Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Tranch Mutant Warfare edition

Alright troopers, I've got another datapad with a new set of orders, we are to disenbark on a hive-world called Tranch to kill some mutant cells... As usual by inquisitor's orders, there's not much more info.
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sklDC8ADDps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>youtube.com/watch?v=sklDC8ADDps
>leaning against a nearby wall Mot plays to himself and avoids eye contact with any of the other troopers.

>IS sitting on top of the Hammerhead, still drinking wine, eating cheese, not catching rays.

you hear a rattling noise in the vents above you.

>The room filled with hanging bodies has become silent after Delta killed one with hidden weapons
>The quiet is broken by snickering from one corner of the room

>Turns towards it.

>Oddball looks up and slowly unholsters his Pulse Pistol.

We should disembark once we co-ordinate an attack maneuver, I thought that Aerial Insertion could be a go, but in the end it's up to the higher ups how we get in and disable the mutant cells.

Remember, this is a hive-world, there WILL be civillians.

>turns towards the snickering, weapon raised and expression rustled.
>Also turns on the Lamp Pack, might help. Maybe.

>the rattling sound is followed by a scratching noise

>Drops into the turret and closes the hatch, then orders the driver to move the Hammerhead away from the vent.

>In the corner, three people are still hanging
>One of them is smiling
>A few drops of promethium fall from her uplifted arms

>as you do so the vents begin to buckle under the force of something pushing against them.
>a claw pierces the metal and slowly drags down, revieling what looks like a small broodlord.
>the beast lets out a small "screee"

Rolled 7 (1d20)

>Alice instinctively shoots at the one dripping promethium.
>Whether this will be a good idea or not is unimportant, she can always 'get better'.

Dice just in case

>Eisen receives a Vox from a very confused Captain Nelson.
"Corporal Eisen, could you perhaps explain to me why there are several Navy Vessels in orbit over the planet, that seem to guarding a Troop Transport that's returning from the ground?"

>Odd silence

GENESTEALERS!!!

>Flamer aimed and ready

God Emperor......
>The Hammerhead continues to back up as far as it can, while elevating the Railgun to track the target.
Guys! We've got a problem here!

What?! What transport?!

>Is leaving the medbay and slowly returns to her quarters.

>the beast looks at you in confusion, it's eyes widen before it lets out another confused "scree?"
>pulling it's self from the vent it inches slowly towards you, it's eyes adjusting to the light of the hanger.

>Looks from where the drops are falling, is it from her wounds?

Forgot my name.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

DON'T LOOK AT THEM IN THE EYES THAT'S HOW THEY HYPNOTIZE YOU.
>Fires flamer.

>takes out his shotgun and aims it at the beast.
every day, every bloody day it's something new that wants to kill us.

Rolled 16 (1d20)

>the flames badly burn the beasts face it screams in a miture of anger and pain before lunging forwards and swiping blindly.

>The woman is knocked around, the augmentic hand blocking the bullet as the hand flamers activate
>The promethium has spilled from concealed weaponry and pooled on the floor below her
>As she adjusts her aim, she sets the small pool on fire
>She keeps giggling like a maniac

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>fire his plasma pistol

Rolled 1 (1d20)

OFF MY FACE YOU FUCK I HAD JUST CLEANED UP THIS GASMASK AAH!

>Fires blindly holding the Flamer on one hand whilst trying to take off the baby Broodlord from his face with the other

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>Hears the commotion and walks in it´s direction, lasgun raised.
What do we have no-
>Sees the broodlord and fires.

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>Drops bolt pistol.
>Slings Stalker Bolter off.
>Unholsters Neural Shredder.
>Aims.
>Fires.

"I mean that there are several Cruisers and a Troop Transport above the plan-.......what are you lot breaking in my ship this time?!"

Rolled 15 (1d20)

>misses
>misses badly
>the las-fire smashes into the beasts carapace and it grunts before trying to bite the Corporal.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

>Fires at the 'creatures' again while trying to get both herself and LIX away from the fire. You don't step in the fire.

HOW. REALLY HOW ALREADY?

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>Is bitten on the fingers.
YOU LOOSEY FUCK!
>Swings arm around to throw it off.

