/HHG/

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Tracing Perturabo's location through the power of beep-boop edition.
Alpharius infiltrating user's womb sub-edition
In Threadus Penultimatus the relationship between various faction in the mechanicum was discussed as was ADB's tendency towards waifuism, Scoria's forgeworld has a large collection of Bearversor skulls, someone tried to cast a HH movie and was roundly insulted. user...
user demanded fanfic of I and Alacrán, The Based One blessed us with his presence. Anime, AL Gal Vorbak and an IW player came out of their NL closet. Someone told a joke about Tallarns and a few more of Perty's Iron Circle was fleshed out AND MORE
Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)
youtube.com/watch?v=hPK5KDCGF7g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Alpharius infiltrating user's womb sub-edition
?

First for XII

Last thread someone rolled what legion there baby would be, got the AL and then found out it was twins.

>rolled 14
Aw ye

Fucking saturnine when?

Given how the dickbikes turned out different to any imperial jetbike artwork I'm kind of worried what silliness FW may pull with saturnine.

Hopefully they do Bullock bikes one day

maybe for a not completely ridiculous price as well

Preview of more dice from the bulletin.

Are those official?

The Word Bearer and World Eater one look bad.

Yeah, the pic is off today's FW bulletin. I don't really know why the world eater one has such an intricate smoke effect going on, while say the night lords one is really bland.

I do like the IW one though. Dat armoured skull.

>WE dice with smoke effect
>Not with sprinkled blood
FW rly

Any idea where that artwork is from? Did a reverse search but couldn't find the origin.

I failed to dream up of a color scheme, and only got something to do with cavemen and Satan if Satan was an anorexic pasty white warboy that needs his nails trimmed. Coming up with a color scheme is harder than I thought.

>666
>Satan if Satan was an anorexic pasty white warboy that needs his nails trimmed
Huh. I guess I need to get out in the sun, end my disorder, and get a manicure.

>16 quid per 16 dice
i really like the alpha legions ones, but christ m8

But the details on these dice are crisper than the plastic GW dice!

I fine with the IW dice.

>twice the detail, quadruple the price!

>intricate smoke effect
Cheap dice are either solid, glittery, or marbled. These are marbled.

Of course, for the price you'd think they could do something different and paint the corners in the legions' secondary colors or something. You're paying a ton of money for a fancy 6 and nothing more.

It jst makes you want to model your own die, really.

If somehow given the chance, is there any traitor Primarch that would return to the Imperium? Magnus?

Without the Emperor around, I could see Magnus returning. Curze is dead, but he’d fit into the new Imperium too.

Word Bearers dice is red and gold, the fuck. So what are they going to do for the Thousand Sons or Blood Angels.

Lion.

It's a fairly dark red... TS and BA would be brighter.

I'd do BA in red and yellow, and TS in red in white.

What matters most in life, to be accurate and gold doesn't have verdigris, or to look cool?

girlyman

BA red and black

today the army painter daemonic yellow primer betrayed me like the wordbearers while spraying my first calth marines and fucking jizzed a glob all over their faces. I decided that I'm gonna go with the alternate Imperial Fists scheme that Sigismund would have wanted. any tips for how to strip paint off of models? I've never fucked up this bad before...I honestly thought that this primer would work on infantry just as well as it worked on vehicles. ugh.

Super Clean strips plastic alright. Did it happen with the first drops? I've had that happen, so now I always start spraying to the side of the minis and then sweep over them. Always start and end past the minis.

eh I dunno, I really don't have too much experience priming with anything other than GW's chaos black, which is pretty idiot proof. So I think I'm just gonna go back to that and do that primarily black color scheme...

Dunk in isopropyl alcohol, scrub, drown for an hour, scrub again, if it's still alive drown it in there one more time.

I've bought the Velljo Acrylic white brush primer, and it's really liquid.

I wanted to try and use it for a potential WE force, but fuck me, I don't want to have to need 3 coats on every model for the bloody primer.

Any ideas on how to make it a wee bit less watery?
Or shoulf I just deal with it, at least I won't obscure details?

Is it properly stirred? Throw a BB into it and then stir, or use a long toothpick. You can't just shake if it's sat on a shelf (e.g. store shelf) for a long time. It's not that great, though.

Can someone who plays Raven Guard give me a summary as to their overall playstyle and why they are worth building over other legions. I kind of like them lore wise but am struggling to grasp what you can actually do with them, they seem all over the place.

