream-scratched by this hellion after all."

>Let Clair do her thing

Guys what if Dark Kat isn't even a product of Kat's damaged mind, but is like the ghost of the twin we absorbed in the womb?

I know that feel. Next 4 days I'm gonna be packing and moving half the house in preparation for painting and it's gonna suck hard.

>>Let Clair do her thing

Well then we'll find out and hopefully it won't do much damage in the process!

Put that away.

I have to go back to work in like 30 minutes

T_T

>>Let Clair do her thing
Unless there's an option to turn this into a 3-way.

This is a bad time for that anyway, we have things to do!

Unless this is like, time suspended or whatever. Never know what kinda freaky shit happens in your mind.

>inb4 Dark Kat is actually missingno

That would be quite the twist, but I'm not sure a pokemon that only exists in your mind makes sense. Or does it make the most sense of all? Hmmm...

Will this be the first time we see Dark Kat go all out?

I forget which, but one ghost pokemon is born from emotions like this. If we had a doll dark kat could become a shuppet maybe.

Sounds like a generation beyond my time. But an interesting theory.

You want to keep Clair away, but she’s the expert on this stuff, isn’t she? “If you’re sure...”

“Your concern is equal parts cute and insulting,” Clair sticks her tongue out at you before she steps forward. “I’m not just the most skilled, I’m the strongest.”

Dark Kat swipes at Clair, but she leans back and avoids it. She swipes again and Clair let’s her wrist get held. She winces as the claws dig in.

And this time, you really feel it. A surge of hate and anger flows from you to Clair. She bears it at first, but it wears her down. Tears stream down her eyes. “Enough.” She pulls back.

But Dark Kat doesn’t let her.

Clair pulls back harder. Dark Kat swings at her with her other hand. Clair throws up some sort of shield, but Dark Kat’s attack goes right through it like it’s not even there. Clair’s struck hard across the face.

You can’t stand by and do nothing. You move forward.

You stop at Clair’s warning. “I have this under control! You don’t know what you’re doing.”

You think you can feel doubt and fear from Clair.

>Stay back.
>Think happy thoughts. Try to calm things down.
>Fight Dark Kat
>Give Clair something personal, a fond memory
>Something else

Uh, gen 3 I think? So unless you stopped really early I guess.

2 was the last one I really played. Spent a little time with 4 too on emulator many years later, but not enough to see much.

>Think happy thoughts. Try to calm things down.
Maybe a memory involving Clair? Or would that hurt more than help?

>Stay back

Honestly this isn't really how I wanted this plotline resolved at all.

Not sure how much is being resolved here, user.

We're gonna have to do something special for Clair as thanks after this.

You reach deep and think up a fond memory. Nope, not that one. Too lewd. What about...there we go.

You remember this old security blanket you had as a kid. You hadn’t thought about that in ages. You toss it over Clair.

Dark Kat loosens her grip, then tosses the arm away. “Gah! She smells just like you now.”

Clair backs away. Then suddenly, she vanishes. The blanket falls to the ground, and then another Clair picks it up. This one looks more like her. It’s not flat like the old one. She has her new hairstyle too.

“Mental echo,” Clair explains. “I thought it might be risky, so I used an old trick for when you dive into the parts of a brain that can hurt you. Also, way to blow it.”

“I was just trying to help.”

Clair sighs. “Yeah, yeah. You’re just lucky you’re pretty.”

Dark Kat sits down in frustration. “Look, this is pointless. Just go away.”

(Continued)

To be fair, Clair, I don't think we could know giving her memories would result in a physical* manifestation for help, rather than just spreading good vibes!

*as much as something in a dream can be physical anyway.

Hello Gobble.

“You’ve got a very messed up psyche.” Clair feels the blanket while she talks. “I think it’s just a subconscious leak. A combination of all the things you feel guilty about, angry about, and just can’t let go. But I also think that you like it, in a way. You’re not willing to let it go. I don’t know why.” Clair wraps the blanket around her shoulder. “I think maybe you’re not entirely over it all. And that makes sense. You feel like life turned around way too easily for you. She’s the version of you that doesn’t open up and can’t get disappointed in life. Maybe you’re worried that by changing so much, you’ll be a different person than the one that got so lucky in the first place. I don’t know. But it’s not healthy. Let me lock her up.”

