Warhammer 40k General

Statistical Analysis 101 Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EBdvmnnkjY
youtube.com/watch?v=DR2DbU5Uq-4
youtube.com/watch?v=f7QzxYAjgNc
youtube.com/watch?v=qRYf0L9c54c
youtube.com/watch?v=3GWW2alayGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are Rhinos less of a WAAC-fag vehicle choice in a Gladius than Razorbacks?

yeah they normally only equal first blood for my opponent in my games

Definitely.

Razorbacks are the worst choice of the three. If you don't want to be a faggot just don't take drop pods or grav cannons and rhinos.

Or don't take battle company at all.

Reposting. Is this a good name for an Eldar Corsair band?
>Lords of the Flayed Future

>if you want to have friends, don't play space marines

You tryin hard, man.

No one hates spesh marine players.

No one likes them either however.

Whats wrong with Space Marines and/or their players?

Every shop I have been to is obviously Space Marine Dominated in one flavor or another.

In the last thread an user was saying astartes v astartes is his proffered match.

>if you want to have friends, don't play Eldar, Tau, or cheesy builds

FUCK YOU GW GIVE ME FREE DROP PODS

quick i need music to help me finish painting my DC help

With?

FUCK YOU GW GIVE ME
FREE DEVILFISH

Nothing.
They are just a scapegoat on /tg to ignore the fact most 40k player over 20 years old are giant faggots.
i literally have more fun playing with kids that with 90% of the actual, older fanbase.

Dubious knowledge of the rules.

They are okay though, Eldar players are literlly all faggots though I have played since 4th and they never change.

Necron players are 50/50 but are some of the biggest temper tantrum babies over bad dice rolls.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2EBdvmnnkjY

>if you want to have friends, don't play cheesy builds

Ftfy

>i literally have more fun playing with kids
why dont you take a seat

Keeping a static general image. Other thread is page 5. You rushing new generals without new news or an edition worth making a new thread for. Only reason for hitting it that early is try and leave an argument behind or to try and get a jump on any other threadmaker.

It's funny though, so do what you do.

jokes aside, I had a game with some kiddo in a Gw store, and found more sportmanship and simply the will to fucking play a game to have fun that warhammer neckbeards lack.
its just obliterating the opponent with the most waacs list they could tailor.
game's not the problem, community is.
40k has devolved in one of the worse community ever saw by humankind.

HE RETURNS!
youtube.com/watch?v=DR2DbU5Uq-4
youtube.com/watch?v=f7QzxYAjgNc
youtube.com/watch?v=qRYf0L9c54c

youtube.com/watch?v=3GWW2alayGw

So do the Salamanders even exist still or are they dead, Jim?

IM STILL PISSED THOSE LOYALIST cucks GET CATAPHRACTII IN 40K BUT THE FUCKING LEGIONS DONT
>hey gw why do csm cuck balls
>'oh its because all their shit is old and pre heresy'
THEN WHY DONT WE GET CATAPHRACTII

MOTHERFUCKERS

I wasn't part of your argument I just make Editions with Edition names on the last topic of the old threat if I can't think of anything.

Because they lost all their cataphractii in the horus heresy. Theres a reason why most space marine chapters who retain cataphractii have them shoved in a dusty corner 98% of the time. Theres also a reason why Chaos terminators fucking suck.

the demons ate all your cataphractii

maybe you should have thought about that before going chaos, fag

Should CSM just be 30k legions with more spikes and demon allies?

yeah, thats what they are supposed to be. just throw in some shitty custlists or something and its done

Alive and kicking.
To make you angry of course, Al'Kaps. CSM player rage is enough to make GW employees fertile for at least seven extra years. Oh and to make CSM players buy more daemons.

No, no, you see, once you reach a certain threshold of TOO old, like volkite, grav, cataphractii, and the dozens of ancient tanks like Spartans and Sicarans, Chaos don't get those because they're too old to keep in shape!

You guys only get things from the sweet spot of "old, but not too old" where all the shitty stuff is, like Indomitus and bolters.

>non-cheesy Eldar or Tau build
>non-faggot player who hasn't shelved his Eldar or Tau army in disgust

Those don't exist you silly goose.