Just mix it with white glue, adds a bit of thickness

DUDE BIRDS LMAO

>Your favorite emos before they actually had a reason to feel like shit. They are a very balanced force that instead of being fast & hiding in cover like their 40k incarnation, either they have Furious charge or appear from where you didn't expect them to. So basically fast and hiding in cover.
>Their bias for lightning-fast attacks and aerial deployment allows them to set up powerful Decapitation strikes, tying up enemy units only to suddenly appear behind the enemy lines and kill that pesky HQ. Which in fact is the exact purpose of their Dark Fury squads. This strategy relies on them going first, but thankfully their RoW helps them with this.
>They are maybe the best IC killers, but if you're looking for mechanized or attrition warfare or troop slot shenanigans, look someplace else. Such as Shattered Legions or Sworn Brothers.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k) is a good plac to start.

A Knight Atrapos and Lancer (me) against a Warhound (opponent).

Am I fucked?

Big fat reminder that Raven Guard actually get *less* use from aircraft than any other Legion and trying to combine Infiltrate with Reserves is a really really shit way to get the first wave killed.

> LA: Infiltrate is such a fundamental shift in your armies capabilities that it's probably the most divergent Legion at the present time. If you aren't building your lists to make use of it, you are playing the army wrong.
> Your dudes don't hit any harder or have any notable strengths beyond hitting first, and mobbing up a Turn 1 gank. Always Infiltrate your army together and anything that gives you First Turn is absolutely gold. To that end, you should be playing Recon Company or Decapitation 9 times out of 10.
> Cameleoline on everyone who can take it, it's just absurdly fucking good.
> When Decapitating, only 1HS makes your lists harder to construct. As Infantry, Rapiers can Infiltrate and so 2-3 teams is extremely common for RG players. This then ties into Elite slots being maxed out every game, and rarely will you have the slots for Apothecaries.

> Mor Deythan are a one-trick pony with a really, really big trick. Get them a Rhino and Combi-Flamers, they'll erase their own points cost Turn 1 without breaking a sweat.
> Dark Furies are built to sweep. AP3 Jump Troops in a world of Marines go a long way.
> Duckwing is a bit shit and arguably worse than the already-weak Stormeagle.
> Nothing in his rules prevents Kaedes Nex from charging in Turn 1.
> Alvarex Maun is possibly the best HQ available to any Legion, ever.
> Corax is an invisible lawnmower and Marines are grass.

Everything in your army is built to fuck infantry up. Deythan, Furies and infiltrating troops are going to be fine for handling dudes and so you need to make a conscious effort to pack anti-tank in, even with a reduced HS allotment.
It's rare that you can afford Apothecaries and so 20-man blobs don't really work, unless you get them a Ruin and Cameleoline.

>> Your dudes don't hit any harder
What is "Furious Charge on anything bulky"?

How do raven guard typically deal with vehicles? Just dash up to them and plant meltabombs?

if it has 2 doublebarrelled turbolasers, yes you are fucked

> Infiltrated Quad-Mortars
> Deredeo or Laser-Vindicators
> Dreadclaw Dreadnoughts
> Javelins / Land Speeders

After the new FAQ, Meltabombs have been nerfed into the floor and aren't reliable as a real solution any more. At best, they are a weapon to use if your opponent blunders too close to a Sergeant, or an anti-Dreadnought tactic.

Anyone else played/playing the kill team campaign from book 3? A friend and I just started it, had one game so far.

I accidentally created a monstrosity for my hero and I kind of feel had about it. Salamanders forge lord, 2+/3++, master crafted power fist and servo arm, generates an action point every time an attack hits him, and 3 more if he gets taken out. He generated 14 that game, survived with a wound left, and smashed six guys in three rounds, including my friend's poor Emperor's Children phoenix spear jetbike hero, who is horribly outclassed despite his mobility. My forge lord has three wounds now, from the upgrade I dropped my shit ton of action points on. Next he gets a strength upgrade, for S10 pugilism.

It makes me sad how many problems can be solved with quad-mortars. They are a bit ridiculous.

What FAQ is this?

40k draft FAQ, went up on their facebook page for feedback (so hopefully stuff like this will change). It said that now only one person in a squad can use a grenade in close combat. Doesn't matter if you've spent 5 pts/model upgrade the whole squad to have meltabombs, only 1 dude can use it, everyone else just punches the tank. Also fucks krak grenades.

So, as things stand, buy them for sergeants and that's it.

A full squad being able to use meltabombs seems a little too instakill to be fair. Real-life use of infantry-carried anti-tank explosives seems to have been closer to one per squad. Everyone else covers the bomber and stays out of his way, otherwise you’re likely to get half the squad blown up when 10 people try it all at the same time.

So...it's been a while, Veeky Forums. Still playing with Imperial Fists and Word Bearers. Is there a more legit date for Thousand Sons yet? Like an actually true one?

>Forgeworld
>Actual, legit date.
Nope

"late summer/ autumn 2016", but as that could be any time between August and November knowing FW

I really like the way you wrote this

Acetone free nail polish remover works on plastic minis, not sure about resin

If you've got metal minis nail polish remover with acetone will strip those fuckers in like 30 seconds flat

>Huge men in "shoot me" colours hurl themselves into combat using jet engines strapped to their backs in order to stab people in the face with a chainsword
>"Real-life use of infantry"
Am I the only one who suspended his disbelief when he agreed to this game?

