Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How noble is your character?

When asking about build advice, remember to be sure to mention whether or not third party material (3pp) is allowed!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/
d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/threads/rzs2mhpi&page=8?The-DPR-Summer-Olympics-or-What-are-we#355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's a good prestige class for a summoner? Anything that advances my summon monster? Seems like Summoner is a bad class to PrC with.

Unfortunately most things are bad to PrC with

>How noble is your character?
Well, he's a knight who recently discovered he's actually of noble birth, so pretty noble in terms of blood.

In terms of character? He tries.

Being a wizard/sorcerer is fine as long as the PrC has full casting progression. Bloatmage in particular is pretty good.

Last surviving bastard of a noble family that went missing turned King.
And a paragon of virtue.

Noble as fuck.

A noble knight defending a young noblewoman? I see what you did there!

Burn the witch! Or Drown Her, Whichever!

>secondary nat attacks
I'm really unclear on most of pathfinder combat at the moment, I'm gonna be using a GS, would I be able to slash and bite in one attack, or something?

Ladyknight, second daughter of a family of arcane spellcasters, and on her way to potentially becoming a Linnorm King, once the Irriseni invasion is repelled.

So illusion spell boosters will work, as well as anything for summoned creatures (well, creature singular)? Cheers user

Nobleborn son turned radical communist terrorist.

How do I build an Eldritch Archer?

Is it possible to make it work with guns or should I stick to archery? What's the best way to get dex to damage with firearms as an Eld archer?

Any spell recommendations that differ from standard magus choices? I understand snowball takes over shocking grasp as basic dpr spell. Would taking the arcana to get touch spells to work at range be worth it?

Can I still go the intimidate/entagle route with enforcer and rime spell? Does hexcrafter mesh well with it?

Other advice is super welcome. I'm rather lost at this.

>How noble?

By birth? Not at all. Daughter of a random adventurer who got charmed by a hag coven. Was later left to replace the child of some slavers after her biological mother decided to have a snack. Grew up to consider elves as property.

In attitude? She strives to keep up with fashion and courtly intrigue, to appear as a proper young lady, innocent and sweet. All the easier to twist the hearts of men when they consider you too naive for such, stealing their souls and perhaps teaching their wives and daughters of the pleasures to be shared between women.

LE Cleric of Ardad Lili / Negotiator Bard gestalt in an evil game. Much fun.

2 levels of Eldritch Archer/X Spellslinger

Get named bullet eventually.

Defending the last Princess of a country recently conquered by a foreign Empire. Pretty noble if you ask me.

What would you guys make your players roll to remember something their character might have forgotten about, to recognize something/someone etc.?

A specific skill? An int check? I've always asked my players to roll a die and add their int, but it seems unfair to not add any other bonuses.

It's probably an int check. If it feels unfair, just make the DCs lower

A knowledge check, because that is what a knowledge check is.

If you're asking if I roll to give players hints, no. That would be stupid.

Yeah but the bite would be -5 to hit because secondary.

Literally an angel. Can you get more noble than that??

Probably an int check, might be a relevant knowledge check depending on specifics. If it's, say, recognizing a baron they've seen before but ALSO might recognize because of his heraldry, then a knowledge(nobility) check would be appropriate, probably with a lower DC than if it were someone they haven't actually met before.

Yes, very easily. Angels are 0/10 noble by default.

Well, let me check.
>Picked up by adventurers who didn't want to abandon the orphan kid
>raised mainly by a wizard halfling and an elf magus
>is an emotional teenager covered in magic tattoos, and with volatile arcane magic in his blood
>has never attended a single dinner party, but managed to sit still for a play. once.
>his only clothing is several pairs of pants and a sleeves of many garments pre-errata

I'd say he's probably the opposite.

Depends on how big the threat to the greater good is or if he likely to get paid. So neutral.

I'm playing a necromancer, and I really want to start using juju fetishes to support my living party members with my healing And buff abilities without being in the horrible rape radius of stuff. So Ganji Dolls would help me with that now that I have Craft wondrous, but the time limit is annoying.
"..all juju fetishes last for 1 week plus a number of days equal to the creator’s caster level. "

Reading more made me think, since it says:
"Most Jujus are ensorcelled pouches about half the size of a human hand, made of skin or leather and containing bones, vegetable matter, stones, spices, broken pottery, hair, blood, grave dirt, and other."