Really? I've asked people about them at the local GW shops and they gave me looks like I was touched in the head.

Why not just use 30k rules for 40k games? What's the worst that could happen?
Maybe they gave you that look for asking?

Well I mean, I only ever see Ultramarines or Space Wolves at their tables so idk famiglia.

>What's the worst that could happen?
waacfag refusing to play you or you getting tabled in 2 turns because 30k sucks against 40k

>thinking that if you don't see Sallie players that means they're dead in-universe
There's your problem.
Bust out the nerf bat or the rework axe on everything that's a problem then.

30k legions is still probably better than the CSM dex.

Word Bearers specific unit as an example, someone compare it to Posessed.

>30k legions is still probably better than the CSM dex.
yeah probably. at least with 30k you can use drop pods

the problem with 30k vs 40k besides 30k paying more points for everything is that 40k can just nuke everything you have with grav or tau/eldar bullshit

True enough. Which is one reason I prefer 30k over 40k, less crap like that happening.

Well I mean, I don't play 40k. I'm actually too afraid of fucking up the paintjobs and model assembly that I just watch more times than not.

Sallies are still my favorite Astartes because they purge everything in fire

>turn one
>draw domination and supremacy

I run 3 squads of guardians on foot

In a CAD or the decurion?

You're a good person.

Cad, why would I run war walkers and vypers when I can run vypers and listen to his new album and not be slow.

You act like footdar is as bad as the shit tier codexes. I doubt they're storm guardians.

just scrape off the mold lines before you glue everything. dont be intimidated by painting, space marines are the easiest thing to paint since they are big and typically 1 solid color.

the green for salamanders would be easy since youd get good coverage

>someone at Games Workshop Phil Kelly saw these and thought "what neat rules, Space Wolves should get these"

I didn't even know there was an argument.

Artillery fucking destroys footdar no problem. And a unit with 12" guns and a weps platform that can kill maybe 3 normal guys are turn isn't much to talk about. Their greatness comes from the shrouded a warlock can give them but a dispell or ignore cover can save the day.
I could just be a massive homosexual and put them in wave serpents and never die but that's not fun.

Kat take a break form overwatch and work on your dudes

I'm a newfag.

Dark Reapers are Fun.

What factions are playable atm?

>Not the superior flaming purge

Because for some reason it was decided that the CSM codex could only cover units and warger that both old legions AND newer renegades could access.

Which leaves you with only the basic stuff. Why no landspeeders? Legions didn't maintain them. Why no Volkite? Renegades don't have them

>his heavy weapon squad member can kill 3 models a turn
>isn't much to talk about

Eldarfags.

>he didn't score 6 cards on turn 1

Loyalists and Chaos marines, plus Eldar.
The Eldar have Scorpions, Dire Avengers, Dark Reapers, Fire Dragons, and Warlocks, but are missing Banshees and Hawks, which is one of the reasons why they are somewhat underpowered right now. Their weapons also should do more damage than they currently do.

sweet saintly fuck, why can't they just make renegades and full on chaos motherfuckers separate? I mean, why do we even care about being able to accurately portray recently-renegade non legion chapters anyways? Would they not just be the same as regular ass space marines in every fucking way?

>Why are my msu guys dying so fast

As much as I can respect people who play Sisters of Battle/whatever army they're part of haven't kept track for YEARS, fucking boobplate armor will always trigger my autism/OCD about it.

Also I meant wounds 3 before saves

They're an army of women that flaunt their womanhood. Why does boobplate not make sense for them? You could always just use Space Marines if you want unisex armor. Maybe put unarmored female heads on a few.

It's because boobplate has no real practical use and is more of a detriment to their health in case of an injury than anything else.

Not having boobplate would get the Ecclesiarchy in trouble. People would say they're using male soldiers.

because it's the equivalent of a male marine wearing this

that would be fucking awesome
s5 ap2 hammer of wrath

It's probably just a raised sheet of 22 gauge steel over a flat Ceramite chestpiece. It serves the purpose of informing everyone that they're Sisters of Battle, and doesn't affect its protective qualities.

how would they have armor without boobplate?

they cant just jam that sweatermeat into normal armor

Male marines are pretty lobotomized

>his heavy weapon squad member can kill 3 models a turn

Is this not normal? My Dark Eldar Warriors can kill 3 marines a turn, let alone Scourges or anything that can use heavy weapons. I'm pretty sure Devastators can manage 3 MEQs in a single turn.

