Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Let's All Get Along Edition
Boxy Grandpa, when I grow up I want to be an Imperator Titan Sub-Edition
In the last thread something slightly stupid happened, new FW dice, treacherous paints betrayed user, a RGfag got tips, the square cube law rule is unfair, make your own RoW, we had to explain why Perturabo hates his robots, beep beep boop boop beep(!), boop boop beep boop, Curzefag owes us a pair of NL panties and much more in the old bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Titan_Legion_Creation_Tables
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for the VII IX and V

first for Beepus Boopius

Third for surrounding traitors and FREEDOM.

>the ultramarines only had like 50k marines at the most though
That's a lot by the end of the siege!

Post-heresy chapters have 1,000 marines in companies, but it seems that drivers/techmarines, apothecaries, fleet crew, recruiters, etc. don’t count. They might have up to 1,500 actual marines, maybe more in the early days. That works with the Ultramarines having about 50k and splitting into 20-30 chapters. The healthier legions split into 4-7 successors, and a few like the Salamanders and Space Wolves had 0-1 successors (granted, the SW probably have ~3,000 marines).

1d4chan.org/wiki/Titan_Legion_Creation_Tables
We should roll up a Titan. Also what is a Nemesis and Nightgaunt Titan?

>That's a lot by the end of the siege!
not compared the the traitors. not that it matters, they wouldve destroyed the golden throne. once the golden throne is destroyed it doesnt matter if you threw a million marines at them, because youd be fighting infinite demons and probably even fully manifested chaos gods themselves.

>when I grow up I want to be an Imperator Titan Sub-Edition
?

Also, I just noticed that the Alpha Legionnaire on the OP pic has an omega symbol on his chest.

Rolled 31 (1d100)

A nemesis is an Imperator without the castle.
Also, is this going to be the Titan that rolls with the League?

In the original Adeptus Titanicus game, every titan was a Warlord titan. Different weapons combinations each had their own class name, like Nemesis or Nightgaunt. Some had more weapons than others; I think the Nemesis was better armed than most. I don’t remember the exact loadouts.

Yes it is. And we're a warhound legion. Roll for the first and lead titans.
Is the Nemesis the psyker one?

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Wait, are we rolling a titan legio or just one?

The whole Legio. We'll make one Titan to be in the League. We're a Nightgaunt?

Rolled 14 (1d20)

That means fast and choppy.

Oh. And it's a d100 you're suppose to roll on.

Rolled 52 (1d100)

>This Engine was at the forefront of a glorious crusade deep into uncharted regions, defeating countless foes and bringing an entire sector back into the light of the God-Emperor.
To go where no Titan has gone before and to murder everything that isn't human in it.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Sounds like a good plan.

We live on a datahive.
>Datahive - Extremely rare and nigh-legendary, a datahive is a Forge World devoted entirely to the collection and analyzation of data. On those rare occasions when a Titan Legio is established upon a datahive, they are invariably equipped with immense and comprehensive databases on the foes of mankind from those long-dead tomes
Bring out the Ninja Cards!

Rolled 2 (1d10)

The Emperor christened us. Bring out the space wine. And none of that cheap space vodka.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

>Not drinking the Space Vodka

I'm not a Vostrayan. And we're half strength.

Rolled 3, 3, 8 = 14 (3d10)

Deeds, Trophies and Failures

>Destroyer of Daemons - This Legio has laid low a Daemonically Possessed Titan of one of the Traitor Titan Legios.
Suffer not the dinobot to live!
>3
That be the Cadian Gate. I guess that can be our Legio's future.
>8
>Vainglorious Pride - The Legio's stubbornness caused the failure of a great battle, costing the Imperium dearly in doing so.
Pride before the fall.

Rolled 4 (1d15)

So we chased the Traitors during the scouring from Terra to the Eye of Terror, and haven't moved in 10,000 years

We need a color scheme. I'm thinking a peppermint color.
>Spiritless Servants - Crews exclusively servitors, save for the princeps.
That seems rather dull though. But I guess a Priceps doesn't need conversation save the Titan.

Rolled 12 (1d15)

Allies

We're friends with the men and women in pimpin' hats. Or rather the Knight Errants/Malcador in this time period.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Traitor IA. Maybe we should do some fluffing for them when we get done.

Rolled 4 (1d15)

>Electro-Shadow - There is no such thing as being too large and visible to lay an ambush.
With our not!Ninja Cards we know every weakness, and how to be sneaky beakies within Titans.