“Lock her up?”

“You’ll have the key, but she won’t surprise you or taint any good memories while you’re not looking.” Clair puts a hand on your shoulder. "If you don't do something about her, I think she'll manifest in self-sabotage."

“Would she be okay?”

Clair rolls her eyes. “She’s not a real person. It’s just a part of your psyche you’re conflicted about changing.”

>Lock her away
>Leave her alone. You don’t want to change entirely
>Lock her away and throw away the key
>Something else

>"Can you just make it so I don't see her?"

Shit, this is tough. Ugh...
I dunno, I'd just prefer to work through it rather than have Clair lock her away, as she puts it.

>Lock her away

We throw the key and things aren't going to go well.

>>Lock her away

Based, fucking Clair

I don't know, I feel like locking her up isn't really the healthiest way of dealing with her?

>>Lock her away

>Won't locking her away just be treating the symptom rather than the cause? What if I get tempted to check in on her, or whatever? Will I really just...get over my hangups if I let you lock her away? If so, is that even ethically approved for you to do that as a psychic?
Lotsa questions!

Pretty much this. I mean I'm not sure about this being the best way of handling things, but not doing anything doesn't seem to work either.

Supporting this first.

>Something else
Maybe just make it so she no longer shows up as a visual hallucination?

>Lock her away

I dunno, I kinda think we should work it out ourself, and any help should be in the form of advice and support rather than magical jail. But then again I also felt like we were making some progress with Dark Kat, but we've obviously regressed now, so I dunno how we'd go about doing that in the first place...

Fourth.

The problem is we keep injuring our pokemon and even if you guys agree with whatshisface, Kat doesn't seem to.

Don't start this shit again.

“"Can you just make it so I don't see her?"

“Yes. By locking her away.”

You know, sometimes her tone really makes you want to strangle her. “Won't locking her away just be treating the symptom rather than the cause? What if I get tempted and check in on her? Will I just be over my hangups if I lock her away? Is this really an ethically sound way to deal with things, as a psychic?”

Clair sits you down and looks you in the eyes. “You’re absolutely right. This is treating a symptom. If this were something you could deal with the root cause of, you’d have done it by now. Maybe you can do it in the future, but it’s a bad idea to take something on like this with the championship coming up. To put it another way, you’d have to tear down some walls and make a big mess before you can start renovations.” You look towards Dark Kat, but Clair snaps and gets your attention again. “You won’t change or get over anything right now, but you won’t have to deal with it for now either. You can visit her later at any time.” You turn to look again at Dark Kat, and again, Clair grabs your face and looks you in the eyes. “Hey! I’m talking. And to answer your other question, I consider it perfectly ethical to quarantine an issue when there’s no current cure.”

“Well... I guess, but-”

“Good. I did it while we were talking.” Clair snaps her fingers, and you’re back in the real world. You’re not sure how much time passed, but the street performer you hear around the side of the building is still on the same song.

“I didn’t say yes yet!”

Clair looks defensive. “I know! But you were going to! If you were consciously aware, you might subconsciously get...slippery. It was cleaner. You have the keys. I can put you into state later.”

>Not cool, Clair! That was over the line!
>Thank her for her help
>Just get to training for now. Deal with this later
>Something else

>Thank her for her help

>>Thank her for her help

Lewdly

>It seems quite counterproductive to push this course of action so I can have a clear mind for the tournament, and then spring THIS on me instead Clair...if I was going to agree anyway, why not just wait until I did?
I'm gonna have to turn in, thanks for running Gobble!

>>Thank her for her help

>Thank her for her help

>Just...ugh. Fine, but we'll chat about this later too.
Clair pls.

>Thank her for her help

>Thank her for her help

>>Thank her for her help

Clair looks down at her feet. “Look, I don’t like tricking people. Especially people I l-” she coughs, “especially helpless dummies, but I just don’t want anything screwing up your chances.”

“Thanks,” you squeeze her hand.

“Kat~” She looks around to make sure nobody sees. “Jeez. You’re so needy.” She does nothing to stop you.

You squeeze it gently again and get up. “Come on.”

You both go to Elite Four training area. All four are there. There’s a casual match going on between Cliff and Robert.

