/swg/ - The B-Team Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsJ4pALlbEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Man how awesome would it be if Denis Lawson got a major role in a new film

Is that a Quarian second-from-left?

No, that visor is actually his face. Chitin, yo.

Very... I'mma cry now.

Even though he's said he doesn't want to come back to Star Wars for a minor part I'd like it if:
They make Wedge an admiral, put him on a Republic ship in conversation with Cokefiend Fisher as much as possible to distract from her awkward acting and to carry the expositiony strategy parts of the film.
Then have him mention Rogue call signs, or make a radio call to Rogue leader.

Alternatively just have someone mention "Admiral Antilles' fleet" being on the other side of the galaxy during a war room scene.

I want the new characters (Rey, Finn, Poe, Phasma, Ben, etc.) to have as much chance at development and screen time as possible, so anything more than a nod to Wedge would be wasted screen time in my unimportant opinion.

We had a pretty good discussion about d6 Star Wars in general, and I'd like to continue that. I only played 1st edition, and I'd appreciate it if you guys could clue me in on how different 2nd ed and Revised & Expanded were. Also, did anybody use the Wild Die, because my group sure as fuck didn't.

Wild die is crucial. It gives the GM similar freedom to what people always tout as a benefit of the FFG games. I always thought its inclusion was one of the big strengths of the D6 system.

First x wing post with an off-the-wall build:
Horton Salm
-TLT
-R2-D6
-BTL-A4
-Outmaneuver

x2 Blue Squadron Pilot

"Zeb"
-Kanan Jarrus

I'm going to be joining a new casual group around here and I wanted to show up with this on the first day.

Agreed; as much as I like X-Wing, some rpg discussion is welcome.
What are the best d6 modules in your opinion?

For me it's the Darkstryder campaign.
>multiple PCs
>nice supporting cast
>lots of freedom due to being set
>various adventures in tone and setting

WEG produced a ton of good original content for the EU. And never went edgy afaik despite the trends of the period. If anything they kept a nice amount of '70s-'80s goofiness.

DarkStryder was kinda the standout, IMO. A lot of their other best stuff was more sourcebooks rather than adventures

I got two buddies that are interested in the game and are coming to our local shop to check it out and play, what's some good starter lists I should make for them?

The first time they play I recommend running Some sort of x-wing vs TIE fighter thing- no unique pilot abilities, minimal upgrades. And it doesn't have to be a full 100 points either. Something shorter and simplier to help them understand the basic movement/action/shooting that the game is based around.

Imperials- 50-pts
Black Squadron Pilot
Academy Pilot x3

Rebels- 50pts
Rookie Pilots x2
Proton Torpedoes

The second time is where you add in unique pilots and more extensive upgrade cards, and also when you raise the points value up to a full game. I like letting new players use a list where each ship has some combination of a pilot ability and upgrade that make them useful but don't rely heavily on being flown in formation or working together.

Imperials- 100pts
Delta Squadron Pilot
-Ion Cannon
Dark Curse
Commander Kenkirk
-Stay on Target
-Moff Jerjerrod
-Rebel Captive

Rebels- 100pts
Poe Dameron
-Predator
Ten Numb
-Mangler Cannon
Horton Salm
- Twin Laser Turret

They aren't super competitive lists, but each ship does something a little different, and gives players a chance to try out some different ships

Maybe swap r2d6 with just r2 astro but looks fine to me

Darkstryder's awesome but it is pretty railroady at times.

Somebody say something about B-teams?

Triggeeing morality.

Im without my book right now, and was wondering if anyone can clarify the effects of triggering morality. If triggered does it act like Duty and Obligation in that it lowers the strain threshold by 2 for the triggered and 1 for everyone else?

No. When Morality is triggered, you make a moral choice directed towards the triggered player, aimed at their emotional strength, weakness, or both. If their choice reflects their strength or weakness, then when at the end of the session, when you see if they increase or decrease their Morality, you double the score. Per RAW, there's no other mechanical option like strain decrease for Obligation or wound increase for Duty if you decide not to alter the story with what was triggered.

Instead, being high or low morality scores affects your Strain threshold.

Okay, so I'm going to name up again and just say that I'm probably going to drop Star Wars from my pull list because the secret Alliance warcri- I mean prison was bad, and so was For YOUUUUUU, but the ending of issue 19 was just.

Man, are we really fucking doing this? Are we REALLY doing this?

>Man, are we really fucking doing this? Are we REALLY doing this?

oh boy, what did they do THIS time?

I DIDN'T KNOW! I'm sorry, I didn't know! The comic was going alright-ish up until suddenly Vader Down was a thing and then it was all pic related all the way to the bank!

spoil please?

