>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0qzaNi3Z
youtube.com/watch?v=4dhSYDZy2Yc
springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/superpowers.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never split the party, not unless you want your party getting picked off or turned one by one.

pastebin.com/0qzaNi3Z

Alright, this is my WIP for the first court and the first knight!

He's special, he'll be your rival throughout the course of the courts until the very last and final 'room' to clear, but I hope the format is clear at least!!
I'm working on the others, just had a loss of muse!
Please understand, and leave any comments, questions and concerns!

>Jump 39: Percy Jackson
>Ace of Pentacles, reversed (The seed of luxury, debauchery, and physical gratification. May represent a gift, document, inheritance, or physical event.)
Well isn't THAT fitting.
>Age: 14
>Identity: Demigod (-300)
>Pantheon: Greek (Eris) (-50)
Hail Eris! We who are about to pull the wool over the other guys' eyes salute you.
>Drawbacks:
>Divine Disdain: Aphrodite (+100), Godly Grudge: Athena (+200), Marked for Sealing (+300)
Man. You would think that they'd drop the grudge after the Trojan War ended, but nooooo.
>Old Traditions: Greek (free)
>Minor Blessing (1200, demigod discount)
Blessing of Sigyn - resistance to acid. Not immunity, mind you, just resistance. Because somewhere up the line she's ... well, sorta related to me, and you know what? She's got a really tough job that she's stuck doing, and I'll happily express my gratitude to her for being awesome.
>Clear Sight (800)
Never hurts to be able to take a peek beyond the veil. As long as it doesn't make me spontaneously combust.
>Blood of Kings (400)
Aaand somewhere up the line, Loki did some weird stuff with my family. I'm not sure if he would be a great-grandmother or a great-grandfather... I mean, the dude's kids include a snake, a wolf, and a spider-horse. Which is awesome.
... and when the hell did he get away from acid being dripped on him all the time to impregnate (or get impregnated) anyway?
>Divine Child (Free, Demigod)
Insight into my parent's domains, eh? Well, she's a goddess of sowing discord and of conflict. I mean, it's not anywhere on the scale of having Ares as a dad... but it's definitely a thing.
>Glory to Me (0, Demigod)
Fight on par with gods? Even if they're not combat-focused gods, this is promising indeed. Perhaps I should be getting them to fight each other... fight smarter, not harder. As long as I don't accidentally kick off an apocalypse.

Well, the card's definitely on the money this time - I've inherited a few gifts from Loki from further back in my family's bloodline, and who knows, perhaps that's what attracted Eris to be my mother. Since I've got the Water Mirror, it even means I can safely talk to the gods on occasion. I mean, I don't know what I'd really do except ask her what she'd want for mother's day, but it would be kind of nice to do.

Also probably planning to troll Athena and Aphrodite after it becomes clear that they're both cheesed off at me. I've got magic, maybe I'll create a golden apple. Marked 'to the furthest'. Which I will send to whichever is further away from me, and if one gets closer to me than the other, it'll teleport itself to the other one. I can imagine that won't end badly for me at ALL, but Greek gods are super petty.

Other than that? Pretty much going to hope that none of the other demigods decide to do stupid things at me, since I'm going to be stuck at camp with the rest of them, and fight against being sealed. Violently. They might not like what happens if they actually start looking like they have a chance of success, when faced with a demigod who can apparently fight on par with some gods.

>splitting the party
Tell me about the time you split up from your companions for your own fun and profit /jc/.

I don't mind redundant perks because either they'll stack, or they're slightly different enough that they'll be effective in different settings.

eg: I'd take bio-engineering and biokinesis, because knowing bio-engineering could make biokinesis more effective, and I might take drawbacks that turn off my supernatural power (the biokinesis) but not non-supernatural stuff.

For the free gun would we get to choose the type of gun?

Going ahead and re-posting this from last thread.

So what's his theme gonna be?

