Warhammer 40k General

Its an Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>List Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Legio_Nivalis
youtube.com/watch?v=mn6i-GgVH30
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FOR THE NIDS

All these new start collecting boxes
Only the eldar one looks like bullshit

Suits them well.

What would be a good color scheme for a Titan Legion from an ice planet? Icy blue and Snow White?

Fire prisms aren't that incredible. It's the jetbikes that are the issue.

BRIGHT RED SO YOUR ENEMIES CAN SEE THEIR DOOM APPROACH.

If you luve in an ice world, don't you want some colours that would make you visible from far away in the snow? Like bright orange?

>Friend sends me a text
>He's ordered his new army
>It includes 120 fucking daemonettes
Jesus christ, he's a madman.

Is anyone in your group a madman, lads?

There is already a titan legion you might like.

Legio Nivalis

>120 fucking daemonettes
Now that's a harem

A guy has two containers for his army. One box has a few medusas, a command squad, and a hand full of commisars. His second bucket is a tub of 500+ green army men

Serious question for DE players, since I've never even seen a DE army before: have you ever won a game? I'm seriously considering starting DE because I love the fluff and models, but I'm too poor to spend money on an army of paper weights for my shelf. So I'd like to actually be able to play them without getting tabled on turn 2 every game. Is this possible?

>120 of the plastic daemonettes

Theres the dude who fields an army of something like 12 BA boxnaughts in pods, who also owns a Warhound which he brings to 2500 point games

So many new Slaaneshi players in the last months. Weird.
Have Slaanesh become popular for some reasons I don't know?

But why?
I rolled a Titan legion and got an ice war world as a home. But what is this Legion you're talking about?

Dark Eldar aren't a terrible army by any means. Venoms and Kabalite Warriors with the occasional Blaster actually works relatively well in most games. You'll still get tabled by cheese-lists, though.

I play Sister of Battle so...

I'm also universally hated cause I play so "shitty" army and regularly kick even Tier1 lists ass. Suddenly SoB are all so much better when you field 6 Exorcists...

He's a fucking madman and it worries me.

Nah he hates the GW ones so he's ordering some 3rd party ones.

Tyranids are also good when you field six Flyrants, who knew

>literal party god
>unpopular
Drop the bass friend

dazzle camo

>Purchasing 120 of any unit in one go
>The shit modern daemonettes of all things.

Friends don't let friends purchase garbage

Oh that's just perfect. Thanks.

Anyone got a link to an official tier-list?

6 Exorcists vs 6 flyrants is a bit different thing. Exorcists are 130pts, flyrants are what, almost 250pts?

nine
fire prisms

Hey newbie here
So far i got the following
All the chaos units from Dark Vengance
10 chaos space marines
5 chaos space marines terminators

Is this beging to look like something?
I was thinking of getting a tank at least.

>ah he hates the GW ones so he's ordering some 3rd party ones.

Okay thank god. i was honestly worried.

But how the fuck is he planning to motivate himself to paint all that? ordering too much in bulk is dangerous. make sure he stays in the game

Remember to give the titan an monocle. Can't give 'em the old razzle dazzle without a monocle.

But fuck if the flyrants arent amazing and way, way more survivable.
And twenty-seven jetbikes and nine jetseers with singing spears?

no idea, but currently i am painting up my exalted seeker chariot. i'm gonna get lazy on this one, i really can't be assed to paint up all these blades by layering. prime, basecoat, wash, done.

believe it or not it's a historical paint job from ww2. if i had tanks i would do them all like that

They aren't a large legion and little fluff exists. So, you can attribute what you rolled to them and apply the name and little history to them.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Legio_Nivalis

Their colour scheme is white and pale blue.

Nah, third party.

His main army is Tyranids (which he also loves to play as a massive FUCK YOU blob) so I won't be too surprised if he paints them all within a month.

about to drop £80 on paints

I'm going to forget some

Slaanesh was always the least popular God, but I swear I've seen more Slaanesh in the last months than Nurgle.

I know Khorne is been overdone and undivided players are getting tired of him, but it not old players I see with Slaanesh. It's fresh blood.

