Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Hot edition

Link to last thread: (I don't have it)

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgwhfb

Old One:

Other urls found in this thread:

russian-alternative.ru/store/
mega.nz/#F!ccJzyTbQ!pFSwDOdkDvteV43qRJYS4Q
neoseeker.com/warhammer-age-of-reckoning/concept_art/
daarken.com/blog/2013/12/18/remembering-warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/
gamereactor.eu/news/4654/Warhammer Online concept art/
totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html
whenc.totalwar.com/#/faction/wh_main_ksl_kislev
whenc.totalwar.com/#/building/wh_main_special_bokha_palace
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Hot edition
I approve this.

Not to turn this into /v/ but will we get Egyptian rattlers in TWW? Will they just get a workmanlike Bretonnian release?

I'm still recovering from the fact that GW killed off the Tomb Kings. A damn shame.

Just waiting for people to underprice BIN listings on Ebay for TK stuff.

Looking for a link to the WHFRP 3e book; the link in OP is broken.

Anyone here have the full collection of the WAR gallery of high res artwork that Mythic used to host on the official site, but which got taken down when Bioware took over?

Not sure if I have them on HR

I mean, I've something, but not sure how much of it is high res

We talk Total Warhammer a lot.

I don't doubt them doing TK, most of the army is just variations on a skeleton model.

Squatted TK, kept Brets/Wood Elves/Ogres/Beastmen.

Makes no sense.

Oh well. Another company is doing Tomb King proxies that looked damn good for the 9th guys.

>all this fucking edge

And that's all have.

Reminds me of the new Russian Alternative Dark Elf.

Everybody here knows RA makes the best Chaos Dwarfs, right?

russian-alternative.ru/store/

Pretty good collection of Chaos Elves.

Including the female Chaos Dwarf?

can anyone point me to a good or at least decent warhammer fantasy audio book? i'm gonna have a long drive tomorrow and i'm looking for something to keep me entertained

Never been one for audiobooks because I'm not the kind of person who listens to them, but I know the early AoS ones had really gloriously hammy acting according to /AoSG/.

True but they have some pretty badass units such as The Golden Host of Mahrak, where the skeleton army walked through a pool of molten gold to guild their bones and not mention fighting in Nehekhara wouldn't be a sight to behold.

Plus, i would love to see the Screaming Skull Catapults launching flaming skulls that demoralize units

Can anyone tell me what happened to snorri? From what I gather he died during end times or shortly before it, but i can't find any sauce as to how he ate it.

So why is the existence of the skaven so hard for men of Empire to accept? They fight beastmen and mutated Vikings, and the Skaven invaded just as hard as Chaos did during the Black Plague.

And is it only the Empire that's in denial about the Skaven?

>Chaos Elves
wat?

Tomb Scorpions, man.

Crash two Sphinx into the gate while four Scorpions and some Sepulchural Stalkers come up in the middle of their base.

Once the gates are down, just start the slow march of the footplodder legions.

well i was kind of hoping for something that's actually enjoyable. not a big fan of audio books either, but i can't read while driving and there's no music i feel like listening right now

Humans are generally curious but ignorant, and VERY prone to riots and panic.

So the Church suppresses any thought that enemies are as strong as they are, while using the fact there are enemies all around to maintain loyalty.

Most humans are are aware of Skaven just shrug them off as rat Beastmen unless they see any complex machinery, where they spend the rest of their lives as that one crazy old vet.

Witch Hunters consider speaking of them as heresy because the ones in charge either don't believe Skaven can organize or don't want to see Skaven Cults like Chaos Cults.

Those are from the MMO, when Dark Elves still had a small number of Chaos worshipers.

>Kept Brets

Oh, user... I'm so sorry, but...

The game is getting a trilogy of expansions and they said they plan to have every army with an 8th edition army book playable

TK went first.

Brets stayed for a quarter longer.

Also, the Skaven are everywhere. Living under Imperial cities.

If the bumpkins found out they could die at any minute, they would panic like no tomorrow. Far more than knowing chaos exists in the far north.

Dude is an idiot. Ignore him.

Gav, go home.

Interestingly enough, Tomb Kings make (slightly) more sense than many other Undead Empires / Armies in fantasy settings. Deserts can be surprisingly good at preserving bodies, especially when they're treated beforehand, and likewise bronze is known to age far more gracefully than iron.