I feel like the "embrace/forsake" choice might be better served if you swap the words around. Depowering for the sake of the scenario would be forsaking the inheritance of all your jumps, while embracing your inheritance would mean relying on your history instead of letting Maki place this false dharma onto you.

Well that is convenient
>For the free gun would we get to choose the type of gun?

Honestly I had intended it to be a handgun but sure you can choose a different type of gun. Though I will say it's limited to stuff that you can get legally because I don't want people getting anything too crazy for free. So a rifle, or shotgun would be fine, a sub machine gun or Minigun is not.

..Ah, that's an EXCELLENT point now that I think about it.

I'll consider it, I like your logic on this though!

Ah, yeah, I should mention each of the Knights has their own bit but

The Knights are all (except for Grey, who is sort of the Ace and the smartest of them all)
themed after the minor arcana
Grey is outside that theme, with an element reliant on the area around him and the 'tool' he uses being an orb

Red would be a fire/sword theme, Blue a water/cups theme, green a wind/wand theme, and yellow an earth/coin(hah) theme!
That's what I'm working with so far, though.
None of them are gonna be as intelligent as Grey about running away and regrouping, they'll fight you to the defeat/death

So who /are/ the best employers throughout the Chain, anyway?

Jump-chan of course.

A jumper would be his dream employee
SUCH A LUST....FOR DESIRE

WHOOOOOOOO!

Well actually I was thinking type of handgun, there are a lot of different ones.

Portalmancy from Shadow Ops say that you can create portals to dimensions "tangent"to your current reality. If so can I open portal to Root in Natsu? I try find way to get true magic. I would love to get 2nd or 3rd magic. But it that would work I think that I would get 2nd magic because I use dimensional manipulation to get to Root.

Looks great. Just for the sake of clarity, though: Can the Grey Knight turn wood to stone on his own, or is that just happening because this fight is happening in a garden where mineral wealth grows on trees?

>Hail Eris!
Indeed.

No, the Root isn't tangent to Nasuverse. It's orthogonal to it. You'd need an entirely different type of magical geometry to get to there.

Ah wasn't sure but yeah any type of hand gun. I am not really a gun person so I am more than willing to let you choose.

That jump is set in america, the permits required for a browning .50 cal are not hard to get. There are youtubers playing with big machine guns, full auto shotguns, and even armed tanks; well mostly armed, the main gun has to be disabled.

Even if that worked, you would get a new magic, not one of the existing ones. One magic for each person that comes.

That gif looks so wrong.

The latter! He basically has an ability similar to Pokemon's Secret Power, in that his abilities will shift to suit the terrain.
Since he was in an area where Wood and Minerals were prominent, those were his abilities
Similar expressions will be had throughout the DLC and the ability will be defined more as you approach his boss battle and then subsequent Mercy/Slay choice

But oh so right.

wtf?

Oh, cool. It sort of sounded like he had wood abilities and just the stone part was from the Garden. But if he's going to have different manifestations in each arena we fight him in, that's going to make for some fun encounters.

So I would get 1st, 3rd or 4rd magic. Or I would get totaly diferent magic?

It's a clip from the show, Billy is on her back basically doing the whole cowboy act. Yes it's meant to look like sex, they weren't shy about that kind of joke, especially not with Eris.

...yeah I was thinking about that then i realized that'd be AWKWARD since the next few areas will include stuff like
Big molten metal rivers
and stuff
So I figured this might...fit better

You'd get none of the 5 current magics. You'd get something different from all of them.

That is incorrect, this is a youtuber blowing up cars with a tank's main gun. He also shoves a fucking potato down the barrel!

youtube.com/watch?v=4dhSYDZy2Yc

Shit then I would need some kind generator for it and superpower wiki is shit.

>expecting the superpower wiki to be useful for anything.

Try this one springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/superpowers.htm

Try reading up on how True Magic work first. There are things that will work as true magics and a lot of things that won't.

Yes its need be some thing that people can't do having unlimited time and resources.

Did anyone take the Genie in Disney Princess? And, if so, what did you wish for?

