Infinity General: Sneaky Nomads Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli and an upcoming RPG by Modiphus where you are never more than 10ft from a sneaky Nomad waifu.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>New Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity 1st edition Rulebook.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity - Corvus Belli S.L.L. - Human Sphere.pdf

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

harder-airbrush.eu/en/angel-giraldez.html
tcpglobal.com/ABD-TC-20T.html#.V2KQQKIYFc8
imgur.com/a/1PyfJ
play.google.com/apps/testing/infinity.army.mobile
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's because for heavier units designs changed more drastically and the scale difference is more evident. Compare old Zero to new Zero and then old and new Mobile Brigada.

However I'd also argue that anything with a face visible aged worse than those.

Some old faces aged pretty well.

Really some models were crap back then, some were ok.

After 2013, pretty much everything became great.

>new Zero
What new Zero?

I guess he means this guy?

I chose Zero because there's one in the old starter.
Though I guess a Spektr would be a better example, since there's newer sculpts for those.

Any more of these? Or was it just the 4?

There's a new RPG preview chapter. This time it's vehicles.
And as always, new art.

>join ALEPH, they said
>it will be fun, they said

Fuck that's sexy. It almost makes me want to play NeoTerra, knowing what their homeworld is like.

For Pano, what is the difference between a Fusilier with a medkit, and a Trauma Doc?

Doctor skill lets you do a heal on the doctors WP of 12.

A medic kit lets you recover from unconscious state at the targets PH-3.

Thanks for clearing that. Guess I'll just proxy one of the girl Fusies.

You can reroll failed doctor rolls on cubed soldiers (so like everyone in PanO) with a command token. Fucking amazingly helpful when you need to get a Heavy Infantry back up or something.

>having a cube

>Joining ALEPH

Can't really talk though... working for the EI and all...

Why wouldn't you fold before your superiors?

Hey, buddy... This yours?

Because I'm busy conquering a new species.

Just sit back and build your computer machine. The Morats got this.

Nice paint job there user.

>user

y'know those are the studio models painted by Angel right?

I do now.

Any news about manga?

That's fantastic.

Yeah, its terrible, but we've known manga is terrible for years.

Druze artwork always looks good.

I just want to keep buying miniatures

help

You must rise above this terrible thirst. I too succumbed to it and am now trying trim the fat of what armies I want to own.

There is no fat. You want them all.

Haqqislam I've gotten nearly every usable model, and some multiples of and still intend to buy more.

Though my side army, Combined Army, I've had the same models for over a year.

I collect/play 8 armies (counting sectorials as separate)

No regrets.

Just how bad is ADD within the Infinity community?

>mfw I'm just getting started

You will want to get every army possible it'll start out as, "Oh I'll just get one combat groups worth of units..." then boom.

Trust me.

I had them all. I am working my way to just Tohaa, Haqq, Yu Jing, and CA. Maybe even dropping CA.

I have models for factions I don't even play just because they look really awesome and they were on sale.

This doesn't bode well.

I just want to play Space Apes with Guns.

Eh, for me, it comes down to the fact that by the time I quit 40k, my Eldar and Deldar armies were both... what, probably about $400-600 each, if judged cheaply? I don't even need to drop $150 in order to acquire a 300 pt army for Infinity.

Space apes are good cause we don't have a lot of crossover with other CA sectorials. Space ape layers also seem to buy less stuff.
Though I could just be talking out my ass, I have 4 armies.

so im completely new to miniatures
Im going to take the plunge tomorrow and buy a single model to get used to the assembly and see if my paintings improved since 4th grade it hasnt

I have no supplies whatsoever required for this. So far my list is:
Superglue
Metal file
brush set
paints (+ medium and a wash?)

Missing anything/ any recommendations, favorite brands, etc.? are there paint sets that i can/should buy or go individual?

Any helps appreciated, thanks.

I tell people these days just buy a airbrush, but it's like a extra $300 and you still gotta get brushes sooo...maybe not.

Try to make sure you're getting good paints like Vallejo Air.

Craft knife and clippers are a must imo. Always found scraping with a knife working better than a file, but YMMV and file can sometimes go to places knife can't. Also some putty (greenstuff, milliputty etc.) and basing materials and a putty tool.

Remember to buy primer. Buy a single good brush before a dozen of shitty ones, a good big one with good point works more accurately than a small with forking point and can hold more paint.

Washes are fine if you just want to get some minis to tabletop quality and don't aspire to become pro, but I'd personally practice more traditional layering before opting to shortcuts.

Buy only some basic colors in addition to the color scheme you've chosen, that way you don't have to buy too many bottles to gather dust and still have option to mix the shade you're looking for.

I personally use Vallejo Model Color, but most proper acrylic paint brands for miniatures should work. GW paints are pretty expensive for what you get, though.

Any brand of airbrush you'd recommend? I'm thinking about getting one soon. Different guy btw.

Depends what you want to do. I'm personally happy with my Badger Patriot 105 and it wasn't too expensive, but I mostly paint terrain and prime models with it. Can do some simple base colors, zenithal highlighting etc. but wouldn't even try some of the fancier effects possible with airbrush, as I feel it isn't accurate enough.