The skaven also try to erase any information the humans gather on them, and have some massive enchantment to conceal their existence. That's why the empire can have an age and a hero defined by a skaven uprising and yet still shrug them off. Everyone tries to suppress knowledge on the ramen, but none more so than the skaven. Dwarfs don't say much about them because hey are too proud to admit their many losses, but are the only ones aside from the lizardmen who know the true extant of the skaven menace. Even the humans who do know about the skaven don't realize there is a massive, world spanning empire right under their feet

GW probably literally forgot about him.

Snorri the nail-headed Slayer?

There's a lot of Snorris, it's like the Dwarf equivalent to "Steve"

Anyone have a bigger image of this Ghorros Warhoof art?

I can't seem to get one with google via text or reverse image.

I can't.

>$100 Tomb Guard

I'm not surprised, but damn.
I'm kicking myself for not picking them up sooner. I really should've heeded those squatting rumors back then.

Last year a Tomb Kings player rebased his army on rounds.

I hope he's ok.

It hurts to even look at.

That's- I- I really want to buy this guy a fuckton of square bases, magnets, antidepressants, and hot cocoa now.

Why they made Skaven so overpowered?

dem feet

Their Chaos Dwarfs are God-tier but that Dark Elf looks like shit, I'm sorry. I genuinely can't tell if he has huge pecs or she's just flat chested. They tend to use different sculptors for each range and it's a mixed bag.

I kind of feel a bit embarrassed that those Spanish guys were warning us for months that Fantasy was getting squatted and we mostly just told them to fuck off because we were in chronic denial. In our defence though it seemed like commercial suicide.

I like it as a female, most Elves should be pretty flat.

Morathi should be a glaringly stark contrast.

>I WARNED YOU ABOUT SQUATS
>IT KEEPS HAPPENING!

They look really nice on round bases

Hardly. The majority of Skaven are weaker and stupider than humans, and the higher ups spend more time team killing than orcs and chaos combined. If it weren't for the ban on information and the massive scale of the Skaven, they probably wouldn't even exist anymore.

Yeah, I agree, maybe it's not too comfy for playing, but from his site they looked more like display pieces

Snorri whitebeard or another snorri?

My 6th VC skellis look way better on round bases then on square bases. They are actually quite dynamic models compared to their successors.

Maybe it's not complete but I managed to grab a .zip with lots of images, just give me a hour or so to get to it.

Shit forgot the 2nd half of my post:
I that that more static models like warriors of chaos, new vc skellis or the new khemri ones look better on squate bases.
Also I use renedra round bases and not the ugly GW ones.

mega.nz/#F!ccJzyTbQ!pFSwDOdkDvteV43qRJYS4Q this link too?

in the meanwhile
neoseeker.com/warhammer-age-of-reckoning/concept_art/
daarken.com/blog/2013/12/18/remembering-warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/
gamereactor.eu/news/4654/Warhammer Online concept art/

this is what I could take from our PDF

I know that might be stupid but is there a power ranking for different factions by military, population, economy etc?

I have the book on my shelf, good enough for me

Your post literally serves no purpose.

Why did you even bother to reply?

>There was a Tomb King Age of Sigmar army featured in White Dwarf before the whole line got axed.

Life is cruel

ASFAIK there're only two audiobooks from Fantasy, Slayer of the Storm God and Curse of the Everliving, both from Gotrek & Felix series.

moar hot vamps pls

Does anyone have the link the Whfb mediafire or whatnot with all the stuff?

Another proof of how AoS was poorly thought and implemented. Complete lack of communication with their own closest businnes allies.

The more i hear such things, the more i think AoS is just a dream the CEO had while sitting on the toilet and he had it implemented within the week without bothering to tell anyone in advance

totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html
Chaos Dwarfs and Tomb Kings confirmed. Special units for each of the four Chaos Gods also confirmed.

Let's hope CA still plans it (at least in some way) like that, I also want all those delicious mini campaigns

Well, the information is out of date according to CA's community moderators, but its great news in that we have some confirmation of their initial intentions. The release order may not be as described, but there's hope.

I also suspect that they'll be releasing Estalia and Tilea DLC (pic related).

I hope for some minor faction DLC pack with the Southern Realms and Kislev in one

I actually think Kislev was already confirmed /twg/. They looked through the wiki and saw placeholders for both it and Bretonnia.

Anyone remember which WFRP 2e book listed racial nicknames and slurs the races had for one another?

Proof right here:

whenc.totalwar.com/#/faction/wh_main_ksl_kislev

whenc.totalwar.com/#/building/wh_main_special_bokha_palace

FOR THE TZARINA KATARINA!!!!

