Warmachines & Hordes General

> Skornergy Edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata:
> WE MK3 BOYS
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

New to Mercs, thoughts?

Needs more Savio

You mean mini-Ashlynn? What for?

for the purpose of being SAVIO MONTERO ACOSTA

Is there a comprehensive list of all the rules changes from Mk 2 to Mk 3? Friends want to play tomorrow but I don't think I'll have time to read the new Prime between work and game night.

There's some videos on YouTube that go through all the changes. On phone, otherwise I'd link them.

-Boomhowlers are garbage. GARBAGE!
-Needs Savio.
-Needs a Freebooter or Mariner so she doesn't insta-die when someone inevitably engineers a knockdown. Or you could wait for Gibbs to solve the problem.

Hey I was considering getting into coc for the new edition, I hear syntherion and lucant are still great, but how is axis in the new Meta without his teir list and the changes to rezing models? Is he still viable?

>Vyros1 pops Mobility
>Sphinx blazes up and tags a babysitting light jack
>Mittens drag it all the way to my front lines for disposal while clearing a lane for my Sentinels to bumrush and engage their caster
I think I picked the right faction.

Vyros got assassinated immediately afterwards because I left a quarter-inch gap between my Aspis and a wall, but it's a learning experience

>GARBAGE

Cacaphony is good

GARBAGE

If you can deliver it, which you can't except maybe with MacBAIN!!! because the unit is now SPD5 and 12/15, which is fucking garbage.

>Skornergy Edition

You know, given that Skorne's biggest characteristic is sadomasochistic suffering, you'd think that the players that chose the faction would learn to enjoy the pain.

I truly think that we need only to learn to love the pain.

What would you propose to replace Boomhowler as a tarpit? And I don't personally think Savio is that good. He gets crumped pretty easily, delivery doesn't seem easy.

Gibbs is on my buy-list.

who's the best at running a minuteman and why?

in caster battlegroup?
with a jr, or marshalled?

just buyed me one, as it looks to be potentially more output and fun than a charger at the same cost.

and

الله أكبر

No you may not blow up your FLGS

Here I go senpaitachi.

Minutemen are for kebab removal, you aren't allowed to use them.

Try Protectorate, their new battlebox caster is probably right up your alley what with the whole "murdering helpless innocent civilians" bit.

>playing makeda1 and molik karn

Mk3 Makeda1 can let Incindiarii walk 9" and shoot, which they can't do in Mk2.

They could in MK2. With Mak2. And in MK3 they can still do it at 8".

great, that'll stop all those jack bricks and control casters.

plus they already could walk that far, with mak2. Except she could actually get them disengaged with her FS immune feat if she wanted them to shoot on a turn when they'd been jammed up

>Jamming up infantry
The Lash ;^)

i think the brute is a bit redundant since she gives her battle group shield guard, but otherwise i like em. good luck

She doesn't give her battlegroup shield guard because that spell is fucking awful and you should never use it.

Theres a thread on the PP forums that lists all the changes. There aren't any major ones besides the ones we were told months ago.

Is this the same guy that thought a single unit of incindiarii with no buffs or synergies would clear all the infantry in the table?

I see you included the minimum 25 points of support, too.

its not a skorne list without so much support the list is bloated all to hell and then gets annihilated off the table

is it a bug in war room that i can't add a blackhide wrastler to wrong eye's battlegroup? or in mk3 is he limited to just snapjaw in non minion lists?

I think that's a bug, yeah.

>Gunlinin' it up
>Because fuck you

Anywhere for the legion and ret cards that arent the garbage and overpriced app?

Either go for the leak or wait for WHAC.

this fuck off pedophile warlord worshiping moron.
Ret player here I'm honestly pumped to try out our new starter that's in the starter box.

Also I wonder when that marksmen house and cav house will appear for Ret

Can anyone who bought Prime confirm the point cost of the Knights Exemplar command attachment? I heard that it was 3 but it's showing up as 5 in warroom

Rolled 1 (1d2)

1. Menoth
2. Trollbloods

Praise the Creator!

You will be happier this way as well.

why

>try out our new caster

Planning to go through the pdfs & dump fluff for the setting into the Lore Lexicanum. Unemployed so I don't have much to do in between job applications.

You're doing Menoth's work, user.

Just got to wait for the "yeah you edit stuff on the site" approval email.

>You're no longer tough when downed
>Delicious troll tears everywhere

Just pushing once again that I put up the old comics and I will put up new stuff on skreeonkanon.tumblr.com periodically.

Always taking suggestions on comics, since I barely know any interesting fluff or rules outside Cryx

It is indeed 5.

