/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Plain Russet-Coated Captain Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/folder/nts747a3u33nd/English_Civil_War
youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Confederate_States_Navy
mediafire.com/download/fu7tcrhrr7mdzfp/Osprey - NVA 064 - Confederate Raider 1861-65.pdf
mediafire.com/download/d6nzb99dvl0qtut/Osprey - NVA 092 - Confederate Blockade Runner 1861-65.pdf
mediafire.com/download/0rif6mafo125twq/Osprey - NVA 103 - Confederate Submarines & Torpedo Vessels 1861-65.pdf
mediafire.com/download/2bnt619zsfhfi1s/Osprey - DUE 040 - CSS Alabama vs USS Kearsarge 1864.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=MAarxcIAjzk
mediafire.com/download/bbwx3zlmiq3c5jr/Osprey - NVA 049 - Mississippi River Gunboats of the ACW 1861-65.pdf
mediafire.com/download/4mx12u2p4imcv5q/Osprey - NVA 056 - Union River Ironclad 1861-65.pdf
mediafire.com/download/w9v44pgpdbo3srz/Osprey - NVA 193 - Austro-Hungarian Battleships 1914-18.pdf
wargamevault.com/product/154432/FIRE-TEAM-VIETNAM-Units-the-Vietcong
elhiem.co.uk/ourshop/prod_3236352-TAL03n-Local-Afghan-Insurgents-with-AK47s.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!
Bolt Action: Empire in Flames

14th of June in military history:

1216 – First Barons' War: Prince Louis of France captures the city of Winchester and soon conquers over half of the Kingdom of England.
1285 – Second Mongol invasion of Vietnam: Forces led by Prince Trần Quang Khải destroy most of the invading Mongol naval fleet in a battle at Chuong Duong.
1287 – Kublai Khan defeats the traditionalist Borjigin princes in East Mongolia and Manchuria.
1381 – Richard II of England meets leaders of Peasants' Revolt on Blackheath. The Tower of London is stormed by rebels who enter without resistance.
1645 – English Civil War: Battle of Naseby – Royalist forces are beaten by Parliamentarian soldiers.
1667 – The Raid on the Medway by the Dutch fleet in the Second Anglo-Dutch War ends.
1775 – American Revolutionary War: the Continental Army is established by the Continental Congress, marking the birth of the United States Army.
1800 – Bonaparte defeats the Austrians at the Battle of Marengo in Northern Italy and re-conquers Italy.
1807 – The Grande Armée defeats the Russian Army at the Battle of Friedland in Poland ending the War of the Fourth Coalition.
1830 – Beginning of the French colonization of Algeria: 34,000 French soldiers begin their invasion of Algiers.
1846 – Bear Flag Revolt begins – Anglo settlers in Sonoma, California, start a rebellion against Mexico and proclaim the California Republic.
1863 – American Civil War: Second Battle of Winchester – a Union garrison is defeated by the Army of Northern Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley town of Winchester, Virginia.
1944 – World War II: After several failed attempts, the British Army abandons its plan to capture the German-occupied town of Caen.
1945 – World War II: Filipino troops liberate the Ilocos Sur and start the Battle of Bessang Pass in Northern Luzon.
1982 – Falklands War: Argentine forces in the capital Stanley conditionally surrender to British forces.

It is 371 years since the Battle of Naseby, a pivotal moment of the English Civil War. Prior to the battle there was no obvious indication that either Parliament nor the Royalists had any obvious military advantage over the other. However, the overwhelming defeat of the Royalists ended this and almost certainly doomed Charles I.

By May 1645, Charles had marched a large Royalist force north to attack a Parliamentarian force that was besieging Chester. News of the Royalists march north, led to a retreat by the Parliamentarian force commanded by Sir William Brereton. This took away from Charles an opportunity to demonstrate to Parliament the military superiority of the Royalist army. However, Charles was very keen to do this and he therefore decided to turn south and besiege the Parliamentarian town of Leicester. An attack on Leicester was, in fact, easy from the Royalist’s point of view. While it may have sent out a supposedly clear message to Fairfax, based in Oxford, about the strength and professionalism of the Royalists, it was a message that was clouded. The Royalists attacked Leicester with 12,000 men while there were only 2,000 defenders. The town’s defences lasted just three hours when the attack came on May 30th.

Boosted by this victory, Charles now targeted Oxford – his old capital now being besieged by Fairfax. Given the choice of continuing to besiege Oxford or taking on the advancing Royalists, Fairfax chose the latter. On June 3rd, Fairfax moved his men away from Oxford to confront the king.