Beste warhammer waifu.

The Kislev diplomacy voice is one of the best in the game.

>liking your undead "hot"

In OP. In the pastebin.

Nah, because most of it is up to your imagination.
Early fluff said the warhammer world was something like 7 times as large as ours.

Writers have done everything from armies of the empire being many millions strong to only a few thousand defending a huge provincial capital city.

It's up to you whether you want to imagine 40k sized battles or tiny little real-life style skirmishes.

As such there's not really a set population for any one group.
There's only a sort of understanding that one side is probably more powerful.

So I'm running a Storm era game, and I need to know what all was going on with each faction as the war ended. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wood Elves: dealing with leftover war herds shitting around

Bretonnia: Just finished an errant war in the north. Mallobaude is preparing for insurrection.

Dwarfs: heavy losses in the Storm, pivoting back to fighting greenskins.

Greenskins: mostly following Grimgor, who has a tusk to pick with the Chaos Dwarfs

Beastmen : fractured, fighting one another, still causing plenty of problems

Empire: militarily exhausted. North is devastated. Ostland and Hochland face depredations by their neighbors. The Sigmarite church is split, with the deposed theoginist squatting in Marienburg. Valten's death still a secret.

Skaven: fighting each other like idiots after fucking up Tilea.

Tomb Kangs: Settra president now? What else?

Vampire Cunts: ?

Asur: Fighting off another Malekith invasion

Druchii: On the verge of civil war with Morathi going full Slaanesh.

Lizards: repelled a druchii invasion

Kislev: devastated, but the tsarina lives

Chaos: BTFO. Fighting among themselves. Archaon hiding and crying.

>VC
Mannfred's saved the collective asses of the Empire by fucking up Archaon at Middenheim, now camping in Sylvania plotting

Who's more of a bitch ass nigga; Archaon or Mannfred?

There's just something about these recurring "big bads" that makes them into Skeletor level losers.

I'm glad TW brought back some cool retro characters like Azhag and Kemmler, and gave Chaos a Dragon Ogre lord.

Though Grimgor isn't actually bad, either. I just hate him because he stole the name I came up with from the Ork name generator in Gorkamorka.

Archaon is a whiny Columbine shooter with a daddy complex, Mannfred is just a moron with a daddy complex.

The only TK involved in Storm was a Chaos worshiper.

The rest are still status quo. Nagash, Settra, Khalida, Apophas, Ramhotep, Nekaph, Amanhotep, and so on.

Why are GWs leaders/commanders so 1 dimensional and immature?

I've never met someone in an actual position of power didn't at least carry an aura of "I know what I'm doing and have my reasons".

Because modern GW writing a shit. Much like modern capeshit, writers can't seperate what they can relate to from what a character should be written like.

Example: Writer has a bad divorce, wishes he never tried to have kids, has a midlife crisis. Result? Worst comic ever written as Spider-man sells his marriage to Marvel Tzeentch, including the soul of his unborn daughter, to save his 80 year old aunt from a magical gunshot wound and make the world forget that he revealed his secret identity on national TV and generally reset back to how he was when the writer was 10 and reading Spider-man comics but with no monogamous romance.

The motivation for most Warhammer villains is teenage rebellion against THE MAN and/or a father figure, and punk rock anarchy. Draw your own conclusions.

Mannfred wanted power.

Nagash wanted power

Archaon wanted destroy the empire and the legacy of Sigmar for unknown reasons.

Grimgor wanted to fight stuff.

Skaven characters want power.

Malekith wanted power

The guys who wanted power outnumber any kind of villain in 40K.

any kind of villain in whfb*

pick one

What do i read next now that i finished The Legend of Sigmar? I'm new to Warhammer Fantasy and feel a bit lost. Are there similiar stories about other emperors? Or a story about the achievements of the empire?

I pick the middle one.

Try Sigmar's Heirs, from WFRP 2nd Ed. Pretty good read as an introduction to the Empire. In fact, the WFRP 2nd Ed books are pretty damn good, go read them all.

Don't say shit about Mannfred.

He made The End Times happen.

>Mannfred
>not shit

Thanks alot! I will give them a try

Not sure about emperors and their achievements, but Karl Franz and his son show up in the Vampire Genevieve series a lot: Drachenfells, Genevieve Undead, Beasts in Velvet, and Silver Nails are all really good. (The second and fourth are collections of short and medium stories, the first and third are full novels