Any tips for role-playing as a girl when you're a boy irl...

Any tips for role-playing as a girl when you're a boy irl? How do I not play either a man with tits or a sexiest caricature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0g9_wfkYjfo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Assuming this is not a bait thread:
I've never tried it so I can't offer any tips, I will say though that whatever you do try not to annoy your DM or fellow players.

Instead of specifically trying to think of gendered traits, think of how being a girl woulda changed your character growing up in the setting. For example, if you're playing a female fighter in a setting where most fighters are men, think of what attitude she'd develop about that. Like, maybe they are overly aggressive to prove themselves. Or maybe they are more meek and reluctant to show off their talent in front of people. Then just mark that as a character trait like any other and stick to it.

That show is terrible and hasn't aged well at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=0g9_wfkYjfo

Make way for best Kanker

I would destroy Marie Kanker.

>having taste this shit
Lee is a real woman and the only Kanker worth the trouble

First, make a man with tits. Then decide how her being a woman instead of a man would have changed her personality, goals, outlook, and the like, and adjust her accordingly. If there's no differences between being a man and a woman in the society she's living in, then man with tits works.

She reminds me of my ex gf

>man with tits

A concept that assumes there are significant inherent differences between men and women

>sexiest(sic) character

A concept that assumes there AREN'T significant inherent differences between men and women

One or the other, dipshit. Also, keep in mind that you're writing an individual, not a stereotype. Not every male character has to be a musclebound womanizer who responds to every slight with physical violence lest he be accused of being a "woman with a dick".

If historical accuracy is your concern, see and

Come up with a character that could be either gender. Pick the gender you want to use. Adjust things slightly based on the one you chose, considering how the character you designed would be having grown up as that gender, based on your setting.

You're terrible and haven't aged well at all. Faggot.

Gotta disagree with you, user. The loony format of the show is refreshing and entertaining without worrying about itself, or pandering to its audience.

Would it still be considered playing a man with tits if I begin with a male character with a less manly personality/class/job then just switch the genders?

Like, friendly wandering Priest/Cleric, except now Priestess. That wouldn't get accused of anything just because I thought of a male character to start with, right?

Some women really are men with tits.
Some men really are women with dicks.

...if Tumblr is to believed, some women are men without tits and some men are women without dicks, and some men are apache helicopters.

...I'm not an Apache Helicopter, but it would be fun to play as one...

How so?

>the only correct way

In most cases it probably won't be significant, it probably won't come up in say casual conversation, the nuance of being a girl, the same way the nuance of being a boy wouldn't.

If it does, I imagine its likely in a joking manner, so make your jokes. If you think the serious nuance will come up in casual conversation, don't play a girl unless you understand the nuance of being a girl, or unless you're seriously intending to explore that. That kind of nuance usually will approach awkward territory.

>..I'm not an Apache Helicopter, but it would be fun to play as one...

Look into Palladiums stuff, pretty sure thats an option somewhere...

No shaming Helicopterkin!

>women =/= men
>chars =/= caricatures
>muh fake af sjw 'concern'
>assumes this is not bait a thread

Welcome, newfriend.

>One or the other, dipshit
>Middle grounds aren't a thing

I think of a man. And I take away reason and accountability.

What the fuck is happening in this? Why does the guy just suddenly lose his face?

How's that summer break?

I don't have an adequate reaction image on hand so have a picture of st nickolas refusing the teat

I just play a man with tits, except as a loli. Always works.

Play a non human. If anyone questions you about how you do it, just ask them if they ever met a female dorf.

The quality bar is already so low in casual rpgs that you can't really play a character "wrong", either people will just laugh or not notice or care.

>Make a character
>Think of how she would act in a given situation
>Do that

Don't overthink it. Ideally you don't underthink it, either, but man-with-tits is better than what you get when you try too hard.

Word. There's differences, just not as significant as they're sometimes made out to be.

I'm not gonna dive into a "difference between men and women" thing because this is neither Home Improvement nor a lazy sitcom routine (and also because when people are forced to list the differences between two groups, they tend to come up with bigger and bigger differences and exaggerate more as the list goes on), but JUST for what's relevant to your average TTRPG character, I'd mostly say to not rush headfirst into a challenge quite so readily without examining it first. Unless your character's defining trait is rushing headfirst into challenges without thinking, since that's pretty fun to play.

That's just to say, something I've noticed at my work. Say you need to unscrew something tight. A woman will go get a screwdriver or pair of pliers, as the case may be. A man will see if he can do it with just his fingers, and if he can't, he'll go get a tool.

I have a habit of playing female characters cause in my opinion they are more interesting roleplay wise. I have played three characters and I usually play them as job orientated almost completely uninterested in sex or have it just not be a part of my roleplay. If I say they go out to a tavern to have fun and don't explain anything further you can just assume.

Just almost don't bring up sex and you will pass with flying colors.

>tits
>ovaries
>social constructs
If those aren't relevant to the moment you can do what you always do. First two are easy to spot and handle. Third can be a little tricky but needn't be a huge hassle: are there ideals of "motherhood" or "virginity" to uphold or reject? Are you in/from a culture where being a woman has inherent roles? Medical, religious, or domestic if traditionally patriarcal. Or warrior or leader if something akin to mythic amazons or a matriarcal society. Do those factors allow or disallow specific actions youre considering? Do they change the expected cause-effect chain to follow your actions? If those aren't things to contend with, again you can proceed as normal.

Mostly have it.

Sexism in setting can be cool to play with/against, but it works best if you have a well read GM. Because if sex is going to matter, age/class/birth order/legitimacy and all that should also probably matter. And all in an internally consistent non-cringe manner. It'll probably be more work for him than you.

If the setting doesn't have all that or your GM doesn't do the work of portraying it, titman is probably your best bet in most cases.

always works
and is always best girl

What's wrong with either? There's plenty of latitude in either sex.

>...
Stop that.

I played an attack helicopter in mutants and masterminds once.
it was a good day