Which is historically accurate. What's the problem?

I spat water all over my monitor.
11/10

because it's a political reason. the flaunting of a loop hole. the ecclesiarchy are not allowed to have "men at arms" so they took vandire's organization that turned on him and turned those women into their chamber militant. It's there to be like "these are obviously women so we're not breaking the law that says we can't have our own army of men soldiers"

the gothic space church which controls a large sphere of influence likes to dress up their women in expensive armor and show off their tits. idk about you user but if i was future space pope i would be doing something similar

also don't look at 40k too hard because a lot of it is just silly

Fuck this army, I am literally going to punch the next person running a decurion
>What's that you brought a knight
>allow me to get into close combat with it and cut it down with my 9 strength 7 armor bane attacks
>What's that you attack first with D allow me to make all those saving throws with my 4++ 5+ reanimation
Fuck anyone using the Royal Court that consists of Zandrekh, Orikan, Obyron and 10 lychguards
They should not be able to deepstrike anywhere on the table turn 1 and then cut down super heavies turn two

Repostin since I didnt realize the last thread ended.

So 3rd edition guy here. My flatmates and I just had our first game in maybe 8 years tonight and had a blast. My guard actually got pushed hard by chaos marines on objectives and lost even though I tabled him to only a single LasPred and Typhus.
I happened to watch a large game where someone was using a Death Corps of Kreig force that had this batshit rule of returning whole infanty squads to the table as long as they were wiped out to the man. Are there any other Guard companies with unique rules like that even if theyre CA or IA entries?

Elysians get a special army list from IA, as does Armoured Battlegroup (generic heavy tank company). Tallarn also get a special rule you can apply to certain units, IIRC. I think that's it, though.

Also, goddamn weapon virus. A whole platoon unit of 2 infantry squads lost 8 men to Gets Hot on overwatch and he didnt even make the goddamn charge.

40k is a shitshow user, just throw in the towel. I just paint, model, and play Kill Team anymore. Every few months I get suckered into an 1850 game, and I regret it every single time. The game just straight up sucks balls now.

Hobby 40k and play other games.

>He actually fell for the superheavy meme
Knights have always been funlist garbage. Literally Worf Effect: The Faction.

In other words the game is shit because there's no Tau.

People always complain that ravenwong have a rerollable save, but necron bikes cost less and have essentially the same save.

I think by member he means singular. Just the one dude with the heavy weapon.

they don't get a reanimation save against D
so maybe punch that guy in the nuts

That's not even that bad. Renegades and Heretics gets a detachment that can bring back dead units on a 2+ instead of Death Korps' 5+. Oh, and they can Outflank when they come back on.

Everyone else iis gonna try to defend boob plate, but I'm just gonna ask how boob plate triggers your autism but all the completely retarded shit about Space Marines doesn't.

Cmon man, they already hate us, don't live up to their stereotypes

Actually they do
But it's one worse then what it usually is
So without a decurion it's a 6+ against instant death and D
With decurion it's 5+ against d and instant death

Nope, their codex explicitly says they dont get it agains D.

Same problem DOWIII will have at launch, and the same problem Battlefleet Gothica suffers from.

>>same save
Don't even need to jink for that save.

I enjoy the look of pure confusion on Necron player's faces when they ask why you didn't bring more stuff that has S10 AP1, as if that's just run of the mill junk everyone has on everything.

Don't get me wrong, I like that Necrons are powerful and deadly and scary like they rightly should be, but I just wish they were good AND flavorful. Robot skeletons coming back together after being chunked a bit by explosive ammo is totally fine, but robot skeletons coming back together after being atomized by instant deathrays, nuked, etc?

I really miss the old cron saves. You could even shoot your way into the middle and hurt a lord before everyone stood back up to defend him again without having a bunch of guys just not give a fuck like they're nurgle or something and headbutt your bullets disdainfully with no effect.

Not that guy, but I actually really like Tau background stuff and their overall design (except the stormsurge). The real reason people hate Tau players is because Tau are just extremely powerful on the tabletop atm.