How would one stat wendigos from Until Dawn?

How would one stat wendigos from Until Dawn?

I assume by picking a system, then using the stats and abilities related to the Wendigos from Until Dawn to create a roughly identical creature?

alright then let's start with Pathfinder. As far as I am aware there isn't anything already in the game that represents motion based sight.

Stating them as ghouls should do the trick.

>IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO!

I don't know anything about Until Dawn, but I'm assuming it's a survival horror thing from the OP, and statting a horror monster seems kind of wrong thematically

True, the monster should have a stat block of:
Plot device
Distracted by whatever the lore weakness is, and interesting plans
Murders you.

They are very, VERY strong and fast, and only see movement. You can stand in front of one without moving and it won't see you like in the OP's pic.

As for what they really are, if I recall if you die in their "territories" you become one.

They are vulnerable to the Sun and fire.

Exactly. So long as it's established it will fucking murder you if it gets near you and you need to figure shit out to work around that then there's nothing else to it. Putting stats to a monster just makes a character try to fight a velociraptor with gymnastics or something

Actually you only become one if you resort to canibalism while a free wendigo spirit is floating around in the area, they are like parasites.

Blindsight?

To be fair, there is a character in the game that has been fighting them, and has been largely successful in hunting them down.

Most of the problems come from a combo of not knowing what they are and not really having any equipment to fight them.

How would you stat a japanese wendigo?

Making that character a plot device and not a player character.

And fucking how is he. But it means giving them actual stats isn't really that out of wack, given what we see of them.

Honestly, to even a low leveled D&D party, they're likely not even that dangerous. They're basically just trolls but faster, but can't see shit that doesn't move.

Natural climb speed
Undead traits
High damage reduction
Natural armor bonus
Intelligence just barely better than animal intelligence
Very high strength and dex
Natural claw and bite weapons

Weakness to fire: after some fire damage a wendigo loses its natural armor bonus and damage reduction

Voice modulation: can mimic the voices of humanoids it has heard and can form rudimentary sentences like "help me"

Sunlight vulnerability: a wendigo that is exposed to sunlight is destroyed. Wendigo spirits are not destroyed by sunlight but are instead render immobile and powerless.

Wendigos are possessed corpses of humans who engaged in cannibalism. Wendigo spirits control these corpses to wipe out communities who engage in this practice. Although wendigo spirits serve the natural order, they are cruel and vicious predators who relentlessly seek to kill and consume all humanoids in their area.

Spirit: a Wendigo is possessed by an undead spirit. If the wendigo is destroyed the spirit is not harmed but is released. A wendigo spirit is tied to some particular wilderness area of limited size, such as a particular mountain, and must remain in that area regardless of whether it currently possesses a body. If a Wendigo spirit is forced to abandon its body, the body immediately falls inert and rapidly turns to dust. Wendigo spirits are incapable of affecting the world in any way on their own and can only possess the corpse of a cannibal. A wendigo spirit ceased to exist if its wilderness area remains undisturbed for 144 years. Otherwise, a Wendigo spirit can only be dispatched by exorcism or banishment to another plane.

Wendigo vision: Wendigos have a unique form of darkvision, they can see their environment perfectly well in monochromatic hues, however wendigos can only see moving living creatures. A living creature that remains motionless disappears from a wendigo's view.

Tremorsense

Did you let her fall and/or shoot her?

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

>Making the lowest-effort 'stat me' response
>Not using a remorhaz's statblock, or a ghoul's
>Not editing a bugbear's stats and environment for shits and giggles
>Not trying at all
Instead, we got an Owlbear.
Thanks for nothing, you ugly fart bitch.

>getting salty at the time-honored Veeky Forums tradition of shitposting an owlbear into any and every "stat me" thread

It's windingo

I just want to tell Veeky Forums I love this game. That is all.

>forced copy-pasta from 2015
>time-honored Veeky Forums tradition
No matter how low-quality and unpleasant they are, "Stat me" threads are an actual Veeky Forums tradition, having existed since the dawn of time.
ur nasty and a bitch