Let's be honest, Veeky Forums, since we're all nameless here...

Let's be honest, Veeky Forums, since we're all nameless here. Have you ever been kicked out of a game or treated as That Guy? If so, what for?

Try to keep it succinct rather than overwhelming everyone with a long storytime unless there's excessive demand for it.

No I am not an autist that makes being a "gamer" an integral part of my identity. It's one of many fun hobby activities I enjoy. Not my life.

A quick test you can give yourself to see if you lack social skills is if you use the term "normie" seriously.

Outright treated as such, no. Had a few cases where I was That Guy, but that was during a Black Crusade game where everyone was a different flavour of That Guy.

Way to not respond to the thread bro.

You can't possibly be a normie, you're much too angry.

No. It would take a complete lack of self awareness to be kicked out of a group that I actually wanted to be a part of

What does this have to do with the thread?

I once played s shitty character (stock standard old pc died, new was an arrogant wyrmling) and think I somewhat derailed a friend's campaign, but to be honest it was going that way anyway with constant session by session rule changes and adjustments along with a very slow progression.

No, I only play with my friends, cause the is small and we meet once per month, we cant lose players. And of course, I'm the only one really knows the rules, without me they cant even play freeform.

I haven't been booted from a game, but I had a flagrant that guy moment in one game, and had a lot of bad blood in another.
In the first, I helped a friend create a dedicated pc killing character, just in case we needed to crash the campaign with no survivors (yes, we did). In the other, I got guff, and eventually left, because I had issue with the other players and their lack of commitment to the game.
I also have wrecked 3 separate groups singlehandedly via explosive call outs and ultimatums, but in my defense, these came as the absolute last straw, with all other methods tried and exhausted.

I inadvertently let pro-gamergate feelings slip and it triggered the GM's girlfriend so hard I had to leave the game.

You sound creepy.

>Have you ever been kicked out of a game?
Yep.
>Treated as That Guy?
Nope.

I got kicked out of a game where I accidentally stole the DM's boyfriend.

Not a grill, just anoblivious dude.

Rolled 9, 10, 4, 2, 10, 6, 4, 8, 3 = 56 (9d10)

Go on.

No I havn't.

Yeah.

I had a friend try his hand at first time gming. It was a painfully drawn out game on rails, with no substance to anything and no depth to it either. "There is this big floating city!" "Look at this guy in a steam mecha suit!" "You're all trapped in a prison cell whole big bad guys fight just outside! Watch!"

I literally said fuckit, and started an explicit sexual relationship with another pc at the table, because nothing els ei did at the table mattered. After that session I stopped attending his games and became forever gm again.

>via explosive call outs and ultimatums
explain

>Have you ever been kicked out of a game
No.
>or treated as That Guy?
Yup

>If so, what for?
Treating the AI NPCs as machines rather than Humans. Suggesting that the robotic AI take point in dangerous situations because if he got destroyed, he could just be reloaded from a back up. I saw no reason to risk a life when we had a viable alternative.
Some of the other players acted mighty triggered, and not just IC.

Er, it's sorta self explanatory?
Calling out bullshit publicly, making demands for that guys to fuck out of the game or else most of the group leaves, etc.

The whole thing was a weird experience. I started classes at this community college near me, was bored and all the club stuff they were offering looked boring as fuck. So, I made my own club, with zero plans on what to do with it.

People came to check it out, mostly nerds, so we did mostly nerd shit. Then, one day, some girl brings her friend, I say hello, welcome the friend to the club, and we end up talking most days from then on, since we apparently had some classes together. Tabletop eventually comes up, I mention I've never played before, they get excited, say that their friend is doing a game and I should totally join. I say what the hell, I kinda wanna get closer to them, why not?

Now, this was about 4 weeks into our friendship/flirting and I finally found out that they were a guy. I had no clue, totally caught me off guard. Also, I found out that the DM was their boyfriend. So, double fuck. But, I promised him I'd go, since they were pretty adamant about it, and I'll be honest, I was pretty confused by the whole thing going on and kinda just wanted to follow the while thing through.

