Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What are your favorite organizations? Tell us about your home-made organizations!

When asking about build advice, remember to be sure to mention whether or not third party material (3pp) is allowed!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/
d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/
zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/master-of-many-styles
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classArchetypes/monk.html
archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Monk Master of Many Styles
diffchecker.com/7ystqdop
diffchecker.com/rbuqn7jz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So Basically, I am playing a sylph with the feat Inner breath, which means I wont have to breathe.
My class is wizard, cleric and mystic theurge. totalt level 13. My focus in combat is making sure everyone are buffed and then healing when it's done.
So, what's stopping me from sitting in a bag of holding ready to heal people when they need it?

Line of effect.

They put their hand down into it or I climb out.

>So, what's stopping me from sitting in a bag of holding ready to heal people when they need it?
The fact that it's a retarded idea.
Combat healing is shitty in Pathfinder if you're not a Vitalist.
You're a fucking Wizard, just throw pits and webs around, you'll be like 10 times more useful that way.

Then you've got no movement modes and are entirely dependent on someone else to move you about. You'll pretty much be non-existent in a combat situation.

Oh yes. It's spectacularly stupid and my DM would slap me silly. It's a hypothetical discussion. I don't do mid combat healing, but post combat healing is still needed. Most of my spell slots are used for shit like haste, stoneskin, invisibility and so on. We also have a sorc and wizard with better DCs.
It's the perfect defense! Just as good as hiding around the corner.

and then an arrow pierces the bag while you are in it and you are instadead.

And I don't think you can crawl out of it yourself.

And you'll be in a fucking bag, what for exactly?

>If a bag of holding is overloaded, or if sharp objects pierce it (from inside or outside), the bag immediately ruptures and is ruined, and all contents are lost forever.

Do you really want to die to the first sunder attempt?

Reminds me of a halfling girl we found using her Handy Haversack as an impromptu tent. Of course we didn't know at first, just "Hey, free backpack!"

And then my thrall, who was so excited to get it, took a sap to the back of her head and we all had to figure out what was going on and explain we weren't kidnapping the halfling.

>It's the perfect defense!
Unless the bag gets ruptured.

Yeah, and not just that, "the contents are lost forever" which sounds like no way to revive either.

>What are your favorite organizations? Tell us about your home-made organizations!

Clearly the Pathfinder Society is the greatest organization in Golarion.

>Tell us about your home-made organizations!

We founded an international organization of monster slayers known as the Dusk Hunters!

True, the GM would go out of his way to sunder the bag. Though for any reasonable there would be little reason to sunder a bag of holding unless the enemies were suspecting something. Though, arguably, getting shunted to the astral plane is less of a problem if you're able to cast planeshift.

Now how do you hunt down a phylactery that's been "made safe" that way, when the lich will just plane-travel right back afterwards?

It's barely even "going out of your way" at that point.

>Hahaha you can't hit me in this bag
is just fucking BEGGING FOR IT
Someone's GOING to at least fire a pot-shot thataway out of spite.

Not if they ride around with an arm outside the bag. If the bag gets broken, the arm is severed and left with the party, while the guy in the bag is sent to the astral plane. The guy in the bag can kill themselves, and the party can take the arm for a resurrection.

Anyone have the Armor Master Handbook? The trove don't have it.

What are some good ways to gain access to flight? I'm interested in the inquisitor but not having flight means I'm stuck to getting the animal domain for a flying mount or getting boots that grant flight.

Magic Items
Spells
Races...

There's also quite a few ways in 3pp, where it's a bit easier for not-fullcasters than it is in 1pp, even though it's fairly doable there too.

Tomorrow we are playing a new game.

We are starting from 3rd lvl.

I got a rhetorician witch.

How to play her, what are her strengths and weaknesses?

Thank you.

Shouldn't you ask that before you rolled one up?

It's too complicated to explain. English being not one of my strong languages.

> GM stated that we can be any alignment but he doesn't recommend playing Evil, since that will break up the party.
> Half the party is evil.
> Another one is CE but putting CN on the sheet

Sometime I hate my friends...

you should probably check out d20pfsrd.com/ and some guides like on zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

Thank you!

Anybody want to help me build a summoner? Starting at level 1 (feel free to advise on further levels) with a 32pb, the race will be a fetchling for the stats and shadow caller archetype,the player is probably going NG, and worshipping the right god (found an alternative to Lamashtu) for the boost to summon.