Charles had faced dissent among the senior commanders in the Royalist force. Many Royalists felt that their cause would be better served if they moved north, defeated the Scots and then moved back south to tackle Fairfax. However, to Charles Oxford had a certain symbolism and he overruled any dissention. It is highly likely that he had got an exaggerated view of his army’s strength after the ease of his victory at Leicester.

Fairfax was an astute military man and he knew that Parliament's recently formed New Model Army was not yet as effective as he wanted it to be. He was acutely aware that he needed support to enhance the strength of the men he commanded. Cromwell was still in East Anglia. He, along with Charles, waited for support to arrive. However, Fairfax’s support was nearer and Cromwell and his men joined him on June 13th whereas the Royalist support had to come from Wales and Somerset. Neither arrived by the time Naseby was fought.

Realising the weakness of their position, Charles decided to move north of Daventry. However, Parliamentary scouts tracked their every move. On the night of June 13th, Charles decided that any continuing move would play into the hands of Parliament who could pick-off his rear markers with ease. Prince Rupert had no desire to attack the New Model Army but a Royal Council of War overruled him. With an inflated opinion as to the military prowess of the Royalist Army, Charles decided that an attack was his best move. The battle was fought on June 14th. Parliament's forces were 13,500 strong (6,000 horse, 7,000 foot, 1,000 dragoons and 11 guns); the Royalists numbered 7,400 (4,100 horse and 3,300 foot).

Before the battle started, the New Model Army set itself up on a ridge overlooking Naseby. However, Cromwell ordered the army off of this ridge as he decided that it was too good a position and not even an incompetent military commander like Charles would attack such a position. He moved the army back to Naseby village – some 1.5 miles away.

The two armies faced one another barely ½ a mile apart. Cromwell’s horsemen were on the fight flank of Parliament’s force and he could call on 3,500 men. Opposing him were the horsemen of Marmaduke Langdale. On the left flank for Parliament were the horsemen of Henry Ireton and opposing him were the horse of Princes Rupert and Maurice. Between both sets of horsemen on both sides were the infantry.

The battle started at 10.00 when Rupert attacked Ireton. His men crashed through with some ease but rather than attack Parliament’s infantry formations that were easily open to a cavalry flank attack, Rupert decided to move on to Naseby and attack a baggage wagon there. While this mistake would not have led to any difference in the final outcome, it could have made the battle a lot more difficult for Fairfax.

On the right flank, Langdale attacked Cromwell at the same time as Rupert attacked Ireton. However, in this case, Cromwell easily defeated Langdale’s men thus exposing the King’s infantry to attack. Cromwell duly attacked but kept men in reserve as an insurance. It was this attack on the right flank of the Royalists infantry that doomed Charles to defeat. Without any form of firm leadership, the Royalist infantry broke up. It did succeed in pushing back Parliament’s first line of infantry, but whether this was a pre-planned move to further suck Royalist infantry into a Parliamentarian pincer movement is open to discussion. Whether it was or not, the Royalist force was open to cavalry attack on both flanks while having to fight Parliament’s infantry force in front of it. Surrender was the only real option.

Historians see the overwhelming success of the New Model Army at Naseby as the time when Charles lost the English Civil War. It was a defeat that he never recovered from. Ironically the battle started with the success of Prince Rupert but this could not be followed up. Rupert had perfected the tactic of a very speedy cavalry attack and even at Naseby this worked. If Langdale had been equally successful on the other flank the battle could have turned in favour of the Royalists. The Royalist force lost over 1,000 men while the New Model Army lost about 200.

Naseby is one of the pike-and-shot classics, and an essential for any wargaming fan of the era.

mediafire.com/folder/nts747a3u33nd/English_Civil_War

TinyTanks is back!

>After a bit of a hiatus on the 3mm gaming front lately, I finally had an opportunity last night to get some minis on the table for a game with my buddy John. This time I got out my Desert terrain for some Arab-Israeli War action. I consulted my AIW scenario book From Golan to Sinai from Clash of Arms Games and found a scenario that would fit the bill.

>The Scenario is "Botzer" from the 1973 Yom Kippur War, pitting an Egyptian Armoured Brigade trying to make a breakthrough along the shores of the Great Bitter Lake against two Israeli Armoured Battalions. Nothing too complex - lots of tanks, a little bit of infantry on the Egyptian side and pretty much no artillery or air (the Egyptians had their Infantry battalion's mortars, but they hardly count...). An old fashioned tank punch-up!!

>Prior to the battle there was no obvious indication that either Parliament nor the Royalists had any obvious military advantage over the other.

Sorry, user (great going with the write-ups, btw) but this one just triggered me.