Not that that bothers me. I like Slaanesh, but it's so weird.

before I started, the last tau player who played at my local GW used buzzlight year as a stormsurge

>buzzlight year

buzz lightyear looks better than a stormsurge so I can't fault him

i realized what i did as soon as i hit send

That's the worst feeling you can have on Veeky Forums really

it might be a hipster thing. but wait before you jump down my throat consider this; gw has always liked to use khorne or nurgle as the lead god in anything. hell tzeentch got that mmo

personally i went with slaanesh for speed and rending. also chariots

Why? It's easy to delete and repost

GW is a PG-13 company and Slaanesh is the least PG-13 chaos god of them all

Being on Veeky Forums is already terrible.

If you have 4chanX, you can still see deleted posts.

>covering up your mistakes

I'm a retard, not a pussy

I messed up the tags.

untill you refresh, they int's just the backlink

Yeah but 4chanX updates without refreshing the page. Guess not everyone has it though

It's from WWI. It doesn't work on land because you have lots of reference points.

>correcting your mistakes is bad

No reason to let worthless posts eat bump limits.

God bless
It's Veeky Forums. Every post is worthless

>it might be a hipster thing
Could be

Very true.
GW is making Chaos very cartoon-y villains, while ignoring Slaanesh.
Slaanesh is what it has always been, I can understand how people look may at him and see a reflection of what Chaos used to be.

Anyone got any scratchbuilding guides? Like the ones in old whitedwarves, but doesn't need to be WD ones.

It's a titan, 50 foot tall and it's footsteps are like mortar impacts.

Camo is as useful as on Bloodaxes.

yeah i know, it's gonna suck when they finally get around to redoing slaanesh. i'm betting on excess so fat daemonettes with goblets and wielding bread as weapons. idk, but it's gonna be somebody's fetish

also radar. well he said it was for an ice planet so it'd help in blizzards maybe? but then you can't see much in a blizzard. still cool though

That's not a bad idea.
I'd believe that.
Their name is a lot better than the name I decided for my Titan Legion.

>Is anyone in your group a madman, lads?
I have 100+ CSM troops

Good people. Lore wise, do the skitarii have a mind of their own? Can they think and feel emotions like rage and happiness?
Do they slain in the Omnissiah's name, or are they just programmed toasters?
It's important.

That's alright since my other army is craftworlds and I can be a cheesefag too if it's necessary. I just don't want an army so shitty it's not fun to play. I think I'll buy the box. Thanks for the response.

>I was proud of how many daemonettes I collected in the years
>He has more daemonettes than me

Skitarii aren't completely programmed, though they do possess less of a personality than a Magos they have not undergone a Rite of Pure Thought or analogous process. They slay in the Omnissiah's name and do possess some measure of AdMech-brand righteous zeal within them as they go to war.

"Skitarii creation is a closely kept secret of the Adeptus Mechanicus, but what is clear is that involves heavy cybernetic augmentation to those with a fanatical faith in the Omnissiah. While their bodies are more machine than flesh, they are not true Servitors and still retain independent thought."

How shitty will I be for eunning scions with all assassins as allies?
(terrain heavy tables at my flgs)

If Eldar can't see you in a blizzard, chances are you can sneak up on them in a Titan. Use the roaring when as cover. My Legio is a Scout Legio so being sneaky is my forte.

This is cool. Because I got some of them but it felt just too bad to know that I was playing a robot army. Thanks folks!

They can think for themselves. However, IIRC, the local friendly techpriest can just hit the "Take Over" button and control them directly for maximum efficiency

What's a good way to field honour guard? I'm trying to fit them into a hybrid bike/mech space marine list.
A land raider crusader is the best I can come up with, but it ends up being too many points.

They are only good in Heralds of Ruin Kill Team games.

>Each box of 6 Daemonettes comes with a bombshell, a chubby, a granny, a loli, a futa, and one of indeterminate gender

Aren't honour guards the most point-efficient assault units in the space marine codex?

>To compare, footslogging Vanguard Veterans with power weapons are 24 points a model. For ONE POINT per model more, you get Artificer Armor and the ability to buy a Chapter Banner. Or if you prefer, compared to assault terminators, Honor Guard are ten points cheaper, have a choice of Power Sword, Lance, Axe, or Maul, but don't have an invul or lightning claws. What Honour Guard have over both their competitors, however, is sheer number of attacks. Each model gets two base, plus a third for dual wielding, four on the charge, and five if you grab a Chapter Banner or Standard of the Emperor Ascendant, making Honour Guard excellent at killing an entire enemy unit in a single assault phase.

i was thinking fat daemonettes would fight like this
youtube.com/watch?v=mn6i-GgVH30

6 inch movement and lack of invul kills them. If you are going to use them you have to infiltrate them somehow. Using only their base size of 3 you can stick them almost anywhere and they will still murder most things.