Alright, just got up from my nap and started up some spaghetti, should be ready a little after my husband gets home.

What did I miss?

Nothing much, Mama user. We rolled up a Titan Legion.

Alright, doesn't sound bad to me.

Now we just have to roll up the Traitor Guard. This being 30k just leave out all of their 40k options and include 30k options. 1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables
Guys, you can do that right? Just use IG for count as IA?

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Rolling!

If you use IA rules then you've got relatively elite, well-equipped (void-ready) IG.

If you want rabble, use the Militia rules.

We're a true regiment.
Well we are a true regiment. We ain't no rabble.

This, I use Militia rules for my guardsmen and Scions.

Scions because Survivors Provenance means that they're all wearing power armor.

Let's roll for our traitors' demographic,

How does this rolling stuff work? Along with filename threads, it's something I've never understood despite spending way too much time here.

I vote for void-hardened rough riders.

Rolled 64 (1d100)

You go on the table on te 1d4chan page and roll on the appropriate chart.

The user who's been saying to roll hasn't been posting the die needed.

You put dice+ the number of dice and faces in the options bar, and check the tables such as this 1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables

We're firstborn. Maybe we're traitor Vostrayans who sided with Horus for premium quality space Vodka.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

To appease the anons who won't stand for violations of the lore, no matter how small, we can't be Vostroyans as they formed the Vostroyan First-Born as punishment/redemption for staying out of the Heresy and remaining neutral.

Also, say what to roll for and the die mext time, it's annoying to have to go back and forth.

Sorry. I forgot that. I did think of Space Mediterraneans who use space Vodka as an (addictive) combat drug. Roll for homeworld.

Rolled 1, 37 = 38 (2d100)

Mate, you also meed to say what die we meed to use as well, you idiot.

Rolling for both homeworld and terrain to save post space.

Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d10)

Mate. You really can't be this stupid.

Hive and desert. Roll d100 for core units.

Vodka's not from the Mediterranean. Wine and stronger grape-based drinks are (brandy, grappa), and a bunch of herbal or anise-flavored liqueurs.

If they'd managed to kill Guilliman, it's more likely the UM would have gone with Sanguinus back to Terra instead of sitting in their own little empire. Horus didn't want that one bit.

Rolled 20 (1d100)

Rolled for specialization and loyalty.

Just kill me already. Just take a bullet and end my life already. I'm through with my own stupidity.
Oh. My mistake then.
We're infantry. From the other rolls we're overzealous(for Horus) and we're drilled and disciplined. Roll a d100 for our special equipment.

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Exotic mounts? Looks like that user is getting his rough riders. Roll a d100 for our regimental creed.

Say one nice thing about your least favorite primarch.

>Lion has pretty hair

Rolled 64 (1d100)

Would you say that these rough riders might be... Busty?

Curze has nice bats.

I guess.

Lorgar doesn't want to see Angron hurt.

At least Lorgar made some stylish units. Diablosists are awesome.
>For Horus!
>Would you say that these rough riders might be... Busty?
Yeah sure. The Space Wine makes every woman and man grow cowtits. I'm talking about K cups. Roll 1d100 for regimental relations.

shit i hate so many of them.

at least girlyman was good at counting beans.

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Guilliman was a pretty cool dude, honestly.

The men too? Slaanesh worshippers then. Not my cup of tea, might I tell you.

We're friends with the Mechanicum. Obviously to give us bionic backs to handle the wine induced cowtits.
>The men too? Slaanesh worshippers then. Not my cup of tea, might I tell you.
At least we know how we fell to Chaos. Roll a d100 for our enemies.

>Tfw no months-early leaks of the next HH plastic box set

I NEED SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO DAMN IT

Rolled 22 (1d100)

There's the new Titanicus game.
We hate Orks who punch our squishy bits.

>Say one nice thing about your least favorite primarch.
His treachery led to the creation of Zardu's awesome model? No srsly, what's good about either Lorgar or the WB?
I still see the Ashen Circle as the Imperial Heralds.

Yo off work, time to get my feud on.
Where did we leave off?

Curze was smart enough to kill himself

Yeah... conveniently resized so all the older, and more specifically 3rd party, epic stuff people have been using to keep alive the game THEY abandoned, will be useless.
But wait let's all go back to slopping on dat FW cock yumyumyumyumyum.