Oh yeah, 3pp is allowed and in many cases encouraged.

>found an alternative to Lamashtu

They're going for a fertility character?

If you're just all evil, the party will stick together.

Nope. LE and CE will definitely plot to kill each other. The CN will ran away from the group as soon as he steal his share of loots.

I should just play Paladin and smite all of them..

Actually the trait just needs a god with madness, monsters, or nightmares as a domain.

no idea about the rhetorician, I played normal Witch. evil eye AC/evil eye saves/cackle, misfortune or slumber/cackle, throw some spells around. It's pretty awesome. I built my witch with BBEG for hexes and my spells are for groups, so my weakness is basically minibosses, and anyone immune to mind affecting business. Since basically you're just debuffing and being a total pain in the ass, my cackle was singing the trololo song.

Remember, evil eye doesn't stack but all the evil eye options are different, so you can debuff all you want.

You can get high fives by

1) evil eye on saves
2) slumber
3) let someone else coup de grace

For extra lulz you can get flight, prehensile hair to touch from behind ally, and fortune for early buffs/whenever you arent useful in any way otherwise.

Hexes are the bomb; they don't run out, they are NOT spells so magic immunity doesn't work, they don't provoke AoO generally.

>DM turned my simple lion-bro knight into the princely heir to the beastfolk kingdom
>32 PB, level 5, full support of DSP content

Should I go for a lazy Ornstein, badass Scarlet Throne warrior, or go Paladin for that delicious Charisma?

oh, and there is a LOT of crap too, either to be evil or to be NPC. Tons of hexes are absolute shit, so make sure you read up on them.
Evil eye
cackle
misfortune
fortune
ward
are 100% legit.

Check Scar with your DM, there is a lot of discussion about it and it can be either shit or amazing.

CHAbinger

How do you like to build your inquisitors? melee or ranged? what domain/inquisition?

Alright so lets say I take bonded mind with a monster tactician. Seeing as I get to share my teamwork feats with my summons, does that mean that I can make use of this feat to give instructions to my animal summons seeing as its nonverbal communication?

Gonna be in a campaign starting from 1, gonna do up a sacred fist because they sound rad as hell. Style feats look cool and was gonna dip into master of many styles to load up on some sooner. First time playing pathfinder but not my first playing tabletop, playing with newer players, how should i proceed to keep it fun for all involved

How high is the PB?

Regular ass 20

How important is str going to be for archery builds?

Lets say its a class that has riding damage like inquisitor bane/warpriest sacred weapon or paladin smite.

You should be okay.
MoMS is awesome if you know what the fuck are you doing, so here are a couple tips:
Crane Style lets you push your AC into the stratosphere (rip Crane Wing tho ;_;), Snake Style lets you punish those who miss you with retaliative attacks (to exploit high AC), just make sure to NOT take the shitty Snake Sidewind and pick up Snake Fang right away ignoring prereqs through MoMS, Dragon Style works well with high STR (if that's what you want), Pummeling Style/Charge works wonders with anything as it lets you pounce.

I personally like going Dex/Con/Wis on a monk to minime multi-ability-dependency and combine Crane, Snake, and Pummeling styles.

>to minime
Fuck.
To minimise, I mean. Fucking typo.

And how do you intend to stay relevant in the early levels?

Oh wait.
I'm just used to being able to grab Deadly Agility early.

>He doesn't know about the MoMS nerf

user, I have some bad news...

>user, I have some bad news...
LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

14 STR at the minimum.

Go full weaboo. Pick up Shizuru as your deity and Crusader Flurry with Katana.

My best advice for dealing with evil PCs is to require that any evil PC have some tie that would keep them from wanting to backstab the party- typically being an old friend of one of the other PCs or something similar. Definitely never a reason as transient as "the other PCs are useful tools".

I was gonna go str/wis/con to become the Hand of God. Cool to know thay the build wont ruin peoples day by being too overbearing/underpowered.

Thanks. I will tell that to my GM. The "CN" guy already wrote "treat other characters as a useful tool" on his sheet though.

So, one of my players wants to make a vivisectionist from Vudra, LN.

Should i allow it? It seems that whenever there are vivisectionists in play, things get a little bit out of control.

Vivisectionist is a straight downgrade from vanilla alchemist.

