Warhammer 40k General

Game Breaking Bundles That Save No Money and Break No Games Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/693656.page#8710646
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Posted in last thread as it died but looking for help with KDK against 4 tyrants at 2000.

For Kdk I usually bring a Gorepack and a juggerlord with some of the flesh hounds. Mostly running a Slaughter cult for sweet sweet blood but if I ally in Daemons I may need to run a CAD instead. Princes are expensive.

I am going to try and bring an allied Nurgle detachment with a Daemon Prince, Plaguebearers and five drones.

Why?

Here are for fighting on different planets in 40k. Posted them in the last thread

It's the ultimate WAAC purchase. Buying it costs you an enormous amount of money, self respect, time, energy, enthusiasm for the game, and, in the ultimate sacrifice, the win itself.

Because you have to counter those damn dirty Or is and their Game Breaking Battle Wagons.

Seriously do the people who come up with these bundles just not play the game?

How do you do a campaign? My group has attempted it a few times, but never really gotten into it. Any advise fa/tg/uys?

Limit the size of battles, number of elite/heavy/fast slots, and AV at the beginning. Escalate the game every few rounds.

OK, that's definitely where we went wrong. What about the structure? Is it best to have a map and people decide who they fight or do a narrative that leads to certain predetermined battles?

Introduce perma-death for characters. Have replacements be random mooks that survived previous missions.

Have battles impact future ones in other ways. If you capture an Orbital Array in the first match, then you can call an Orbital Strike at the start of the next match. In one match an objective is an actual model (say a Tau Ethereal). If the Tau capture him then they get a free Ethereal next match. If the enemy capture him then they interrogate him and get to see Tau's list for the next battle before they make their own.

Our campaign had no plot behind it, but the store owner did one for fantasy. He make it into something of a roleplaying game. Heroes had stats and special rules, died permanently and sometimes it was a good idea to retreat. There was also a map, and resources involved (agriculture, I think). I'd like to play one set in 40k.

Heavy Bolter: Cheap, decent rate of fire, good range.

Assault Cannon: Better in every way but range, rends.

Autocannon: ??? A point higher strength, but half the shots, loses rending. Better range, but pricey.

There is no role for one of these machine guns, and the low rate of fire makes it unfun from even a fluffy perspective because you take big machine guns to dakka.

god bless seraphim and their perfect holes for pegging their jumppacks on

An autocannon isn't a machinegun.

>perfect holes
>pegging
Lewd

Thank you for keeping it alive, user.

Heavy bolters really need to go up to at least 4 shots, 3 shots a turn just isn't very impressive anymore (a well-drilled guardsman can fire a lasgun that fast). But they're in so many codexes that they can really only be updated when they do the main rulebook, as after all the butthurt with dreadnought attack values I can't see them pulling a single-codex update again.

small forces gradually getting larger is a big one, hold some units back for surprises to break up the gameplay if it starts getting too samey.

maybe at first limit them to HQ + one regular foot troops squad, and they need to find crashed transports or stranded squads to get more troops.

it's kinda DoW2ish

>as after all the butthurt with dreadnought attack values I can't see them pulling a single-codex update again.
People that won't houserule all dreads to having four attacks (or more if they were originally dreads that had more than two) is scum that should be ostracized from the community. Just because GW is a bunch of incompetent retards doesn't mean the community has to be retarded.

What's up folks. I need a suggestion of more expert players.
I have this really, really really huge fetish for armored stuff, especially Dreadnoughts. And I really, really want to play something loyal.
So, what chapters among the loyal ones can satisfy my needs?

I already own a venerable dreadnought and a rhino/razorback.

Did you look in the Space Marine codex? If you had taken even the slightest modicum of personal initiative, you'd know the answer.

And yet I play pickup games mostly, which is the only reason I'm not playing the Dread Spam list I want to play.

Infernal tetrad from the new book would be your best bet, fight flying monster spam with a stronger flying monster spam.

To throw another idea out there to the inevitable iron hands suggestions you're going to get, do the robutts in pic related do anything for you? Just so you're not confused about the scale the chaps in the top left aren't infantry, they're around the size of tyranid warriors.

Now, teccccccchnically these aren't usable in 40k at the moment (they're 30k/horus heresy stuff) but (a) your local group may be cool with it anyway and (b) there's an imperial armour coming in the not-too distant future that should have 40k rules for them.

