Impractical Weapons Thread: Pile Bunker Edition

Post impractical weapons
Discuss impractical weapons
Argue about impractical weapons

Personally I love the idea of monsters so stupidly strong they can only be damaged by shit like this

I want that just for the novelty of it.

The whole getup really

Yeeeee

I'll admit to liking the top and bottom guns. They remind me of Bloodborne's Evelyn, a custom made weapon commissioned by a Noble for her Knights. They still seem practical being hand cannons, but they have a good look to them too

>HURHURHURHUR! I POSTED IT AGAIN!

This was actually a troop choice in the Apokalypse wargame. Landmates are a thing there and what with the game being in a postapocalyptic setting, the means to take those down aren't all that available. So suicidal maniacs/stone-cold badasses with power drills and a sidearm are optional as a counter to those giant assault mechs. They'll have to attack from out of the landmate's LoS to not get gibbed iirc.

Dunno if they worked on the human-sized killer robots tho?

Why not a big ol' anchor?

Anything to do with plasma in space

Just about anything japanese really.

>not superior diskblades
0/Basara, wouldn't fight for hegemony on southern sea against.

You have to escape your cycles of guilt somehow

Impractical Soldiers using Improbable Weapons to fight Incomprehensible Foes.

My vampire PC uses impractically oversized weapons because her strength and stature make them practical. 2 meter sword, two .600 revolvers, and an Anzio 20mm for longer range engagements.

It used to be a thing.

I wouldn't call a katana impractical. Only a low durabel, overrated weapon...

Is she also a half-werewolf half-angel half-demon Japanese schoolgirl named Darkblade?

Shhhhh, you're ruining their MUH YUROP circlejerk...

Say that to my face motherfucker and not online then see what happens!

Low durability, poorly made and impractical "sword".
It's a wonderful uniform "decoration" or "badge of office" though.

>MUH YUROP

Who?
Nah, she's just a Kiss-Shot ripoff.

Weirdest thing about that gun is the tiny cat. Who needs a tiny cat on a gun?

CHAINSAW KNEEEES!

It helps you overcome humanity's instinctual aversion to kinslaying by purring when you point it at an enemy.

What happened to his crotch

He's wearing a harness or suspenders or something.

I think his body was fairly in the way of his crotch.

I have to say this Katana thing is probably dumbest weapon on this thread thus far.

People with class, duh
Trips acknowledged btw

Let's play spot the /k/ommando

Pile Bunkers are the absolute shit.
It's so rare to see them done right, though.
Pic related has the right idea. Big, bulky, unwieldy as fuck, but with enough stopping power and impact to blow up a mountain.

>has a fucking shoulder stock
>would more than likely tear off the arm
>done right
Yeahokay.

> goes to impractical weapons thread
> complains that said weapons are impractical
You walk a lonely road mate

It's from an anime as fuck series where everyone has super powers. Fuck realism.
/k/ please leave

That dope as fuck

Do we really need to make me suffer.

That thing's gonna get stuck in flesh the instant you hit someone with it. I like the aesthetic though.

I was hoping someone would say it.

You might say it's a bit...impractical.

Ok mate, I realize that Katanas aren't the holy grail of weapons some make them out to be, but implying they are so shit they aren't even good for fighting goes a tad too far in the other direction.

I had an exploding spear in 3.5 before, it was totally cool and worked well.

Basically Ukraine

A torn arm isn't a big issue to someone who is effectively immortal.

the big problem with "traditional" katanas is the steel. due to the impurities , you couldnt make a long , thin blade because it would break. the katana had a thick , stiff blade that increased the weight>reach ratio. thus , most katanas were either status symbols and/or sidearms.

that being said , the katana was also invented in an area where metal armor was rather uncommon , thus being a typical slashing and hacking weapon.
an overglorified cleaver , so to speak.

on the other hand , making a katana with purer steel allows a thinner and longer blade, which can make it pretty similiar to the german kriegsmesser.

However , i still dont get why anyone would go with a disc-guard instead of a crossgard or other extended guard shapes.

You're still pretending that katanas wouldn't be used, which is stupid, and wrong, considering how often they were made and used.

Railguns in general are fucking great, but this one in particular is just absurd.

It bothers me how you hit a few points correctly and yet completely fucked up everything else.