No. Most point-efficient assault unit in SM codex is Smashbane or Smashfucker if you're playing Iron Hands. The rest just dont archive much during the game. And in the end thats the thing that matters most.

Mh. I'm obviously new to the tabletop, so I'd appreciate some advice:
Could you use a 3 man honour guard squad to zone enemy assault squads from your shootyboys or would it be a waste of points to keep them back as bodyguards for your backline?

Need help here. Most players at my Flgs are guard players and run a fuckload of Leman Russ. How can i as a SM player reliably take out AV14 while still having some points left over for anti infantry units? we play at 1850pts and i run Iron Hands.

Triple las predators

You have access to alot of tools. Starting with melta and/or grav would be the obvious course of action. Drop pods are prob a good idea.

Only if you put them in a land raider.

Honor Guard arent in HoR. You can take Sternguard and Vanguard Veterans, not sure if thats the same thing or not as I dont play Space Marines.

I recently gained interest in 40k having last played it around 2003,really interested in Dark eldar and Harlequins. Harlequins dont have as many toys but I love the fluff and look of them. I know I can play them together but how long before Harlequins get more stuff? Figure I can start DE and peice space clowns together over time.

Wait at least one week before buying any 'quins, just in case they get a Start Collecting box up for preorder next week.

Cool thanks man. Hope it would look better than the Craftworld one!

Depends on what is assaulting them. If it is a horde that they're up against they will do fine. Anything with an invul save will probably kill them.

Like Assault Terminators will kill them, so will Thunderwolf Calvary, and any assault-oriented MC (Dreadknight). Most Daemons will be hurting them as well.

So you need to think of them as bully units. You don't use them to go head to head against an enemy, you use them to sucker punch them somewhere. The only exception is if you have a Chapter Master with Shield Eternal with them, because he can tank all the wounds then.

It'll probably be a troupe, a HQ but in the wrong slot and either bikes or a transport/heavy support.

Checked. That sounds like a pretty decent start then.

Mh. what's the best way to suckerpunch enemies when your guys move 6" per turn+running? I haven't really done any infiltrating or outflanking in my games yet.

Assault isn't a good way to sucker punch people because there are a million things that prohibit charging but allow shooting. Outflanking or deepstriking is a good way to sucker punch with shooting.

For melee it would have to be psychic powers, space marines get some good ones that allow a unit to suddenly cross the map and assault in their angels of death book.

Pretty much none outside of decent assault trasports. And there arent many of those in this game, sadly.

Definitely heavy support. Predator/Havocs/Oblits..

I got 10 guardians with warlock, a farseer, 10 dire avengers, a wraithlord and fire prism. What should I buy to expand? i like the idea of using infantry

How do you fancy kicking your enemies’ teef right in, boss? How about a turn-two charge featuring over thirty Ork Boys getting right up in your opponent’s dismayed face before they have time to react? Sounds pretty good to us. With this bundle, unless your dice are afflicted by a terrible curse, you’ll be able to close in on pretty much anything on a gameboard. It’s fast, it’s dirty and it’s gleeful – pure Ork goodness.

This bundle contains 3 Deff Roller Battlewagons and 3 sets of Ork Boyz, designed to tear across the table as fast as possible and smash faces. You’ll have a lot of fun with it...

predators and vindicators are both reasonable choices

a rhino for your marines wouldn't be out of place

Alright, thanks guys.
Waagh at any cost?

I have been considering running a gaggle of Eversors in my list as a replacement for my two knights. Stormtroopers are all about surgically removing the opponent's ability to fight back, and eversor assassins distract the enemy and eat mobs of light infantry.

>120 of those terrible models
WHY?

Not that user but I don't really hate those models. I can't actually get why people hate them so much. Is it the lack of nipples? Or the twisted faces that distort their looks with a jealous rage?

collecting 120 of the diaz deamonettes would be rather costly

As someone who collects Sisters it's be heavy too.