Not all people want to be Achmed The Mad Bomber user, maybe the guy/girl want to role play someone who's into... cutting people, and animals... like they are machines.

OP user, fuck it - ban it, it smells too much of magical realm.

What was nerfed?

PFS got butthurt monk were allowed to do stuff. Compare:
Before:
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/master-of-many-styles
After:
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classArchetypes/monk.html

Has anyone tried to make a zen archer archetype for the unchained monk yet?

Literally the fucking same word-for-word.

i'm really new to pathfinder, decided that I'm rolling up an Inquisitor, and picked the Destruction domain because it looked fun for everyone involved.
Problem is, the 8th level destructive aura mentions "these rounds do not need to be consecutive" but it doesn't mention the amount of rounds I can use it for to begin with.
Anyone able to help?

Also, could I use the smite ability with the Maw&claw Tiefling variant trait? Allows me to bite as a secondary attack, even with me wielding a GS. I probably wouldn't do that that often, since the whole -5 to hit thing, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Vivisectionists trade bombs for sneak attack. It pretty much limited powerful burst damage for "all day" situational burst damage.

I'd say its slightly worse since it sacrifices utility but is still a good class on its own. Pazio doesnt like it for PFS because it pretty much replaces the rogue class completely and they cant have that.

>Problem is, the 8th level destructive aura mentions "these rounds do not need to be consecutive" but it doesn't mention the amount of rounds I can use it for to begin with.

>Destructive Aura (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of destruction for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level.

Are you fucking blind, mate?

Woops, my bad here's the before
archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Monk Master of Many Styles

diffchecker.com/7ystqdop
You sure that's a nerf?

Best ways a GM has had your party come together in the first meet?

I don't have any ideas for saturdays meet :(

So you cant use the bonuses to pick up feats along the chain anymore? You can onlt pick up the starting styles?

A bit better looking version:
diffchecker.com/rbuqn7jz

Yes, see

>Combat healing is shitty in Pathfinder if you're not a Vitalist.
Or a zealot.

They see a hand pop out and cast spells. Any enemy with half a brain is gonna shoot the bag.

Everyman gaming has a monk archetype conversion pdf out. Plus, you're supporting hyper-boob kits unexpected art when you buy it.

Should read kitsune, autocorrect.

dang, now jabbing style looks a lot less super cool.

They're all chained in the village stockades, arrested for something or other and put on public display

Why do people like to give Kitsune big honkers, anyway?

Weren't Kitsune traditionally slender, androgynous creatures that could change shape or gender at will? Why not just give them some adorable B cups seductively tantalized by a slightly open Kimono?

Alright, here's the best one.

>Entire party is either Lawful, Good, or a contract killer.
>All the PCs are bounty hunters who have been paid by a local church to hunt down an incredibly powerful necromancer.
>Necromancer gets caught by an NPC appropriately leveled to do so.
>PCs are salty they missed out on the massive bounty, but go see bastard get hung anyway.
>Apparently getting executed was all part of the Necromancer's plan.
>Suddenly Skeletons
>Suddenly Zombies
>Suddenly Wraiths
>Suddenly Thing-I-Didn't-Roll-High-Enough-To-Identify
>PCs start working together to help evacuate the town.
>Party introduces themselves while standing on the back of a speeding wagon, shooting at the undead chasing them.

I see that it's only 3 $ but still...don't wanna buy the cat in the bag.

How should I build a wizard that has delved into the eldritch horrors too deep?Starting at 2nd level, most 3pp allowed, 4 traits and a drawback,I start with 3 free metamagic feats,and only other guy in the party is an unoptimized ninja who will probably miss most sessions (He's that guy) and it's the Carrion Crown AP.Thanks in advance guys

apparently.
thanks, man.

that's an absolutely fantastic idea.

i love it! I had planned on making a necromancer quest as one of their first forays into combat.

Ahh I might try to mold the two together. Maybe have them all in the necromancers dungeon or something.

Are there any dragon kin races done in the style of tieflings, aasimars or genie-kin races in pathfinder? I really want to play a dragon-kin paladin who struggles with his vice for greed

I need to destroy a deck of many things. No way to contact a deity let alone trick him into winning it, would putting it in a minor bag of holding and then cutting the bag work? Also would a rod of cancellation work? (character is a level 6 sorcerer with about 15,000 gold in his pocket)

Kobold.