>As you blast away at the insane woman, she sets half the room on fire
>Before her brain is cooked, a dozen of the hanging people are on fire
>It is slowly spreading

>the small Broodlord is sent flying, it waves it's claws madly in the air beforeteleporting behind you and drawing his katana and summoning a titan, "pfft nothing personal kidd"crashing to the ground.
>getting up it spits out a toof before charging back at you.

No...

NO!

SOME OF THESE ARE INNOCENT!

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>Fires flamer into its direction
EAT PROMETHIUM YOU FUCK!

>Takes a step back and watches, lasgun still poined at the broodlord.
Do... I want to know?

No.

Shall we cut them down?

>the beast slows down mid charge, collapsing to the ground it let's out one last "screee' before falling still.
>more rattling can be heard in the vents however.

As usual Delta and Alice are away from the regiment in a house of nightmares.

You've got...

TO BE KIDDING ME!

>This is Radio Officer Eisen to all frequencies initiate ship lockdown, we're going into quarantine, we have a genestealer infestation here!

Oh dang.

>After a few moments, the fire suppressing system kicks in, and the fire is put out
>The door on the opposite side of the room is opened from the inside by a servant
The master of the house is now ready to meet you. This way, please.

>silence.
>...
SCREEE!?
>two much smaller genestealersemerge from the same vent as before and begin to circle around the corporal.

>Her eyes can reflect a thousand years torment of uncontrolled rage, eternal hate and Indomable suffering as she looks at the servant tell them to follow.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>fires his shotgun at the one closer to him in an attempt to either kill or distract it.

>Angry Praetorian Noises disguised as Angry Cadian Noises ensue.
>Alice reluctantly lowers her weapon partially as she gestures for LIX to follow the servant.
>Alice does so herself.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

>Aim flamer to the floor, fires and spins in place.
DIE!DIE!DIE!DIE!DIE!DIE!DIE!DIE!DIE!

Rolled 10 (1d20)

>Fires her lasgun at the circling broodlords, before walking towards the vent.
I´m going to ask Oddball for a drink later.
>Looks at the broodlords.
Well, maybe two drinks.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>both genestealers are engulfed in the flames, the one shot by Mot drops down dead as the second moves closer.
>the flaming genestealer leaps forwards swinging it's claws madly.

>She follows the servant, but doesn't nod back or anything, her eyes are aiming at the neck of the man they're following, the way she closed her fist and moved her wrist tells away that her phase blade is close to be ignited.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

>fire a charged plasma shot

Rolled 15 (1d20)

>Moves away from the jump.
JUST STAND STILL AND KEEP DYING! GRAAAAH!
>Keeps flaming.

>Behind the door, there is a large underground office
>Seated at a finely crafted wooden table, a man bearing the Inquisitorial Rosette waits for you to enter
>There are a few sets of armour in glass showcases on the walls

"You!- How do you incompetents manage this on a regular basis!? I must speak to the other Captains immediately!"
>The Penance is called to a full stop as Nelson speaks with the other Vessels as he said.

>under the firepower the second Broodlord drops dead.
>all is silence from the vents above.

>Flames the vents anyways

AND DON'T COME BACK!

Alright then vents are quite for now.

Everyone watch the flooring.

>Alice approaches the table. Were it not for the Rebreather hiding her face, one would be able to see the look of anger.
>Of course given the man is a Heretic, he probably has means of knowing her emotions anyway.

>eyeing the vents nervously
what now sir?

>She stands still as she watches the man behind the desk.
Inquisitor Severon
>If words could kill, her tone would be poisonous to anyone around. The anger is palpable.

So... how do we clean up that mess?
>Walks around the corner to look for more broodlords.

Welcome, welcome.
And who might you be, miss...?

Now? Now we blaze all the vents, get to medical and start having everyone's blood verified. I don't want any hybrids working undercover by my side.

righto then, blood tests for everyone on board, god I hate needles.

>Turns the phase blade on.
You have charges of heresy and treason, the inquisition has declared you Excomunicatus Traitoris. And I am the one who's going to bring you to face justice.

>Begins heading to medbay

Stay together, I don't want any abductees.

