youtube.com/watch?v=dsR8XO1nmDc
youtube.com/watch?v=vJTl_pKEadM
youtube.com/watch?v=-2SNtLeZoOg
mega.nz/#F!KcYnFRwB!svAhjnY3pBgihPFs2CUoUg
youtube.com/watch?v=7W35dyPTh6o
imgur.com/cJ97SYn
youtu.be/vgWkbBYzV2w?t=7m54s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think there's gonna be a TDE inclusion in Free RPG Day this year.

Finally will be able to run this for my palls.

OP here,
I'm in a German DSA/TDE group for a while now and with the english release I'm somewhat intrigued to do a small roll20 campaign.
Noice

P.S.:
They also participated in this years German Free RPG Day ("Gratis Rollenspiel Tag") with the German version of the Quickstart rules I linked in the OP. So I guess they will provide that one for Free RPG day.

Do you have an online trove for the DSA books? I might get into a group soon-ish and wanted to take a look at everything, so I'm not completely new to it

Sorry, no, not at present.
Also the quickstart rules are so condensed, they are almost useless.
I recommend you watch one of the few english "let's plays" on youtube. I can post a few helpful links when I'm home.

That chick in the art looks like she has a flaming dong :^)

Here is an english let's play (which is not entirely faithful to the rules):
youtube.com/watch?v=mk1hiPp2nlI

There are some lore videos that daedalic games et c. did:
youtube.com/watch?v=YdFflK4vASo
youtube.com/watch?v=sCHM4NGYOsE
youtube.com/watch?v=dsR8XO1nmDc

Also some promo videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=vJTl_pKEadM
youtube.com/watch?v=-2SNtLeZoOg

Too bad they had to censor the English edition.

Alright thanks. I hope I don't forget to watch those.
Also: I did find the trove again on 7chan if you are interested in almost 40GB of DSA, here you go: mega.nz/#F!KcYnFRwB!svAhjnY3pBgihPFs2CUoUg

The Dark Eye on tg?

Tell me about your groups, what characters are you playing? Any english groups on roll20?

If I recall the vidya version, elves were OP as hell and 80% of the spells were dead useless. That still the case?

Elves can learn spells of other traditions based on their experience level. Also theres nothing stopping you to play an elve that visited a normal magic academy. It's unusual but not impossible.

Someone share the PDF god dammit

Oh, good, another RPG autism simulator in which Fighters Eat Shit.

pretty much this, also tde 5 is garbage.
its like pathfinders ugly little cousin (with autism)

Don't worry, there's always 4e for casuals like you

meanwhile people who enjoy verisimilitude and actual roleplaying can play actual RPGs, not WoW.

Looks like the girl in the OP picture is a futanari and is slapping her huge flaming dick on top of the logo.

>I blow up dat thing and dat thing and dat thing and dat thing okay all done
>verisimilitude and actual roleplaying

Hnnngnghh

I have mixed feelings about the 5th edition. It's awesome that they got rid of build points, that they reworked the talents and that they enabled the refluffing of spells and miracles, but I hate what they did to the fighting system.

If you're looking for the german ones:

youtube.com/watch?v=7W35dyPTh6o

>Too bad they had to censor the English edition.

What is even there to censor? I can't remember any pictures or descriptions with any gore

Forgot the link

mega.nz/#F!KcYnFRwB!svAhjnY3pBgihPFs2CUoUg

The changes are great, fights are a lot shorter now which is good. Remember taking 1 or 2 hours just for fighting a bunch of guards or orcs? It was terrible.

I dunno. It's true that the fights could evolve into terrible clusterfucks, but we had our fun with them. Maneuvers like feints and hammer blow were definetly more fun than they are now, and sometimes I think that the prerequesites for learning them encourage minmaxing even more than in earlier editions.

And I'll never forgive them for what they did to bastard swords. They may have been mediocre in terms of damage, but their fighting style and possible maneuvers made them a top choice for fighting humanoids. Now they're just small greatswords you should ditch for bigger ones

tfw you know that the main artist for DSA5 is a furry and that the half elf in the background of the pic is her fukboi

True but there are a lot of other good changes and we're just in the second edition of DSA5. A lot of rulechages will be made according to community feedback.

That may be true but...