Are there any secret languages aside froln Druidic and Drow Sign Language? I've been making a mercenary/linguist and don't want to pick up anything I can't

My favorite organization (DM made) is a sort of covert/special ops group for one of the countries, Arian. They take care of interests of the crown across the country, and occasionally in other countries. They also work as the less-known counterpart to the king's royal guard, and have thwarted many assassination attempts over the generations. They're somewhat generic, but I really like them. They're normally Fighter/Rogue multiclasses, and the "Arian Agents" also take levels in a custom class of the same name that give them some spell-likes, sneak attack, full BaB, and the ability to do more with surprise rounds and share that ability with party members.

Fun as kobolds are, they are not really what I had in mind

Aside from line of effect, the second someone notices you doing that they'll shoot the bag, and you'll be deader than a doornail

>Arian agents
Nice one.

going back to this a little bit, is jabbing style as cool as I'm reading it to be or is there something I'm not picking up here? not enough feats as a Sacred Fist x/MoMS 2?

I am going to make a unchained rogue for Rise of the Runelords ( don't know the adventure and no spoilers) I have the Players Guide for it
Are feint builds any good I may be the only melee.
I am looking at a 10,16,12,13,10,14 spread (PB20)

I had one where we were all conscripted to fight in a war. It was basically us lvl 1 with tons of others fighting tons of lvl 1 goblins and shit like that. We lost the battle badly, retreat was called and we ended up together with random soldier NPCs getting killed off around us as we retreated. We ended up scattered in the woods with our badass sergeant, who fought off a giant 4 armed ape by himself as he commanded us to get back to the lord's castle with some secret sealed scroll. As we ran off we heard our sergeant scream as he got torn apart. RIP Sarge badass ;_;
Since it was a few days travel the party got to know each other during camp time.

My current party was all on a ship for different reasons with different functions (paid for travel, ship's cook, deck swabber etc). Ship got in a storm, ship sank, fade to black. We ended up on some island with baddies, some of us were captured while unconsious, some still had a weak fight in them before getting knocked on the head and ending up in the same cell as the rest.

>Are feint builds any good
No

In retrospect we realized that, yeah
Arian's a Spain-themed militaristic powerhouse. Heavily martial with some Clerics/Druids on the side, and a smattering of elitist wizards.
As an additional fun fact, Common in out setting is actually the Arian language. They beat the everloving tar out of most of the other human nations a few hundred years in the past, and at the treaty table they demanded that Arian become the "Common" tongue of humans. The dwarves were okay with it because they've always been on friendly terms (one of the only groups to turn the Arians back when they attacked, so they share a deep respect for each other), and the other races just had to learn to deal with it. Regardless of spelling, it seems Arians are superior

>rogue
Don't.

Well, they can be okay if you've got Combat Stamina and you're at peace with the fact you're not gonna be feinting very often until at least 6th level. Also, you're going to be a one-trick pony, but you'll probably melt people really hard when your trick actually works.

You basically have to be a two-weapon fighter for it to work at all, and it's stupidly feat intensive. You need Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Greater Feint, Two-Weapon Fighting, and Two-Weapon Feint. And then probably other TWF feats like Improved/Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Rend, and Double Slice later. Combat Stamina helps too, since it lets you give up an iterative attack that's unlikely to hit for Two-Weapon Feint instead. Before level 6 you're best off just ignoring that you have most of this shit and just move action feinting before hitting someone with a greatsword, if you're even in a position to do that, because there's no fucking point in giving up one of your two TWF attacks to make your other one more likely to stick until you have more attacks.

Also, taking the trait Cunning Liar and using either your Intelligence (Slayers are okay for this) or Wisdom (Basically any other class) so you can dump Cha is mandatory, since this sort of thing is heavily reliant on lots of good ability scores.

Rogue for RotRL is worse than usual. You don't want spoilers so I won't say why. But you will regret it. If you want to be a trap specialist the archeologist is heavily recommended.

Cuz people like kitsune, and people like huge tits.

People are also furries.

What are some good pathfinder campaigns? My friends and I have already played ROTRL.

>the first time I saw this I almost vomited in my mouth
>somehow I can actually tolerate it and think "yea, I could probably deal with that if it somehow ended up in my game"
>mfw realizing something is horribly wrong with me

I think something inside me finally snapped, /pfg/