There is no god above Menoth.
There is no labor unendurable in the name of Menoth.
There is no pain unendurable in the name of Menoth.
There is no fear unassailable with faith in Menoth.
There is no object that cannot be given up for Menoth.
There is no word other than the Word of Menoth.
There is no end. There is a place for us all at the feet of Menoth.

Druids of Orboros losing the ability to pull people closer, now only able to push them away.

so if i'm hearing this rumour correctly, apparantly an infernal is checking, but has ruled that currently rules as written eCaine can elect to have the pow 10 trick shot hit his original target as it counts as a model within 4" in prime rules.

so when going for the assassination or just in general if he wants to spam a shit ton of pow 10 double taps, hes completely in his power to do so

5 is simply ridiculous. That's half the cost of the entire unit

Bout doubles/triples its killing potential with Overtake (move 11" after a kill), Overtake (make another attack after a kill), and the Divine Inspiration (add extra dice and drop lowest) on a weaponmaster unit.

Run them with the right casters and they'll be absolutely bonkers.

>Ashlynn feat makes him extremely hard to hit
>savior attacks back when he's missed with an attack

Wew

He any good in cygnar?

This is the list o mine:

Its a stylish list with Harchevich.

The idea is that the Kodiaks lay out Steam Clouds and reposition back, creating solid walls of clouds that protects the infantry. In a pinch they can also run with mobility and fry infantry.

Rifles either shoot infantry or charge in a pinch, Field Gun knocks stuff down to aid Destroyers.

The many Destroyers weaken stuff with many bombard shots. Free focus is used for Boosting damage or accuracy as needed. The amount of movement shenanigans at least ensures an alpha. Even if its not a killer, Kodiaks can at least throw their problems away.

Feat Armor means they can survive most counter retaliation, Mechanics hopefully ensure perfect working order.

Its more style over super optimization, but any general suggestions?

If he actually counted as a stormblade he would be an excellent baby sitter for a stormclad, otherwise he's a solid combat solo.

He does have a legit ranged assassination threat under 3Nemo and with the help of a firefly

I wish there was art of Julius

That way we could have "Don't talk to me or my Kings son ever again"

And by legit I mean gimmicky as shit and dependent on getting an avenger KD.

Linebreaker scenario either proves that PP is stupid or evil
They do not know how to design the game or they intentionally make shit

SPD5 and 12/15 is extremely good, the best infantry unit in the game, Bane Thralls, had those stats and they dominated the game in MK2. You're just a cryxbabby who never took off the training wheels. This is what the game is like for the rest of us.

The holocaust is a lie and Israel did 9/11.

Explain?

It is gunline fever dream
Unless you bring the right skew, you will lose to any kiting gunline

Amazing.

Incase you haven't seen it.
Imagine that with cygnar gunline

Prepare yourself

Captain Gunnbjorn - WB: +28
- Trollkin Runebearer - PC: 4
- Dire Troll Bomber - PC: 19
- Dire Troll Bomber - PC: 19
- Mountain King - PC: 8

Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3
Dhunian Knot - Leader & 2 Grunts: 6
Northkin Fire Eaters - Leader, Trollkin Grunt, and Pyg Grunt: 7

Or any gunline, really. That's disgusting. Hopefully the increased amount of terrain in MK3 will help, if the gap between the two armies is crammed with forests or something.

>Terrain
I've been playing with the beta test version for five months now. It doesn't

I continue to be baffled as to why they kept this scenario when we all told them it was horrible

Fucking around with Skorne stuff. Have everything but the chef and Rhadeim, pondering just heaving up cannonballs behind eMak's cetrati wall.

>Playing Skorne

As a Trollblood player I'm honestly not upset about the Tough change. It seems to have reduced our points costs a bit and you could never rely on getting a Tough when you needed it anyway.

What I'm disappointed in is how our infantry have all been neutered or stayed the same when we needed some buffs. Skinner is still terrible, Scouts are still terrible, Bushwackers still unimpressive, Sons of Bragg were nerfed for some reason, Champs are still bad.

We are just so bland now, with only a couple exceptions.

Trolls are the aggressively average. Their stuff is OK, their casters meh, and their beasts expensive and unimpressive.

It's neat in that there's very little that's super terrible, but with no broken theme lists to prop them up Trolls will maintain their status as meh status and likely won't perform well in the new edition

hopefully to's avoid it then.

>tfw picture was extremely accurate of mk2

>cygnar player with more faction models than mercs

I'm bit miffed about tough changes because it feels so fucking pointless now. There's billions of way to bypass it and if there isn't, it comes up only once which then someone else just double taps.

The odds of model surviving with tough is so astronomically low now that I almost wish it wasn't even there and it feels like a chore rolling the dice.