They took my schtick from me, y'know? Without a seperate skill for bastard swords it just doesn't feel right to use one. I can get over every other change as long as I have fun playing the game, but I can't spell "fun" without "bastard swords".
The Adersin style of fencing is impossible with the new rules. No more stabs, no more pommel strikes. I'm not sure if I can use unarmed attacks while holding the sword in one hand either.

The hand-and-a-half sword was the king of all weapons. But it was dethroned by streamlining and simplicity

What stops you from homebrewing the correct skills over in the newversion? If its that important to you, your dm shouldn't have a problem with it.

Is this game still incredibly broken? I have played a couple of the video games, but I have only heard bad things about the RPG's rules.

I guess I could try that, but it'll always have this aftertaste of disrespecting the makers.

I always had fun while playing. What do you define as broken?

>in which Fighters Eat Shit.

How much shit are we talking here? Is it like D&D bad, where the spellcasters just make them totally irrelevant, or is it more like they're just kind of underwhelming?

DSA has three great selling points for me (opinion based on 5 years of playing 3rd edition):
First, unarmed combat is a hell lot of fun once you internalized the rules. It has variety and versimilitude and is actually useful (unless you fight a dragon or something).
Second, magic. Yes, its cluncy, difficult and sometimes obscure, but the basic spells are really cool and give you many options. A ton of options. I'd say each DSA spell counts for five D&D spells and you get at least as many as in D&D. Also, spells are skills, no pseudo-Vancian bullshit. And at last: most spells do not do direct damage. There are many utility spells and they have uses outside of combat.
Third, the skills themselves. Its a bit like GURPS, but easier to handle. The combination of skill level and attribute is meaningful. The whole thing is not an afterthought put ontop of a combat system.

They censored the english version? What did they censor, the pics where the differences between the species are shown?

I guess this adventure will never cross the ocean then:

imgur.com/cJ97SYn

Its simply not true. Fighter DON'T eat shit. Armed combat uses a combination of hit points (of which you have an almost fixed amount, hp don't "level") and a wound system. It isn't extremely lethal, but a lot harsher than D&D. Fighters will get a lot of combat maneuvers, whereas mages likely get none (unless you're an elf, elves are powerful), which are necessary to get tactical options during a fight. Combat maneuvers are also more versatile and interesting than D&D Feats.

Casters are very powerful, though. Very powerful. But they are also severely limited by their Astral Energy (mana) pool, which, like hp, almost doesn't improve. You can roast a dozen orcs with a fireball, yes, but after that you're empty and likely exhausted and will have to rest a long time. Usually its much more efficient to use your utility spells and save up astal energy until you really need it.

Also, DSA is much less focused on combat than D&D.

>Also, DSA is much less focused on combat than D&D.

This! DSA/TDE has a lot of rules, concepts and focus on non-combat thematics. It's fun and feels a lot more 'realistic' and diverse.

They did a bit more than that.
Apart from putting clothing/hair/leaves on every nipple/sideboob in the book, they completely removed the "prostitute" profession, changed some details about slave trade in southern aventuria and the talent "zechen" (drinking alcohol) was translated with "self-control".
Although I don't really mind the last one, I don't like that it's different from the german edition.

Rahja is not amused.

And I thought germany was cucked about its Youth Protection and media censoring.

Wait, isn't there already a self-control talent? (MU/MU/KO). Zechen was a (KL/KO/KK) check and now it seems redundant.

Germany just hates excessive violence.

Yes, they prefer exactly the right amount of violence delivered with cold, brutal efficiency.

>DSA is much less focused on combat than D&D
It's literally named after a bruise.

If only I knew German

Good thing I live in germany then. I can't imagine DSA without prostitutes and boobs, even more so because the brothel madam has more skills/costs more points than a trained warrior or knight.

And the orgy adventure is one of the best adventures I have ever played. They knew exactly that it could be the biggest mistake they ever made and did everything to avoid that. The result is a good plot with awesome characters and many side activities.

I really wish they'd write more of the official stuff like that.

No it really isn't. That's why they call it the dark eye in english.

No, that would be "Das blaue Auge".
DSA gets the name from a group of palantir like artifacts in the setting.

Now there is "Body Control" (Körperkontrolle) and "Self-Control" (Zechen).
I guess it kind of makes sense, but is partly incompatible with the german one. I would prefer they made the change in both versions or in none.

P.S.:
I doubt the Rahja Vademecum will ever get a translation
youtu.be/vgWkbBYzV2w?t=7m54s