Yep you're the only one, whenever my opponent brings a knight or titan I smash it with a hammer and say "inverse square law bitch".

Oh shit I meant square cube law

Do you also have everyone hit on a 6+, wound on a 2+ and disallow melee weapons?

I allow melee weapons, but replace the assault phase with me and my opponent smashing our models together making noises until one of our models breaks

Isn't Space Marine armor too bulky for that many of them to get in contact with, say, a Rhino? They're only like three marines wide. You'd have marines bouncing off each other's shoulder pauldrons.

I bet nigga doesn't even feel inspired when the Commissar executes one of his dudes and gore splashes everybody's faces.

I think a to scale rhino would be the size of a land raider in game

They generally release this kind of shit on Open Days, check when the next one is and you might have a release date for Russ or the next book.

>a stationary vehicle can often be very easily destroyed, as individuals clamber over it, attaching all manner of grenades and hacking at or shooting into vulnerable spots
Everybody knows warfare goes by turns, and everybody stops what they're doing until it's their turn again. This is a british game after all.
youtube.com/watch?v=hPK5KDCGF7g

How would you make a RoW for a generic Tactical spamming company?

Tactical support squads...or tactical tacticals?

>+1 compulsory troop choice
>all compulsory troop choices must be tactical squads
>somekind of bonus to Fury of the legion maybe?

>must have more infantry than vehicles
>if all tactical squads die, +1VP to enemy

>tfw Mk IV has the best shoulders, chest, and backpacks but absolute shite heads
Thank the Emperor for Legion upgrade packs. MK III best helmets in general tho.

Resin dice on sprues when, FW?

>MK III best EVERYTHING in general tho.
FIFY

Both.
Perhaps -1 FA and HS and Supports takeable as compulsory.

>Perhaps -1 FA
You can take Assault squads as FA and they're still scoring.
Before being able to take any FA, Elites or HS choice you must take an infantry unit without terminator armour (example, Tactical Vets unlock the use of termies).

If Supports become compulsory should Breachers and Assault become non-complusory?

Assaults certainly, not sure about breachers.
This is a good idea also.

So to take any FA you'd need a seeker squad, to take any HS you'd need a Heavy weapons squad, and to take any Elites you'd need a veteran squad?

Since this is the Tactical spam, tacticals, tactical support and veteran tacticals can combat squad.
Could be useful in ZM...if you play that.
Yeh.

>Combat squad.
Vets and supports into two five-mans, but should Tacs be two ten-man squads or five fours? I'd go for the former.

Holy shit imagine five squads of four

>holding every objective on the table
>with one squad

Worse, imagine that in 40k.
>One unit taking 4 razorbacks as dedicated transports.
>All of them are free.

Two tens, I think the Tyrant's legion did it that way. Also, I lack the reaction face to post about getting 4 scoring units out of a single troops choice here on my phone

Jesus Christ don't give GW ideas

Random fact of the day: during WWII, the best anti-tank grenade was the Japanese “lunge mine,” a HEAT warhead on a 5-foot pole. You’d ram it into the tank and it would penetrate up to six inches (15cm) of armor while blowing you up as well.

Definitely not a squad activity. Thank the Omnissiah for melta bombs that give you some time to run away!

Perhaps they can take two rhinos as dedicated transports.
Oh, and maybe something along the lines of 'You can't take more than one consul that isn't a MoS'

you never heard of Magnetic Anti tank mines...

I meant "best" in terms of penetration. Magnetic mines were definitely more user-friendly.

depends on the tank.

at 140mm (per manual) the magnetic mine is only slightly worse. However it does far better against slopes (which fucks WWII Heat over Like Lorgar raped the Smurfs on Calth). Which, due to the way the mine works, is always an optimal angle, compared to the stick

What is the 9" blast? Is it just a typo?

Guys, I've been out of the loop for a while
What's this meme about Perty hating his own robots? Why is he running from them?

>> Duckwing is a bit shit and arguably worse than the already-weak Stormeagle.
What's duckwing?

There was one who ran from him, though.
The Raven's Darkwing pattern Stormeagle

forgot the pic of the Boop-Errant

>What's this meme about Perty hating his own robots?
He has to footslog with them.
>Why is he running from them?
They follow him.

Unto the Anvil, brother.
Eye to eye, tooth to tooth!

How do you explain Alpha Legion Beep Boops?

Stolen data from the IVth legion, the same way they stole Corvus schematics from the XIXth.

Stolen schematics then reproduced in AL forges.

>A salamander character killing an Emperor's Children dude
Hmmmmm

kek