System for Darkest Dungeon RPG

Okay, I really want to do Darkest Dungeon RPG now. Distant and isolated city-state; dark and corrupted forests around; warrens, ruins and coves teeming with darker things. I've got image in my head, have ideas and storyhooks. All I need is the right system for this work. My requirement on system are those:
- should not be setting-specific.
- because fighting is going to be main pastime, combat system should be detailed and present players with a good number of tactical and strategic choices. It also should be fast and deadly, with mistakes ending up in gruesome injury or death.
- rules for fear, horror, hunger and madness slowly creeping on players. Or quickly, if they stumble upon nameless horror.
- resource management should be a thing and should be handled with ease. Economics should also be included - I have no desire to write all prices by myself.
- magic and healing should be accessible yet rare; system should run on assumption that characters can heal themselves after each fight and that every character should have X magic items by level Y.
Can Veeky Forums help find me the perfect system for this one?

inb4 Torchbearer. I read it and I did not liked it.

Some light rules should also be presented.

LOTFP, free art-less rule book on their site. a B/X retroclone with a horror bent and some modern touches (ascending AC etc)

combat isn't all that detailed but it is deadly.

no rules for fear or insanity to my recollection though

>no rules for fear or insanity to my recollection though
That's kind of requirement. I need them and I want system with them; without the need to homerule them in.

Try the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game 2e. It's got a madness system and everything. Pretty much works perfect from a thematic perspective.

>should not be setting-specific

Take it and run it in a generic world. It works just fine taken out of Warhammer Fantasy context.

I mean, or don't? Whatever, broski. You asked.

>Take it and run it in a generic world
This. Just use your imagination, OP
Good luck though, I played Darkest Dungeon only recently and had similar thoughts

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition, I don't think it's major-league setting specific besides some things you can refluff.

Check out Torchbearer, even has specific rules for light and sanity AFAIK.

>LotFP
>dwarf and elf are classes
>ISHYGDDT

Fate Core, make all consequences into severe traits.

>inb4 Torchbearer

WFRP2e is actually a lot easier to divorce from its mother setting than the other Warhammer RPGs are, you'll just need to limit which races are available and change the names of some default starting skills/languages.

>Turns down a system which pretty much fits exactly what he wants.
Alright senpai that's cool I guess

I'll rec WHFR2e aswell then, a little homebrew and hacking and it ought to work fine.

While playing I always thought DD was more of a boardgame? It felt like playing one against the computer, in a good way...

It kinda sucks though, you're making these fleshed out characters that ONLY go into a dungeon and go insane and die. This is no area for story games to be in frankly.

Runequest 6. Combat: deadly and fast, Passions handle all the insanity you need.

The main thing is your 'character' in the game is not the guys you send into the dungeon, it's your hamlet. You're trying to use the guys that come to the town to level up and improve your hamlet, then level a group up to go into the DD itself. It's less about the individual parties/characters as they're all fodder and nothing more.

Well, Torchbearer is literally b-

>I did not liked it

Uh.

Fuck. I got nothing. WHFRPG2E? Why didn't you like Torchbearer?

d2 dice, for starters. 5 characteristics. Races tied to the classes. Etc, etc, etc. This system literally irks me every time I look at it.

The only people who dislike race-as-class are powergamers who gotta minimax them racial bonuses.

Just fluff your fighter\mage\thief to be whatever species you want.

I can understand disliking class systems in general but if you're already got it may as well cut cruft and combine race and class.

>The only people who dislike race-as-class are powergamers who gotta minimax them racial bonuses.

Or people who don't like every character being a stereotype of the race that only humans get to break.

>only humans get to break.
>fluff your fighter\mage\thief to be whatever species you want

If you want to be an elf stereotype pick the elf class. If you want to be an elf wizard pick the wizard class.