Does anybody have any clues what the Fourth True Magic does? My guess is something to do with turning invisible, or memetically so, since everyone agrees it exists but have no bloody clue what it does.

-Thunderbolt
-Heal Pulse
-Heal Bell
-Hyper Voice

As a first jump. Benefactor decided to hijack the species choice (and the entire jump, at that) to make things more interesting.

Nope.

Bloodborne, with Blood Artisan Plus can you still make Quicksilver Bullets? How much blood does it require to forge a single QS Bullet? Are you limited to 20? Or can you put them in a magazine?

Yes. Yes.

>Quicksilver Bullets
do we have to kill someone from the Xmen for that?

What happened to the cowboy and the robot?

Reading a SI fic, it occurred to me: as a Drop-In Jumper, what are some good perks/items for quickly getting the "settting summary"? E.g. useful stuff like "the coastal waters in Half-Life are full of mutant piranha monsters", or "Materia in FF7 are nasty radioactive mutagens in their immature shard state".

Sort of a Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Omniverse, except for Jumpers?

Precognition? You could probably ask just that sort of thing with Time magic from Mage the Awakening.

Other forms of precog may need you to imagine going to each place and seeing what would happen if you did go there.

I suppose one of the archive perks or items that give you books from the worlds you go to might also contain travel advice, but they tend to be for in depth research so you would need to devote a fair bit of effort to finding general threats like mutant piranha's on the coasts...

With all the jumps we have there has to be something that could help more, doesn't there?

hey digger, I noticed that you mainly have to go with the take the place of the hero with I want to be the guy if you want all the Astroswitches why is that? I also noticed that the birth driver is available but not the meteor or Excel, why is that? Not criticisms just trying to understand your creative process.
tried it, didn't like it. Having a Vagina feels weird
Giga Impact ,Pain Split ,Earthquake ,Spiky Shield

If the jump maker did a good job of the intro and setting, you should be slightly aware that "fire is indeed hot".

If you're willing to shell out 600/300CP for it, Lone Wolf jumpchain has the Universal Canon bookshelf that gives you the world view and media.

sorry missed this one please check if you're still around

I could have sworn there were a few perks that did stuff like that as well as items like journals, but I can't seem to find them except this one:

>Freegan Urban Legend from Infinicon [sic]
>As you travel to other worlds. This will turn into a knowledge of local hazards and skill at finding food and resting places in those cities,

So I'm re-reading Dresden Files, has nobody pointed out that killing people with magic doesn't actually make you crazy and addicted to killing? All it actually does is empower evil metaphysically, yet people are operating under the assumption that it makes you crazy.

It's actually only ever mind control magic that's shown to corrupt you like that outright. So why are we more restricted than in-canon?

FFXIII-2 has a Drop In perk that lets you summon a game show host to give you backstory and tips.
Dodgeball also allows you to buy a mentor that will appear in each jump, giving you some tutorship in things to know before inevitably dying.

Speaking of Lone Wolf, anybody know if was it ever clarified whether the items you can buy like the Sommerswerd and the Moonstone were the originals or replicas?

Because while killing people with magic isn't Instant Dark Side, there is still a slippery slope effect even if the slope for fire-balling someone isn't quite as bad as mind-mushing them.

That's actually not true. Killing people doesn't do that. Enjoying killing people does. If you're the kind of person who derives joy from hurting people with magic, then you will start using magic to hurt people more. If you use magic to defend yourself, then there's no corruption at all.

Definitely useful with a speed-reading perk.

Also very handy for covering stuff that might not be mentioned in the above.

And this. Cool.

So why is it a law in series? The council definitely doesn't care if you kill people without magic, so why else would they make it a law?