Allow me to present the scanned evidence of the crimes before you without the ad in the middle.

Okay I saw the various Stormtrooper's designs before, thought they were lame but whatever.

The lightsaber though, that's crossing a line.

the fuck?
the fuck is this?
the fuck is that?
the fuck are they?

So yeah, probably going to drop Star Wars because fuck this noise.

but seriously, what in the ever-loving fuck is going on?

Didn't mind rebel jail but this hurts.

And the lightsaber is DEFINITELY what crossed my line. And not only that this dweeb HAS a lightsaber, but that he has the Skywalker lightsaber, but with a green blade. I just..... I can't.
Um.... okay, so.... turns out the Alliance had a supah secrit supermax prison space station in close orbit to a star where they put captured Imperial officers and like.... creepy pyscho people. Without trial. For years on end..... you know, by the good guys! Also, I think they had it set up so it would fall into the sun if the inmates ever tried to escape?

So Leia goes there to put what's her face evil archaeologist in when 4UUUUU shows up and starts killing the inmates because "THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING LEIA LEIA LEIA I'M OBSESSED WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE ON MY BRIEFING FOR GOING TO KILL PALPATINE IN THE STAR WARS ANNUAL AND ALSO MY FACE IS ALL PIMPLY NOW DESPITE NOT BEING THAT WAY IN THE ANNUAL"

Oh sorry, did I spoil that surprise? Anyway, Leia, Not Mrs. Solo, and the psycho archaeologist team up to kick him and his droid's shit in, Luke and Han show up and get immediately captured, Leia wrestles 4U in zero-G, order is restored, and the supermax is evacuated and left to drop into the sun.

Then these fucks show up. Outta nowhere.

I have no idea what's going on

Just give him a fucking vibroblade. Make it cortosis if you want him to duel Luke. Christ!

>Even though he's said he doesn't want to come back to Star Wars for a minor part

I keep hearing this and I have to be honest that I think it's pretty shitty of him if it's true. For starters, it's not like he had a huge role in the OT (and it hardly stopped us from loving him, did it?) and as you said the new movies should primarily be devoted to the new characters and their stories. Hell, even the stars of the OT haven't had particularly large roles as of yet (with the exception of Ford and he ended up eating it).

If the guy who played Ackbar was willing to - in his 90s - pretend to be a fishman for a mere couple of minutes of screentime and about as many lines then Lawson can suck it up and play third fiddle in a small but respectful cameo.

>I keep hearing this and I have to be honest that I think it's pretty shitty of him if it's true
to be fair, he's got a ongoing TV show and some other stuff going, so he'd probably have to do a lot of rescheduling and pass up or possibly loose money, and it simply isn't worth it to him to do it for a 30 second bit

I suppose that's fair if he really has a decent line-up of work.

What's the show he's doing?

>4UUUUU
Who the fuck?
These comics are getting worse all the time

Strike Force Shantipole's fun; each act lets different kinds of characters shine, The PCs get to hang out with Ackbar, and it caps with some good starfighter combat. I actually ran it for FFG without really having to modify it.

Did the draft for this comic get passed on to the same guy who green-lit Aftermath? Jesus Pennin, that's retarded.

That was also stupid.

George told them no Vibroblades

I thought scrubbing the Eu was to fix the bullshit, not make it worse.

Goddammit we lost Rogue Squadron and Thrawn for this?

WHY

We lost Jedi Prince for this. And Crystal Star. And all the bad of the EU as well.

>you were supposed to bring balance to the force
come on man, you knew the new EU was going to be the same shit

sheev clones when

Well, you know what they say about the third time.

The 2040s are going to kick ass for those of us /swg/ anons who haven't succumbed to diabetes or committed suicide.

don't listen to this guy those list are vomit inducing, that's like shitting on a new player by giving the rebel 3 different dial and pilot abilities, and with god awful upgrade at that.

the only thing you should do is make them play a single kind of ship that they think looks cool. When they have 3 games under the belt (so like 2 hours later) they be able to pick their own upgrade and ship because they'll understand the rules, dials etc

not those guys but I usually just ask them what faction they want to play and if any of my ships catch their eye. Then Ill slap together a couple of evenly matched lists and have at it

that the way to do it. Cool looking ship for the beginner first.

Prisoner of war camps aren't a war crime. Since Unless the Republic has *exactly* westfalen definitions of just war, putting Imperials in a prison and not just executing them is appropriate. Wartime rules and all that, but I haven't read the comic. Questionable drop-in-sun security measure not-withstanding.

