stat me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Hylian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not a fucking elf, that's for sure.
Pointy ears do not make an elf.

Overprized as fuck arrow head +9999

Aasimar would be more precise

The current Zelda homebrew should be scrapped and use this as the base instead.

BotW is the most tabletop friendly Zelda

Athletics: 1
Affection: 2
Skill: 2
Cunning: 1
Luck: 2
Will: 4

Maid Types: Heroine/Cool
Green, Blue, or Red Uniform, Sky Blue Eyes, Yellow Hair
Special Qualities: Elf Ears, Quiet

Maid Roots: Orphan
Stress Explosion: Stealing
Maid Weapon: Western Sword

Trauma: Bad Unrequited Love
Complexes: Looks Older, Loneliness
Maid Power: Persistence. Whenever you take Stress, automatically reduce the amount by 1
point.

Favor: 4
Spirit: 40
Name: Zelda

I didn't watch all of the stream, but I was genuinely impressed by some of the parts of it.

I might actually buy BotW.

yeah going to buy it too, it got me excited like I was a little kid again. which is RARE in this day and age

>Name: Zelda

I thought it looked pretty disappointing.

Open world is bad, and a lot of stuff either looks like gimmicks or more of the same, presented as if it wasn't.

The aesthetic is soulless, you have to admit. No character, no atmosphere. Twilight Princess had the best (non Wind Waker) graphics, despite the edgefilter -- this is just pretending that stylised = interesting.

They could have set it anywhere else but Normal Land, but they didn't. WW had the sea, even SS had a half-hearted sky -- they could have set it in a huge city, or *something*, and they didn't.

Guys... What if Zelda was a girl?

What's that system?

The world seems a little bit too empty I agree, but some of it is fairly nice, and they actually made the stamina bar from Skyward not suck.

but they specifically said they removed everything from the E3 demo not to spoil anything and the demo zone was literally 2% of the map. granted this is better discussed at /v/

Maid RPG

>The world seems a little bit too empty I agree
They said they were avoiding showing towns, dungeons or anything plot-related. And we didn't see anything outside the starting area.

That's Sheik you fool

Even the starting zone was kinda barren of features, having a huge world is great but I hope the other zones are more dense.

If they wanted to remove all plot details, why did they show this old guy who is very obviously Ganondorf?

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

>Ganondorf
His name is pretty clearly Old Man, can't you read?

>when you wanted to force a meme but you were too slow, but then you decide to do it anyway

>Aesthetic is soulless
I thought it was everything but. It has this cheery, pastel like feeling, like every frame was a picture.

This. It reminds me of Wind Waker but a bit more grown up I guess.

On one hand I feel like huge open areas lose something of the series' essence, but on the other hand, we already have a bunch of excellent "traditional" Zelda games and it does look quite good.

>The shear fucking butthurt from people because Link is a guy.
It was hilarious.

It's actually pronounced "Oldman".

Woah, that would be like 100% of all Zelda games!, too progressive, I don't think it will ever work.

>They could have set it anywhere else but Normal Land, but they didn't.

I don't think that's a fair assessment - the map is absolutely fucking huge, and we only saw one part of it.

Given that this game's twist on the setting is, by their own admission, "technology," there's a very strong possibility we'll see plenty of high tech temples and weird robots and other magitech outside of the ruins Link wakes up in. We've only seen the starting area of a game with an absolutely fucking gigantic map so far.

I concede that, but how do we know that's not just Ganondorf's surname? He's double barrelled because he's taken his mothers name and the name of the man she kidnapped and raped.

>shear

Misspelled words aside, what are you talking about

Basically, Link has always been a cute little twink, but this time a bunch of crazy people theorized that he was a girl because he wasn't sporting a beard or whatever. So when they outright said at E3 that Link is indeed a man again, these people who invested their life in their dumb theory EXPLODED, screaming about how terrible and sexist the game is.

My point isn't that the world itself is empty.
Cheery? You're kidding. It's cold, and bland, and the characters don't look like characters.

You know that old WiiU demo from 2013? Which was kind of like a revamped Twilight Princess? *That* would've been good.
Yeah, quantity totally makes up for quality. We've been to places like this before -- loads of times before.

Plus, open world is bad; loads of breadth, no depth.
I honestly think it was the lack of green get-up that got them.

You can say SJW and feminists, user.

No I can't, the mods are ban happy about it.

Can we start raping these people in the street or something?

>these people who invested their life in their dumb theory EXPLODED, screaming about how terrible and sexist the game is.
When you say "these people", do you mean that someone made a post on the Internet?

I mean many someones made many posts on the internet in frothing rage.

Why would you want to do that?

>We've been to places like this before -- loads of times before

I don't know if that's something you can confidently say. The demo showed Link waking up in fairly archetypical Hylean ruins, but the presence of the tablet device and the aesthetics of the resurrection chamber makes it clear that they'll be crossing the "normal" fantasy setting with futuristic high technology, which is fairly unique.