Fuck you buddy, you get your 4 attacks when Orks get a decent codex. You're always whining about muh dreads.
What if you where bs2?
What if you where ld7?
What if you had no invulnerable saves?
What if you only had a choice of power fist or nothing for your combat squads?

Eh I guess you're right. I had in mind the iron hands but I wanted to know if something else would be good, too. My knowledge in terms of lore isn't very extended. I initially approached 40k just for modelling reasons
>there's an imperial armour coming in the not-too distant future that should have 40k rules for them.
how do you know, and how soon?
and isn't pic related cult mechanicus? I also looked into them (and have some skitarii already), but the idea of brainless warriors doesn't go well with me. I like to chop people with mechanical stuff while shouting litanies, more than binary

Why not propose changes to your own army that would fix it in exhange? Were you retarded before you started playing Orks, or is there something about that faction that rots the mind? Christ, you could just grab Space Odin's codex.

Are Repentia in any way decent if I attach Jacobus as my warlord?
He fixes a lot with 100pts.
>Zealot
>Additional use of 3+ FnP
>5++ save instead of 6++
>Confers re-rollable saves OR re-roll to wound rolls

>hey man, space marine dreadnoughts were updated to have 4 attacks, do you mind if we treat all dreads as having four attacks?
>that is an entirely reasonable course of action, of course.
Either grow a spine or find a place to play that isn't populated entirely by dumbfucks.

>how do you know
Info from open days and weekenders.
>how soon
Ahahaha. Forgeworld don't give specific dates for things, if they did they'd have to meet deadlines and stuff.
>cult mechanicus
Well, technically their mechanicum, the version of the mechanicus that was around during the great crusade and the HH. More fluff to come when the book appears.

But if emotionless lobotomised brains in robots don't do it for you, then whatevs. Although, in that case, Iron Hands probably aren't the best bet either, as they try to be as emotionless and mechanical in their thinking as possible.

>4 tyrants at 2000
You just don't play against that
Don't give WAAC player pickup games if they wanna play like that

Pick. Up. Games.

You really this thick, or do you not meet new people very often?

>the only build for tyranids that doesn't get them utterly crushed
>WAAC

>There are no usable fluffy builds for my army
>hmm I could just not play it then, or find a circle of players with equally shit armies and have fun that way
>NOPE TYRANT SPAM LOL

There's nothing making a nid player play some asshole with knight titans, grav spam, invisibility or D weapons

>I could just not play it then
Yes, that's a great solution. You stupid fucking twat.

This is true. I chose to mostly play AOS instead, where people bringing powerlists to pick-up games can't just say "but the rules say this is balanced", they actually have to bring a list their opponent is happy to face.

It is, or certainly vastly superior to Flyrant spam.

Or sorry, did I miss the fluff where the Hive Mind generates swarms of flyrants as the vanguard of it's invasion forces?

Over the last few years, it's been really common to see
>three super-rare riptides in every single tau army
>grand master of the dark angels heroically providing a better saving throw to 50 chump guardsmen
>superfriends space marines
>CSM armies containing one single CSM
>drop pod taxi service delivering dudes who in the fluff are killed by drop pod deployment
>every single craftworld being saim-hann mixed with iyanden
and you think flyrants somehow stand out as some horrific lore abomination?

Ok, so all the players without the top armies stop playing the game.
Now what?
You just end up with 'fluffy' skyhammer mirror matches?

Four tyrants isn't even the most you can bring in 2000 points, four is a restrained amount but you're crying foul because the Nid player isn't just another easy win for you?
Fuck off.

>three super-rare riptides in every single tau army
In the fluff they're mass produced now and are becoming much more common.
>superfriends space marines
Space marines work with other imperial forces all the time?
>CSM armies containing one single CSM
Yes? This happens in the fluff.
>drop pod taxi service delivering dudes who in the fluff are killed by drop pod deployment
Disallowed as per the new FAQ.

Ok list or not?

--- Necrons - 1000pts ---
>HQ
Cryptek; Chronometron - 90

>Troops
20x Necron Warriors - 260
10x Necron Warriors - 130

>Fast Attack
6x Wraiths; Whip Coils - 258
6x Wraiths; Whip Coils - 258
--996/1000pts

Is for the enemy perfect invisibility or they can see the glimmer?

still too expensive and die too easy

It's perfect if you are still.