Unique Imperial hero who uses a lightsaber doesn't seem too crazy, considering the silly shinanegans established in both old-EU and Clone Wars stuff (darksaber, savage opress, darth maul surviving). Although the fact that they've also had the ISB agent arena-master with a lightsaber, Grakkus having a horde of lightsabers, and the cyber-sith with lightsabers removes any impact that could have been had from "oh... this SpecOps Imperial AoR Hero has a lightsaber."

So on a scale of 1 - "Assaj Ventress isn't a Rakkataki anymore" of annoyed to a 10 of "George Lucas Reboots the Original Trilogy with Jar Jar as the main hero" of outrage, this hits about a 4.

Also, this lightsaber is much worse.

>The B-Team
TELL THAT TAE KANJIKLUB

>sabercopters
Always makes me laugh.

Best way to run 3x PS 5 TIE phantom ?
Advanced Clocking Device + FCS x3 ??
it's for a "no unique pilot or crew" tournament

forgot the random StarWars pic so people read the post

I can't hate sabercopters. They're just so silly they land right into "fun" territory

Ah, sweet death will have embraced me by the 2040's one way or another to save me from shitty comics and novels written like SMS-speak by Chuck Wendig

Casualty. It's the longest running medical drama in TV history at this point, and I think he might have been on it at the start.

He's also in New Tricks as well.

ah, a soap. yep, that's a lifetime career of a show. you could get away with taking a few episodes off to film an actual movie role, but probably not for a cameo

Seems pretty good. I'd just be afraid of the guy who has the money to bring in a Crackswarm of however many Black Squadron TIEs you can squeeze in

>Casualty
bleh
fact: the only good shows that the BBC have ever produced are Top Gear and Still Game

Rate my obviously-ripped fantasy Jedi, /swg/.

Nah, Dr Who has had the occaisional good season, as has QI.

It should be stated, these monks are based purely on my interpretation of Jedi through the lens of the original trilogy and Jolee Bindo. So it's just as much my personal thoughts on what Jedi should be as it is a fantasy interpretation.

Pretty cool. The whole Jedi theme work surprisingly well in a fantasy setting, mostly since the Jedi ideals are a mishmash of buddism, taoism and shintoism (if i remember correctly) with additional Kurosawa tropes added to the mix

What are /swg/'s opinions on ghost ships?

I'm thinking of fleshing one out for the Galov sector campaign I've been working on.

The group I played with ran one as a sort of "Halloween special," just before I joined them. They told me they had a ton of fun.

Reposting it, because after seeing what I put up for you guys my grammar and syntax mistakes were REALLY bothering me. Here's the fresher version.

Thanks for the commentary. I agree that it's pretty easy to fit them in, especially when I stick to the "purer," combination of the original trilogy ascetic Taoist monk and the Jolee school of dashing and compassionate adventurers.

It's always what I felt the Jedi SHOULD be, and the idea of the bureaucratic and stagnant Order always bothered me--even if it did fit the theme of the Republic falling through decadence and incompetence. Adds a bit of a meta perspective in the sense that I don't think Lucas intended that; the incompetence of the writer is reflected in the thematic incompetence of the Order.

Come back Avarik

>opinions on ghost ships
I'm more of a YT traditionalist than a VCX man myself.

Dun wanna.

And yet, you pick worst YT.

>Otana
>Not the best YT
Worst YT is the Rendar Porkchop Express.

I expected them to be lazy and remake the gold old stories. Not to put a lot of effort into creating shit.

>Vader Down
It was a shitty corssover if I ever saw one. Not a single good interaction between the characters since you have to respect the movies, and more people crossing path than a scoobt-doo chase.

How so? The only truly railroady element I remember is Captain Ciro getting captured, but it's necessary from a narrative standpoint so the PCs can be put in command of the ship.

Nice trips, and they're gone.

>Wanting to drive the corellian penis boat.

Nope definitely worst

>It was a shitty crossover if I ever saw one
That's what I said.

Anyway, have something tumblr cooked up which left me hooting with laughter for a little bit.

>not wanting to drive a massive, metal, dong into the black depths the universe

That burn is hotter than the lava of Mustafar.

You need survivability. The Advanced Cloaking Device allows you to fire up your cloak after you shoot, but that's only if you have a shot. And it does nothing to help against higher PS ships.
This is why Echo and Whisper so often have Veteran Instincts.

If you're running generics, go with the Stygian Particle Accelerator. Anything lower PS, will have to contend with 4 base attack dice and horrifying reposition options. Anything higher PS, and you at least have action economy with an evade token when you cloak/decloak. Evade, Focus, and 2 Agilty might not seem like a lot... But it does when you pay 4 points for a Sensor Jammer on top of it. 3 phantoms at PS 5 with Stygian PA and Sensor Jammers run a cool 99pts (33 per ship). You can use that last point for initiative bid, or just take an Intel Agent or something. You're just using them as glass sledgehammers that are really good at repositioning and focus firing the fuck out of something. I've fielded two like this with a Defender, and the combination was quite devastating.