Giraldez uses Harder&Steenbeck, infact has a profile in their site:
harder-airbrush.eu/en/angel-giraldez.html

The question is, do you have a $100 or $300 to spend on brush alone, another $100 for a good air compressor.

Here's a pic

Not the same user but I endorse Badger Sotar 20/20 pretty inexpensive for a good detail airbrush that is easy to get spare parts for of you bend the needle.
I don't know how commpn this problem is but coming from Europe I had to buy an adapter for my brush to connect to the air hose to the compressor.
But performance wise I adore it. I got it for 100 bucks from amazon. They usually have some good deals on Badger stuff a few times a year.

>buy rodoks
>"Ah phooey, I don't want to buy another box to get 5th one"
>"Hmm, Onyx can field Rodoks and even mix them with Umbras. The Starter looks cool..."
>"Oh, and Suryats too, I have that HMG model already. With those, CA starter and the remotes I already have I could play a decent 300 points Onyx force."

The Mexicans will find a way.

Oh yeah, spare parts is definitely a strong side of Badger.

Definitely going for cheaper model to start, to see if I even like it first. Eventually I'd like to do the fancier effects but honestly I"m not even sure what most of those are. All I really know is that I like the "airbushed" look.

Going off these suggestions Badger definitely sounds like a good place to start looking. The 20/20 sounds more like what I'm after since I'd like to be able to do detail work with it,

For a beginner I would just get a cheap Master Airbrush for like 30 bucks or a cheap Iwata for 70.
It's more about the compressor. I got this one which is cheap, and comes with a tank and regulator. Depending on the brush it may need a attachment, but it fit my Iwata no problem.
tcpglobal.com/ABD-TC-20T.html#.V2KQQKIYFc8

They are VERY sneaky.

I was tempted but I didn't much like the dark sith umbra so I was saved.

I picked my starting faction (PanO NCA) based on what was left over in a miniatures market sale and I love it.

But since I have some Aleph crossover in NCA, I've toyed with the idea of expanding my collection to include some more Aleph... and I really do dig that Penthesilea Bootleg model... :-D

If I get a crit on 12, and my opponent crits on 14, is it a tie?

Hey guys does anyone have these comics? They're hilarious!

I made them, so I have them all.
I will throw them all into an imgur if you can wait a minute or two.

I should be working on a separate site for them when I figure how much does it cost to have it not run on tumblr. I dislike what tumblr dash does to them.

So, have a friend coming up and then a few others coming over, and I figured I'd try to hook the bastards in with some demo games of Infinity. Toying around with a couple of lists that come from one friend's old and unused MO starter that I'll be gleaning from him to resell to another along with my own minis. Toying around with a bunch of different little 120 point lists for starters, partially just for the chance to see the various shit that can come up. So an AD-heavy ASA list, a retarded but fun 4-man Domaru list, a hodge-podge Kazak list, another that's more dog-centic, a 3-man Fiday list with a trio of Mutts, etc. Anything in particular that you would want to toss at new players just for fun?

I love them, I believe I have them all saved. Might have missed one or two. URL usually cost around 6usd a year, then there's hosting fees, which you can be hosted for free usually, so around 6$ a year. I'm from Australia so it's 10AUD per year.

Much appreciated user
There are a few free site hosting options you can try, problem is they all come with ads

Yes.

Different user, I would look forward to that.

That sounds like an awsome idea, dude. Some thoughts I had would be to have a 1v1 between two very high point units, like a couple tags, or a cloaked sniper duel. It's my opinion the most exciting bits of unity is having youre one dude be the hero of the turn.

imgur.com/a/1PyfJ
There we go. I need to redo and reformat some of them. Especially the first two ones.

Also I have several ideas for new ones, but didn't have the time to draw them. And some of them don't even involve Nomads or PanO.

Ads aren't a problem, I use adblocker and I'd expect anyone else to do that too. Especially with how some of those ads kill bandwith. I was thinking it'd be nice to have a patreon running, but I don't want to launch one without providing some sort of "service" in return – like a semi-regular webcomic.

However it seems a paid service is the only way to format a site exactly as I'd want it to. I've tried that free version of wordpress and it's too limited for my linking.

Why not try to get in contact with CB themselves and see if they put the comics on their webpage?

Awesome! Thanks a bunch user, those are the best

And if you do ever decide to make a patreon I would be happy to donate (with what meager income I have left after bills and pewter crack)

Yeah, that's more or less what I was thinking. You can really, really hone in the theme of a list when you're only at 125 points or so, and without fussing with ITS bullshit, you can have a little more fun.

>4 Minelayer Chasseurs, a cheap Metro Lt, and a trio of the Inferior Infiltration Metros
Versus
>A pair of Dog-Warriors with a 5 man Line Kazak link team* backing them up.