So, day of the game comes, everyone shows up, I know everyone, besides the DM, but, right when I go to say hello, he's already giving me an evil glare. I didn't know, but apparently, I was the subject of a lot of fights between them, since Trappy couldn't shut his trap about me. So, he had a solid reason to hate me, but I didn't know. I just figured him for an asshole.

Whatever, fuck it, we start the game. Right off the bat, I was getting into it. I was playing a rouge that was all the flash hat Tuxedo Mask was, but somehow more useless. But I kept quips coming, making everyone laugh (besides the DM) and I was having a blast.

Then DM calls a break, asks if we can talk in private. I say sure and what follows next is 6 minutes of the most aggressive chewing out I've had since catholic school. He whisper screams that I'm single handily ruing his campaign
>continued

Sort of.

I got kicked out because the GM wanted me to make a choice between him and another friend after they got in a big fight, and I didn't agree with the GM.

He had been bullying the other friend's girlfriend, and she tried to kill herself.

I try to explain that everyone is having fun. that no one is really asking me to stop except him, he hits me with "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. Knock that shit off." I'm completely caught off guard. I'd never really faced that much hostility EVER. Then he lays into me, saying to stop flirting with Trappy, since he belongs to him and I'm fucking stuff up. Then, he goes inside, drains a can of mountain dew, and starts the game off again. I sit down to play, since I came with Trappy and I need a ride home, but I just check out. Not even rolling, just munching on chips, watching the clock tick down. Trappy pokes me, asks whats wrong, I tell him I'm good, just worn out.

That's when all hell breaks loose.

The DM says no OOC talking, even though it was never an issue before, Trappy says he'll talk whenever he fucking wants, DM says it's his fucking house, respect him, other players are chiming in, saying what the fuck, I get up, explain as much as I think I can, that the DM thinks I'm stealing his man, but, I won't lie, I'm a bit of a smug cunt about it, then the DM's fist crashes into my face, rocking my shit hard. Other players restrain him, Trappy is crying, pulling on my shirt to leave, they push me into the car and he drives, crying a lot more, telling me how DM is such an asshole, always trying to control him, etc.

He drives me to my apartment, walks me inside, fixes me up, and we fall asleep on each other.

I got the text the next day that I wasn't allowed at the game table anymore and a lot of my members left the club, since Drama.

But, a few stayed, I made Trappy VP, and now we're dating and stuff.

Sorry for the whole two long ass posts. I just felt like writing it all up. Sorry if it comes off like a blog.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

I asked, didn't I?
>not what I expected

It's okay, sperglord, you're among friends here. No need to launch into frantic denial.

>not what I expected
Oh man, what DID you expect?

No, I'm pretty well behaved at other people's tables, I smoke, but if it's a non-smoking room I just pop out during breaks.

That's mostly irrelevant though as I'm my usual DM (when I can pull together the people for a game), and I'm not going to kick myself out.

I'm a pretty flaky Dm though, even if I'm not "That Dm".

I was a little bit of "That Guy" in my first campaign. i still feel bad about it. I'm also bad at shutting the fuck up and letting other players get a word in.

lol

first post best post

so retarded

>The DM says no OOC talking, even though it was never an issue before, Trappy says he'll talk whenever he fucking wants, DM says it's his fucking house, respect him, other players are chiming in, saying what the fuck, I get up, explain as much as I think I can, that the DM thinks I'm stealing his man, but, I won't lie, I'm a bit of a smug cunt about it, then the DM's fist crashes into my face, rocking my shit hard. Other players restrain him, Trappy is crying, pulling on my shirt to leave, they push me into the car and he drives, crying a lot more, telling me how DM is such an asshole, always trying to control him, etc.
Not this entire paragraph.
This isn't even that guy, it's that gm.
But I'm happy that something worked out for you.
Does he have a cute butt?

I haven't been kicked out, but I am that guy.

So, my character is a bard that summons pigeons.

Our GM entered the game with the idea of everybody doing something odd or broken because we all just wanted a good time.