Could I use ungent of timelessness on these, since they are Plant/animal/dead stuff. Or would you strangle me if you were my DM if I tried?

Not at all anymore.
He was a knight for a good long while, but renounced his knighthood so he could go commit warcrimes against an enemy nation (assassinating all of the nations leaders to put a stop to the war immediately) without his homeland being blamed for it. Now he lives in exile of his own volition.

Sure, why not. The stuff isn't free. Might not have the full effect, though.

That sounds kinda noble though, putting his country above his life.

I meant in literal terms, he is no longer a member of the nobility.

Why'd this get deleted?

If it's still there it's not deleted. If it's deleted we can't see it and can't tell you why.

It wasn't as exhaustive as I had hoped, wish they would post more DSP stuff so we can get some hard number comparisons.

The Mystic is pretty on par with CRB classes though so that's nice.

It got deleted from the last thread.

This was the full post, with some archer elf image:

For PoWfags;

Apparently the DPR thread has been doing breakdowns on PoW damage at their level 10 benchmark. You might (not) be surprised to find out that they still fall behind dedicated Archer builds, some odd Monk builds, and of course Druids and Summoners.

But still do respectable DPR that's maybe just a little above what an optimized archer Fighter would at that level.

As noble as a tv repairman.

Is unchained rogue worth playing or is it still as useless lategame as regular rogue?

Keen weapon or Improved Critical?

Help a newbie decide /pfg/

>still fall behind
Have you SEEN the "IT'S OP DON'T USE IT" around here? Imagine on paizo forums?

And you still wonder why it got deleted if it did?

It's still a martial.

Keen weapon, it's better to crit more often than occasionally overkill with a massive crit.

Depends. There are a few spells and effects that work with Improved Critical but do not with the Keen (Such as the Eaglesoul spell) magical property.

They do the exact same thing you stupid cuckold, he's asking whether he should spend a feat or gold to get it

I dislike this picture because it fails to really show that the knight is protecting her and not just like covering her up because she's baring her shoulders. Those few small smears of color don't do enough to say "angry crowd throwing shit" and not putting detail into the crowd's faces make it to where it could be celebratory crowd cheering as much as an angry one throwing shit.

You're still a true patriot.

Uh, you DO realize that bare shoulders in that weather would quickly lead to some serious sunburn?

ok

>retard has never had sunburn
>retard cannot see all the stuff being thrown
>retard is whining about autistic shit
As per usual

So at level 1 as a half orc I can have:

>18 int base
>+2 int from racial
>+3 from aging
>+2 effective from scarred witch doctor

Is there any way to cheese out a bit more? to get to effective 26int at level 1?

Bard:
>Son, and former heir of a fairly influential noble family.
>Dresses in only the finest of clothes, and wields a proper weapon, made of good Taldan steel.
>Has a manservant who walks before him, and announces his arrival whenever he walks into a room. Including in dungeons. This had gotten his last 3 man servants killed
>Routinely spends 5-10% of his adventuring earnings on the best inns, food, jewelry, whores, and drugs he can find.
>Prone to violent outbursts, where he beats enemies to death with his bare hands
>Hasn't shown up to work while sober at any point in the last three years
>Has an uncountable number of bastard children, including several with Hags, Fey, and Outsiders (both good and evil)
>Backhanded a ghost for interrupting him
>Worships the deific personification of Entropy, Madness, and Oblivion.
>Believes that because oblivion is inevitable, life is meaningless, and so doing what you want is the only rational way to live.
>Has begun spreading this belief among other young and impressionable nobles, in the hopes that they'll follow in his footsteps.
>Working to destroy his former nation, just to get petty vengeance on the sister who got him cut out of the family's will.

commit suicide for reincarnation into another +2 int

My character is not noble, but is disciplined and has a good heart, even if he's a blowhard that won't stop boasting for three seconds.