Because see what I said >All it actually does is empower evil metaphysically

Meteor will be offered in Part 2 as well as a widespread selection of switches, toys, and new perks for Fourze people
The stuff you can get for Fourze in jump is a bit of a premium since he's not meant to be the focus and is instead a guest star and the last plot of the jump before about 4 years for aftermath and such
Accel is because I didn't know who to give it to
Accel's little brother is available in Blues Brothers and Accel himseld will be made available in the Fight for the future dlc
Even 2 shows of Neo-Heisei have a lot to offer so getting as much as possible in the jump without setting off some "That's not right" alarms was a bit difficult
I guess I'd have to say I was just trying to make sure there was a final product at all, yeah?

user, that's why I used the term slippery slope. You /can/ navigate a slippery slope, but the risk is there and the longer you spend on the slope the more you keep risking yourself.

Because the Council is in a world with a lot of grimdark lurking around, they're outnumbered and under-resourced, and a corrupted wizard is a potential WMD.

The term slippery slope is wrong. Killing in self defense does not corrupt you. At all. That's not a risk unless you enjoy yourself doing it. On top of that, we're talking about the jump, which says it absolutely will corrupt you absolutely, intent and reaction be damned, which isn't how it works.

Well, good luck getting Wildcard to change his mind on a jump he's made. You're better off just ignoring it and doing what makes sense because it won't ever chance otherwise.

You just said it yourself "unless you enjoy yourself doing it". And magic in the Dresdenverse is a rush. There's definite feedback. So unless you've got stone-cold self-control you're risking your primitive squishy organic brain conflating "killed my attacker" with "that felt good".

>we're talking about the jump, which says it absolutely will corrupt you absolutely, intent and reaction be damned

IF you keep doing it.

>IF you keep doing it.
Two points. One, no, that's not part of it. Again, you have to enjoy it. Killing in self defense multiple times does absolutely nothing. Point blank. That enjoyment component is vital to it being a problem.

Two, no, the jump says if you do it at all. Even once.

>Even 2 shows of Neo-Heisei have a lot to offer so getting as much as possible in the jump without setting off some "That's not right" alarms was a bit difficult
>I guess I'd have to say I was just trying to make sure there was a final product at all, yeah?

That's fair, next question: there be a timeline in the final version that tells you when all the DLC and movies happen right? Because I'm going to have all lot of schedule wrangling to do, also Medal, Please looks super OP against greed and yummys was this intentional?

1. If you keep doing it, you keep _risking_ enjoying it. How hard is that for you to understand?

2. Bullshit. I've got the jump open in another window and unless you're a complete autist it's clear that it's a slope not a fucking cliff. What it does make clear is that the _Council_ generally doesn't take the chance that you haven't been corrupted, and it also makes clear that one of the "couple of exceptions" is "clear self defense".

>How hard is that for you to understand?
Because you're mistaking what I said.

>Bullshit
>Violating one of the laws isn't just an awful thing to do, it's true black magic - the kind that stains your soul, permanently changing you into the sort of person who does break that law.
This outright says any breaking of the laws is true black magic (which is wrong but moving on), and that doing so will corrupt you. As we have both agreed, killing people and not deriving enjoyment from killing does not corrupt you.

... Let me try again.

If a Dresdenverse Wizard goes around thinking "it's totally okay for me to kill with magic in self-defense", then they're basically greasing their own sled. They should instead be thinking, "yeah, in _theory_ my soul will be clean if I have to kill a fellow human being with my magic in self-defense, but I'd be a fucking idiot not to minimise the risk of discovering my self-control wasn't up to the task."

Canon trumps jump wording.

user, this entire conversation is about proving the basic principle then showing how the jump defies canon. You agree with me, even if I don't think it's as dangerous as you. So why argue? We shouldn't be fighting each other, as the problem is with the jump.

Fair enough. The jump could probably most easily be fixed just by adding "risking" in front of "true black magic".

Probably, that and noting in the next paragraph that accidentally killing someone is the same, only a problem if you enjoyed it, and only a breach of the rule in the council's eyes, not in the metaphysical sense that actually effects your soul.