>4 man Domaru squad, including Neko
versus
>4 man Magister Knight squad, supported by a crazed Teuton

We actually did a couple of tries at what we called the Monster Rumble. It was basically just a TAG fight, set at around 95 or so. The major issue was always just finding a good balance, especially for people who either didn't have the heavy TAGs or didn't have TAGs at all. We toyed around with letting people running the lighter tags like Tikbalangs bringing 1 extra order. Would normally do them 4-man Free For Alls, with each person deploying in one of the corners.

*I mean, everyone knows that Line Kazaks will end up Fireteam Core, so in tiny games like this where the parts of the Sectorial that are actually unknown aren't present, I see no reason not to just make a little linkteam.

This could work out, they are a small company so you know you will be at least considered

>play ALEPH
>see ASA has access to a bunch of ALEPH models
>realize I can make an 300 ASA with what I have by just buying an ASA starter.

Fucking Peruvian pewter crack peddlers

Currently play Tohaa I know when the caliphate, pano ocean planet and pano ice planet and tunguska comes out I'll have buy them all.

I mean, ASA doesn't really have a bunch of ALEPH models, do they? Just the Naga at AVA 2 and three characters. ...Wait, what am I talking about, they're ALEPH characters. That's probably 200 points with those 5, isn't it?

Putting Greeks in ASA was a terrible idea. ALEPH has already been taken over by the wannabe recreations and now the disease is even spreading to other factions.

Nagas can stay. They at least have a decent fluff excuse.

170ish

What army builder is that?

Looks like the phone one.

What said.
Its a screen shot from the mobile version of the army website.

I never knew this existed, pretty neat. Just wish I could get an app on android.

Seach the play store for infinity army and be pleasantly surprised.

Ah, I was throne off by the aleph toolbox, assumed it was something faction specific

ALEPH toolbox is a fan thing. I only really use it to look at old N2 profiles and reminisce about the good old days when the Exrah existed and heavy infantry were usually fucking worthless.

You want the one below that

What? I can't find that anywhere on the play store! Are you in the US?

RIP Caskuda, you were too pure for this world. N2 had some really great ideas that it's a real shame to see gone. The Caskuda's AD actually being a Shock blast template, Braces on the Maggy, and a Vet Kazak Doctor. Though in the last case, I'm definitely plenty happy with what they turned Vet Kazaks into, even if we lost a WIP 14 Doctor.

I just get so annoyed when people yammer on about the fact that Braces needed to go because CB don't want vehicles. Just, what? We've already got motorcycles and having an Ork Wartruck rule for the Maggy was great and added some utility to a TAG that we haven't otherwise seen.

I would be really interested if CB is ever going to revisit something like the Caskuda. If not with a damaging AD template, even just something like a Smoke one would be pretty fucking rad.

I am.
See if this link works
play.google.com/apps/testing/infinity.army.mobile

Braces were cool but a bit too good back in N2. I think bringing back something like braces might be a good idea. Everything's getting so order efficient now that it wouldn't make as much of a difference as it did back in the day.

The business bugs will return. Eventually.

That worked, just needed to sign up for the beta

Much appreciated user

I signed up, but now it says the url to download the app itself is invalid, like it disappeared off the store.

Nevermind I just had to brute force it

Looking to field this as an upgrade to my starter kit.

IwBmB8GYRcHED2BDANuYBSTmCE2sZ4G6QanADshArBrdIVVQCwBshATBl6J1x1wCcpHAO5CRHUlIyDBGAAKUsTKngAcWTRU0KFQA

Auxila and Dronbots were suggested by anons, the hexas sniper is my personal flavor. What do you guys think? What else could I add/change to round it off at 300?

here's my third infinity mini
sorry for the quality of the pic

>kebabs
>not shuf 'em

This is quality advice.

Here you go user.

Added a crocman, made the FK a hacker so your list was legal, and changed the GML bot to the much more useful sensor/fo bot.

IwBmB8GYRcHED2BDANuYBSTBODBCTQ/IzPSDc4AdnwCZz6Ntc8aaBWEOjWrU9jAMjkCANiziq4gpXKiAHBgAC1LGxp5avLUxE6d2ckqVA===

>Ragiks going into CC

I like the blood and weathering. Your metals seem a bit chalky, what paint are you using? Remember even metallics should be thinned.

gw paints
yeah... should have thinned it more

Thanks friend, I appreciate the help.

MwBgjAPqIVCkAmBBOOB2AbCOBCYiV0MFcAORYAFjlJGpwFYx00HFSN8ABHoA

I made a fun XCOM-style 150pt list. How's it look?

>MwBgjAPqIVCkAmBBOOB2AbCOBCYiV0MFcAORYAFjlJGpwFYx00HFSN8ABHoA
...Awful

Oh yeah?

MwBgjAPqIRCsBSATMMCDs6BsCCEiU1MAOPJHJOJBY4gFjIqpvrzGpVOJTbRXRpI0AAVFA===

not bad, though I think I like this better:
MwBgjAPmCsIRwCkAmZBORB2AbCRBCDZYaRADjDAOWxWmXLIBZrbl7Gl9hMVsk0YMgVLEqmTMIACMoA==

Druze sectorial when?

Yeah, chalkiness is the big downside to GW paints. That and being overpriced.

I only use P3 and Vallejo nowadays.