Naseby was just a final nail in the King Charles' coffin: Marston Moor was the pivotal moment in the Civil War. Kinda like Antietam or Leipzig. IMHO, anyway.

Has anyone actually played Chevauchee? I've heard a lot of negative shit about it, but no-one's posted any AARs or batreps etc.

There was some AARs a couple of threads back about some Italian streetfightan'.

Pike and shotte or fire and sword, any impressions?

I would also like to ask you guys about the Pike and shotte models. How is the quality?

I played it when it was still in beta. Posted a pretty lenght commentary on it back then. It needed some work but was fun and I had a great time.

what minis are these?

>Pike and shotte or fire and sword, any impressions?
>I would also like to ask you guys about the Pike and shotte models. How is the quality?
No-one knows?

Sorry, but I am pumped. I would like to get impressions of both systems (if possible) and get some models. It's been a while (since blood bowl) I have been interested in these type of games.

Go out and exlore for yourself I'd say. Plenty of reviews online, tho By Fire and Sword looks a bit too constrained for me with all the restrictions. Plus small unit sizes...

Iunno, I'd go with Pike and Shotte with 10mm figures.

Warlords P&S range has a lot of cheap plastics, they're on the old side (6 years or more?) but roughly equivalent to metal ranges from what I can tell. I don't own any yet but when I start my TYW armies intend to build them around the WLG plastics

My verdict is get a box and see, caliver books has the best discounts I've yet found on warlord figs (I think it's 25ish usd for a box of Infantry) and free shipping

As far as rules go I haven't tried any yet

Finished painting a small band of Condottiere for miscellaneous medieval mayhem. The smallest formation in a free company was the lance, a five man team with mixed weaponry. I've painted up a mounted lance and two foot lances.

Anyone seen "of the Lord spares is" converted for eastern front (WW1)?

Alternatively recommend a ruleset of similar scope for 6-10mm minis?

Check the TooFatLardies excellent 'Play the Game' compilation of a bunch of articles on WWI stuff for that game.

Alternatively try their other WWI game, Through the Mud and the Blood, which definitely has an Eastern Front expansion.

I also know we have all the TtMatB pdfs in our archive because I was the one who posted them.

Looks pretty badass, Perry right?

First match at the club for ages lads, had exams and assignments to do instead. A bit of ACW which was good fun, got put with the confederates which is good, they have the catchier songs.

I got my first hit ever with an artillery shell, have terrible luck with that. Uses 'exploding dice', so you roll to hit and then roll for casualties if successful.

Batrep up at Camp Cromwell on Blogspot.

Thanks, I'll look at those.

Timecast buildings?

As user suggested what you want is "From Empire To Revolution", the Eastern Front expansion to Mud and Blood. But you - and anyone interested in WW1 wargaming - should definitely checkout out the "Play The Game" omnibus as well.

Yup! WOTR light cavalry and the mercenaries box, with some HYW archers for good measure.

Well, I finished college and got my degree, so now I can focus on wargames a bit more. Finished basing of the platoon HQ and weapons section for my Vietnam War US army.

Focus on getting a job/any paying employment ASAP. Any gap looks bad on your resume. Unless it's volunteer heart surgery in Kazakhstan etc.

fuck off let him have a break

...aaaand the rest of the platoon.

I'm going to MSc in September. Last two semesters were bloody intense.

why post this every single thread?

Evening, shitposter-kun!

Im the secondd guy Im just not sure why the same picture of the same board is in every thread?

Well, to be honest, it's not a bad pic. Plus you gotta bump the thread somehow.

It's the ESCI dudes, great stuff, I remember these. Got to love Rambo in the corner there.

That picture wasn't in the previous thread either, although the board was. Shitposter-kun's eyesight is as bad as his English.

Thanks. In case I can put my hands on a Pegasus box, I'll make a platoon of marines too. Now it'll be time to build my two M113s and Sheridans...

I remember the long flying stands, but didn't remember the pic exactly.

At least we can say we have a dedicated shitposter.

>Thanks. In case I can put my hands on a Pegasus box, I'll make a platoon of marines too. Now it'll be time to build my two M113s and Sheridans...
But what about the neighbours, user? Who are your grunts going to shoot at? I always like this box, it had a few guys with floppy hats and scarfs that made great Khmer Rouge/Pathet Lao fighters.

Im not shitposter-kun, I didnt mean to come off as rudde I didnt realise it was a new picture

I got three boxes of those too I'll start soon. I'll probably need to grab a few IMEX Korean War boxes too for SMGs, machine guns and so forth. Really great figures, the two Vietnam War sets from Esci are both good. My only problem is the lack of grenade launchers and too much M60 machine guns in the US set. Other than that, perfect.