I wouldn't charge 500 for it if it wasn't meant to be a little broken. The only other thing remotely close to its cost is the ability to revive the dead and the ability to create more treasures. The prices aren't set in stone though and anyone who hasn't forsaken the Royal Points will have by the end of the jump around 1000-1500 so I may up everything by a smidge to reflect that

yeah right now it just seems like you can will any greed dead, and since they are the primary antagonists that might have been a bit much, greatly looking forward to part two where I can find out what happens if I don't smash the throne. Also there tend to be deus ex machina power ups in climactic battles for the world, is that something we can expect to happen to us if we don't take the place of a hero? because that would be a damn good perk.

Pretty sure the idea is that you can use telekinesis on any untended medals. You can't pluck them out of Greeeds and Yummies, only pull ones on the ground to and away from yourself.

that seems good and balanced but that's not how it was written which is why I brought it to diggers attention, also note that in he states that it being super OP was intentional.

Oohh you mean the telekinesis.

Yeah that wasn't meant to pluck in-use medals
Just ones you punch out of yummies and greeed

and that's why thought it was OP, okay good to have that straightened out! Could you Please answer the questions in ?

You probably won't get the super power ups unless you're taking Canon hero's place
You give me an excellent idea on how to handle Drop-in for Neo-heisei part 2: The magic of friendship though

okay next question what if Dr Maki is dead or retired to "take a break and figure out some stuff" before this DLC because he is either getting my full on high-impact psychotherapy+ knockout or a bullet to the head, the dude is dangerous.

>
forgot the pic

See the problem with this is I got "Your powers are manipulating emotions, near-invulnerability to physical damage, and transforming into a gelatinous form." on the first roll.

I've always thought that the 4th True Magic had something to do with Destruction, kinda like the 1st can create stuff from nothing, the 4th would be able to completely annihilate something from existence.
So while the 1st is fucking up the Law of Conservation of Mass/Energy (namely that mass/energy can't be created/destroyed, only transformed) one way, the 4th would do it the other way.
But that's my personal fanwank, so take that as you will.

read the beginning of the DLC

I see. That fits in with the other theory I heard about it being linked to destruction of information.

Since its now established that popping over into the Root doesn't give you a True Magic but an entirely new True Magic, what methods are there of getting one of the five? I heard they could be taught or inherited, which is bad news for the 1st creation (apparently the inheritor is barely alive), the 3rd soul (lost, and the whole point of the Grail Wars), the 4th ???.

If you can track down Zelretch on a good day he might humor you with the 2nd Jumping, and the girl with the 5th Time hangs out in Moon Cell for Fate/Extra.

in case you missed it
"(Note: This jump assumes both Kougami, Dr Maki, and Kougami Foundation are active at the time. If this isn’t the case, you may insert a new organization and head of that organization, the plot remains the same with different actors. Otherwise, it can take place as early as Episode 10 of Kamen Rider OOO’s plot, due to Dr. Maki’s place in this story.)"
This is basically saying that if you killed and ate Dr Maki or bought out Kougami Corp or whatever
that the plot goes on, just with different (probably OC) characters in place

it's not like there's one supergenius ever in the world

It's not the actual Aozaki siblings in the moon cell. Even if it were, it's unlikely she'd have the magic anymore.

>>that the plot goes on, just with different (probably OC) characters in place it's not like there's one supergenius ever in the world

okay that makes a bit of sense, sorry I had no idea who would be taking their place and that was mostly my question. Would it be too much to be replacing him yourself? Dr. Beatle is kind of a shoe in if I take the drawback that makes previous masked rider jumps Cannon .

Fanwank it

Then click again.

Why is Kars in the background

Who is Yuriko?

I only read up a bit on Accelerstor, his powers be awesome.

Difficult to use and I would try to keep alt form with it sorta separate until sufficient brain power and Autismo but still

Yuriko is the name given to a female version of accelerator, because apparently some people wish accelerator was a girl.

Yuriko Suzushina is genderbent Accelerator. She's even gotten official coverage.

If I knew, I wouldn't be here discussing it with you, now would I?

One thing you can always count on is people having shit taste in waifus.

Jumpers, what were your builds for
Shin Megami Tenseigan jump