Cool then

I don't know how they're doing in your area but all I ever hear from the local AoS players is how impossible the game is to balance and every single game they play is a one-sided stomp.
And how they can't agree if they should allow shooting in to combat or not.
And how they can't agree on rules for summoning.
And how X didn't let Y bring his best unit and beat him so X must be a WAAC faggot.
And how X insists on using bad units when he should just be bringing good units as putting bad units on the table wastes everyone's time when he doesn't have to anymore.
And how Y brings nothing but good units when he should at least have some core troop choices .
And...

Scorpions are probably the best thing I've seen in Eternal Crusade. I really hope they don't change that stealth, it's cleverly done as is.

I personally enjoy the Dark Reapers.
Their guns are super satisfying to use once you get the hang of them.

has any of the nid invasion stuff gone live?

Not yet

>Other people violate fluff, so I should do it even harder!

Also a couple of those aren't even good examples, you even have the "drop pods are magically lethal to normal humans somehow" meme.

I'm crying foul because the Nid player is fielding an incoherent mess to try to squeeze a "tournament standard" list out of a single unit of a bad codex.

Flyrant spam isn't playing Tyranids, it's playing Flyrants.

Damn, Maybe one day it'll get some more traditional PVE too, nothing wrong with more content of different varieties.

I am looking forward to the game though.

>fluff that is actually in the books is a meme
Ah, the sweet feeling of victory. When they accuse you of memes, you've won.

PvE agains the nids is planned to my knowledge. It just isn't in the early access yet.

what are some of the reasons CSM are considered to be underpowered or bad? ive heard it here a lot and i was looking at the units on the webstore and was wondering how they could be so much worse even though they look so cool[/spoiler/

Only 4 flyrants in 2k isn't flyrant spam, that'd be 7 or 8 flyrants in 2k.

Units are overpriced and ineffectual. In theory, they're chaos flavored space marines with a close combat focus. In practice, they're space marines with all the good stuff stripped away and no real way to get into close combat or even do particularly well if they get there.

Fledgling 3rd to 7th ed player here. Our LGS last night had a pack of Ratlings for $10 that seemed too good to pass up. While 10pts for a BS4 Sniper seems really nice Im not quite sure what to make of them. Anyone have first hand experience with or against them they'd be happy to share? Tips? Tricks?

To start with they're basically space marines but without any of the formations, war-gear or special rules that make space marines good.

They have their own special rules and equipment but it usually ends up not only worse than their loyalist equivalent but also tends to have some 'fun' random element like transports that have a one in six chance to eat their passengers.

Lastly, they're just way overcosted.

Two flyrants is borderline Flyrant spam, you could argue two are in the same area and only be a little shaky,

Once you start digging up a third HQ slot so you can take more flyrants, you've gone full retard flyrant spam.

Understand, I've not been criticising it on a power level basis, I'm saying it's a fucking stupid looking list that's basically wholesale given up on playing Tyranids whilst stubbornly sticking to the codex.

No ATSKNF for the same price.

ATSKNF is a bloody stupid rule, at least when only avaliable to one faction.

If it were avaliable to other units with similar morale and indoctrination it wouldn't be so bad, but as is it's roughly equivalent to just handing an entire faction fearless.

Units cost to much
Meh formations (if any)

I could try to find lore that sort of justifies the rules writers' choice of not giving CSM ATSKNF, but what would be the point? Just give them their own version of it and see what happens.

I'd actually argue that chaos marines should have superior morale rules, given that they have to deal with living in the fucking eye of terror. What's going to phase you after that?

>no double CADs at 2000
Oh ok, you're ACTUALLY retarded.

>Bring my Eldar to a tournament yesterday
>Lynx, Hornet, Warp hunter, pretty dick list
>Mfw the tau player I get in the last round has 2 of each FW riptide, in their own units, 2 Kroot units, and a laser pointer commander with 6 drones

This. This works like tangelos against clowns. But the madness that comes with being a slave to darkness might find a way to make things worse, ya know?

The flying fuck are you talking about? I'm saying going out of your way to spam flyrants is *gasp* spamming flyrants.

If you use that second, third or eighteenth detachment to actually build a coherent army, more power to you.

would it be better if his list had 2 flygrants, 6 crones and a assload of gargoyles?

Having played Eldar for years I'm trying to get to grips with the fact that I've been playing them wrong, and my choices are either git gud or cry horribly at all the money I've wasted.