We just snuck into a war camp and our goal was to stop the demonic summoning ritual going on in the camp.

We fight off a couple of the demons, and I get an idea. I use my pigeon swarm to attempt to kill the entire group of warlocks in one fell swoop. After a couple rolls the pigeons attack. Each warlock survived, and when talking to the GM after they only survived with 2 hp.

The ritual was a blood ritual and I just introduced the blood of 74 pigeons and some bleeding warlords into the ritual.

Summoned some massive fucking demon the GM called the lord of the pit. He wiped the party within 4 rounds.

Half the party loved me for the antics I created, and the other half hated me because the GM made us roll new characters.

The cutest.
And he loves cosplay.

So, a punch in the face for a Deredere trap was a pretty okay trade.

Daaaamn, fampai.

You went from nothing to full defense mode in a hurry.

I was that guy. If I could go back in time and dopeslap myself I would do it. List of things I did.

- Didn't pay attention to the game
- Made mary sues
- Inserted magical realm with no subtlety
- Made special snowflakes
- Made mary sue special snowflakes
- Played the didgeridoo badly
- Generally lacked social skills
- Actually thought nobody played DnD anymore

Fortunately I grew out of it. People I played with complimented me on not being a hyperactive fucktard anymore.

Storytime? Also nice dubs

Why the fuck do you refer to your current partner as Trappy? You don't have to fit in with the cool bigotry on Veeky Forums y'know... it's anonymous.

>mfw play with chill anons from Veeky Forums
>mfw can play the cringiest shit and not be that guy because we are as far from normalfags as can be

Loli characters for days, yuri everywhere, theme music, unironic spess muhreens, /ss/ bbegs, oh what fun

>cool bigotry
Fucking what? Dude, that's really gay.
I refer to him as Trappy because I call him Trappy, IRL.

I'm obviously not gonna use his real name. And I couldn't be fucked with to think of something "not bigoted".

Man.

user you sound like a faggot, stop being dumb

>cosplays
>or CROSSPLAYS?

Both, though not nearly enough crossplaying.
I tell him he's a faggot already, what's dressing like a girl gonna add on, but he's really shy about it and I only get to see it after I beg and cook for him.

It's pretty worth it, though.

Buy him some cute burando, see if that entices him.

>Played the didgeridoo badly

It's this kind of shit I can't stand at my table. Bad didgeridoo players have ruined two of my campaigns so far, but things have really improved since I added in the "No didgeridoos" houserule.

Yeah, once.
I played a morally questionable (read: fucking evil) assassin and thought my GM was cool with it.
He wasn't.

That's kinda it. There have been plenty of other times where I've been doing stuff that, in retrospect, might've been a tad "That Guy"-esque, but nobody really called me out on it and they were still friendly with me throughout the entire thing, so I'm assuming it was fine.
Might've also had something to do with the fact that there were two other guys that were way worse than me in that game, so I seemed better by comparison.

It was strange, during the session itself I was always treated like the That Guy's asshole brother, yet outside the sessions or during breaks people were always bitching about shit other party members where doing.

Not too sure about the situation since I am rather new to the group and Pathfinder.

Once, though not out of any social misgivings on my part. Just a way too invested GM(Who admittedly did an amazing job) kicked and replaced the majority of the group because 2am was a little too late to do an impromptu session and I didn't want to wake up my temperamental roommates. More detail to it if Veeky Forums is up for Storytime

One time my GM got mad at me for acting on OOC information, because he wasn't privy to a conversation that me and another player had between sessions in which we agreed that that night in camp we had told eachother some parts of our backstories which we omitted when introducing ourselves originally

Go right ahead.
It's not like I have an exam assignment I should be writing right now or anything.

Well thankfully it'll be short. A friend had invited me to a 5e Dee-and-Dee game that needed players, cool GM who allowed a lot of homebrew so I had made a Minotaur slave gladiator turned anti-slavery insurgent. Besides my friend who was playing a dorf cleric, there was a guy we'll call 'N' who for being a special snowflake to the sparkledog extreme, even if it wasn't furry. I still liked them though because they put in roleplaying effort and I love that shit. The rest of the players were DUDE WEED LMAO spazzes who couldn't hold a coherent thought for a minute.