Reincarnate is next to impossible to afford at level 1 unless I take two traits, and reincarnate only gives physical ability scores to my knowledge.

aasimar, base 18, racial heritage orc, +2 int heritage, SWD +2 int, get +2 int off the table of aasimar features

Oh, and another question, would the Enrapturing Performance ability make the shaddow puppet only 'real' to one target, allowing it to mess up spellcasters or so such whilst their allies just see them being attacked by a shaddow puppet?

Do they need to be throwing stuff though? Her face makes it clear she doesn't like being out and the cloak held at the back shows he's not covering her from the sun (look where the sun's coming from). He's not necessarily protecting her from thrown objects (though the blurs imply it) but more from the gaze of people who hate her.

>SWD
SWD?

scarred
witch
doctor

I am a silly billy, thank you.

Let us say the following occurs:

>you are traveling
>while traveling you encounter an individual of a traditionally evil race (orc, giant, goblin)
>they are making camp at the side of the road, and simply want to be left alone
>your paladin informs you that they detect as evil

Are you justified in attempting to murder them if the only information you have?

no

Nobody interested in starfinder?

Noble enough to get him in the bed of noblewomen, bard life

Learning to DM, do y'all have a favorite source for pre-planned dungeons just so I can get the feel down before making my own?

Play video games, draw inspiration from them.

Not much to talk about yet. It's set in the future of Golarion, it's compatible with Pathfinder, and that's about all we know.

A dead evil is a lesser evil, so yes.

Iron Gods AP should give you everything you need user.
:^)

Detect Evil also detects evil intent. So they might just be feeling dickish but not actually going to do anything bad.

They better fucking not be. RIFTS was bad enough the first time around.

>an image being poorly executed is autistic
Homie, you're killing your vocabulary by throwing that word at everything you disagree with.

I have a few dumb questions

1. Is rise of the runelords any good

2. What levels/# of players is it for? Haven't seen anything in book but i just started looking.

Rise of the Runelords is an adventure path so it goes from level 1-18 believe. It is designed for 4-5 players.

It's ok, but not my favorite adventure path personally.

I just wanted something with encounters and maps basically, i'll happily tinker with the story

Thanks friend.

No. They're not about to hurt anyone right now and even though they're technically evil, they might prefer to avoid all other sentient beings as a general rule and thus be unlikely to actually cause any evil of note in the future as well. Finally, things might not be as they appear. They might just be an unfortunate person carrying a cursed item that makes them appear to be of the race in question and detect as evil, for example. Remember that Detect Evil is a 1st level spell. It's far from impossible to fool.

>technically evil
How so? Unless you're an [evil] outsider, you're evil because of your actions, not your species.

Being evil doesn't mean you're going to act on it.

A hermit living alone in the wilderness can be evil despite never coming into contact with or harming anyone, is it justified to kill him?

As in, evil because of their past actions and because of their general tendencies, not because of any harm they're likely to cause.

>A hermit living alone in the wilderness can be evil despite never coming into contact with or harming anyone
Then what the hell did he do that was evil?
>As in, evil because of their past actions and because of their general tendencies
Not really a technicality then. What else would define evil other than that?

Note I'm not for killing things just because they're evil, but saying 'oh, you can be a totally reasonable, peaceful and caring guy but be totally evil' is just plain wrong.

Evil isn't just previous actions, but how you act and think as well.

The hermit could be a cantankerous, vicious old bastard, but since he lives up in the mountains where nobody goes, it doesn't come up.

This. You can be evil because, given the chance, you'd kick a puppy. But if you live in bumfuck nopupistan, it's not really relevant.

You're not evil/good based purely on thoughts. Actions have to be involved as well. Same as someone who has good intentions but never actually does anything good isn't good. A misanthropic bastard who never does anything bad is neutral.

>Note I'm not for killing things just because they're evil, but saying 'oh, you can be a totally reasonable, peaceful and caring guy but be totally evil' is just plain wrong.
I'm not saying anything about being reasonable, peaceful or caring. But if he genuinely just wants everyone else to stay the hell away from him, he can be malicious and evil without actually causing much harm to anyone unless they deliberately provoke him.

And that doesn't work. You can't have a good character who never does anything good, same as you can't have an evil character who never does anything evil.

Or is it reasonable to have a paladin who never helps anyone, but totally loves everyone?

Eh. Debatable.