I would've loved it if tough was auto pass first time and auto fail second time, but alas

If you plan a tough faction you should always be playing like it doesn't exist. In Mk2 it was a dumb thing that happened but you could never count on it but you're opponent had to plan around it.

This is more true now except your opponent might not get totally derailed by one dude making a billion tough rolls.

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 (+26) points

(Zaal 1) Supreme Aptimus Zaal [+26]
- Kovaas
- Agonizer [7]
- Cyclops Brute [8]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
Immortals (max) [15]
- Extoller Advocate [4]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Praetorian Karax (max) [11]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Hakaar the Destroyer [7]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Extoller Soulward [3]

I thought they got rid of 6 flags non-nerio

You played it like it didn't exist because it was unreliable, but it was still a significant thing when it could happen so you rolled the dice. Now, it's even less of a thing that still requires my input.

I'm saying that tough is so meaningless to the point where I wish I could choose to not roll the dice.

I feel the same way about Cryx- still good I guess but very bland. Really all of mkiii has left a rather flavorless taste in my mouth, and Im unhappy with how it was rolled out.

I really dont feel like they spent 3 years on it

Why wouldn't you? Force your opponent to spend more resources and waste their clock

>I really dont feel like they spent 3 years on it
They did, Cryx just got a much deserved kick in the balls. Welcome to the same level as everyone else.

Can some user please help me with the stats for the following Menoth Units?
-e Feora
-Vigilante
-Reckoner
-Judicator

-Choir
-Errants+Errant UA+ Seneschall
-Cleansers

-Rhuppert

I tried everything, from the shitty App to grind my way to sites with not working Pictures...
And i have a game tommorow.

Though since Hakaar doesn't spawn a kovaas and can't get souls from soul converter I might replace hi with a third AG and a tinker. Tinker can repair AGs.

rolling tough is on my clock not theirs. my opponent isn't burning "more" clock since all that has changed is his target of attack. Tough is so insignificant now to the point where it doesn't even disrupt the opponent's future attack plans anymore.

eh, just eh

In theory between freezing grip(s), the covering fire templates, and the crit dev I should be able to control most players into the dirt. With Andy piloting a colossal I can still keep the control game up and have a conquest laying down the heat.

With the feat, shatter, and the knock down spell I am able to do long range assasination or get down and dirty with the ice queen herself with a possible 17 - 19" non linear threat range.

The cav are their to clear the way of infantry, jam up enemy warjacks, contest/score objectives, and just be annoying. Magic ability 6 doesn't suck when you hit on anything not double ones.

The mechanics with the ua are there for Andy mostly. Red line, sucker, and girded keep things rolling.

He won't die to blasts, you can't just shoot him off the table, and to reliably kill him with a spell your investing 4 focus or fury. Def 15(fog of war) arm 13 with 1 or 2 focus camped. If you spend that much sorscha can come and pop your caster within reason.

I am considering dropping the Mechaniks for silly willy and a gobbler tinkerer, but I think this build is probably the best it can be. Gotta make sacrifices some where I guess.

Last of all Armory, because fuck menoth. Enjoy your crit dev effect.

If my opponent is straight up spamming jacks or beasts I bust out butcher 3.

Tough checks are pretty much never on your clock unless you are painfully slow or not paying attention. Git gud scrub, learn to use the clock correctly

What you think Veeky Forums of my eVyros

I've seen players flip the clock on tough checks so its on your time, especially if playing against trollbloods. Forcing 20 plus tough checks really eats away at a clock even if the opponent isn't being a doucher, in a deathclock environment,

Ret is bad and you should feel bad.

it's pretty standard to autoflip the tough rolls to the roller's clock.

git gud scrub, learn to use the clock correctly

Clocks should be changed the moment you aren't doing anything and your opponent is. This includes tough checks and your opponent measuring in a way that could interrupt your movement or measuring.

It takes longer to change the clock to your opponent and back than it does to make the tough roll

Only if you let your opponent bully you about it. Tough checks take a fraction of a second, don't let some dude push your little bitch ass around. If they are clocking to you like that you best make damn sure you clock to them for every little thing because Tough checks should not take that long

Git gud scrublords, don't waste time fucking around looking for dice and pay attention.

This guy gets it People switching the clock to you for tough checks is dirty tactic used to try ad burn your clock. It's a dick move, don't let them do it. Unless you're painfully slow it should never happen.

Source: I am an EO

Doesn't matter, you roll the clock over and it will burn the tough player's clock

then you are doing it wrong then. please run your events properly

I played Ret before Thane, Issy and Imperatus!

I earned the right to play Ret!

No, you're being a dick or you are slow. It will litterally burn more of your clock to switch back and forth like an ass than it will to just roll the dice. How long does it take you? Don't be a dick and don't be a little bitch about it.