It happens. Plus sometimes the best intentions look like shitposting thanks to those dedicated to the cause.

In that case enjoy your tiny manz.

>Vietnameses
hehe

Got you covered, senpai.

>I hate these Vietnameses to pieces!

I see Roach. Do you have the skills to tigerstripe his blooper?

youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ

Haven't seen the movie yet (shame on me), but I believe I can.

Thanks for the idea. Elhiem has minis from the movie I plan on getting.

I loled. That probably means I'm old as hell, huh?

> The Rebs get into the whorehouse. The Union attack on the left, but are beaten off.

But wait I thought you said the Reb-

Ooooohhhh.

I'm sure they look great, but the picture is quite poor.

I only mention it as you put a backdrop up so must have made some effort, so I hope you don't take offense. If you make sure the figures are on a white base (more paper?) and the background fills the screen it will help. If you struggle with blur, setting the timer so you don't have to push the button as you take it might help.

I found this rather amusing, not really /hwg/ related.

Why not? Many people here plays navy wargames

I imagine he means because it happened today in London.

What happened?

Farage and the Brexit Fishermen had a showdown with Geldoff and the Bremain squadron and had a bit of a shouting match on the Thames. I think they may have even lightly bumped ships a little too.

[insert Cpt. America: Civil War meme here]

Harpoon mod when?

Looks excellent. Love the basing.

Thanks!

I might need to go out and hunt for a Hot Wheels for my 1:72 insurgents.

>all the Abrams has to do is button up
>why does it not?

are there any osprey scans regarding the Italian or Austro-Hungarian WW1 Navies?

Or the navies of the ACW beyond 'Monitor and Merrimack'?

>navies of the ACW

The North had one. The South didn't. That's about it.

perhaps not a sizeable ocean-going navy. But they had quite a lot of ironclads and converted paddle-steamers which I was particularly interested in- some of them 'armoured' with bales of cotton

Bmp

Just picked up the Chevauchee fantasy supplement and figured I'd run a campaign AAR for the thread using the quest stuff.

Our "protagonist" is an Almohad necromancer called Daud and a coterie of the undead and dispossessed collected from Angevin and French territories.

Daud’s father was a Moorish sorcerer expelled from the Almohad court for practicing the black art of necromancy. He fled the court with a number of priceless artifacts including the mummified corpse of a legendary prince and his wargear. Once the old Emir had passed, the sorcerer tasked his son with returning the artifacts to the court, in an attempt to curry favour with the new administration. The journey would take them across the Iberian peninsula to the heart of the Moroccan deserts.

Just ran Turn 1:
Random Encounter; Encamped vs Non-Human Raiding Party
On the eve of setting out, in the foothills of the Pyrenees, the adventurers and their baggage are set upon by an Orcish raiding party.

The orcs are routed, but Reeve and Damon are taken out of action during the battle.

Reeve receives a moderate wound (11 days recovery time) but thanks to Daud’s medical expertise, the recovery time is significantly reduced.

Damon receives a permanent injury (21 days recovery time) from an Orcish battle-axe, severing one of his feet. Once the stump has been cauterized, a makeshift prosthetic formed from a sturdy boot allow him to hobble around as best he can.

Group morale increases by 1 despite the casualties.

Daud uses an ancient incantation to return two of the deceased Orcs from the grave, to bolster the strength of the party.

After scouting the lay of the land ahead, Little discovers the group of Castilian questors laying in wait at the mouth of a mountain pass.

Little swipes some pies from the windowsill of an empty farmhouse, increasing the group’s morale by 1.

The group elects to spend 8 days encamped, unwilling to advance into an ambush. +1 morale. Reeve’s injury time is reduced to 3 days and Damon’s reduces to 13 days.

A passing merchants sells Wolfe a shield charm.

Not a bad start, all things considered. A couple of bad injury rolls mitigated by relatively low injury time.

Bump

Has anyone ever played "They Come Unseen"?

>Or the navies of the ACW beyond 'Monitor and Merrimack'?

I have a bunch of Vanguards on various non-ironclad vessels that'll I will upload for you later, user. Got a great one on the CSS Alabama too.

>any osprey scans regarding the Italian or Austro-Hungarian WW1 Navies?

There's one on the Austrians, I'll add that later as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Confederate_States_Navy

Not the requester, but muchly appreciated!