Even by your measure though, what if he DID do evil things to people, then said fuck it and went to live in the mountains?

Even if he's evil, he isn't going to cause any harm because he's doing his best to stay as far the fuck away from everyone because he hates them.

Also, thoughts are, in a sense, actions.

A peasant who just does normal peasant things, but whose every thought is of brutally murdering everyone he knows is hella evil.

Ah, so does any evil action whatsoever warrant a death sentence, then?

If he did evil things then went off to the mountains, yes he'd be evil. What's the question?
>A peasant who just does normal peasant things, but whose every thought is of brutally murdering everyone he knows is hella evil.
Is an edgy teen who goes on about how much he wants to kill everyone Evil, or just pathetic? Think American Psycho. Main character's no real psychopath, just a bloke.
Yeah, sure. Tell me where I said anything like that please.

>You can't have a good character who never does anything good, same as you can't have an evil character who never does anything evil.

You totally can, if they just never have the chance to do evil. You're mixing up philosophical morality with the d&d cosmological Good-Evil axis.

There we go, then. He can be evil without the paladin being justified in stomping into his camp and murdering him.

Paizo Detect Evil explicitly detects evil intent, even on otherwise Good people.

Yeah, it's fucking stupid.

But there you go.

no, as one could be evil through a long history of very minor acts that are worth fines and other penalties.

Just as one need not burn every orphanage they see because they're evil, one need not suffer the death penalty for every bit of evil either.

hey /pfg/
i am making a custom race and i would like for them to have echolocation instead of darkvision. they still have normal vision. do you think that echolocation is equal to darkvision in power?

rules:
* 60 feet range
* can see objects that sound bounces off (invisible creatures)
* cannot see/sees through objects that sound does not bounce off (fog/gasses/ghosts/light/illusions/etc)
* cannot see through some transparent objects (glass/water surface/ wall of force)
* does not work in silence
* does not work if deaf
* does not work in vacuum

>You're mixing up philosophical morality with the d&d cosmological Good-Evil axis.
I'm really not. If you want an explicit citation, Fiendish Codex 2 says so. Sure it's 3.5, but I haven't seen anything to the contrary in the copy-past Pathfinder did.
Yeah, characters with active intent to do evil show up as evil. The fact that the spell description makes a distinction between the two doesn't go against anything I said though.

>Can't read unless raised letters
Yeah, should be fine

I need backstory nuggets for a nobleman.

I need them, please.

You know that echolocation is a monster special ability and has rules already created for it, right?

King wanted to unjustly tax people under him.
Noble stood up against it.
King had noble stabbed through the chest.
Noble wakes up in a ditch, seemingly no worse for wear and no scar where he was stabbed.
Noble is on a quest to right wrongs and figure out what happened to him.

Things I'd like to do:
>Create a base class that relies upon two bloodlines as the basis for tis abilities, plus two something elses to make it more unique
>Crunch out monster stats for the +8 creatures I've devised fluff for
>Stat out a mushroom race
>State out a semi-amphibious small race
>Fight the pterosaurs and win all the sexy ladies
>Flesh out 2 deities, complete with servitors, devotions, the works
>Get all of it published together

Very daunting, what with this novel I'm writing and the pterosaurs always attacking.

• Name: Edward, Cavalier of the Hammer
• Role(s): Instigator, Dueler, Nationalist Rabble-rouser
• Goals: Become the most powerful warrior in the land, lead a nationalist revolution and overthrow the nobility
• Traits: Opinionated, Nationalist, Energetic, Confident, Strong
• Flaws: Overconfident, Stubborn, Unforgiving
• Allies: The Party
• Enemies: Anyone who challenges him or the party, the Nobility
• Other Relations: Aldrich, Cavalier of the Hammer trained him
• Physical Description: 26 year old human, young but not very attractive, Brown unkempt hair, but cleanly shaven. 5'11". Almost always wearing his armor.

Reminder that nobles need to be guillotined

Encouraged by parents to have sex with prostitutes and courtesans to the point that they becomes friends with them and no longer enjoys sex. Spends time at the whorehouses to hang out with the workers there and make sure they are treated well.

BEHEAD THE NOBLES
CLASS WAR NOW