>follows quietly behind him.
I really hate needles.

What a surprise! They found me this soon. I had thought I had a few more weeks. Very well, nameless lass. Before you handcuff me with that sword, may I ask what you thought of the rejects? Quite magnificent, even if they could not stand the augmentics and the conditioning.

And how exactly will he face justice if you put the pointy bit in him?
Highly illogical.
>Alice stows the Lasgun to grab a pair of Shock Mauls.
Helps to use non-lethal weapons you know.

Grow up, Mot, needles won't kill you.

Well they could, but not if used by professionals.

>Nods and follows him.
Just had a check up there. My heads fine.

Yes, yes. When the blade will not suffice, the hammer is brought out. Classic pair of pawns.

>Grabs the Shock Maul with the right hand but keeps the phase blade turned on over her left wrist.

You're a monster and your soul's going straight to the eye when you get your sentence for what you did to those people.

Pawns? Hardly, I'd like to think that we represent a pair of Knights.

>Looks at the Phase Sword with a disdainful expression and does her best to affect a menacing voice.
NO Amputations.

Do they still give out leisure stims in the med bay?

>Oddball has returned to eating cheese on of the Tank as it hovers through the corridors to the Medbay.
How do you people even manage this? Does this actually happen often?

how do you know that?
>he's shaking
needles are evil man.
it happens enough times to make me think we're cursed.

>Lifts her phase blade over the man's shoulder.
It's just to keep him in line, I'm sure he's smart enough to not make me want to use it more than what I want to use it now.

Just don't wander off, trooper.

I think so.

Because needles dispense medicine.

TOO OFTEN!

>He's getting more and more annoyed on having to answer to more and more people as he walks keeping his eyes on the vents.

Get used to it, its rather common.

Such exictement! You remind me of a little girl that I sent to the Iron Warriors. She was always so exicted when I gave her a new toy to tear apart. Always so happy when I gave her a pat on the head and a victim to be brutally murdered.
What is wrong with amputations? Or experimentations? Or finding new ways to bring us closer to Chaos, yet never succumbing to it? We are a doomed race, girl. All we can do is ride the wave of madness and emerge again after the storm.

At least every week I think. Say do you have some of your wine here?
>Sam continues walking towards the medbay.

>Nods again and raises her lasgun just in case.

>as you enter the medical bay you see that Larrs is the only 'person' present.
>he waves with a big grin on his face as puts away his magazine.
something the matter?

>Begins breathing heavily.
>Slowly moving her phaseblade towards the man's neck.

>Alice's eyes look equal to those of one who stared into the Eye of Terror until it stared back.....as she silently turns towards LIX and raises the Shock Maul.
Don't do it. Just don't do it.

Oh Emperor protect us... you're really the only doctor present?!

You people might actually be madder than me....well done. And yes I do.
>Oddball chucks Sam a Canteen which turns out to be full of wine.

>his grin widens.
something the matter?

Greetings, Lord-Captain. Do you require assistance?

"I suppose you could train your guns on our ship Vice-Admiral, it seems that the ship I was called upon to command is plagued with yet another issue. Genestealers this time.....I hate this ship."

>Her eyes are teary but her voice doesn't give it away.
He... used me.

He controlled me!

He doomed me!

He is a mischieving megalomaniac with too many friends in too many high places he will get out of whathever punishment that he'd be given AND HE WILL DO ALL THE MADNESS HE'S MADE AGAIN!

HE IS TOO DANGEROUS TO BE KEPT ALIVE!

Oh, that caused a reaction? You must be a good girl then. I am certain that girl appreciated even getting the chance to change men closer to the true monsters of the Warp. Daemonculaba was a fitting end to one with more knowledge than worth.

Are you even accredited by a proper Medicae training center?

We have a genestealer infestation and we need to run bloodtests on everyone to know if anyone is infected.

>Walks in, with Verispex equipment in a bag. He stops in his tracks and his expression goes from tense to exasperated.

"Oh, good. Not only did no one think to rope the medbay off after Jackson vanished, now there's an alien cavorting around the scene."

yes actually, on Terra would you believe it.
>his grin isn't leaving
Genestealers? oh really?
>his eyes widen.