“Kat! Glad you made it.” Emma runs over.

“My apologies again for dragging you into that business before,” Geno gives you a respectful nod before turning to Clair. “Hello Clair.” His voice is cold.

Clair pats him on the chest and walks past him. “Yeah huh. Nice place you got here.”

Geno glares at her, and she shrinks again. “Sir.”

Emma pats you on the back. “So Kat, have you decided on what team you’ll use?”

It all depends on who wins between Robin and Violet. You have a few days now to prepare before their match, and you’ll have a few days to prepare after. It’d be optimal to have a plan now instead of winging it.

>You’ll choose and train a team to fight Violet
>You’ll choose and train a team to fight Robin
>You’ll give each of your Pokemon an equal amount of time (minus Aria)
>Something else

>You’ll choose and train a team to fight Robin

Hmmm...

Why not train a team to fight both? If we can get a list of all their Pokemon, I'm sure we can find some common weaknesses.

It is time to forge the most broken team the pokemon world has ever known.

Vlad will learn Baton Pass.

Destiny will learn Double Team and a defense boosting move.

Oberon will sharp his crit-fishing.

And I'm sure other anons have items they want to contribute to this list.

Don't forget to try and have Dan get to auto Lock-On for supreme bullshit.

YES, the foulest, most broken bullshit since Psychics in Gen 1.

And if anyone ask why, its for evasion fuckers.

That bullshit would be so supreme I'm not sure that would be allowed.

>inb4 Violet/Robin can auto protect

Honestly I think most of our team just need more stats. Exceptions are:
Devon: Substitute could go a long way if we had the time

Nibbles needs fucking Dragon Claw already

Raistlin: Psyshock will help a fuck ton.

>>>You’ll give each of your Pokemon an equal amount of time (minus Aria)

Could've sworn he knew psyshock.

So, you don't think using Vlad's Double move on Double team, then using a third and Baton Pass on the next turn to make Destiny even more untouchable isn't worth the time?

Feel free to check the archives. I'm just going off the pastebin.
I meant along with what you said.

Your comment didn't read that way to me, but whatever, its's not worth arguing over and you are right about more stats being worth it.

I'm curious to know what the E4 can do in the way of giving pointers.

We're at the point now where we're either going up against Robin's bullshit in the form of tactical genius maneuvers or Violet's bullshit in the form of Mega Mewtwo so we should definitely have some stupid overpowered bullshit of our own ready to go

Sorry, it is getting late and words are difficult.

“That’s a good question,” you tell Emma. “I’ll train all of my Pokemon and make sure I have something for anything that comes up.”

“That’s smart.”

“A real champion helps all their Pokemon be their best,” Cliff says, coming from his interrupted match with Robert.”

Robert approaches. He ignores Clair and puts a hand on your shoulder. “I’d like to borrow Vlad.”

“Why?”

“He impressed me. I believe he has what it takes to undergo my special training.”

“Couldn’t we do it together?”

“No!” He calms himself. “No. My techniques and pride simply won’t allow it. This is a matter for him and I only. But I can promise that Vlad will come out stronger than before, with a powerful new move. He has the determination for it. All I require is three days. He may be too tired for serious training after that.”

That wouldn’t leave you much time for training with him after. And just because Robert isn’t being hostile to you now doesn’t mean you can entirely trust him. He was friends with Hornbeam, after all.

Then again, he seemed genuine before when you beat him.

>Okay, if he promises to treat Vlad well
>No thanks
>Let Vlad decide
>Something else

We can nix Mewtwo with Trunks if necessary: Mean Look and Destiny Bond will put him in a real predicament.

The question becomes then is Violet's Mewtwo the original or Newtwo from the Genesect movie.

>>Okay, if he promises to treat Vlad well
Based Robert
Based Vlad

>Something else
Leaning to no, but if Vlad really wants to he can. Also what is this move he would give him?

Mystery box!

>Let Vlad decide

I'm inclined to trust Robert after the battle, but let's see if Vlad is interested.

Scared of how OP Destiny would be with Double Team, Gobble?

inb4 its just Heat Wave.

>Will he have enough energy to learn Baton Pass?

What if it's an extra bullshit version of Toxic that also confuses the opponent?