>Top Gear
>not Hyperdrive or Two Pints
get out

kek

That would be the Carrack 'space benis' Cruiser

3x Stygium, Sensor Jammer, 1 w/ Intel Agent. Token stack when decloaking, blunt incoming atlas attacks, use Intel to help with blocking/decloaking.

bumping with best bomber girl

What would be the SW equivalent of a Gran Torino?
I have an idea for two characters in EotE
youtube.com/watch?v=gsJ4pALlbEM

>That speed 5

Whats a good spec for a Soldier style character? I was thinking Soldier, but Commando is way to Melee, Medic isn't what I'm going for and Sharpshooter is too snipery, I'm playing in a Legacy Era game as an Empire in Exile Stormtrooper. Should I do Merc Soldier instead?

/swg/ I want to try running bombers in X-Wing. Up until now, I've run Interceptors, Advanced and Defenders pretty much exclusively and haven't ever really used ordnance before.

How do I not suck?

What flavour you thinking of? What do you want to do?

Y-wings are alright. And provide fun for both players inside when you're in space.
Otherwise, CL-1c Lancet Interceptor from Sun of Fortune

I kinda liked it because, stupid blade aside, MandoMan really sucked at using it, as a non-Force user should.

He would have done better to tackle Obi-wan and just punch his face in like Durge did.

I miss Durge so much ;_;

I actually like the way he fought with it. He clearly knows what he's doing and can hold his own, but he's just not physically capable of doing the more advanced stuff so he sticks with the basics and supplements it with technology.

Exactly how I'd imagine a Mando fighting against a Jedi.

First, give them Guidance Chips or Long Range Scanners. Then, don't load them up too much... Reserve a torp slot for Extra Munitions. Take Proton Torps (4pts) if you want an automatic blank/eye to hit (G chip) and eye to crit. Plasma (3pts) if you need a cheap option that burns away things with lots of shields (see ref. Miranda). And Ion if you are willing to pay extra for a control-bomb. Adv. Proton Torps only if you are playing with Rhymer, but he's grossly overcosted.

Missiles are an alternative, with Concussion guaranteeing a respectable 2 blanks into hits. Homing Missile shuts down Evade tokens, and Adv. Homing Missile can possibly 1-shot anything with 2 hull if it hits. Cluster Missiles aren't bad... But are best if you've got ways to modify both volleys. Assault Missiles are "meh" unless up against a Tie Swarm, and Ion Pulse Missiles pretty much exist just to throw two Ion tokens into a big ship.

Bombs are up to you on how you want use them, but you've got the ones that explode that turn, and the ones that sit around and wait for someone to hit then. Cluster Bombs are dumb, as they don't cause crits. Conner Nets are brutal if set up right.

Generally speaking, a scimitar with a torp/missile and extra munitions works well on his own. Gamma Vets in the Veterans pack will give you a generic Deadeye option. And the one named to stay away from, is Rhymer. Unless you really want to pay a bunch of extra points just to play around with range bands.

Lowbies are great with mines, bombs that take actions to drop. Fly over a shio before it moves and bomb them.

Gammas are pretty solid with just proton torps, extra munitions, and chips. 24 points. Against lower generics you should be ok, but it will take fancy flying to catch high PS aces.

Bombers win and lose in the planning phase. Learn your movements, learn your ranges.

Just your basic everyman kinda trooper, or idk Republic Commando style maybe? Either one.

I'm 11-2 with this. lost against jump master 2 times because of incredible mistakes I made. it was a bad day.

This list was created 6-7 swg thread ago and is really strong. Get 2 of the first 26 point smictar is

With the release of the Soldier sourcebook, we know Heavy (from Dangerous Covenant) is going to be a Soldier Spec so you could make a heavy weapons guy right now. Otherwise, Mercenary Soldier, from EotE core, might be what you're looking for.

I personally would swap the system officier with Jonus
TIE Bomber: · Captain Jonus (22)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE Bomber: Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE Bomber: Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)
Deadeye (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE Bomber: Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
TIE Shuttle (0)
Fleet Officer (3)

Maybe swap out a cluster for a concussion too

That would be my vote. Cluster's alright... But it really only shines against low agility ships, like Y-Wings, Milleniu Falcons, or YV-666s. It also can do a lot of damage against huge ships. But I find more than anythinf, it's best on ad-hoc missile carriers. Like Z-95s (especially N'Dru, Tie Advanced Prototypes, and anything that gets bonuses to multiple attacks. Thanks to Guidance Chips, Concussion Missiles have become my go-to missile for reliable damage against a wide variety of targets.