I have always loved the gunlance.

A gigantic spear loaded with mortar-sized buckshot rounds that requires armor equivalent to a tank to use? Hell yes

>Tactical nugget
I feel like I have wandered into /d/, trapped between disgust and curiosity.

>due to the impurities
>it would break
>metal armor was rather uncommon

Dude can you share with us the secrets to time travel because you sound like your from 2010. Really because the alternative is you being on the board without having a KM infodumb dropped on you that whole time.

AAAAAAAALLRRGGHHH!
WHY DID THEY SPRAY PAINT IT MATTE BLACK?

> draw-cut weapon with ridiculously-thick cross-section
> shit raw materials
> you call that a guard, son? I assume you don't like having fingers or hands

> she's putting the stock against her shoulder
best thou blind, knave?
That is how she holds it though; there's a handle on the other side of the stock which is what she holds; she never uses it as a shoulder-rest, it's just drawn like that to make it immediately read as "giant gun."

>sidearm
i didnt say they werent in use. but in the open battlefield , you better get something with more reach between you and your opponent. bows and polearms/spears were used because they have an advantage in reach.

some katanas such as nagimaka and nodachi did fill in the gap reach-wise

i seem to be rather uninformed about the matter. please be so kind to correct me on my knowledge

Katana's are great for cutting down untrained, unarmored peasants.

You know, it's original purpose.

It's just a pity the nips were so uncreative and shit at actual pattern forging.

Okay, I legitimately don't know a damn thing about metallurgy--what's wrong with that pattern? I think it looks neat, aesthetically speaking. Is it structurally weak?

It's not structurally weak; it's just that it's benefits are solely aesthetic with good metals. The Japanese had terrible ore and terrible metallurgy, and used the folding as a crude hack to get better - but not as good as late Euro steel.

The early Vikings did the same with bog iron, until proper crucible steel came along.

In order to actually do any substantive damage they'd need to be anchored or braced in some way, otherwise they'd simply propel themselves away from the target and waste most of its energy.

Having a stock makes infinitely more sense than having no stock and no way of bracing the weapon whatsoever.

that's fucking incredible, though

Always a favorite.

That is so fucking stupid....

Requesting Impractical Heavy Gunners

WHAT THE FUCK?

replace all the cannons with MGs and patton would have loved it

Seeing it like this helps you fully realize the silliness
This image makes me uneasy

Somone posted a guy with dual machine guns earlier who fit the bill better

Near the end of WW2 some Ruskies wanted to improve the ground support capabilities of the TU-2, which had become dominantly a ground attack craft.

So they decided to add more dakka the best way they knew how.

Sadly the idea never saw combat

>Skelecopters
>impractical.

I don't think you understand.

Just seems crazy that one would use magazine fed submachine guns for that when belt fed machine guns would be the obvious practical choice, but I guess there's some sort of political reason (like manufacturer of those SMGs having big influence within the party) behind it.

It was more of the fact that there were tons and tons of PPSH's laying around and manufactured.

>practical
The Soviets were shitting out Nagants, PPSHs and later SVT-40s by the thousands and they still didn't have enough to arm all their soldiers. Sure, this little project probably didn't help *that* part of it, but it should demonstrate how stretched for armaments they were during the war's first and middle parts. There were, in some cases, simply not enough belt-fed machine guns to spare for kooky nightmares such as the thing pictured above.

>Nagants
say what you will about Russia/Soviets, they knew how to make a guns that were built to last.

They had more than enough to arm their soldiers.
In all cases where they actually failed to arm their soldiers, it was because the guns were somewhere on the far side of the country, or tied up on a train while the tracks were being fixed, or locked in crates at the back end of a supply depot with only a handcart to get them out to the supply trucks or in the process of being shipped over from the US. It was always a problem of making the supply reach the demand, not getting the supply in the first place.

You know, the funny thing is the thing that bugs me about that guy is that the guns can't both feed from the same drum mag in opposite directions.

Looks like a gundam.

Would that work? Don't those things explode when the tip hits something hard enough? Could you throw it like a javelin?

Or use it as a club? Like an explosive sledgehammer, really.

IIRC it's an actual sensor on the tip. You'd have to thrust it, but something tells me that isn't smart.