The first issues came when I was honestly pretty flakey due to RL reasons and me getting frustrated with the latter players who wouldn't shut up, grasp simple concepts and kept interrupting everyone. GM said I miss one more session and I'm out, was a little buttflustered but in retrospect I should have been less of a flake. We made up our differences after he had shut down the campaign in a classic forced TPK in league with My Friend and N and he retained us not-shit players. While normally a massive red flag, I didn't blame him and surprised he went with them for so long.

Jump forward to the 2am intro session for our reboot campaign, goes well but N drops out passive aggressively because I yet again started a bar fight(and lost) with an overleveled NPC. I don't pay it mind too much, but as we get to a stopping point I ask if we can continue on the scheduled day as I lived with a gay couple and one of them was unstable about being woken up to the point he slammed doors and made death threats so I didn't wanna wake him doing dorky-shit voice acting over a call. Seems cool with it and crash.

I actually got informed by my friend the next afternoon I got removed from the skype group because I missed it skimming, which prompted them to drop too and wash our hands of it. Dunno the reason that got me removed but I didn't bother to ask and just assumed my original flakiness left a bad impression.

Also N vored another PC and ovipositored eggs inside corpses.

took over entire sessions inulging my cleric's LAWFUL GOOD! antics

should have been curbed but I got away with it because it wasn't like the campaign was going anywhere

No, I've always chose to leave of my own accord because all the nerds around me didn't have the nerve to oust me, no matter how badly I behaved.

Frankly their spinelessness disgusts me, and I have a hard time believing that anyone has ever been kicked out of a group, for I cannot count on two hands the number of oaken tables I have plopped my big, hairy, nutsack upon.

Perhaps they were too intimidated. I would have respected them more had they had even the slightest bit of dignity to tell me to remove my sweaty, smelly, kiwi-sized, balls from their tables.

Instead they all watched speechless as I dragged them to and fro until I grew tired of the act and decided to start playing the game again.

Was your character a black bard who tried to hire an orchestra comprised of fat socially progressive women to assault a fortress full of undead bandits in the hopes of killing them afterwards and taking their share of the loot?

It came up, I said "I'm pretty sure Anita Sarkeesian is a con artist scamming vulnerable idiots", and she threw a fit and REEEEEEEE'd at me over "muh online harassment" and "muh misogyny" and started screaming about how it was me or her playing, not both. I don't hold it against the GM for picking his woman over someone in an online game, but I do think people should stop sticking it in SJWs and just let them die out.

This.

Your fault for bringing it to the table, even if you are right here

Politics really should stay home.

lol, fucking degenerate

Glad it worked out though.

I got caught cybering another player.

Said player was the DM's lezcrush.

We'd been ERPing NTRing her stupid Mary Sue DMPC designated protagonist princess magical girl, because the other player's character was "her priestess" and the keeper of her power between "incarnations" and I was just supposed to be one of her lackeys.

We were e-fucking during a session and the other player accidentally posted in the game's IRC tab instead of our private message tab. No regrets homie.

I once tried to test the limits of what my group would let me get away with by making a pretty blatant magical realm female character that was Chaotic Evil. My character ended up in a lesbian relationship with another PC.

A while after the game died for unrelated reasons (read: scheduling hell) the DM told me my PC was his favorite character. That was how I discovered our group was perfect. So no, I've never actually been kicked out or that guy, though I suspect other groups wouldn't take so kindly to the shenanigans any one of us might pull.

Take the stick out of your anus. Trappy sounds adorable.

Did...did they know you were doing this? I'm not sure whether I should be appalled, disbelieving, or full of admiration.

I didn't bring it up, man, they were already discussing it. What IS my fault is not listening to what was being said when I arrived.

