Does Veeky Forums have a favorite related anime?

Does Veeky Forums have a favorite related anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPUzXaf04tI
youtube.com/watch?v=s_p3V78PL5k
rpggeek.com/rpg/16767/clover
tao-games.com/clover/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not really my favorite anime, though I like it a lot, but I think the tower of druaga is very Veeky Forums related, though pretty japanese when it comes to the rpg related things.
Just have a look at these openings and the great J-Ska
youtube.com/watch?v=lPUzXaf04tI

>J-ska

Record of Lodoss War is pretty cool.

Wasn't Slayers based on a D&D campaign? I would kill to have a set of totally not Slayers minis.

Fullmetal Alchemist is a pretty great industrial fantasy anime with a good magic system.

All of them. I delight in stealthily inserting anime references into my games and characters, right under the noses of my anime-hating group.

In specific titles, then SDF Macross and Dougram, for being good in their own right and for having their mecha designs lifted by Battletech.

Queen's Blade

Rune Soldier was clearly written by someone who played too much D&D.

Probably Berserk. Legend of the Galactic Heroes seems pretty popular on here as well.

Slayers was my favorite anime for years. I still love it. Amelia was my first anime crush, and my first fictional crush after Fire Eyes from Secret of Evermore.

youtube.com/watch?v=s_p3V78PL5k

While Takahashi took liberties with a lot of his Real Robot series, I always liked how the protagonists in the show legitimately look and act like soldiers. I, myself, am working on a campaign that combines the aesthetics of Gasaraki with the paranormal aspects of F.E.A.R.

Vision of Escaflowne

I really fucking wish gasaraki had spent a little more time with the robots before going full paranormal.

It's close to being my favorite mech show ever.

Amelia is the right way to play LG, good taste user.

>Veeky Forums is a person

You could literally say any anime is Veeky Forums, because you can roleplay anything, you retarded mongoloid. 90% of the anime any Veeky Forums nerd will find entertaining is probably shitty anyway, just look at the """stories""" in the RPG's they already play. I get that you just wanted a recommendation thread, so why not just go over to /a/ or /m/, or dare I even say the actual request board?

I don't think it's Veeky Forums's favorite by any stretch, but it sure feels like it would make a fun setting for a PNP game.

>You could literally say any anime is Veeky Forums, because you can roleplay anything

What system would you use for Yotsuba to?

Mutants and Masterminds.

...GURPS?

I don't know about Veeky Forums but's /a/'s is totally Outbreak Company.

It's not an anime, but Veeky Forums seems to have a love-hate relationship with Dungeon Meshi depending on who are on and shit posting at the time.

As far anime, Overlord tends to make part of Veeky Forums content, and another part of Veeky Forums writhe in rage due to it being another 'Trapped in a game/transported to another world' troped anime/manga/light novel.

That's like the easiest way to rob it of the warmth and wonder of the series.

Berserk

Everyone is John

John is Yotsuba

Duh, "Clover". RPG made by Cel*Style.

It's pretty much "Yotsuba: the RPG"

Kek.

rpggeek.com/rpg/16767/clover

I don't think Cel*Style exists anymore. Which is a shame

Okay, fine.

How would you be able to run a Glass Mask game?

Judging from that image? Car Lesbians.

It makes me so sad reading about how the breakup of the author's D&D group is what inspired him to write it.

Don't believe anybody on Veeky Forums who tries to tell you Dungeon Meshi is shit, they don't belong here.

>Make a character you're heavily invested in, really looking forward to roleplaying. Really enthusiastic about the game the GM is pitching. Read and learn an entirely new system for it.
>Shelved by the GM after one session.

Good games breaking up is like your favorite TV show getting cancelled, you're filled with nothing but disappointment and wonder on what would have happened to the characters.

That's why I called it 'shit posting'. I absolutely adore Dungeon Meshi.

No.

Veeky Forums unlike most of Veeky Forums actually has people which strongly dislike anime on it. There are plenty of people here that still do enjoy anime, but there is an striking large Veeky Forums-population which shuns it completely.

So: "No", the answer is no OP.

I like Slayers (all of it), Full Metal, and Louie the Rune Soldier-
But my favorite is FLCL.

guess

Ghost in the Shell is my vote.

>Veeky Forums unlike most of Veeky Forums actually has people which strongly dislike anime on it.

You mean there's four faggots.
Basically, that's it. There's four faggots that have taken root, and they need to always complain about the two things that set them off: D&D and anime.

Why they are here is a mystery, but the general rule is to ignore them.
Also, do us a favor, and fuck off already.

>people liking Rune Soldier Louie

Really? It's incredibly bad from every measurable aspect. The only value it has is Genie and her sword, and even that's not a whole lot.

There's people like that on every board

back in my day we called them 'newfags'

Needs more Chaika

Pretty fun fantasy adventure series except for the lackluster ending and below average animation quality as it neared the end

Honestly I've had trouble getting into new anime series this decade. When I was young I really enjoyed the stuff YTV and Teletoon had like Evangelion, Escaflowne, Cybersix, and Wolf's Rain. I tried watching some newer stuff like Iron-Blooded Orphans which had great production and I should have liked it but it just failed to resonate with me like it used to.

Overlord sets itself apart by the virtual world entrapment being intentional. Read the LN for more on the life in Overlord's reality. It's basically Cyberpunk 2020 on goddamn steroids.

You're getting older. It happens to all of us.

It's not just you. Anime seems to be in a decline these past few years. I blame the moeshit epidemic.

Favorite has to go to Slayers, followed closely by Lodoss. Did have a Dark Heresy game basically turn into Akira though.