That's not the geography, though. It's still a flat, standard land (as in, pile of dirt). It's not something we can play with in new ways, like the sea. No matter what's *in* it.

Plus, we had "high tech" in Skyward Sword.

Some of these people got lots of money for ranting, they even got to talk in the UN about meaningless shit.

Nintendo even created the first Link girl (linkle) to please them, yet they still raged because Link girl looks like a girl Link.

Not going to say names to avoid ban.

>literally see tiny fraction of demo zone
>welp time to back it up lads, the world is ded

>That's not the geography, though. It's still a flat, standard land
>It's not something we can play with in new ways, like the sea. No matter what's *in* it.

But that's the thing, we're not in a position to ascertain what is completely *in* it until we see more than what amounts to the tutorial level.

If their alleged twist on the setting is introducing "technology," then for all we know later areas could introduce high tech cities that play with gravity or vertical skycrapers or warp pads, or anything that they didn't want to show their hand on with E3. We have no idea what's outside the plains that Link wakes up in, and given what little they have said about the setting we have good reason to anticipate it will be something unique.

Yeah, it's not like a demo is meant to demonstrate anything.

My point is about the overworld, not the dungeons in it. And we have seen the overworld, more than in Treehouse. Hyrule Fields, again.

>Teleports behind tumblr
>psh, nothing personnel kid
>Unsheathes penis

You know prissy shit like this is why they're winning, right? If you could just let them look childish for having tantrums about video game characters, they'd lose all on their own. It's you that makes them legitimate.

I can't tell if you are actually autistic or just baiting at this point.

Well we won't know until later, so there's no point in getting worked up.

I liked what I saw but expect more from the finished product.

They're not winning. Every edgy fourteen year old thinks he's fighting the good fight against the fascist feminists.
We do know, though. You don't think they'd hide something massively integral, like that, do you?

It's weird how when you ignore pointless Internet drama, it doesn't affect you at all.

Like, I had no idea that I was supposed to be upset at people for them getting upset at something.

>You know prissy shit like this is why they're winning, right? If you could just let them look childish for having tantrums about video game characters, they'd lose all on their own. It's you that makes them legitimate.
This user gets it.

>I can't tell if you are actually autistic or just baiting at this point.

Hey now, I'm one of the people actively debating with him but it's pretty clear he just has a dissenting opinion and that's fine.

When we start calling everything we disagree with bait we make it impossible to have any sort of discussion. Nothing about the posts indicates that he's trolling anyone.

Who said anything about being upset? I thought it was funny.

>They're not winning. Every edgy fourteen year old thinks he's fighting the good fight against the fascist feminists.

Christ why do you believe this is a good thing? If I ever thought that my ideas only appealed to annoying teenage edgelords, I'd reconsider my entire life.

>why do you believe this is a good thing?
Why do you believe I do?

The whole linkle stuff was hilarious
>I want a female link!
>Here, female link
>That looks too much like link! I don't like it!
>Here, feminine female link
>That's just Mrs Link! I want an original character
>Bitch, you want a female link who is original? can't have that because you are already asking for a genderswapped version of a character, by definition can't be original
>Oppression!

These are the kind of plebs who watch Dr Who and Supernatural. You can't expect them to know what good character, or writing in general is.

Supernatural was ok till season 5? dunno, the time they killed one of the brothers for the first time. Well, maybe the next season too because Castiel was based in that season.

is link a bard or a warlock?

>is link a bard or a warlock?
Yes
Back in 3.5 I played a Link homage as a mute Bard3/Warlock3 with Petal as cohort using Leadership who talked using her as interpret. Inexplicably took them months to realize the whole thing

Why a Warlock?

Infinite magic arrows.

tri force of courage literally gives him power, in DND terms it could be a patron

>Courage
>Power
No, the Triforce of Courage simply gives him the bravery needed to slay the evil.

>Name: Zelda
Hard mode initiated.

>Not a fucking elf, that's for sure.
>Pointy ears do not make an elf.

What about the whole bow-weilding business, that lean musculature that hides impressive strength, magical ability, ties with nature, and even the penchant for wearing green?

He's a hylian, but that's about as elf as it gets. What exactly is he missing other than the lifespan?

Arrogance?

Here's my best attempt at a 5e Link (standard array).

