Map Thread

Map thread!

Post your maps here, discuss art styles, or whatever floats your boat.

While I'm at it I'll throw you a question: for my upcoming online campaign, due it being heavy on exploration and some heavy shenanigans, I would need to find some program that would allow me to make a map easily and update it often.
I tried Hexographer, but I had mixed results with it so far.
Any other suggestions?
Bonus points if the players could edit it too with notes and whatnot.

Also, incoming small maps dump.

Inkarnate, the free online map creator

Use Maptools maybe?

what program is that?

discard me being a total idiot

im sorry all

Map from last year's D&D game.
Made in Photoshop.

I love this. Simple yet functional.

So I'm on the fence about local/dungeon maps...do you guys like the classic top down grid or isometric maps?
I am falling in love with the look of isometric, but at the same time, outdoor iso tends to look like something out of FF Tactics, or RPG Maker...

I'm drawing up a map of a dried up, dying world. Would dead forests last a while or do I need to petrify them?

technically, a tree would take at least a couple of centuries or so before biodegrading completely away.
So depends on the timeline, and also if there might be magic involved in it. if it was due necromancy effects, it could easily explain why they manage to keep existing there.

did you just take a map of the area around Greece and flipped it turnways?

Like this guy said, I recommend MapTools. You can take premade maps with grids and throw them right into your game as a background image and have everyone play with tokens, or actually design your own maps from a sort of MS Paint style editor that allows you to paint with textures and stuff. It also has a bunch of other inbuilt systems like a lighting system that allows you to simulate players being blind as shit when they go into a dark cave, really useful text systems that allow you to impersonate NPCs at-will and do complex dice rolls, as well as there being support for custom game rules. I think all of 3.5e was successfully implemented, for example.

A work in progress map for the world I'm building atm

Fonts used?

That really has the random cloud pattern look. I'd suggest designing base continents per hand.

Early version of a map I'm working on. Basically the "old world" in a generic fantasy setting we've been running for a while. It's been referenced a few time by NPCs as the once great motherland of all the major races except Orcs.

There's some foul Lovecraftian fuckery afoot there and the party are off to investigate and likely get murdered.

>kingdom of Bolska, with crowned eagle, next to
>GD of Lychonia
>Abyssid Empire
I see what you did there... Much historical inspiration, map itself looks like mirrored Europe.
Still nice map.

You got me. My problem is that they get too regular when I design them myself, if you know what I mean. Do you have any advice?

You could montage together your random shapes. Or use AutoRealm for the outlines.

At that point just mapping dynamically as the game goes has vastly more character.

I tried generating a lot of shapes, choosing the ones I found most pleasing looking and assembled them into what I've got now but that doesn't seem to quite cut it, huh?

Checking out AutoRealm now

Grammar is not your enemy, stranger.

Autorealm seems to really help. Thanks for the suggestion

Fette Trump-Deutsch
1543HumaneJenson
Benegraphic

You figured it out.

And here is the close up of the Pirate game of the D&D game I hopefully will run soon.

A different map for a Furry FATE game I ran recently.

My homebrew world that my players have been playing in for about 4 years. Slowly add to it as I expand the lore and the players affect things.

Anyone know software (preferably free) to make a 50's style city map?