Were it not for Kor Phaeron and Erebus, they would have remained loyal, and ther heresy would never have happened.

Plus, Lorgar is cool. He just wanted to worship the Emperor like a sensible person.

Mortarion understood how much of a dick the emperor was

You should follow his lead.

HHHUHHH HHHUHHH HHHUHHH
IT BEGINS AGAIN

Zing!
Gave me a chuckle

Fuck Erebus

Just how big is the new stuff?

Emps shouldn't have been so drastic when punishing Lorgar, but also he had the two top dickheads of the setting as personal advisors. Worst of all, he actually listened to them instead of punching their heads off like the Lion, so he's still at fault.
I must remind you: not even 40k marines adore the Emperor, unless your motto is "Pray, Kill, Burn!"

its 8mm instead of 6mm, just as an extra fuck you to anybody who actually played epic

But remember that Kor Phaeron was Lorgar's adopted dad, he was raised by him and everything, which is one of the reasons he listened to him so closely was because he trusted him.

Khan has sweet facial hair.

> I must remind you: not even 40k marines adore the Emperor, unless your motto is "Pray, Kill, Burn!"

I think the word you're looking for is "worship," since any marine in 40k who doesn't adore the Emperor gets pretty swiftly shuffled onto the Excommunicate Traitoris 'to kill' list.

Even then, your point is moot because there are loads of canonical examples of Space Marine chapters worshipping the Emperor as a god. Get stuffed Truthshitters.

He brought order to space-Gotham

That's pretty bad. I don't know what the deal is with everything needing to be bigger. I suspect that Imperator Titans will be Great Dane sized.

I'm more upset over the tanks/infantry being rescaled (if they do them) than the titans. There were already disputes over titan scales, because the originals were smaller than 6mm and the forumware (Imperial/Chaos only) were truescale 6mm.

GW's Epic flyers were underscale too, and FW's weren't. Shrinkign them is actually pretty common in army-scale games (deliberately), so that airplanes look smaller to simulate being high up and very large vehicles/titans don't take up too much space on the board. In Flames of War, planes are 1/144 while everything else is 1/100.

It was also about cost and metal casting abilities back during the early '90s. An old metal Warlord is 2 3/4" tall (70mm) and was originally US$30 ($45 by the end of Epic's run). The new truescale 8mm Warlord will be 6" tall. If it's as tall as an 40k knight, won't it cost just as much?

The game rules will have to be really good for me to give up my old collection and get into the new stuff.

Just enough to where all the old stuff will look and feel DISTINCTLY out of place.
And as they already admitted, they are simply resizing shit on CAD. They know they could make it the same size as the old shit.
This is a money grab and a nice fuck you all wrapped in one.

The answer is 'yes, it will cost as much as a knight now buy three or five for a mid sized game'.
They have tested the waters and mapped every fucking shoal on this. They know they can get people to pay for it, just like they know making the game this size ensures the 3rd party guys can't compete.

I'm sorry I got off in a sperg they new 'Adeptus Titanius' shit still stings
Did anyone get a good game in this weekend?
I played my Ironwing against a buddies 3 land raider Company of the Great Wulf SW.
Had an awesome match, ended in a draw. I was just happy I didn't give him Coven of Death.

Had he done his homework he would have discovered the incongruency of having the Imperial Heralds, THE Iconoclast legion, take advice from a high priest.
Yeah, he was his dad and all, but his duties came first.
Yeah, "worship" is the word.

Alright, I'm back. Dinner was nice, and I'm just glad I can cook more often for the both of us now.

Didn't the entire legion start worshipping the Emperor as fervently as Lorgar and the high priests?

How do you pronounce anathame?

ANN-uh-thame
uh-NAH-thumb-ee

Yes. This was wrong.
I pronounce it "anathame", pretty much like "anathema". Without either "ee" or "hey" sounds.

I saw a rainbow. Should I have mugged the leprechaun for his gold to pay for FW minis?
>I played my Ironwing
They're the tanky DAs right?

I suppose so, but I like it. Sort of like a funny irony there.

Maybe I should be more specific, because in spanish most things are pronounced the same way they're written.
Ana like Anabelle
Tha like in than (which you shouldn't mistake with "then")
Me like "meh".
A waste of mankind's promise :'^(

I wonder what the guy on the right thought when he decided to chose that as his new outfit.

An-mah-thame.

Well, I can't argue that. But I do love their color scheme.