Name: Link
Race: Hylian (High Elf)
Class: Fighter 1
Background: Folk Hero
Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength: 15 (for using the Master sword, once he gets it)
Dex: 14+2=16 (for using his bow, throwing bombs, most of his items, light armor, etc)
Con: 10 (only 3 hearts)
Int: 13+1=14 (for solving puzzles)
Wis: 12 (for solving puzzles)
Cha: 8 (can't talk, only speaks in grunts)

Race Traits:
Hylian (Elf) Weapon Training
Darkvision (this is the only one that doesn't make too much sense, Link usually uses a torch)
Keen Senses (for spotting bosses on the roof of a chamber)
Fey Ancestry (resistance to Ganon's evil magic)
Trance (saving the game, lol)
Languages:
Common, Hylian (Elvish), and Kokiri (Gnomish)
Skills: Perception (from Keen Senses)
Cantrip: Dancing Lights (Navi)

Class traits:
HP: 10
Equipment:
1) Leather Armor, longbow, and 20 arrows
2) Longsword (1d8) and shield (+2 AC)
3) a light crossbow and 20 boltt (maybe change this to two bombs?)
4) an explorer's pack
Fighting Style: Dueling
Second Wind
Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics

Background traits:
Skills: Animal Handling, Survival

Honestly, this might make for a pretty good build if it weren't for his low Con. The INT might be good if you wanted to make him an Eldritch Knight.

you're thinking too european on this. dont forget that this is made by japs and long pointy ears means something different to them.

The other Hylians have that in spades.

Infinite magic arrows? I don't recall any game having that. I mean there were the full HP lasers on the swords in the originals I suppose.

Hylians are humans blessed by Hylia with ears that can hear the goddesses, and an implied closer connection to spirits. That's it. They all live in cities and farms and shit just like humans, they have normal figures like humans (link himself is just lithe), they live the lifespan of humans, and have no other special abilities.

Hell, Link only has a connection to nature in OOT, and nowhere else. And that was because he was raised by the REAL elf analogue, the Kokiri, in that game.

But a pointy-eared, bow-weilding, green-wearing, nature-loving magical swordsman is really about as elf as it gets, even in Japan.

>Nature loving
Only in OOT.

>Hylians are humans blessed by Hylia with ears that can hear the goddesses, and an implied closer connection to spirits.

That's really all it takes to be an elf.

No, tree fucking is needed.

They're more aasimar than elf or halfelf

Shit like magic fire in the sword, sword attacks at distance, fucking spirits giving you power, etc

Guy spends at least one dungeon each game restoring some piece of nature back to its natural condition.

That, and spending a fair amount of time mowing the lawn, collecting bugs, exploring the forests and mountains, and just generally being the embodiment of Miyamoto's childhood adventures.

Kokiri are more like Forest Gnomes IMO. Definitely still Fey, but not the powerful secret-nature-society that Wood Elves are

They're more like elf aasimars.

>humans descendants of a goddess
>elves
This is seriously trolling

Technically Link is able to talk, we as the audience just don't hear it. He usually limits it to telling people his name, but some games have had dialogue options. In Skyward Sword for example, Link once explained the entire plot up to that point to an NPC, but we only saw him gesturing like he was talking with no sound or text.

That said, low CHA seems fine.

They're folklore elves, not Tolkien elves.

they're not fey, why would they be elves? Because potty ears? So wolves are elves? Orcs are elves?

>alternate origin for extremely elf-like creatures with most of the distinctive traits of elves including the most important: the ears

Hylians are just the not-elves of the setting. They're not human, to say the least.

Did you miss where I said only OOT Link is a nature child because of his Kokiri upbringing?

They're Elfs in the same way Imps and Demons work in the Worm Ouroboros. I.e. they're humans with a funny name and a funny physical feature to go with a funny religious background.

>Worm Ouroboros
eh?

Hylians are elves.
People just say they're not because they're not used to a setting with no humans.

Did you miss the part where it's a funny image and you're really all sorts of obsessed with them not being elves, when that's basically what they are?

And, all the Links are tied with nature. That's sort of their thing, what with spending most of their time traveling the land looking for dungeons so they can defeat the evils that lurk in them to help restore the delicate balance of the world.

The fantasy book which gave us this wonderful map.

Hylians aren't the only humans in the game.

>No humans
Round ears exist. They're the humans outside of Hyrule. They can and do interbreed with Hylians and by the time of WW, the pointy ears are almost extinct as a feature.

They have no traits of elves but the ears.

>They're elves because I say so.

>Round ears exist. They're the humans outside of Hyrule. They can and do interbreed with Hylians and by the time of WW, the pointy ears are almost extinct as a feature.
>They have no traits of elves but the ears.
Slutty knife-ears lusting after standard humans breed their own race into near extinction?

Seems pretty elven to me.

Also, apparently, Hylians DO have long lives.

>It is shown that Hylians have an extended life-span, to the point of living for centuries.
zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Hylian

Basically, they're elves in all but name.

>1st race
>long ears
>separate from humans which came later
>adult link timeline has Hylians actually start to diminish as humans become the dominant race
>connected with spirits and nature
>link is a guy who runs around the forest with a bow and a sword and magic and light armor

C'mon.

It happened because the goddesses flooded all of hyrule except the highest points, killing the majority.

That's the opposite of elven.

>separate from humans which came later
Not true, humans existed beforehand. It's just that the goddess Hylia blessed her human followers with the ears, making them into Hylians.

No, the Hylians existed, and they may have resembled humans before they received the ear business, but the actual human race came later.