Warmachine/Hordes General: Hashtag Design Space Edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

Hey CoC players, how are all those new releases?

Second for We want the Malifaux audience

I'm ready for SPOOPY HALLOWEEN FACTION

To be honest, I will probably end up playing them.

So now that the dust has settled, can I finally use my revenants, and with which caster?

New war room just crashes on my tablet. Yay.

Confluc is confusing, rest of releases are supposed to be Forces book

You can't, they're even worse than in MK2. They even nerfed Blackbanes to be just as bad as rev crew.

Today is the day the PDF is supposed to come out...

Fucking when?

if you mean the prime and primal pdf links in OP

I put it in big capital letters at the bottom of the op come the fuck on

New Warroom sucks balls. They used some crappy java all in one app design thing and the UI is *horrible*. I'm charging back my in app purchase.

QUESTION: This model is immune
to continuous effects and non-magical damage.

In magical damage it doesn't include magic attacks as sources of magical damage. Only magical weapons.

This means that spells don't affect incorporeal concerning damage??

Sorry forgot to mention that I was speaking about Incorporeal models.

>Everyone wants Infernals and Zu
>Get Grymkin, which absolutely NOBODY asked for.

I was playing the d20 RPG before I really knew anything about the wargame, and even I didn't really remember about them existing,

>In magical damage it doesn't include magic attacks as sources of magical damage. Only magical weapons.

All magical weapons/attacks/spells have a little sparkle icon that shows they deal magical damage. Those things can damage it.

I can see it on magical weapons but not on magic attacks and spells. At least not in the decks.

Iron flesh immune to cont fire from blasts now? Since one immunity counts for the whole attack.

Spells deal magic damage.

They "do not suffer blast damage". All other effects of the template they fall under apply. Continuous effects, knock down, clouds, scather templates, etc that are secondary to the immediate damage of the blast template all still apply.

It depends on how you want to use them. They have synergy with any caster that buff's def for shooting and can hit above their weight in CC with 2 attacks + gang.

I'd recommend trying them with eSkarre with rengrave. Rengrave + Black Spot brings their rat to hittable levels.

They're also interesting with eDenny's feat in scenario play for the same reason, you can use marked for death against a unit outside of command range, shoot them with the revenants 8" out and still shadowbind models.

Because what the game really needed was *yet another* spooky horror faction. It's not like we don't already have three or four of those.

Disruption now only stop jacks from gaining focus.
Focus allocation uses the word allocation, so you can still allocate focus to disrupted jack.

So even though we didn't need a spoopy faction i'm most likely still going in on it. I hope Zu will be the Coc of hordes though

Disruption is listed under continuous effects. Does this mean that it could be removed during the maintenance phase, on a roll of a 1 or 2, before power up and allocation?

My aunt bought me this Chaos demon right before she died. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. Would it be okay if I used it in my Skorne army? It's red like the rest of the Skorne, so it will fit right in. I was thinking I could make it an agonizer.

Would it be tournament legal?

Damn you PP. Why cant we download the pdfs?
Cheap bastards

So basically, for most practical uses, it cancels out the effects of power up and prevents channeling.

Sweet baby jesus, not you again.
Whats next? A Landraider? An anime figurine?
Argh

Nope. There's no disruption continuous effect, it's just listed next to them.
>Disruption – A warjack hit by this attack loses its focus
points and cannot gain focus or channel spells for one round.

All the other specify that they have a continuous effect.

seems that way, MK2's disruption specifically listed you cannot allocate focus etc etc

PLAY LIKE YOU GOT A PAIR. This is a real game for real wargamers, not pussy ass fags who cry over dead chicks. I'd kick anyone with this sob story out of my store and tell them never to come back until they had consumed a bottle of whiskey, fucked a chick (at least an 8 or a 9), and killed and eaten something at least the size of a small dog.

Is this a new meme I missed? What is going on here?

Unsupported?

Some faggot came in asking if he could use his space marines in Warmahordes because his dead grandpa bought them for him. He was selling off his 40k collection except for that one unit and wanted to use it in another game.

So why did they totally shit the bed with that keynote

I don't get it

So, what's the opinion on the new trample?
Usable/Decent?

Design space for future keynotes

what changed

Pretty stoked for the venator dakar. Skorne really needed a 4 point solo that gave rerolls. That +1 to attack really takes the sting off of inaccurate, too.

The karat UA provides a cool niche for an arm 17 small based unit that costs 15 points.

Models being trampled can't get free strikes

The entire thing is shitting the bed

>Announce huge new rules changes
They're the same with like 4 minor differences
>Announce new models as your sales are stagnating
They're the same bowling trophies that stagnated you before
>Announce new faction
Make a handicam movie that looks like shit and doesn't show anything people want
>Get a haircut
Look like Jason Soles

Seeing the issue yet?

And disruption can't be shaken right?

Quickly, someone find the best way to spam ranged disruption and grievous wounds and kill the battlegroup meta.

My tranny gf bought me this awesome fig right before she/he died from aids. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. Would it be okay if I used it in my Skorne army? It's strong looking like the rest of the Skorne, so it will fit right in. I was thinking I could make it AGONIZER

Is that a change? I played in a tournament 2 weeks ago and the dudes there said homies being trampled don't get free strikes.

that has not been the case since mk2

disruption can be removed with Empower but not shaken because you can't get a focus to shake with

Yeah, I just looked it up. They didn't actually change anything about trample.
What the actual fuck was all the noise about for the edition change.