The naval part of the ACW is an important element of it, with the North's blockade of the South being one of their main strategic goals. You have the introduction of ironclads and the rapid development of steam technology, with battles occurring on sleepy rivers or the Atlantic coast. It's well supported wargaming-wise and has a small but dedicated following. We have a few more relevant Ospreys and two games (Anaconda and River Wars) in the ACW folder.

Confederate Raider:
mediafire.com/download/fu7tcrhrr7mdzfp/Osprey - NVA 064 - Confederate Raider 1861-65.pdf

Confederate Blockade Runner:
mediafire.com/download/d6nzb99dvl0qtut/Osprey - NVA 092 - Confederate Blockade Runner 1861-65.pdf

Confederate Submarines and Torpedo Vessels:
mediafire.com/download/0rif6mafo125twq/Osprey - NVA 103 - Confederate Submarines & Torpedo Vessels 1861-65.pdf

CSS Alabama bs USS Kearsarge:
mediafire.com/download/2bnt619zsfhfi1s/Osprey - DUE 040 - CSS Alabama vs USS Kearsarge 1864.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=MAarxcIAjzk

Mississippi River Gunboats of the ACW:
mediafire.com/download/bbwx3zlmiq3c5jr/Osprey - NVA 049 - Mississippi River Gunboats of the ACW 1861-65.pdf

Union River Ironclad:
mediafire.com/download/4mx12u2p4imcv5q/Osprey - NVA 056 - Union River Ironclad 1861-65.pdf

The Adriatic in WW1 is pretty darn obscure, I can't find anything on the Italians, but there is this:

Austro-Hungarian Battleships:
mediafire.com/download/w9v44pgpdbo3srz/Osprey - NVA 193 - Austro-Hungarian Battleships 1914-18.pdf

Glorious combined arms

Pies increase moral immidiately

This is also true of life in general.

Truer words were never spoken.

Very much appreciate those! Gonna grab them all!

Folks, any experience with this?

wargamevault.com/product/154432/FIRE-TEAM-VIETNAM-Units-the-Vietcong

Quite frankly it caught my attention while I was browsing for Viet-cong organization. Seems like a fun small game, but thought I'd ask here first.

Looks like it could be a fun little game. Never heard of it before though

Painting some taliban. Mini has what appears to be an armour vest. I'm thinking it's most likely a PASGT in woodland, can anyone confirm?

If you take a pic and post it as well, it'd greatly help.

Can't grab a picture at the moment, but he's the middle one at this link.
elhiem.co.uk/ourshop/prod_3236352-TAL03n-Local-Afghan-Insurgents-with-AK47s.html
Pretty sure he's not wearing the shalwar kameez vest like the guy to the right as middle dudes vest appears to be bulkier. If you look at the shoulder there appears to be a noticeable "drop" from the vest to the arm, which isn't on the other guy with the traditional vest.

What do the Saudis have access to?

Goats.

Turn 2:
Quest Battle; On the Road vs Rival Adventurers (Brotherhood of Santiago, Castilian knights)

After lurking in the heavily forested foothills for a week, Daud’s company takes a supposedly forgotten pass up into the heights. The Brotherhood of Santiago spring their trap as our heroes struggle up a narrow defile.

Despite having a numerical advantage, Daud’s company is scattered by charging horsemen and a vicious crossfire of steel-tipped bolts. Daud, Big Ears, Hooked Nose and Reeve make it to safety, Little and Large are taken out of action and Damon routs.

Little is knocked out but quickly recovers, Large receives a minor wound (7 days recovery time). Damon eventually limps back to camp later that night, reducing morale by 1.

Thankfully, the valiant rearguard action fought by the two Orc revenants killed several of the attacking knights, increasing the group’s morale by 1.

During his panicked detour, Damon discovered a switch-back goat trail continuing over the mountains. Travel time is reduced by 6 days, but the trail passes close to the lair of a family of man-eating ogres.

Daud loses his footing while traversing a network of perilous canyons, nearly falling to his death.

Big Ears stumbles across the remains of a human outpost on some forgotten cliff shelf, acquiring a rusty polearm from the dilapidated armoury.

Damon acquires a shirt of mail rings from the same armoury.

Travel time is reduced by a further 2 days. (34 days remaining.)

Despite getting their arse kicked by a superior foe and streaking up the mountain with their tails between their legs, our plucky band is doing pretty good. Morale is down to 2 points, but no serious injuries this time around, plus a short cut across the Pyrenees.

I'd paint the army before getting to the harem.

New Xhosa sculpts from Perry.

>Basing tanks

Absolutely disgusting

Anyone know if they're still planning to make plastic Zulu War British?

Warlord's plastic Zulus are ok but their brits leave a lot to be desired