There's still plenty of great series, it's just that we're no longer teenagers and there's less series that target older demographics.

All that really means is that we have a chance to look back into the catalog and see some of the older series that we may have skipped over.

Record of Lodoss War is what you want your D&D game to be.
Slayers is what your D&D game ends up as.

>Record of Lodoss War is what you want your D&D game to be.
Boring?
>Slayers is what your D&D game ends up as.
I wish the people I played with were that funny.

>no Log Horizon mention in thread

I am disappointed in you, Veeky Forums. I expect better.

It's the only show I know of to treat the whole premise of "trapped in an RPG world" seriously and with respect. Granted, it gets a bit slow in the second season DEEEEEEEN!!, but it's still one of the most intriguing executions of the concept I've seen yet.

All the food for thought you can get out of this show keeps me occupied for days, easily.

This Monster Rancher and .Hack are the only "trapped in vidya" I get any pleasure out of.

Unless Digimon count's as being trapped in a vidya.

>It's the only show I know of to treat the whole premise of "trapped in an RPG world" seriously and with respect.

Zegapain also did a fantastic job, though the video game combat was mech warfare rather than fantasy.

Also, both series have one of my favorite voice actresses.

Hm would this fit on the Veeky Forums animu list?
The plot with treasure filled dungeons, shadowy evil organizations, and magic items seems right out of a campaign.
And i for one would play the FUCK out of Morgiana as a monk.

You can still get it directly from Ben Lehman, though.
tao-games.com/clover/

Waiiiiiiit a second, that guy's made games other than Bliss Stage?
Are those any good?

No, it's based on a novel.
Lodoss was a D&D game

It is written by the same guy that did Lodoss so yes.

The Twelve Kingdoms

Grimgar I think was mentioned on /a/ a few times.
Seen a few webbums

looks cool. havent watched any or read the books, but its definitly on my list behind Lodoss War and Overlord

>No, it's based on a novel
Which was based off of the author's DnD games.

ZZZAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKUUUUUUUU

MAID?

Outlaw Star - rogue trader the anime.

Also Bastard!!

Needs more robowhores though.

Last Exile

Dieselpunk, airships, aerial battles between battalions of musketeers

Have you priced those lately? Gene's not made of money, get off his back!

>A Rogue Trader
>Not being made of money

Yeah, come on. I love Outlaw Star, but it's not Rogue Trader. That one show about schoolgirl Space Pirates was a better fit.

Record of Lodoss War.

That's about it, really.

Is it any good?

It's Lodoss if Lodoss didn't take itself as seriously. I think they're even set in the same world, with Rune Soldier taking place on the continent that the island of Lodoss used to be a part of.

Aha.
Well, sound skinf of hit and miss for my tastes.
I did like the overly dramatic tone in Lodoss.

*kind of

I'm a retard

It has it's serious moments, but overall it's lighter because it doesn't take place during a war.

Weren't there a few other series that took place in the same world, now that you mention it?

>2 hereteks and a corsair steal an experimental voidship from a Rogue Trader's clandestine asteroid base.

it checks out.

>Needs more robowhores though.

the voidship is powered by a robowhore of the finest quality

>it checks out.

Honestly beyond 'Spaceships' there isn't really anything Rogue Trader about it.

>Dragon Slayer
If I could fucking FIND it anywhere I'd crank that all day.

Also a list that has Amon Saga needs Heroic Legend of Arslan

derp, I missed it

It's Lodoss if it was a poorly written harem anime.

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis. Way better than it should be given it's source is an online ccg.

My personal favourite

Would play it in GURPS as a mafia game

El-Hazard: The Magnificent World.

It has a great Arabian Nights style fantasy world that blends magic and technology. A world of ancient superweapons, shapeshifting assassins, beautiful priestesses, and giant bugs. Avoid the sequels.

I thought Lodoss was like watching paint dry.

Arslan Senki is awful though.

The series "Mushishi" and most anything Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli have done get my vote.

Legend of Crystania is I believe.

Fuck yeah, Orphen.
Shame the second season sucked dick.

This really needs updating.
Also a scifi version wouldn't hurt.

>Veeky Forums unlike most of Veeky Forums actually has people which strongly dislike anime on it. There are plenty of people here that still do enjoy anime, but there is an striking large Veeky Forums-population which shuns it completely.

Several days ago there a thread going from one board to another about that board's favourite animes. From what I saw, Veeky Forums was one of the more anime-accepting boards.

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about.

Slightly less known, but: Sunabozu/Desert Punk

Or, "A Day in the Life of a Murderhobo: Booze, Boobs, and Bullets"

Onimu is shit, but i like evangelion and it even somehow related. I hope to play chtulhutech one day.

>lvl 1 character campaign

Any anime that's like low fantasy sword and sorcery with epic adventures and shit, gritty but not depressing, with heroic but not perfect characters and a bit less of the whole "saving the world" thing?

Like Conan or Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, but as an anime.

Closest thing I can think of is Samurai Champloo.

The opening and the first episode are the only things I liked about the entire run of the show. It wasn't awful, specially the setting, but the execution fell flat for me.

>This really needs updating.
Like maybe five or six good anime have come out in nearly 10 years. It can't be that outdated.

There's a lot on there that are either in the wrong categories or really shouldn't be on there.

It also shouldn't be called "Veeky Forums approved" as if anyone voted on this stuff. It should be labelled as "one guy trying to speak for many people's approved fantasy anime."

It's a quick reference list based on all the series that were usually posted in threads like this.

Berserk