Question is I don't even know where to begin shaking of the shit habits I've picked up. Of all the bullshit in the game that has broken my will and lead me to this point it's my friends AdMech War Convocation, which apparently I should be walking all over according to the internet.

So where the fuck do I even begin?

how about the still suffer checks from getting shot to shit but ignore stuff that causes fear?

Massively, yes.

I mean, it sucks a bit to play against a wall of stuff you need to snap fire against, but that's a game design flaw, not a problem with building a themed list.

The reasoning is loyalist marines are conditioned to die without fear, while chaos marines know what waits for them when they die. A traitor marine isn't going to stick around for a losing fight. They're far too selfish.

A lack of ATSKNF isn't what holds chaos marines back. Icons and marks being significantly worse than chapter tactics is what holds them back. If they could buy USRs again it would also bring them some versatility, without turning them into loyalist marines+spikes like many chaos players seem to want.

I made a mod to the Chaos Battlescribe Catalogue, its availible for download here:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/693656.page#8710646

Woot!

They're overpriced Marines without anything that makes Vanilla Marines good. They also have a close combat focus, but they have no reliable way of getting into combat, and are outshined by loyalist equivalents like Wulfen, TWC, or Death Company.Their unique units like Daemon Engines are also overcosted and ineffectual mostly due to Walker rules being shit, or for paying a bloated price for the Daemon special rule.

They also have no real formations to speak of. The formations released in the Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter updated supplements are bloated with tax for little benefit. They have nothing that can compare to Skyhammer, or Stormlance, or Librarius Conclave, or Wulfen Murderpacks, or Battle Company.

Its not all doom and gloom. They have decent FW support, however most of their really good FW options like Fire Raptors and Sicaran Tanks are things that they share with loyalists.

>"Sir, Vindicators arent selling well"
>"Bundle them together, add a WAAC slogan"

Oh, one other thing about FW to add insult to injury. Apparently someone at FW had the brilliant idea that Loyalists should get access to more 30k units than CSM, despite one of the major thematic elements of CSM being their use of old shitty outdated equipment.

Prepare for Loyalist Dreadclaws, Mastodons, Leviathans, and Dorito Dreadnaughts when IA 14 drops this Fall.

>Mastodons, Leviathans, and Dorito Dreadnaughts
Two of those things were already here. The Leviathan lost an option though. As for Mastodons turns out the RSs found an old one on the forge world, and spruced it up.
>Dreadclaws
I believe the Imperium got rid of all of those during the Heresy.

Must feel good to be the cancer that's killing 40k

So who won?

Ummm have you tried maulerfiends?

the mastodon is such a shit model

looks like some halo bullshit

Upon reviewing them in more detail and comparing them to a special team I realize I may have made a poor purchase. Unless I just spend a spare 30pts on 3 and stick them in a far building to suicide snipe special weapons they dont really seem worth their points anymore...

>looks like some halo bullshit
I'm not seeing it.

Can a captain normally take a bike?
I'm playing a DA successor chapter and I really want to feild a company master with my ravenwing. It doesn't say if he can take one in the codex for obvious reasons. I play mostly fluffy games so I think it would be ok to take a bike if normal captains can.

As a massive Halo fanboy, I disagree.

>Mastodons, Leviathans, and Dorito Dreadnaughts
>Two of those things were already here. The Leviathan lost an option though. As for Mastodons turns out the RSs found an old one on the forge world, and spruced it up.

I get that, but they are still Heresy units that FW didn't even bother letting CSM field because "reasons".

>Dreadclaws
>I believe the Imperium got rid of all of those during the Heresy.

Pic related.

I can kindof see it

Maybe they assumed anyone with a brain would use 30k legion rules instead of the current CSM dex?
>that picture
Something isn't right here. Dreadclaws are the ones with the evil machine spirits.
Now I can kind of see it.

>It looks like something that looks like 40k!
>I don't like it!

So, is there any good yt channel for newbie with tutorials, tips and tons of unboxing?

Tutorials and tips regarding what?

The only thing I don't really like about the Mastodon is that it's a Leviathan transport exclusively for space marines.

This was the Crusade! It wasn't until the late heresy that the marines got all the exclusive shit.

Miniwargaming and tabletop minions.

Everything - building up models, painting them, game itself etc.

New as well, so far I have spikeybits BoLS and emps Text to speech for lore shit.

Duncans tutorials on Warhammer TV are fine for painting,