>No regrets homie.
damn straight

>"I'm pretty sure Anita Sarkeesian is a con artist scamming vulnerable idiots"

While I do agree there's a lot of sexism in vidya, since there's a lot of sexism ingrained in nerd-hobbies in general (Which comes from decades of ridiculing the nerd-hobbies and intellectual pursuits [not to conflate the two] as being for sexless social-retards and children), actually seeing how Sarkeesian funds her videos and the fact that she often pulls her materials uncredited and without permission from other sources, and misrepresents certain things (Like that one video where she made it look like Hitman actively rewards you for killing women and playing with their dead bodies) makes me not only think she's super shady, but definitely not an accurate source, but actively hurts discussion by not being upfront and honest.

In some ways this pretty messed up.

In every way that counts, this is pretty hilarious.

There's a lot of sexism in everything and everyone, that's inherent to the human condition. Prejudice in general is an evolutionary adaptation hardcoded into the human psyche. You can try to stop it from getting out of hand, but if you try to police every fun thing as "sexist" or "racist", you'll only make yourselves and those around you miserable. You faggot nigger cunt.

No, she's completely a scam artist deliberately provoking hysteria because that hysteria funds her. She's doing a secular version of what every shady megachurch pastor does, create a need for themselves.

Dude, I want one of those.

In-character lewds with characters you actually play are just the best for some reason.

I never know how subtle to be, though...

Where do you play with these magical people?

I always make sure to make eye contact with the host as I do this, because I am a man, and loudly tell them that they can't stop me as I do it. For good measure, I always make sure to slide my balls to wherever the DM/GM/ST/Host is sitting and knock over any glassware, gaming implements, or personal effects they may have in front of them and thump my balls against the table to make absolutely certain that everyone is paying attention. You don't know how many games I have been to where people get easily distracted or stop paying attention, which is rude, because I used gas, paid with my hard-earned money, to drive to these plebs' houses to play, only for these sad excuses for human garbage to half ass it.

I've done this twice in my current game and no one has even had the courtesy to make eye contact with me as I did it.

I think the only way I could elicit any sort of outrage at this point would be to sleep with my DM's wife.

Luckily for him though, I have standard. Unlike him. Or her for that matter. I haven't made their repulsive appearances known to them, as I don't believe that any one can be that ugly and poorly put together without actively trying, and I don't want to accidentally encourage such behavior.

As it happens, I am in search of a new game, as my group's weak-willed cowardice is starting to grate. Is anyone in the Los Angeles area looking for a new player? I am, quite literally, the best.

For being honest, I'm not sure.
Storytiem
>Third year of Uni
>Had just started roleplaying earlier that year
>Enter classmate I knew, had talked to him a couple of times and I know he's into Veeky Forums
>He shows up with a D&D t-shirt
>I acknowledge it
>He is really happy about it, end up talking about Veeky Forums and some vidya for like an hour and a half
>Tells me he wants to GM a game he found a couple weeks ago, he'll let me know
>Sure, I was eager to try new games and find a group of players
>Date comes
>Him, his group of friends and I meet at the bar he manages on the weekends
>2:00 PM, bar's closed so we can play
>For the life of me I can't remember the name of the game
>It was World War 2 setting with d100 system
>Play for hours, until 9:00 PM I think
>I had a lot of fun, even though I was the only odd one out (new guy, I guess)
>Session was a one shot
>I figured I'd play with them sometime again
>Never invited again
>Months later, finally put together a table that I would GM
>Asked the guy if he was interested
>He says sure, tells me to remind him
>Remind him a week before
>Never replied
>Haven't seen him again in like a year and a half

I really don't know. I would detail more about the session but I guess it would be too long.

I'm going to start doing this. It seems like a good idea.

>There's a lot of sexism in everything and everyone, that's inherent to the human condition. Prejudice in general is an evolutionary adaptation hardcoded into the human psyche.

This is totally true, but it's a lot more obvious in nerd culture, as it tends to be male dominated, do to the larger culture of belittling it, as I said before.

That said, pointing it out and demanding to be treated with some decency isn't the same as policing it, and I think a lot of people could stand to try and differentiate the two.