Or maybe sub it for Despoiler

thats how tramples worked in mk2, models hit by trample couldnt freestrike, only those not hit could

...that's not a change

well played

most of it was for model rule changes

not being able to charge friendlies is actually a big deal for some casters, i.e. butcher3, iron mother, eTwins. hell I've charged mcthralls with Denny1 just to get better feat positioning

So it's basically MK2.5 with a lot of made up hype of "EVERYTHING CHANGES" to get people to give a damn

well all models did change

Sure fits right in see?

I really don't know if I'll keep playing. I feel like they really gutted skorne and that PP still doesn't know what to do with the faction even after all of mark 2. Even when they buff us it comes with unnecessary nerf bat whacks that don't even make sense.

The whole way they handled mark 3 is just terrible. I honestly feel like it will just be a waste of money to keep buying things.

They just don't understand what we want or need and are dismissive about any complaints.

>So why did they totally shit the bed with that keynote

Because these are nerds running a business, not businessmen. And definitely not marketers.

Just like how commercials for local businesses tend to be really shitty.

Any new pics of unreleased models?Particularly kallus2
I'll forgive them for the shitty keynote if they churn out some nice sculpts

My Grandma bought me this waifu figurine right before she died. It has a lot of sentimental value to me. Would it be okay if I used it in my Cryx army? It's naval themed like the rest of the Cryx, so it will fit right in. I was thinking I could make it pirate queen Skarre

Just stop trying to make a meme out of this. It's pathetic

>not using it as a Galleon

Kek,this is morbid autism
go on

Only if it's used as Denny.

Kallus2, Captain Aiakos, and the Greylord Forgeseer were solely computer mock-ups. maybe feora3 as well

someone said there was also a MOW caster computer mock-up

the Sea King garg for trolls had art and maybe a prototype sculpt?

The supposed MoW caster was the Greylord solo

Ah sorry,I wanted to say any art actually,including concepts/illustrations,zbrush sculpts and whathaveyou
Haven't heard of the mow caster tho

Cryx is already a thing

And unless you're cygnar or Khador, all of your shit sucks now

Someone posted a pic of an early Sea King in resin.

As I play Protectorate and Circle, I have salt that Trolls get a third garg model before my others get a second one

No you fucking idiot

skorne player pls
dont project yourself to other factions

Legion and Cryx both got insanely nonsensical nerfs as well

Don't forget Cryxfags!

gargs are dumb, I'd rather see more infantry and regular jacks

AK UA when

What do AKs need to make them useful? Gang?

they're not awful with Strakhov, but i keep thinking of better things to take instead.

So. Finch is no longer an attachment. so even more free focus, on top of a free upkeep, or being immune to infantry charges, or even more focus and a bigger CTRL

meanwhile eTwins can't take a lousy succubus, because reasons

if this shit doesnt convince you Age of Cygnar is real, i dunno what will

Meh, I want the Revelator as it opens up a lot of stuff for Protectorate, and Malekus seems to *really* want one.

I could honestly care less about the Storm Raptor, but it's... odd that we've got two troll gargs out and seen a physical version of the third before we see even renders of several factions' second gargossols.

Yeah, the problem is not that they are *bad*. There are just better options for every situation

>>Everyone wants Infernals and Zu let's not give it to them.
PP fucked up there.

>an anime figure

could work for infinity

I want this faction, and I didn't know it until now.

I couldn't care less about the Storm Raptor as a circle mini, but I have high hopes that it will be a good-looking display piece, it the art was anything to go by.

fuck internals

this new thing very well may be Zu, but cmon, PP said they were "unlike anything in the game before" and now they sound like lizard-skorne. they're scraping the bottom of teh creative barrel.

Yeah every time I build a list with AKs and flamethrowers I ask myself "can i free up 3 points for double doom reavers"

they won't have Warbeasts or Warjacks, only colossals.

>now they sound like lizard-skorne

Source? The only information I found on the new faction was the atrocious teaser

>The entire army is nothing but Gargantuans, Battle Engines and huge-based 'locks.
I...might play that.

I guess it's a good problem to have? But I'd still like to see them get something setting them apart.

Going to miss shooting my juggernaut with debuff gas while he beats up beasts.

all i saw was something how they were kobolds with pain fetishes

You're thinking of dreggs

which are part of the new faction last i checked

in any case the "reveal" was lame as shit.

Don't forget Nemo's special rule about lightning not jumping to lightning immune targets is now just a core rule and applies to every cygnar army now :D

I'm mildly interested in the new faction because, frankly, Fae scare the fuck out of me. However, there's a lot of fuck up potential here and they really did come the fuck out of nowhere

welp now cygnar can know how cryx felt being the teachers pet the last 10 years

>look up old LnL keynote videos
>30-40+ minutes of talking about new releases, new plans, board/cardgames/ikrpg, lots of new art and lore
Man the last two years have been so bad. What the fuck.

>Cryx
>Teacher's Pet
Nigga Cygnar has been getting the best units for the past 5 years. They have the best colossal, the most good casters and easily are at the top of the "comparable units" pile. 25% of all top tier tournament attendance is Cygnar, in a game with more than 4 factions, that should be a pretty big red flag

Ret is stupid good

So am I reading this correctly? Do journeyman warcasters not have power up?