>You faggot nigger cunt

It infuriates me that there's not really a good epithet for white people and straight people lLso men. They're either cute or boring. Moon Cricket. Fishbelly. Pale skin. Breeder. Hetero-Normative.

Nothing that really packs the same sort of punch. The only white people who actually get offended by them are overly-sensitive morons, and are fragile little shits anyway, so there's no sense of accomplishment for upsetting them in the first place.

moon crickets are niggers

>Demanding

Here is your problem. Nobody owes you a damned thing, and it's not "a lot more obvious in nerd culture", it's just become trendy to be a nerd and the new arrivals want you to change and look more progressive for the sake of their image.

The reason why none of those insults work has nothing to do with punch, the simple fact is that straight, white men don't care what you call them because they insult each other freely and know that words are just wind. They also know that any of those three words I just used can reduce someone like you to tears because you've conditioned yourself to be offended by it.

TL:DR I don't get why you want to upset white people given the number of guns they have and the fact that my people will probably support them if you start a race war.

>my people

Asian or Elven?

jk elves are white (incl Drow)

I actively endorse this and encourage you to present your balls to your peers at every opportunity to assert your dominance.

Obviously I'm a Bean Elf. Funny thing is, we were considered white on the last census, but Obama changed it because racial division directly benefits his party's strategy.

I am that guy, it's why I have no friends and nobody likes me. So Instead of playing games I post on Veeky Forums

Moon Crickets are what Native Americans called the white settlers because they were pale and constantly chirping in their absurd language.

Tumblr is that way you faggot

Should I make any sort of accompanying sound effects to evoke my primal ancestors, or just stare evenly at them and let the meaty whack of my sack against the terrain map fill the room?

I was punted from a Monsters and Other Childish things because my character "didn't fit."

She was an implied-schizophrenic little girl with a permanent Clarissa.png expression whose monster was described using only garbage text, making it an unimaginable horror. How does that not fit again?

Do... Did you just assume I was Black? It doesn't really matter how you justify being a dick, if you're being a dick to me, it's my right as a Goddamn American to call you out on it. Goddamn right I'm going to demand some goddamn decency you slack jawed moron. Nothing entitles you to act superior, and I bet you masturbate to granny porn, which has nothing to do with this argument, but you I just get that general vibe from you.

on the internet maybe

IRL moon cricket means nigger

feel free to run some field tests

>or just stare evenly at them and let the meaty whack of my sack against the terrain map fill the room?

This. Should anyone voice any sort of dissent, remind them clearly and firmly that there is nothing they can do to stop you.

This is not technically true, but if it is said with conviction and with fiery determination, they will believe it all the same.

>offended that user assumed he was black

Never been kicked out, never tried to be that guy with one exception. There was a DM who was so dickish I went Old Man Henderson on him. Ended about as well as you'd expect.

I for one would like to know more about it. Something happened at that table that soured them towards you and I need to know or my autism wont let me rest.

I just looked it up to be sure, because I wasn't 100% sure you were wrong.

Sure enough, it's both.

To be fair, most people I have talked about this irl has never heard moon cricket, and now I'm wondering if I may have put some people into some bad situations.

... Oh well.

>No, she's completely a scam artist deliberately provoking hysteria because that hysteria funds her.

Yeah I can't stand that "based mom" either

Did you just stutter?

That shit right there is why my ancestors built the greatest empire that ever existed and yours are either cucks or mudhuts.

Better nigger than feminist to be honest family.

Basically, never give anyone money for anything over the internet unless you're actually buying something.

>my ancestors built the greatest empire

So what, you didn't do shit. Don't cling to the achievements of some dead men.

Wait, she had a kid? I thought that would go against Sarkeesian's beliefs?

assuredly user

>Not being proud of your ancestors
>Not being proud of your masculinity
>Not viewing working hard for the sake of your family and hobbies as doing shit

It must be so depressing being a postmodernist.

No I'm just mocking the other side of the gamergate coin, christina hoff summers

Definitely black, possibly woman.

Pfft, yeah sure ok, whatever you say. Call me when you get a date.